Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'd say that is a conspiracy theory

do you still think it looks nothing like a rune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

do you still think it looks nothing like a rune?

I think conspiracy theorists are seeing what they want to see.

I think conspiracy theorists are seeing what they want to see.

and I think you are either blind or lying if you think it isn't identical

https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/1365762248149520386

and I think you are either blind or lying if you think it isn't identical

https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/1365762248149520386

Who is Asher Whites and why should I listen to his opinions?

His profile says : Historian. Democrat. Tulane Alum. Gun Violence Survivor.

If it didn't say Democrat then maybe but I think it's both bias and buying into conspiracy theories. He is actually spreading it .

Who is Asher Whites and why should I listen to his opinions?

His profile says : Historian. Democrat. Tulane Alum. Gun Violence Survivor.

If it didn't say Democrat then maybe but I think it's both bias and buying into conspiracy theories. He is actually spreading it .

nobody is asking you to care about his opinion. the shape of the stage is identical to the rune in the other pics, yes or no?

• Advertisement

nobody is asking you to care about his opinion. the shape of the stage is identical to the rune in the other pics, yes or no?

The 30 St Mary Axe in London is said to look like a gherkin. I dont think it was designed to look like a gherkin. It's just a similarity.

The stage design and its supposed similarities to a German ww2 unit symbol is the same kind of thing

Ie it's not intentional

The 30 St Mary Axe in London is said to look like a gherkin. I dont think it was designed to look like a gherkin. It's just a similarity.

The stage design and its supposed similarities to a German ww2 unit symbol is the same kind of thing

Ie it's not intentional

"supposed similarities"? so you are saying that it is not identical in shape? could i possibly get a straight answer? any chance of you being honest?

"supposed similarities"? so you are saying that it is not identical in shape? could i possibly get a straight answer? any chance of you being honest?

It does look quite similar in certain ways. Maybe from an above angle.
    But the 30 St Mary Axe also looks quite similar to a gherkin to some people. I just see it as a building.

I suppose it's all in the individual eye and opinion

It does look quite similar in certain ways. Maybe from an above angle.
    But the 30 St Mary Axe also looks quite similar to a gherkin to some people. I just see it as a building.

I suppose it's all in the individual eye and opinion

It is identical. absolutely identical. so you are either blind or lying. I know what my money is on.

It is identical. absolutely identical. so you are either blind or lying. I know what my money is on.

You cant just start calling someone a liar because they dont agree with your opinion.

Can we at least just agree to disagree ?

• Advertisement

You cant just start calling someone a liar because they dont agree with your opinion.

I didn't call you call you a liar because you disagreed with my opinion. That the shape of the stage and the shape of the rune are identical is not a matter of opinion. They are a matter of fact, simple geometry. that you refuse to admit they are the same means you are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I didn't call you call you a liar because you disagreed with my opinion. That the shape of the stage and the shape of the rune are identical is not a matter of opinion. They are a matter of fact, simple geometry. that you refuse to admit they are the same means you are lying.

I think they're being disingenuous.

I think they're being disingenuous.

i prefer to just call it lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,725 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it was just the stage, it could be argued that its just coincidence. But there have been numerous examples of Nazi iconography/symbolism being used over the past few years. From campaign ads that Facebook had to remove because they invoked the image of an upside-down red triangle associated with Nazis, to t-shirts with an Eagle similar to a Nazi Eagle symbol, to repeated links to the number 88 (linked to the letters HH for Heil Hitler).

Again, most of that on its own, you'd dismiss as coincidence, or people seeing what they want to see. Me? I see it as people within the GOP/Trump-party who throw in as much of this as they can because they believe they're "trolling libs" and whatnot. Same way they use the White Power hand gesture as often as they can.

But of course, the more you do that kind of thing, the more it becomes a truer reflection of who you are. As the saying goes "Even if you say you're only f*cking goats ironically, you're still a goatf*cker"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭briany

Penn wrote: »
    If it was just the stage, it could be argued that its just coincidence. But there have been numerous examples of Nazi iconography/symbolism being used over the past few years. From campaign ads that Facebook had to remove because they invoked the image of an upside-down red triangle associated with Nazis, to t-shirts with an Eagle similar to a Nazi Eagle symbol, to repeated links to the number 88 (linked to the letters HH for Heil Hitler).

Again, most of that on its own, you'd dismiss as coincidence, or people seeing what they want to see. Me? I see it as people within the GOP/Trump-party who throw in as much of this as they can because they believe they're "trolling libs" and whatnot. Same way they use the White Power hand gesture as often as they can.

But of course, the more you do that kind of thing, the more it becomes a truer reflection of who you are. As the saying goes "Even if you say you're only f*cking goats ironically, you're still a goatf*cker"

If one of the two big parties in the states genuinely is using white nationalist iconography, then I have to conclude that the country is even more polarised than I thought, and it makes me wonder what kind of reckoning is coming down the road.

briany wrote: »
    If one of the two big parties in the states genuinely is using white nationalist iconography, then I have to conclude that the country is even more polarised than I thought, and it makes me wonder what kind of reckoning is coming down the road.

Itl be a bit of entertainment if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Well, that's a fairly revealing comment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ooops the mask slipped

everlast75 wrote: »
    Well, that's a fairly revealing comment
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Ooops the mask slipped

there was no mask. there has never been a mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,816 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

it isn't aimed at you then. It is aimed at the white supremacists who would recognise it. It is a dog whistle.

Is Joe Biden a Nazi too ?

Interesting article
    https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/03/02/so-is-joe-biden-a-nazi-too/
    Is Joe Biden a Nazi? I only ask because he’s doing a lot of the same things that the previous incumbent of the White House did, and that guy was always being called a Nazi.

This is the Orwellian duplicity of the world we live in now. Political language, Orwell said, can be twisted ‘to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable’. And so it is that ‘kids in cages’ are now ‘youths in overflow facilities’; and bombs are now ‘quiet’ and ‘competent’ rather than reckless and dangerous; and what was denounced as a fascistic attack on the free press when Trump was doing it is repackaged as a necessary ‘reining in’ of ‘misinformation’ now that Democrats are doing it. Reality is putty to the new elites, something they must mould to their own tastes and interests. Their self-serving dishonesty and self-aggrandising propaganda must not go unchallenged.

Ah yes, Spiked a publication that was so contrary that they jumped to defending Jimmy Savile. The first pertinent point is that the media are not all suddenly becoming positive about how children are being kept in such facilities. Here's the nyt on it and it's get from positive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/migrant-children-border-detained.html

On top of that, there is a substantial difference in policy from that of the Trump administration, they're not separating children from their parents.. As a result of Trump's policies, there are children who will likely never see their parents again.

I have no idea why you think that nonsense has any connection to my post.

Trump's own director of the FBI....

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1366779122161131523?s=19

I guess we can add another to the anti-Trump brigade, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Love all these conservative pieces railing against the 'elites' while being in support of the man of the people who lived in a gold plated apartment.

I suppose if Tucker Carlson, heir to the Swanson Enterprises fortune can keep a straight face while calling AOC an elite (while also disparaging her as a barmaid) I shouldn't be surprised but it's still nauseating to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump's own director of the FBI....

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1366779122161131523?s=19

I guess we can add another to the anti-Trump brigade, eh?

Oh, Wray was branded a "never Trumper" months ago. If Trump still had Twitter he'd be spouting about how Wray was never really up to the job. Despite being the one that appointed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Oh, Wray was branded a "never Trumper" months ago. If Trump still had Twitter he'd be spouting about how Wray was never really up to the job. Despite being the one that appointed him.

Thankfully for us all Trump does not have Twitter anymore.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

You lefties love him more than us righties there's no trump fans in here it's all people who hate him.

You only posted 3 lines and yet still managed to contradict yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Oh so you take time out of your day to post on a thread instead about him.

You lefties love him more than us righties there's no trump fans in here it's all people who hate him.

You are obsessed.
    Hook line and sinker.
    You support an Idiot.Good night

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Oh my old friend everlast who like me couldn't keep his cool in the politics thread so has to post here

Admitting you're a rereg is not a wise move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement