Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I may aswell tell you to grow up will I so

You're a special type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ITrump w

• Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ITrump w

That makes more sense than your usual posts...

Trump promotes the big lie

People die

His supporters claim he's not responsible for those deaths

Yet he goes to CPAC, spouts the same sh1t and, surprise surprise

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1367118998622646275?s=19

If it all kicks off again tomorrow, I presume we will have the same BS excuses?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump promotes the big lie

People die

His supporters claim he's not responsible for those deaths

Yet he goes to CPAC, spouts the same sh1t and, surprise surprise

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1367118998622646275?s=19

If it all kicks off again tomorrow, I presume we will have the same BS excuses?

Did Trump say he would be back in power march 4th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No. But he convinced people the election was fraudulent leading to this March 4th nonsense.

You know this. One thing has led on from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭briany

After tomorrow, it'd be funny if someone spreads another rumour that the real, real, real date of inauguration is April 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No but because Trump has repeatedly alleged the election was stolen and he didn't lose (rather than conceding because he actually did lose), many of his supporters believe Biden is not the legitimate president and Trump will somehow retake the position.

And I'm guessing they won't be pleased when he doesn't, which could give rise to protests and possible rioting as seen at the Capitol on Jan 6th.

Trump could end it all by saying that while he's not happy the result of the election, he lost and Biden is the legitimate President. But he won't, because his ego won't let him.

But he didn't say anything about this march 4th related conspiracy theory.
    Didn't mention it at all. If people want to buy into some fruit loop theory that's their business and nothing to do with Trump.

You've said yourselves that he has never mentioned such thing related specifically to the theory

Didn't mention it at all. If people want to buy into some fruit loop theory that's their business and nothing to do with Trump.

You've said yourselves that he has never mentioned such thing related specifically to the theory

Nobody is saying he said it.
    They're saying he is the reason that his supporters believe the election was stolen and so the more gullible ones bought in to this nonsense.

You can pretend it is nothing to do with Trump, we expect nothing less from his devout defenders here but you must acknowledge that without Trump's words, it would not even be a topic of conversation.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    After tomorrow, it'd be funny if someone spreads another rumour that the real, real, real date of inauguration is April 1st.

Surprised given the people involved that February 29th wasn't said to be an important date.

Nobody is saying he said it.
    They're saying he is the reason that his supporters believe the election was stolen and so the more gullible ones bought in to this nonsense.

You can pretend it is nothing to do with Trump, we expect nothing less from his devout defenders here but you must acknowledge that without Trump's words, it would not even be a topic of conversation.

Oh right. That's how it works so.

I disagree

I disagree

Trump reiterating the lie that the election is stolen motivates the nut jobs to do stupid stuff, agree or disagree and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Except that their fruit loop theory is predicated on Trump's words. Do you not remember how many of the Capitol rioters who were arrested who in their defence said that they were doing what they believed Trump wanted them to do?

"Mr. Miller concedes he was on the Capitol grounds to protest along with thousands of other protesters and was merely following the directions of then-President Trump, the country's chief law enforcement officer, and other speakers to march to the Capitol."

Similarly, the defense attorney for Ethan Nordean, an accused Proud Boys member, wrote in a filing that then-President Trump "egged on" his client.

A lawyer for accused Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola wrote that his client was "duped," and was "responding to the entreaties of the then commander in chief."

In documents charging Kenneth Grayson, prosecutors cite a social media post in which Grayson wrote: "I'm there for the greatest celebration of all time after Pence leads the Senate flip!! OR IM THERE IF TRUMP TELLS US TO STORM THE F***N CAPITAL IMA DO THAT THEN!"
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-suspects-trump-blame-court/

Speaking through defense lawyers or in interviews, the alleged rioters argued they did nothing illegal. They couldn’t have been trespassing, they say, because they entered the Capitol at the “invitation” of President Trump, following his direct orders.

An attorney for Jacob Chansley — the man who entered the Capitol wearing horns and carrying a spear — said on CNN that his client also deserved a pardon, as he was only in the Capitol because he had “hitched his wagon” to Trump and felt he was answering a “call” from the president to go there. “The words and invitation of a president are supposed to mean something,” said the attorney, Albert Watkins.
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-01-17/alleged-capitol-rioters-argue-they-were-invited-into-the-building-by-trump-seek-pardons

Trump has eroded people's trust in the electoral process (and therefore the democracy and integrity of the election process of their country as a whole) by not conceding, amplifying baseless lies regarding electoral fraud and riling up his supporters.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump reiterating the lie that the election is stolen motivates the nut jobs to do stupid stuff, agree or disagree and why?

Trump saying that the election was stolen because of voter fraud is nothing to do with some Qanon batt**** conspiracy.

Two different things. Not related. Not similar.

I disagree

Let's put it this way.
    If Trump had conceded the election on the 7th of November, when it was announced for Biden, or if he hadn't consistently, repeatedly and loudly said that it was fraudulent, as late as last weekend, if he hadn't specifically held a rally outside the Capitol on the morning of the 6th where he said that something needed to happen to stop the election being stolen, would there be any conversation about the intelligence services monitoring people who are waiting for him to assume power on the 4th of March?

The answer is No.

Let's put it this way.
    If Trump had conceded the election on the 7th of November, when it was announced for Biden, or if he hadn't consistently, repeatedly and loudly said that it was fraudulent, as late as last weekend, if he hadn't specifically held a rally outside the Capitol on the morning of the 6th where he said that something needed to happen to stop the election being stolen, would there be any conversation about the intelligence services monitoring people who are waiting for him to assume power on the 4th of March?

The answer is No.

There would because according to the conspiracy Trump gets into power again or something on march 4th.

The answer is Yes

There would because according to the conspiracy Trump gets into power again or something on march 4th.

The answer is Yes

The conspiracy that he has fueled. See how this works.

The conspiracy that he has fueled. See how this works.

I see how you think it works but I refute it. Completely

Trump saying that the election was stolen because of voter fraud is nothing to do with some Qanon batt**** conspiracy.

*sigh*

I'll engage.

Look - Trump was asked about Qanon - his reply was "they like me - therefore they can't be a bad thing" (I'm paraphrasing).

He knows who they are.

He knows they support him.

He knows the shyte them and others caused on the 6th jan.

He has to know from twitter (although he can't tweet - lol) what tomorrow means.

He knows that him repeating that lie spurs these people on.

He has repeated those lies.

I've said it before, the lengths Trump supporters go to, to defend or excuse his behaviour is akin to a mother of a recidivist, who goes to Court each time to say "my Donald would never do anything like that" or "he didn't mean to" or "he was lead astray by others".

• Advertisement

*sigh*

I'll engage.

Look - Trump was asked about Qanon - his reply was "they like me - therefore they can't be a bad thing" (I'm paraphrasing).

He knows who they are.

He knows they support him.

He knows the shyte them and others caused on the 6th jan.

He has to know from twitter (although he can't tweet - lol) what tomorrow means.

He knows that him repeating that lie spurs these people on.

He has repeated those lies.

I've said it before, the lengths Trump supporters go to, to defend or excuse his behaviour is akin to a mother of a recidivist, who goes to Court each time to say "my Donald would never do anything like that" or "he didn't mean to" or "he was lead astray by others".

70 million odd people voted for Trump. To think that he has to pander to conspiracy theorists for support shows a deep misunderstanding of the level of support he has.

I see how you think it works but I refute it. Completely

No. You disagree with it, to refute it would mean that you prove my view wrong by argument or evidence. You are doing neither.

You are just blindly sticking to the position that Trump cannot be blamed when the evidence, which I have shown is that he has created the void in to which QAnon poured their nonsense.

He is responsible.

70 million odd people voted for Trump. To think that he has to pander to conspiracy theorists for support shows a deep misunderstanding of the level of support he has.

To think that Trump wouldn't push Eric under a bus to get a single extra vote shows how naïve you are.

In an effort to win, he try to extort Ukraine, asked China to help etc etc etc.

He was desperate to win. So much so, he still refuses to accept that he lost.

So, disregard the basis for your opinion and try again.

To think that Trump wouldn't push Eric under a bus to get a single extra vote shows how naïve you are.

In an effort to win, he try to extort Ukraine, asked China to help etc etc etc.

He was desperate to win. So much so, he still refuses to accept that he lost.

So, disregard the basis for your opinion and try again.

You have shown your hand. You think he does pander to conspiracy theorists while I say he doesn't need to.

The only disregarding I will do is of your position. While you are entitled to try and sell me your opinion I'm under no obligation to buy it. No sale

That's not the question I asked, just answer the questions and don't dodge

No. You disagree with it, to refute it would mean that you prove my view wrong by argument or evidence. You are doing neither.

You are just blindly sticking to the position that Trump cannot be blamed when the evidence, which I have shown is that he has created the void in to which QAnon poured their nonsense.

He is responsible.

Correct. Refute is the wrong word.

You have shown your hand. You think he does pander to conspiracy theorists while I say he doesn't need to.

The only disregarding I will do is of your position. While you are entitled to try and sell me your opinion I'm under no obligation to buy it. No sale

"Shown my hand"? You aren't Columbo lol.

I never said he pandered to anyone. Please point out where I did?

I said he would do anything for an extra vote. This was PROVEN when he was impeached.

He refused to disavow David Duke ffs. He claimed he didn't know who he was.

You can disregard all the evidence before your eyes and refuse to connect the dots. This doesn't make you right. It just makes you stubborn, and flat out wrong.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You are right , he doesn't need to pander to fringe extremists , but he does.

His language throughout the entire time from the day he announced his candidacy right up today has continued to feed the conspiracy theorists and their extreme viewpoints.

He continually speaking of things "Being stolen from us" - whether he was lying about Votes or Guns or Religious freedoms.

His lies and his vitriol feeds their anger and extremist behaviour.

Him being President has empowered them , the evidence is irrefutable that these extremist groups have grown more vocal and more visible since Trump took office.

Their current profile , their current feelings of righteousness and their belief that they had an absolute right to storm the Capitol to "take back their Country" has come directly from the implicit comfort and support given to them by Trump.

He is by no means alone in this - Lots of others have pandered to them as well - Cruz , Hawley , Gosar , Gaetz et al all bear varying degrees of responsibility and complicity in this as well.

However - He's was the big dog , the POTUS - so he more than anyone else was positioned to de-fang these groups and let the world know that their extremist views were not aligned with the GOP and the wider world at large.

Trump did not create these groups nor could he ever completely negate them in isolation , but he absolutely categorically has provided them food and shelter for the last 5+ years and as such he is absolutely culpable in their current activities and their ability to do them.

"Shown my hand"? You aren't Columbo lol.

I never said he pandered to anyone. Please point out where I did?

I said he would do anything for an extra vote. This was PROVEN when he was impeached.

He refused to disavow David Duke ffs. He claimed he didn't know who he was.

You can disregard all the evidence before your eyes and refuse to connect the dots. This doesn't make you right. It just makes you stubborn, and flat out wrong.

Politifact shows your Dave Duke claim to be "flat out wrong"

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/aug/27/joe-biden/biden-wrong-when-he-says-trump-hasnt-condemned-dav/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Do you know how many votes it took to lose the election?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement