Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh look, another "new" poster shìtting out the same buzz words and bullshìte as the last few "new" posters, even links to the same shìte sky Australia "news" items, Sure you might as well have thrown in an auld Tucker Carlson "news" story as well :pac:

Mod:

Threadbanned when you come back from your holiday as you seem to be incapable of civil posting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Same Kellie Ann Conway nonsense.

When will the media learn?

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/1363499967793553408?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What funny is how Biden's disapproval rating is perfectly in line with the floor of Trumps cultists that kept approving no matter what, be it child separation at the border, mocking dead soldiers, vetoing bipartisan arms embargoes to the saudis, having the economy cave in under him, epic failures in handling covid leading to the US accounting for about 20% of the global death total to which his attitude was "it is what it is", and finally trying to undo American democracy.

This same crowd would write off all the above with "orange man bad" and "Trump Derangement Syndrome" yet here they are all disapproving of Biden and pretending to be offended about things like a speech impediment.

It's equal parts pathetic and hilarious, and it applies to about a third of the US voting public:
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
    - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

I've been saying it for a while - the US needs to seriously look at its education system. You'll also have the crazy element anywhere, but the fact that such a high percentage of the US population is happy to buy into Trump's nonsense is very worrying indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I've been saying it for a while - the US needs to seriously look at its education system. You'll also have the crazy element anywhere, but the fact that such a high percentage of the US population is happy to buy into Trump's nonsense is very worrying indeed.

Some people are just gullible though and easily manipulated. Can education completely solve this? I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »

What is with those types having to do pieces to camera in front of their guns, I saw Lauren Boebert doing it the other day, is it a need to compensate for something? It's like they can't rely on the conviction of their words and need to show how 'strong' they are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

duploelabs wrote: »
    What is with those types having to do pieces to camera in front of their guns, I saw Lauren Boebert doing it the other day, is it a need to compensate for something? It's like they can't rely on the conviction of their words and need to show how 'strong' they are

It's probably to appeal to other gun owners. There are real fears in the US that Biden is going to try to implement gun law changes so it is probably a way to show that they are against such changes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's not just that - Look at the change in the Don Jr. image over the last few years.

Before Dad went into Politics he looked like an extra from American Psycho - Slicked back hair , expensive suit etc.

Steadily though his image has evolved , Open neck plaid shirts , beard , talking about "Huntin', Shootin', Fishin'" etc.

So hiding his true self (Classic "Entitled Douche" American Corporate look) and projecting this "I'm a regular "middle American" guy.

Incredibly transparent , but it would appear to work on a large number of people.

And they all do it , the ability for people in the US to utterly reinvent themselves to chase the money and or Votes seemingly without consequence is amazing to me.

See - Kayleigh McEnany , Candace Owens et al for other examples of total persona 180's that they see to have gotten free passes on.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's not just that - Look at the change in the Don Jr. image over the last few years.

Before Dad went into Politics he looked like an extra from American Psycho - Slicked back hair , expensive suit etc.

Steadily though his image has evolved , Open neck plaid shirts , beard , talking about "Huntin', Shootin', Fishin'" etc.

So hiding his true self (Classic "Entitled Douche" American Corporate look) and projecting this "I'm a regular "middle American" guy.

Incredibly transparent , but it would appear to work on a large number of people.

And they all do it , the ability for people in the US to utterly reinvent themselves to chase the money and or Votes seemingly without consequence is amazing to me.

See - Kayleigh McEnany , Candace Owens et al for other examples of total persona 180's that they see to have gotten free passes on.
    You forgot about the metamorphosis of Tucker Carlson to that list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

He made it through a whole 46 second clips without a single loud sniffle, though by the looks of it the damage has already been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,441 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Don't do drugs kids.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1363861445818142720?s=19

He is f***ed. No doubt there'll be a leak. Looking forward to it.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1363861445818142720?s=19

He is f***ed. No doubt there'll be a leak. Looking forward to it.

This is the part of that Simpson 'the joy of sect' episode when the escape ufo craft disintegrates showing what's actually there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't think anyone should be declaring Trump's f*ckedness ahead of time, because it's one law for the powerful and another law for the rest of us.

briany wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should be declaring Trump's f*ckedness ahead of time, because it's one law for the powerful and another law for the rest of us.

Indeed but it will at least destroy his image as a successful businessman and we know that's all he cares about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭briany

Indeed but it will at least destroy his image as a successful businessman and we know that's all he cares about.

Destroy it in who's eyes? Those critical of Trump are already aware he's filed for bankruptcy a number of times and deliberately inflates his assets so to make the Forbes rich list and so on. So that's preaching to the choir. Those who support Trump just shrug off everything that would make the man look bad. If it even makes their news feeds, it would probably be to say the story is fake news.

Therefore, the situation will make almost no difference to the shape of the ideological battle lines. Now, if this process could prevent him from running for office again, that's a lot more interesting, but I have the feeling it'll get bogged down even if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Boebert is an absolute parody for gun nuts in the US. She owns a restaurant called 'Shooters' in a town called 'Rifle', Colorado where her and all her waitresses walk around open carrying weapons as they serve tables. Check out the menu where you can order such dishes as the 'M-16 Burrito' and 'Ballistic Chicken'
    https://shootersgrill.com/pages/our-menus
    Its like something straight out of South Park

Anyway this Sunday sees the return of Trump with his first public speech since the Janruary 6th riots. He is due to address the main conservative conference CPAC where he will talk about the future of the Republican Party. Mike Pompeo is also due to speak. Mike Pence was invited to speak but declined the invitation, likely afraid that the Trump crowd would shout him down as a traitor. Reports say he plans to keep a very low profile for at least the next six months.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Boebert is an absolute parody for gun nuts in the US. She owns a restaurant called 'Shooters' in a town called 'Rifle', Colorado where her and all her waitresses walk around open carrying weapons as they serve tables. Check out the menu where you can order such dishes as the 'M-16 Burrito' and 'Ballistic Chicken'
    https://shootersgrill.com/pages/our-menus
    Its like something straight out of South Park

Anyway this Sunday sees the return of Trump with his first public speech since the Janruary 6th riots. He is due to address the main conservative conference CPAC where he will talk about the future of the Republican Party. Mike Pompeo is also due to speak. Mike Pence was invited to speak but declined the invitation, likely afraid that the Trump crowd would shout him down as a traitor. Reports say he plans to keep a very low profile for at least the next six months.

you mean shoot?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

briany wrote: »

Of that there is no doubt , but I think the fact that New York have brought in Mark Pomerantz as a "Special Attroney" is extremely telling.

That guy is the absolute expert on RICO laws both as a DA and as a defence attorney. As a DA he prosecuted John Gotti and then went in to the Private sector where he defended Mafiso's against RICO charges

He has been brought in to harden up a RICO case against Trump et al . His experience on both sides of the bench in this area is unsurpassed - There's no other reason to add him.

If the plan is to go after him using RICO , then the "one rule for the rich/powerful" probably no longer applies.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

whiney little SOB isn't he?

Always was, always will be.
    The statement reads like a series of tweets he previously would have written.

Mueller, Cuomo, the Tea Party, the Supreme Court, the state attorneys, Democrats, the IRS, they're all against him.

He says the investigations are an attempt to stop the nearly 75M who voted for him. Stop them from what Donald? They're not being investigated, you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He really is. He's a spoiled brat and yet people look up to that.

You're too kind actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Field east

Is the last paragraph the beginning of a CALL to ARMS ? -ACT 2. It sounds like very familiar to the kind of rhetoric that leas d to the storming of The Capitol on Jan 6th last

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The levels of projection about prosecutors and AGs considering he basically described William Barrs role in the White House to a tee, is absolutely glorious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Field east wrote: »
    Is the last paragraph the beginning of a CALL to ARMS ? -ACT 2. It sounds like very familiar to the kind of rhetoric that leas d to the storming of The Capitol on Jan 6th last

It's a mess of a paragraph.

'I will fight on, just as I have, for the last 5 years (and even before I was successfully elected) despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me. We will win.'

The comma after the word 'have' is redundant and breaks the tone of what he was trying to say. The end of that sentence from the word 'despite' onwards should have either been included within the brackets or have been the sole part of the text in brackets.

The reference to election crimes in this paragraph shows just how distracted his mind is and aside from the last sentence being false, used within a paragraph where there were 3 references to him in the singular first person, this is once again jagged and out of place.

There's no doubt he wrote or narrated this statement to someone who did zero clean up of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I get the feeling he posted that just after he got out of a meeting with his cabinet where he was told the exact opposite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement