Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭briany

Made a Bingo sheet for later. :)

eJFFgzO.png?1

You'd need a much larger bingo ticket to make that in any way interesting. That whole thing will be marked off by the end, if not in the first five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

march 20th according to a very reliable source

Its March the 4th the Trump wingnuts believe that he will be inaugurated. And he will be the 19th American President because they think every President since Ulysses Grant has been illegitimate
    briany wrote: »
    If they come to DC on that day and try anything, hopefully security forces will give them a good battering.

They've 5,000 National Guard troops stationed till at least March the 4th. Theres some chatter on Gab and Telegram about another insurrection but the FBI think its small numbers

Meanwhile that statue of Trump placed at the CPAC Conference-
    f4ba7cdb-aae0-480e-9954-79c279a387db-AP_CPAC_Trump_Statue.jpg?width=2560

Turns out it was Made in Mexico and it was just imported across the border to Florida last week. America First, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Jesus wept :rolleyes: So fecking tacky.......

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It just screams man of the people doesn't it.

Beggars belief that some people fawn over this guy and denounce AOC for being an attention seeker in raising $5M for Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You've seen inside his apartment in New York right?

• Advertisement

It just screams man of the people doesn't it.

Trump may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he has an uncanny ability to connect with voters in a way the average career politician can only dream of. And because so many middle-class Americans aspire to one day be rich, being a rich a$$hole isn't really much of a negative. That's what that golden statue represents. And it also annoys the other side, which makes Trump supporters like it even more. Add in the taste for fast food and the addiction to Fox News, and Trump becomes a kind of reflection of his voter base. Therefore, I would say he is maybe not a man of *the* people, but certainly a man of *his* people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Therefore, I would say he is maybe not a man of *the* people, but certainly a man of *his* people.

The quote, "The President is what America is becoming" I think is a better way to describe Trump. He represents what American's aspire to be - crass, rich, perceived as successful despite not being particularly bright or hard working. Throw in misogyny, an enormous sense of entitlement coupled with a massive victimization complex and you've got your average American.

It's why should Trump disappear tomorrow, nothing will change. America's been going the way of Trump for a very long time, Trump's the symptom not the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

duploelabs wrote: »
    You've seen inside his apartment in New York right?
    yeah..tgought he grew out of that.....:D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he has an uncanny ability to connect with voters in a way the average career politician can only dream of. And because so many middle-class Americans aspire to one day be rich, being a rich a$$hole isn't really much of a negative. That's what that golden statue represents. And it also annoys the other side, which makes Trump supporters like it even more. Add in the taste for fast food and the addiction to Fox News, and Trump becomes a kind of reflection of his voter base. Therefore, I would say he is maybe not a man of *the* people, but certainly a man of *his* people.

Maybe, but he has no great affinity for them, which what makes their support so regressive.

I think Trump is a figurehead which appeals to people more because of the 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', to stick with the cliche phrases rather than a genuine affinity for him. He reciprocates this by wanting to keep them at arms length. Didn't get out of his car at the first stop the steal march when driving through to go golfing, didn't go to the capitol after telling them he would be right there with them, raises prices in his hotel when they are going to be in town, Flew in to rallies immediately before them, walked straight from the plane to the stage and then disappeared, showed no interesting in getting up close and personal with the likes of town hall meetings or meet and greet events.

And he smiles at them while giving tax breaks to corporations, tried to get largely service industry people back to work where they would be the ones facing covid and only advocated for meaningful relief payments when it was a stick to beat his enemies with.

It's all fascinating and depressing. Saw Kimberly Guilfoyle say that 'President Trump will do more for the American people from his desk in Mar-A-Lago over the next 4 years than Biden and Harris will' at ther speech at CPAC. How is such absurd, turgid nonsense lapped up by these fans? He was in power for 4 years, and he didn't do anything for them then, what could he possibly do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Let's face it, if Trump announces he's running in 2024 and is the presumptive nominee, he'll only be doing it so a) he can start collective "campaign funds" again, and b) if any legal action is brought against him he can claim it's because they're trying to stop him from becoming President again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If Trump is running again in 2024, doesn't that mean that he *lost* the 2020 election?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so the stage is not in the shape of a rune used in neo-nazi symbology? did I imagine that?

just in case there was any doubt

https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/1365762248149520386

Penn wrote: »
    if any legal action is brought against him he can claim it's because they're trying to stop him from becoming President again.

"They're trying to prosecute me for all that stuff I did, so I can't be president again. Those ba$tards.... Holding me accountable. How dare they. What kind of a country of is this where a man cannot run for president if he's committed major crimes. You know who knows about major crimes? Hillary. And China. And CNN."

Trump is about to hit the stage shortly, its live here if anyone wants to tune into the sh1tshow, bingo cards at the ready!
    https://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/540899-watch-live-trump-speaks-at-cpac-2021-final-day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trump is about to hit the stage shortly, its live here if anyone wants to tune into the sh1tshow, bingo cards at the ready!
    https://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/540899-watch-live-trump-speaks-at-cpac-2021-final-day

I'd rather nail my genitals to a railway line.

I'd rather nail my genitals to a railway line.

I switched it on for 5 minutes and the whole 5 minutes was a Rush Limbaugh tribute.

Yeah, no thanks.

Ah but you see apparently it isn't a nazi symbol and we know exactly what it is
    We both know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

When is Trump meant to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

embraer170 wrote: »

Soon apparently, I'm watching on twitch and the commentator said he's going to be speaking for 2 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ah, so he'll be reading out all of the drafted tweets he couldn't send. Got it.

• Advertisement

embraer170 wrote: »

It was supposed to be 8.40 but its running late, it doesnt seem like he is even in the building yet. All the Trump losers in the crowd are waiting on YMCA to play

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It was supposed to be 8.40 but its running late, it doesnt seem like he is even in the building yet. All the Trump losers in the crowd are waiting on YMCA to play

He probably assumed it was on here.

https://www.hyattlandscaping.com/

He's just hit the stage now, gonna be wild!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Same old stuff recycled.

Well, I watched for 5 minutes and got a Bingo twice. That's enough of that nonsense for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He just said he may run for 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He just said he may run for 2024.

He cost the Republicans the house, the Senate and the White House.

I think I'll contribute to his campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just beware of the pumped up trumpets over night.

I'll be amazed if he mentions one policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know you're not a Trump fan so I'm not what you mean? You think MSNBC/CNN are making a mistake in some way by not showing it? If so I probably agree since like him or loathe him it probably is news worthy.

• Advertisement

I know you're not a Trump fan so I'm not what you mean? You think MSNBC/CNN are making a mistake in some way by not showing it? If so I probably agree since like him or loathe him it probably is news worthy.

One post already: Feelings hurt 1 policies mentioned 0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement