Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of course they can and of course they will if they happily defend him of sexual assault they can defend MAGA

It’s never anything to do with Trump or MAGA in general it just a few and both sides have a few is how they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Sorry, yes I mean our resident rapist defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Donald Trump has issued a statement over the past 24 hours, detailing the alleged corruption of the Biden family; referring to Biden as a "compromised" candidate who is sleepwalking the world into World War 3 through his mishandling of China and Russia.

Seems that in this video, Trump is speaking to voters for the next election rather than ruminating on his upcoming trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So basically going by the same rhetoric of lock her up... Meanwhile he's facing just under a 100 charges, many of which relate to subverting an election result. Charges against Joe Biden are meanwhile 0...

And let's be realistic, he's only talking to the already converted who deny seriousness of charges.. Such as yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Convicted rapist noises.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 30,623 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Did the rapist apologise to the victim of his depraved sexual assault? Or continue to defame her?

Or would that 'compromise' him?

Did he comment on the corruption court case he is facing, for misuse of campaign funds in paying hush money?

Or would that 'compromise' him?

Or was it just the standard Trumpster whataboutery drivel without evidence that doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

To summarise :-

Donald "The Rapist" Trump has issued a rambling stream of consciousness lacking a single shred of verifiable proof in a vain attempt to smear the President of the United States to try and deflect from the fact that HE is currently facing 91 charges (and counting) across 4 different jurisdictions in the US.

Also likely hoping to deflect from the latest opinion polls showing that a majority of US Voters believe that the authorities are correct in seeking to charge him for his various alleged acts of criminality. Those same polls also show a sharp drop in his support among Republican voters with only 66% of them having a favourable view of him, a drop of over 9% points since the last polling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Biden as a "compromised" candidate who is sleepwalking the world into World War 3 through his mishandling of China and Russia

Donald Trump is sleep-walking the US into autocracy. And is a former president who used insecure devices in the WH, and revealed classified info to Russian politicians. PEople in glass houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Can’t go to war with Russia if you’re on the same side as Russia though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You can bet your last dollar that the accusations thrown at Biden are comparable to revelations we will discover about Trump.

He is getting them out there first, so his people can both-sides it.

Mark my ****ing words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'll let you in n a secret.

Trump is full of shít. It's well documented.

You're welcome.

Hypothetically speaking, what do ye think would happen if Trump defected to Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

His cultists would be perfectly happy. Remember the new motto: Better Red than Dem

There's not a chance in hell that Donald Trump will defect to Russia.

Trump isn't Edward Snowden with orange hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They'd throw him back.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You are correct - He's a fat Rapist who has spent a lifetime conning people out of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

But on a similar note. I asked this before but heard no reply. All partisanship and hyperbole aside, what would/will be the response from his supporters when he dies. Let me be clear: I am NOT wishing any harm on him. Just that, like everyone, he will eventually die. He's not a young man or especially fit so it might not be a million years away.

Typically current and former presidents and their wives attend. Assuming the Bidens, Obamas and Clintons and remaining Bushes are still alive, traditionally they would attend (Maybe not Doub-ya given his health). How would this go down with his supporters do you think?

Would they be outraged by the Bidens, Obamas and Clintons turning up? ("Look at them politicking. Pretending to be sad. Disgusting" etc)

Would they be outraged by the Bidens, Obamas and Clintons NOT turning up? ("Look at them not turning up. No respect. Disgusting" etc)

Typically these politicians say nothing at these funerals (They all turned up for Nixon and were, unsurprisingly, mute). If Doub-ya or CLINTON died tomorrow, would he turn up? Would he be quiet and respectful? (Doubtful)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I wonder* why he's issuing his usual rambling statements instead of actually doing something about it.

*I don't really wonder. It's because he's making it up so his idiotic fan club will start screeching about why no one is going after Biden as well. It's so transparent I'm amazed anyone still buys it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Let's be honest, convicted rapist Donald Trump would be boasting about defecting days before heading to the airport only to end up getting arrested.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

“My good friend Putin wouldn’t prosecute me”.

I was referring to the FBI or whoever the relevant authority is when they stop his car with a boot full of state secrets.

I genuinely wonder if he could find Ukraine or even Russia on a map.

That really is at the absolute core of this.

If they have proof of any of the multitude of nonsense they allege , then they need to go to Court and if what they are saying is true , they'll win and all the bad people will go to jail.

However , they are not going to court and even when they do end up in court they won't actually say the words "fraud" when under oath.

It's really the only proof that is required when deciding that they are Liars and criminals.

Honest people with hard evidence of criminality go to the authorities , they don't hold Press conferences or make speeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Rawr

It's unlikely he'd do it, although I wouldn't go as far was saying that There's not a chance in hell that Donald Trump will defect to Russia, I would suggest that there's a non-zero chance of a self-obsorbed traitor with a perchance for sexual assult to add defection/treason to his rap sheet.

He might do it if there's a real chance of jail-time (I doubt it, but again there's a non-zero chance) and thereafter I can imagine him pilling onto his ancient 757 with as much as he can cram in there, and then make a bee-line for Russia.

Of course he'd never likely reach Russia, since that plane would have to traverse a good chunk of NATO airspace before getting that far and would likely be forced to land. (Be it in Europe, or in Canada if he tried to be clever by flying the other way.) Would be fun to watch the comedy unfold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,638 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Defecting or fleeing would imply that Trump receives a genuine sentence of jail time or equivalent; and while I think he's in serious shít, as I've said already he's rich and powerful. Rich and powerful people don't get thrown in the clink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Rawr

That's my guess too. But in the remote off-chance where they actually plan to put him in jail, then maybe he'd flee.

Of course. He's never wrong and therefore there'll never be a reason to defect. I honestly to think that if he did, he's be boasting about it on Truth Social before actually doing it.

Name one such person who has done what he's done...

• Advertisement

Presumably his lawyers are telling him that he should STFU.

Let's see if he listens.

If he does call it off, he's truly worried about the trial.

If not, there may be counsel asking to come off record.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement