Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Because the content is plain silly.

The messenger (Jacobsen) deserves to be ridiculed

How many coincidences does it take to become a dog whistle?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because the content is plain silly.

Maybe it is just a coincidence. Or maybe it is a massive dog whistle to the stupider sections of trumps base. You don't think that is possible?

54and56 wrote: »
    Because he has cultivated a god like persona for the disaffected / forgotten / bigoted / racist / simplistic / introverted / far right / evangelical cohort of the US electorate and like any cult style leader his followers are mesmerised and slavishly follow his pronouncements without question or critique.

When you (Dems and Republicans) have allowed a massively polarised society to emerge with huge swaths of un or under educated citizens who feel excluded and genuinely believe they have nothing to lose you only have yourself to blame when someone eventually comes along and taps into that disaffection by telling them they are loved, that they are the real America, that he will fight for them to make their lives better and that XXX (choose your target group from Mexicans to Dems to Antifa to Environmental campaigners to China etc) are to blame for their situation etc etc.

Combined inaction by the Dems and Republicans to create a more fair and balanced society over decades is to blame for the macro problem. Trump has and is taking advantage of it.

Have you seen trumps supporters? Nothing introverted about them. Loud and obnoxious is closer to the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Maybe it is just a coincidence. Or maybe it is a massive dog whistle to the stupider sections of trumps base. You don't think that is possible?

I doubt stupid people would know the meaning of the symbol, notice the symbol from that angle or be capable of putting it all together.

So on this occasion I find the possibility be a negative.

Do you think the when they were collaborating and planning the stage design with the appropriate company that someone on the staff said in the meeting " let's try fit in a white supremacy or nazi symbol if possible " ?

I doubt stupid people would know the meaning of the symbol, notice the symbol from that angle or be capable of putting it all together.

So on this occasion I find the possibility be a negative.

Do you think the when they were collaborating and planning the stage design with the appropriate company that someone on the staff said in the meeting " let's try fit in a white supremacy or nazi symbol if possible " ?

I think that entirely possibly. His supporters may be stupid but they do seem to like their symbology. To suggest that his supporters wouldn't recognise it is ignoring the reality of who they are. Why else pick that particular design?

• Advertisement

I think that entirely possibly. His supporters may be stupid but they do seem to like their symbology. To suggest that his supporters wouldn't recognise it is ignoring the reality of who they are. Why else pick that particular design?

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Speculation that Trump will announce today but I don't think he'll do it for a while yet. Bit too early imo.

Again, how many coincidences/oh you're reading too much into that/that didn't actually mean that does it take to be a dogwhistle?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AllForIt wrote: »
    Speculation that Trump will announce today but I don't think he'll do it for a while yet. Bit too early imo.

Announce what? His tax returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Announce what? His tax returns?

That he's going to run in 2024 obviously.

• Advertisement

It is not a question of disagreeing. You have dismissed the possibility because it makes you incomfortable. Perhaps have a think about why you so readily dismissed the possibility.

It is not a question of disagreeing. You have dismissed the possibility because it makes you incomfortable. Perhaps have a think about why you so readily dismissed the possibility.

Have you forgotten? ExMachina1000 is never wrong, he told us so himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,930 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I don't think the Republican party would want that at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That he's going to run in 2024 obviously.

Probably best to wait until all the lawsuits are over, he'll be in jail by then with any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,419 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably best to wait until all the lawsuits are over, he'll be in jail by then with any luck.

Or bankrupt.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I would say the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, with people involved in planning/stage design knowing what they were up and those in charge missing out on the silent nod.

See: $88 baseballs, Nazi "emojis", and so on.

Of course it's hard to keep that stuff incognito when you've got Trump out and about retweeting "white power!" videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't think the Republican party would want that at this time.

The Republican party has no control over what is happening.
    This CPAC is all but a Trump branded event. With the way McCarthy, Graham and McConnell have acquiesced to the concept of him remaining in power and with the secondary level 'influencers' of Cruz, Hawley, Rubio, DeSantis etc all still firmly in his camp, I think they are merely clinging on to the back of the Republican bus which he has hijacked.

Maybe it is all just a ploy knowing that his health, legal concerns or other will remove him eventually and then they can claim to this 74M voters that they were on board with him.

I think there has been an attempt to try to push Don Jr forward as a viable candidate but apparently his speech this week didn't come across so well and he is a PR nightmare to this point, but, his father wasn't much different. I reckon Ivanka will also come out of this with the support of the Republican party behind her when she attempts to take office somewhere before her inevitable run for the big one.

All very very interesting to see evolve even if there is a underlying sense of despair and negativity that these charlatans could advance so much in plain sight.

I dismissed it because it's not a real thing. Even suggesting that its plausible seems like an opinion of fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

GOP: "uh oh, we 'accidentally' did racism, AGAIN"

I dismissed it because it's not a real thing. Even suggesting that its plausible seems like an opinion of fantasy.

Are you saying the stage design is not a real thing?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Are you saying the stage design is not a real thing?

We both know what I mean.

We both know what I mean.

No, I absolutely don't. Please answer the question directly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice to see that the Trump hotel in Washington DC has hiked their rates for March the 4th, which is the day Trump supporters believe he will be inaugurated as the 19th President of the United States. Grifters gonna grift.

so the stage is not in the shape of a rune used in neo-nazi symbology? did I imagine that?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Nice to see that the Trump hotel in Washington DC has hiked their rates for March the 4th, which is the day Trump supporters believe he will be inaugurated as the 19th President of the United States. Grifters gonna grift.

march 20th according to a very reliable source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

2.1 million votes and election equipment heading for a forensic audit.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-legislature-senate-elections-arizona-phoenix-811a189f9e6416a554e4f399f3c94c4e

Maybe nothing will come off this, still interesting all the same especially seeing that the board of supervisors argued that they were secret and the senate had no right to them.

2.1 million votes and election equipment heading for a forensic audit.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-legislature-senate-elections-arizona-phoenix-811a189f9e6416a554e4f399f3c94c4e

Maybe nothing will come off this, still interesting all the same especially seeing that the board of supervisors argued that they were secret and the senate had no right to them.

It will amount to nothing as there have been multiple audits..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

march 20th according to a very reliable source

seems to be the same date as his health care plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭briany

Muahahaha wrote: »

If they come to DC on that day and try anything, hopefully security forces will give them a good battering.

• Advertisement

Made a Bingo sheet for later. :)

eJFFgzO.png?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement