Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

yagan wrote: »

I could have voted for my neighbour as easily with there being no ID checks.

But that is only one vote and unless you are certain that your neighbours didn't have a postal vote, that they are actually on the electoral roll and are away on holiday so are not going to be turning up in person you are taking a massive risk of a prison sentence for zero potential benefit.

The protection in the system is that its damned difficult to fool in any meaningful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,559 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I live in the UK (moved from Ireland) and have voted here numerous times. No ID is ever requested.

You just present yourself at the desk and the person just strikes a line through your name and address with a pencil and ruler- high tech stuff.

I have forgotten what is done in Ireland.

It's the same in Ireland, I have voted in Ireland and the UK and never once been asked for ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

It's the same in Ireland, I have voted in Ireland and the UK and never once been asked for ID

Is this possibly what happened in the 2016 election also?

Is it plausible

Is it plausible

Is it plausible that large scale fraud decided the 2016 election? No. In fact, the only person who made such a claim was Trump.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is it plausible

No, not in the slightest. Zero evidence of such things happening.

There have been one or two instances of a single person voting on behalf of a relative, nothing more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is it plausible

Trump launched an investigation to look into fraud in the 2016 election.

Mike Pence and Kris Kobach were in charge. It just sort of fizzled out after a while.

Trump launched an investigation to look into fraud in the 2016 election.

Mike Pence and Kris Kobach were in charge. It just sort of fizzled out after a while.

Did the Democrats not launch investigations into Russian interference. I don't know how it concluded

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did the Democrats not launch investigations into Russian interference. I don't know how it concluded

215 indictments, trials, convictions, sentences and then pardons from Trump to close the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You said the DNC were investigating fraudulent votes in 2016, they weren't you were wrong (remember when you posted about never being wrong? well, guess what? you were incredibly wrong about that).

donald trump did investigate for fraud in 2016 and found nothing, he was wrong.
    donald trump in 2020 again investigated and pretended to sue for fraud (in court it was made clear they were not alleging fraud) and was proven wrong over and over, mostly by judges that donny himself had appointed.

You know this, it was explained to you many times before, and yet you keep bringing up alternate facts (i.e. lies) that kalala macalooney would be proud of.

Please point to the laws that should be overhauled, stop veering randomly all over the place again, stick to your point and follow it through for once.

215 indictments, trials, convictions, sentences and then pardons from Trump to close the loop.

This was also pointed out to ExMachina multiple times, so there is the possibility that a goldfish is posting, or that reality is deliberately being ignored over and over again.

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    You said the DNC were investigating fraudulent votes in 2016, they weren't you were wrong.

donald trump did investigate for fraud in 2016 and found nothing, he was wrong.
    donald trump in 2020 again investigated and pretended to sue for fraud (in court it was made clear they were not alleging fraud) and was proven wrong over and over, mostly by judges that donny himself had appointed.

You know this, it was explained to you many times before, and yet you keep bringing up alternate facts (i.e. lies) that kalala macalooney would be proud of.

Please point to the laws that should be overhauled, stop veering randomly all over the place again, stick to your point and follow it through for once.

The post above yours answered my question. You mean voter fraud or interference?

Like I said both voter fraud ie voting multiple times and election interference both taint democratic elections

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

robinph wrote: »
    But the differences do enable the likes of Trump to spout nonsense, confuse people and incite an insurrection after confusing and lying to loads of people.

He is able to do that anyhow. Making changes to prevent him lying about stuff is a waste of time.

All of them. Total overhaul of the system required

Still waiting on your, incredibly likely to be wrong, answer.

Except you were responding to a post that was referencing fraudulent votes and asking if that could have happened in 2016. So your points are all over the place.... Do you think large scale fraud occurred in either 2016 or 2020? Most posters here do not as no evidence exists for it...

I think that investigation was started by Trump as well in an attempt to prove that there wasn't any interference. Except it proved there was Russian interference so he got his attorney general to release dodgy statements about the result of the investigation a day before the full report came out and saying the opposite to what the report actually said so that it would confuse people.

Russia did interfere in the election, they couldn't prove Trump was directing the interference (doubt anyone ever thought it was trumps idea anyway, he's just been the useful idiot all along). This has nothing to do with voter fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

robinph wrote: »
    I think that investigation was started by Trump as well in an attempt to prove that there wasn't any interference. Except it proved there was Russian interference so he got his attorney general to release dodgy statements about the result of the investigation a day before the full report came out and saying the opposite to what the report actually said so that it would confuse people.

Russia did interfere in the election, they couldn't prove Trump was directing the interference (doubt anyone ever thought it was trumps idea anyway, he's just been the useful idiot all along). This has nothing to do with voter fraud.

It doesn't matter how many times that is said, or how clearly that is explained you will still get people making the false equivalence between Trump's nonsense about stolen elections and the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, which did happen.

As shown by the FBI investigation.

Pure bad faith argument, no one is that stupid not to be able to tell the difference.

Is it plausible

Well no, if it had happened then it would be known by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1362860358789197829?s=19

Oath keepers -> Stone -> individual one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

joe40 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many times that is said, or how clearly that is explained you will still get people making the false equivalence between Trump's nonsense about stolen elections and the FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, which did happen.

As shown by the FBI investigation.

Pure bad faith argument, no one is that stupid not to be able to tell the difference.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad faith argument. One thing I've noticed in the last year or two is a lot of people have no critical thinking or logical reasoning skills at all. Combine that with fervent political beliefs and you end up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad faith argument. One thing I've noticed in the last year or two is a lot of people have no critical thinking or logical reasoning skills at all. Combine that with fervent political beliefs and you end up here.

No. It just lying, and lying simply to keep hold to a narrative that's been built up in someone's head. It's lying to oneself and to others in an effort to keep a scenario alive. It's "bad faith" arguing at its most base level at this point.

We've been round the bloody houses time and time again over these silly touchstones and they've been smashed to bits each and every time. At this stage, anyone with a genuine interest knows about the investigation post 2016 and its outcome, and they should know what occurred over the last few months with regards to Trump's baseless claims of a wide scale voter fraud conspiracy.

There is no reason, whatsoever, to be in the dark about these things, other than wilfully doing so for a specific purpose.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    No. It just lying, and lying simply to keep hold to a narrative that's been built up in someone's head. It's lying to oneself and to others in an effort to keep a scenario alive. It's "bad faith" arguing at its most base level at this point.

We've been round the bloody houses time and time again over these silly touchstones and they've been smashed to bits each and every time. At this stage, anyone with a genuine interest knows about the investigation post 2016 and its outcome, and they should know what occurred over the last few months with regards to Trump's baseless claims of a wide scale voter fraud conspiracy.

There is no reason, whatsoever, to be in the dark about these things, other than wilfully doing so for a specific purpose.

This should be stickied with the OP of the thread at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters, he is turning out to be a swamp creature that is in hiding most of the time, Kamala is the one out in public while Biden the puppet breaks promise after promise, at this rate i expect Trumps popularity to grow month by month.
    I expect Biden will step aside sooner rather than later and Harris will officially take over, thats not what the public vote for, this will good for Trump as a legitimate president, not a pig in a poke like Harris.

I see only upside for Trump in the coming Biden/Harris administration and Trumps approval rating will skyrocket once we have a Harris/Buttigieg Whitehouse.
    The Dems are snookered one way or the other, Trump will be returned in a landslide next election, be as a republican or his own party.
    I expect more of the following to be common in the coming months
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nhm6VAIc90

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters, he is turning out to be a swamp creature that is in hiding most of the time, Kamala is the one out in public while Biden the puppet breaks promise after promise, at this rate i expect Trumps popularity to grow month by month.
    I expect Biden will step aside sooner rather than later and Harris will officially take over, thats not what the public vote for, this will good for Trump as a legitimate president, not a pig in a poke like Harris.

I see only upside for Trump in the coming Biden/Harris administration and Trumps approval rating will skyrocket once we have a Harris/Buttigieg Whitehouse.
    The Dems are snookered one way or the other, Trump will be returned in a landslide next election, be as a republican or his own party.

Eh.... You're linking to Sky News Australia that was pushing pro Trump propaganda all of last year... So they're not the most credible of media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'll see you a fact-free assertion and raise you 1. I'm seeing lots of love for Biden and what he's done, and I know he's polled better already in terms of satisfaction than the #IMPOTUS *ever* did. After barely more than a month.

And the 'he'll step aside' is proof by blatant assertion, you've not facts to back it up so I call bullsh1t. So, get over it, elections have consequences, Trump was the worst POTUS in history and the damage he did will take years to undo. Only one of 10 incumbents to lose reelection. Funny how the recent ones were all GOP.

We won't have him darkening the WH door again in any of our lifetimes.

Oh look, another "new" poster shìtting out the same buzz words and bullshìte as the last few "new" posters, even links to the same shìte sky Australia "news" items, Sure you might as well have thrown in an auld Tucker Carlson "news" story as well :pac:

You come across as a Trump supporter in every sense.

Poor spelling and grammar. Fake news about Biden supporters. Completely baseless nonsense about Trumps popularity. Veiled insult at the Vice President. Misunderstanding about election terminology. And pushing a propaganda news source.

Keep posting here. You're painting a very clear picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Morto for ya

Im already seen lots of regret online from Biden voters...

And yet Biden's current approval rating is greater than Trump's ever was.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/joe-biden-reaches-higher-approval-rating-than-trump-ever-had-101120581661

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

What funny is how Biden's disapproval rating is perfectly in line with the floor of Trumps cultists that kept approving no matter what, be it child separation at the border, mocking dead soldiers, vetoing bipartisan arms embargoes to the saudis, having the economy cave in under him, epic failures in handling covid leading to the US accounting for about 20% of the global death total to which his attitude was "it is what it is", and finally trying to undo American democracy.

This same crowd would write off all the above with "orange man bad" and "Trump Derangement Syndrome" yet here they are all disapproving of Biden and pretending to be offended about things like a speech impediment.

It's equal parts pathetic and hilarious, and it applies to about a third of the US voting public:
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement