Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He pled the 5th when asked where he was on January 6th at the Congressional hearings..

Only the best people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Could now be charged with physical crimes in an effort to make him flip...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

For sure.

The trespass charges are a slam dunk , they've charged dozens of people with those and most have just pled guilty - Would they lead to a forfeiture of his law licence I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trying to send a clear threat to any potential jurors that they should try and get themselves recused…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭briany

Attractive - little opinion of her own - will not try to hog the spotlight.... Would Trump ever pull the ripcord on naming Ivanka as his running mate? Trump naming his own daughter as a potential VP would be classic and not even the craziest thing he's done or said this week. It would also tie back into an old video that Trump once posted on his Twitter that went "Trump 2020. Trump 2024. Trump 2028. Trump 2032..." etc

• Advertisement

Ivanka has her own deluded ideas about her future and is trying to distance herself from him , plus it would become all about her if he did that and Donald "The Rapist" Trump doesn't want to share the limelight with anyone.

She gets back involved and a lot more people get a lot more interested in the $3B that Jared has received for his "Investment fund" since he left office.

All but $30M is from foreign companies and sovereign wealth funds - The vast majority from the Middle East - Where Jared was Trumps "Special Advisor".

99% of a fund being funded from overseas is unheard of , as is the fact that 60% of it is from a single investor - MBS & Saudi Arabia.

Someone is eventually going to have to explain how Jared Kushner , the piss-poor property developer with ZERO experience in Investment fund management was able to get all these Foreign entities to give him such vast sums of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Rawr

I fully expect that the Twitter post with mulitple Trump presidential runs was intended for himself, as well as the notion that he wanted a "bonus" 4 years because his first 4 were "ruined" (or something equally childish). You just know if he ever actually repealled the Act that officially restricted a US President to 2 terms he'd try to run for the rest of his life. Some might claim that he was "just joking" on Twitter, but based on Jan6...I'm not so sure of that.

But certianly, the rapist dimwit would likely make one of his kids a VP. Likely Ivanka, since he made the blockheaded move to give her a White House position and brought her along to events to awkwardly try to mingle with actual World Leaders (with hillarious results). There was also this brief wierd time during the Trump "administration" where some suspected that Ivanka and the bell-end she married where the real power behind the Oval Office. Would love someone to finally make a decent documentary about the absolutle shambles that White House clearly was to create that impression. Bet you it was somehow worse than we can already imagine.

But yes, Donnie "Only the Best People" Trump would certainly pick one of his dimwitted kids as VP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think as Quin_Dub said, there's no way Ivanka would join him on the ticket. She completely distanced herself from him shortly after Jan 6th and her testimony was used against him in the Jan 6th Committee hearings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her trying to carve out her own political future within the next 10 years, but it won't be with Trump himself, it'll be after he's out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ivanka Kushner, 2030 running for Florida Senate -

"Yes , my father made many mistakes and during my time in the WH I tried to moderate those unfortunate behaviours but was unsuccessful. I speak to my father from time to time when bringing his grand-children to visit him during his confinement follow his convictions but I do not take my political direction from him and I promise to be a very different kind of politician.

So please vote for me as your new Democrat Party Senator for the Great State of Florida"

• Advertisement

Certifying it frivolous is probably the last step before doing such.

Being introduced on stage by Dianne Feinstein who still refuses to retire.

Brain jars can’t come soon enough. ‘Ahrooooh!’

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,874 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He'll probably be dead at that point. She'll have full liberty to twist things however she likes while cashing in on her name.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

When he’s dead they exhume Ivanas grave right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Brand Ivanka is dead in the water: it was obvious early doors in 2016+ there was a concerted attempt to astroturf her political aspirations, parachute her into positions she had no business being in. Yet it was all so roundly & quickly rejected, her empty Stepford appearance and demeanour so unappealing to the serious men & women of geopolitics, that the idea became too stupid to continue.

I don't know who Trump might pick - but fear it'll be a MAGA Ultra 'cos the moderates who think they can control Trump have left the building - but I can be fairly confident it won't be Ivanka. By and large the women closest to Trump appear to have disappeared - Christ what's Melania even up to these days? She always looked so miserable, and if rumours are to be believed, wept profusely the night Trump won the election.

Post edited by pixelburp on

There's also a good chance that Don Jr. will see himself to be the one to fill Trump's shoes and position himself as heir apparant, though that's more likely to end in hilarity with everyone pointing and laughing at him.

Junior utterly lacks the "charisma" and feral intelligence required to survive without Daddy - except for possibly Ivanka , they all do.

He is a lobotomized Sonny to Donalds lobotomized Vito Corleone.

Eric is of course Fredo with a brain injury.

There is no Michael.

He lacks charisma, definitely. It's the ego and entitlement that could make him try to run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

While Americans love their dynasties I don't ever get the sense Jr has any broad support for favour; indeed I'm not even sure he's Trumps favourite child, despite being named after Donald. Jr is certainly still doing the media rounds ranting about Libs, Woke and all the rest but I've not seen that translate into the kind of Next Generation thinking you say attempted with Ivanka.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,874 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Speaking of dynasties, the current patriarch is responsible for securing the succession first and foremost but it looks like Donald Sr. has too much on his plate for that. Wars have been started over such things in the Europe of centuries ago. I doubt that Eric and Ivanka are just going to lie supine if Donald Jr. thinks he can just assume his father's position.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Rawr

If I remember right, the rumor was that Melania was the one who cried bitterly on 2016 Election night. Although in fairness that’s likely her reaction every time Donnie comes back from the doctor with a clean bill of health. Can’t imagine her hysterics when she learns how little she’ll inherit off him when he farts off this mortal coil.

As for Ivanka. Hard to know what she’s up to. I know that she had a Chinese-produced fashion label that they attempted to cheekily promote via the White House, which only ended up accelerating the label’s removal from retailers when they realised a Trump was involved. Beyond that…I dunno….”married to Jared” might be the extent of her occupation of it for now.

Speaking of Melania:

In a new report that would almost have the potential to make one feel bad for Donald Trump, were Donald Trump not legitimately one of the worst people on earth, a “social source” connected to the former first lady told People that “this fourth indictment is another problem for her husband,” and not a problem “for her.” The person added that Melania “wants nothing to do with any of it,” preferring instead to “lead…her own life.” (Lest you start thinking this Mel character, what with her “Another indictment? That’s a shame. Oh, well, gotta jump,” sounds a lot less terrible than you’d previously heard, know that she also reportedly believes “there has been too much dumping on” Trump.) And when sources say Melania leads her own life, they don’t mean she, like, has her own hobbies but still spends a significant amount of quality time with her husband, especially when he is at his most vulnerable. They mean that, at a minimum, she keeps a river’s length distance between herself and the guy she’s married to

I'm sure she'll be fine , what with the "fees" from the $3B fund that Jared has magically pulled together from Middle Eastern Investors based solely on his as yet undiscovered investment maven skills and nothing whatsoever to do with favourable decisions he made or championed during his tenure as "Middle East Special Adviser to the President of the United States".

Why do I get the feeling that the second that Barron turns 18 she'll be out the door with rockets on ???

She just needs to hang out period, he'll be in jail for years. Barron is already 17. 5 years in a GA state prison, at minimum? Barron is going to get his ride through college and all before the rocket boots ever show up, and they might not ever but we will see. Depends if Melania is smartly grooming Barron not to piss off the piggy bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

What sort of serpent can Melania be really, to submit to that orange billionaire man-child. Some seriously fked up sheeit right there... :pac

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement