Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Jesus, everything he is saying is contradicting his actions of the past few years. Spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It just basically called the movement he started to arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,618 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The main thing I’ll remember is simply how Feckin LAZY he was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭blackcard

I have never heard a speech so full of self congratulation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Sky reported that its over 400,000 now, the last 100,000 has been since December 12th.

Lets see how many covid deaths Biden has on his hands in the next month.

• Advertisement

Trump having one last **** about himself to his followers before he's forced to have such speeches to only himself in the mirror of his prison cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

blackcard wrote: »
    I have never heard a speech so full of self congratulation

You must be new to Trump's speeches, then! :p

Covid Deaths for the next month are hardly Bidens fault.....

Engage your brain.

Covid Deaths for the next month are hardly Bidens fault.....

Engage your brain.

Buck stops with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

More unhinged nonsense from the loser trump.my god it was badly edited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Looks like he's not even going to mention covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Buck stops with him now.

So Trump disavowed all responsibility for Covid, but as and from tomorrow the buck stops with Biden?

Does that mean the count resets to zero at 12 tmrw?
    Surely Joe is criticism free for the Death toll until he surpasses 400k?

One thing can be guaranteed though, as and from tomorrow the death toll and the national debt are suddenly going to be GOP concerns again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,552 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Probably around 100,000. Do you know why it will be that high? Do you think the pandemic will stop at 5pm GMT tomorrow when Biden gets sworn in? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Direct quote from his farewell address:
    I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices ,because that’s what you elected me to do

He never engaged a battle that didn't benefit himself personally. His record on tackling covid is nothing short of shameful.

Hopefully the US authorities go after him with full force and I reckon they will.

Buck stops with him now.

Facts, logic and reasoning evidently not a strong point.

Explains quite a lot into his supporters mindset Tbf.

Probably around 100,000. Do you know why it will be that high? Do you think the pandemic will stop at 5pm GMT tomorrow when Biden gets sworn in? :rolleyes:

At the start of this pandemic you had Trump looking to ban travel from China, was called a xenophope by the Democrats. Nancy done her little trip to China town and invited everyone to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

kimberly guilfoyle got left out of his thanks! Maybe she meant biden when she said the best is yet to come :D

I see he is going to pardon Joe Exotic, so we can probably add tiger sanctuary to his post White House business interests

At the start of this pandemic you had Trump looking to ban travel from China, was called a xenophope by the Democrats. Nancy done her little trip to China town and invited everyone to go there.

You know china town is not Wuhan? They dont share infection rates...

Once the virus is in your country and you have community spread, that is where you need to focus your attention. I am more likely to catch covid from friends and family than I am from someone from Wuhan or Italy.

He encouraged people to ignore health measures in their community, which causes far more harm, than allowing international travel, during times of record low travel.

The times to focus on shutting down international travel, is when you have lower infection rates that other countries, such as how it is so important for New Zealand, where they have it under control in the community, so their biggest risk is the borders.

If he banned travel from china, and put a bit of effort in at home, you may have a point. But once it was in the country, a ban was a waste of time without measures in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump's China ban was like putting on a bullet proof vest after you've been shot, it served no purpose but to virtue signal the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Facts, logic and reasoning evidently not a strong point.

Explains quite a lot into his supporters mindset Tbf.

We'll see that they'll suddenly start caring about covid numbers from tomorrow. You can add transparency to.their list of shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

I see he is going to pardon Joe Exotic, so we can probably add tiger sanctuary to his post White House business interests

Exotic certainly seems to be expecting a pardon, given this story being reported of Exotic's legal team having booked a limo to collect him from the prison.

If Exotic is not pardoned, it'll be the greatest disappointment in his life since that time he found out both his husbands were actually straight the whole time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The main thing I’ll remember is simply how Feckin LAZY he was

That's harsh, a lazy man doesn't play that much golf.

Lucifer wrote: »
    You know china town is not Wuhan? They dont share infection rates...

Once the virus is in your country and you have community spread, that is where you need to focus your attention. I am more likely to catch covid from friends and family than I am from someone from Wuhan or Italy.

He encouraged people to ignore health measures in their community, which causes far more harm, than allowing international travel, during times of record low travel.

The times to focus on shutting down international travel, is when you have lower infection rates that other countries, such as how it is so important for New Zealand, where they have it under control in the community, so their biggest risk is the borders.

If he banned travel from china, and put a bit of effort in at home, you may have a point. But once it was in the country, a ban was a waste of time without measures in the US.

WHO declare a public health emergency on the 30th of January, Trump says he wants a travel ban the 31st of January. There was 6 cases in the US then.

Nancy inviting everyone to travel 25th February.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

WHO declare a public health emergency on the 30th of January, Trump says he wants a travel ban the 31st of January. There was 6 cases in the US then.

We all know Trump caused the unnecessary deaths of many thousands of people. Don't be dragging it up anymore. Trump's reputation is in tatters as it is.

I read or heard a great analogy. Not word for word what I read or heard, but this is basicly Trump and covid and his china ban.

Imagine the USA is a building in a rainstorm. People coming from china is a few holes in the corner. The rain starts coming in, slowly filling the room with water. The leader tells everyone not to worry. Its only a few holes, we wont get our feet wet. The holes continue to allow water in, and the people are starting to get concerned. They keep asking the leader, and he keeps telling them that it will be fine.

As new holes start appearing every day (new communtiy spread infections), the number of holes has now tripled. The water is coming in alot quicker now. The people are still concerned. The leader still says its ok, but to keep them happy he blocks up the original few holes and tells everyone that he has sorted out the problem, dont worry about it.

As new holes appear by the day, and the water level rising, it is clear there is a problem but the leader keeps pointing to the few original holes that he blocked and encourages everyone to contine as normal, even if that means poking new holes in the roof.

Day by day as people start drowning, he cant understand why they are not praising him for blocking the original holes. Then he starts criticising the Health experts who have been begging to start pumping water out, while he keeps telling people to ignore them and continue with the hole poking.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-false-claims-about-pelosi-and-chinatown/

Just so any of trumps lies about what she did say dont come into it.

Even if he steps away from politics altogether, Trumpism is going nowhere and will merely be taken up by someone else - quite possibly one of his sprogs.

The Republicans will try return to their Romney style 'respectability' guff but given the way the US political system is built, that won't matter come election time as all it will take is one person to run on Trumpism and that massive Trumpian base will be right behind him/her.

I think it'll take some DNC on Bernie style f*ckery to deny a Trumpian candidate come primary time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Id say his final moments will involve one of his red ties, some hand cream and trousers around his ankles while he reminisces about while he had power before it goes wrong and he slips or something. Expect the pictures to leak too. Media whore to the end.

As for the irish people in this thread going on about stolen elections, get a grip we are not as stupid as the Americans so drop it. You lost.

I reckon it's more of a case of lonely men with very little going on in their lives needing something to get behind to compensate for their inadequacy. From what I see on social media there's very much a type of person falling for this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That analogy was far too long! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement