Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

So when is the orange cockwomble going to prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Presumably after he's convicted in a trial, his appeals are handled and the Judge hands out a sentence. Unlike many other countries in the US you're presumed innocent until proven guilty and have a right to a fair trial.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Never, unfortunately.

They will find him guilty of "minor" offences (Which his cultists will take as a "win"). When I mean "minor" I mean offences that trump cultists would decry as traitorous if it was anyone else but would be "pathetic" in trump's case. And "America's Favourite Rapist President" will walk. His cultists (You know the ones) will suddenly pop up with "NoW THE DONALD HaS BeEn FoUnd NoT GuIlTy, wHuT AbOuT BrAnDoNs LaPtOp?". The case will prob drag on and on and on and cost a fortune. Everyone already knows he's guilty of all charges. Even his cultists here are not denying his guilt. They are simply saying he should not be charged (A far cry from "Lock her up" or his threat against political opponent's life "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know.").

So everyone with an ounce of critical thinking... EVERYONE, knows he is guilty. But his wealth, his power and the constant threat of violence will see him walk. They have to put prosecution under protection... Will put witnesses under protection.... from a former president and his supporters! In America!

And, as I have said many times on this thread: To his cultists, "getting away with it" is even BETTER than being innocent. They came back on to this thread claiming a "win" when he was "only" charged with sexual assault. Imagine claiming that as a "win". Imagine the type of personality who believes that is acceptable for someone to sexually assault someone if it means it sticks it to the woke libtards (You know, like us). What does THAT tell you about a person's moral compass?

We all can review our opinions on a person as facts emerge. I'm old enough to be of the age where I'd loved to have been on "Jim'll Fix It". Saville was constantly working for charities etc. "Wasn't he great?". And then, of course the horrors of everything came out and our opinions (rightfully) changed. But to trump's cultists, they accept his self-promoted history of sexual assault. They took his guilty verdict of sexual assault as a "win" (Hey, you didn't get him on rape! Winning!). His people need to have a good hard look at themselves. Look at the women in their lives, at their friends, at their own acceptance of sexual assault if it means "sticking it to the Woke (Whatever that is)"

Incidentally, I see they are trying to indict Hunter Biden again. And I say: Bring it on.

Edit:

And I believe it is important to have a fair trial. His cultists are ALREADY saying it's not but, as I say, Moral Compass...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

However we might cheer the chickens coming home to roost with Trump and his contempt for due process & the institutions he claimed he wanted to "drain" of malcontents... the reality is he's rich, powerful and has connections. He won't see the inside of a jail, and the very, very most we can imagine will be "rich person's jail" or some kind of house arrest.

Anyway, with Trump the best punishment would be penury and to live in ignominy. These people, regardless of political stripe, should always find punishment in having to live down at our level for a time, on the off chance it might teach some humility or contemplation.

• Advertisement

No barrier too low to stoop under for TFG. He wants to debate Megan Markle... Can't link to the article but it's on thehill.com this morning. Here's Salon's summary:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,674 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another white, rich man whose obvious vulgar infatuation with an attractive woman is outed by their petulance or desire to "debate". As if Trump is capable of debate, we've seen the end result.

Sick of hearing about Markle, cos while I wish her no ill will, it's obvious to everyone watching what her very loud, irritating critics really mean when they go on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What would he even debate her about? He says himself that he is a whiner. He whines and whines until he gets what he wants. He has no problem slagging off anyone who he feels is not helping him.

Megan should be right up his street.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That's the 5th extension that they've gotten on the deal with still no sign of anyone actually showing any interest in buying anything.

They were only offering about 55/60% of the original investment back if they had to fold up the tents so I guess people are just holding on hoping that they can at least get their money back at some stage.

They won't , but they live in hope I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Weird smokescreen effort to have tabloids chasing their tails no doubt. Trump is a notorious coward when it comes to debating and to taking the stand. He still owes Bernie a 1 on 1 debate that he already agreed to lol.

Given the narrative that has dogged Markle since she became "celebrity famous" and opened her mouth on occasion to say, hey, things remain a bit suss? I'm guessing Trump would simply gaslight debate her about how there's no racism, sexism anymore, that nobody has done more for blacks & women than Trump, and she should just shut up (or that she was never that good an actor either if she started being a nasty womam).

Post edited by pixelburp on

Fani Willis shades Gym Jordan. Reminds him he's not a lawyer and has no understanding of the laws in question, but hey, he's Just Asking Questions amiright? She recommends buying "RICO for dummies" (my description)

Ohh.... there is SO much in that letter. The tweet doesn't quote enough!

Lines like (you is Jordan)

"Here is another reality you must ‘face: Those who wish to avoid (felony charges in Fulton County, Georgia — including violations of Georgia RICO law — should not commit ‘felonies in Fulton County, Georgia. "

and (after describing what they had to go to, to get Lady G to testify)

"If you are sincerely interested in improving federal law, I encourage you to make it incumbent upon your Congressional colleagues to Cooperate with lawful investigations without requiring intervention by the highest court in the land. That would be a productive federal initiative. "

and on, and on. She attached 10 exhibits of racist threats her office had received, and as Jordan is interested in that office asked for help.

All time gem.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23941366/jim-jordan-letter.pdf

Ohh.... there is SO much in that letter. The tweet doesn't quote enough!

I love it. I don't think she left any bit of his propaganda in his letter untouched in her scathing. Like even the flourishes and the tantrums in the letter. And she does it by quoting lawsuits that Jordan argued in those instances that the Congress had no right to subpoena Trump or his tax returns.

In fact I have his 2019 letter right here quote "Slamming" the "unprecedented decision" to supboena Mazars for Trump's banking information (something they are now actively engaged in pursuing with relation to the Bidens)

Though instead of that particular letter she cites a more recent, 2022 letter Jordan wrote to Bennie Thompson complaining that the Jan 6 committee was unprecedented and complained about the application of its subpoenas. In that letter, he ranted and raved about his refusing to comply with their subpoena to testify: "This request is far outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry, violates core Constitutional principles, and would serve to further erode legislative norms."

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/evo-subsites/republicans-judiciary.house.gov/files/2022-06/2022-01-09-JDJ-to-Thompson.pdf

This lady got a fresh pot of coffee and put on lofi beats to write this **** up, she had a time of it. And that's just the start of page one.

Peter Navarro guilty of Contempt of Congress

In a federal trial in Washington that included just one day of testimony from three prosecution witnesses, and no witnesses for the defense, the 74-year-old former trade adviser was convicted of the two contempt charges he faced, each punishable by up to a year behind bars.

"[Navarro] cited executive privilege, saying Trump, after he left office, instructed them not to provide testimony or documents regarding matters the committee was investigating.

"But [he was not] allowed to raise executive privilege as a trial defense*. And with no strong argument for an acquittal, the guilty verdicts came relatively swiftly. "

*"The 74-year-old former trade and manufacturing adviser has continually asserted, without proof, that he defied the subpoena because Trump, in conversations with him, invoked executive privilege and instructed Navarro not to reveal any privileged information related to topics the committee was investigating."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I have enjoyed the Truth Conductor though. That guy's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Cody montana

JUST IN:

Fulton county special grand jury had recommended charges against Lindsey Graham.

Oh sheeettt!

• Advertisement

And more!

GA Special Grand Jury recommended criminal charges against:

-Lindsey Graham

-Michael Flynn

-Boris Epshteyn

-Cleta Mitchell 

-Kelly Loeffler

-David Perdue

....and many more.

Great to see someone, who had blatantly sold his soul in real-time for Trump, going from detractor to major áss-kisser, get his comeuppance for such cynical toadying.

Just leave this here

What a great week this has been for justice.

Three sitting Senators (Graham, Loeffler and Perdue) on that list. Wow.

Edit: Forgot about Perdue

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Why did the DA decide not to charge them?

And , can they still be charged based on this info if they wanted to?

I wonder if the GOP will accuse them of doing so for “political reasons TM” now

DA probably didn't think was a strong-enough case for conviction. Standard DA behaviour.

Good question but the Special Grand Jury is all about findings of facts and making recommendations, it's up to the prosecutor to decide whether to bring charges.

And it pierces right through the MAGA talking points that Fani Willis is somehow hellbent to prosecute any old thing she can just to serve her political aims. As we can see, however, that claim is entirely meritless.

• Advertisement

'I'm not a fascist coup mastermind, YOURE the fascists! What about Pelosi? Arrest her!' - Trump doing DARVO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement