Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wasn't Conway one of the founders of Project Lincoln?

He was indeed!

Always considered them "the enemy of my enemy". Happy for them to be fully investigated.

If they are clear, they are clear. If not, then they should get whatever they deserve.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1369125105637482504?s=19

Seems to be all out war now...

He is desperate to hold on to the power, and to fund his legal woes in the guise of moving the conservative cause forward.

Who determines whether a politician is a RINO or not? The only criteria which he seems to apply is whether that person is in lock step with him.

He reminds me of an abusive partner, saying that you don't need anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Everlast75 - can you expand on your use of Twitter comments than just empty soundbites.

Link dumps like these without any meaningful contribution from the poster are liable to be deleted without warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

everlast75 wrote: »

He is desperate to hold on to the power, and to fund his legal woes in the guise of moving the conservative cause forward.

Who determines whether a politician is a RINO or not? The only criteria which he seems to apply is whether that person is in lock step with him.

If you can control the money, you can control the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

A RINO is someone that classes themselves as a Republican but does not support Trump, basically. That's where we are now in the Republican Party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would think that donations to the Republican party would be audited and accounted for (for the most part), I would doubt that Trump.org would have those same controls and checks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

duploelabs wrote: »
    I would think that donations to the Republican party would be audited and accounted for (for the most part), I would doubt that Trump.org would have those same controls and checks

What are the rules around him running a PAC ??

If he doesn't announce a run for office , can he continue to collect donations indefinitely?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    What are the rules around him running a PAC ??

If he doesn't announce a run for office , can he continue to collect donations indefinitely?

Given the irregularities and subsequent convictions for the trump charity, I would say there's some loopholes (or grift) involved

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wonder how many Trump voters will be posting their stimulus checks to him? Surely they're not hypocritical enough to take anything off the big bad Dems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Another empty threat....

I don't think Biden has been in long enough for it to have too much of an effect, but I'm guessing the good news on vaccine rollout and relief bill has helped a lot.

One thing trump did well was prioritising vaccine development (even if warp speed didn't get there first), people forget that he was fomenting anti-vax theories beforehand.

astrofool wrote: »
    I don't think Biden has been in long enough for it to have too much of an effect, but I'm guessing the good news on vaccine rollout and relief bill has helped a lot.

One thing trump did well was prioritising vaccine development (even if warp speed didn't get there first), people forget that he was fomenting anti-vax theories beforehand.

I think it is a natural bounce because people recognise the start difference between Trump and competence...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

To be fair - The same prediction was made about Trump when he got elected.

There has been massive unemployment for the better part of a year and Stocks have been roaring ahead unabated.

If the last few years have shown anything , it's that the modern stock market has got almost zero connection to the "real" economy.

It is entirely its own animal now. Presidents have next to no impact on the Nasdaq or the Dow at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1369793211833741312?s=19

He's sending out statements now like they're tweets. The absolute state of this, had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a Waterford Whispers piece.

https://twitter.com/outofcontroljb/status/1369800578948333573?s=19

:D

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    To be fair - The same prediction was made about Trump when he got elected.

There has been massive unemployment for the better part of a year and Stocks have been roaring ahead unabated.

If the last few years have shown anything , it's that the modern stock market has got almost zero connection to the "real" economy.

It is entirely its own animal now. Presidents have next to no impact on the Nasdaq or the Dow at present.

I didn't predict the economu would tank under trump, and i don't remember others doing so either.

I do remember people warning that he had a history of mismanagement of money, which was correct. He campaigned on halving the deficit. And where is that exactly? It has increased by an alarming rate. That's despite him being handed a robust economy, once again created by a democrat.

The point is Trump, the *sitting president*, used it as a threat for reelection. He was wrong.

The point also was that he made a habit of these empty threats while president, because he's a damn liar. He wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bite him on his ass.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Keep forgetting that it's only the US who developed any of the vaccines and no one from other countries has managed to develop any.

robinph wrote: »
    Keep forgetting that it's only the US who developed any of the vaccines and no one from other countries has managed to develop any.

The idea that he should seek approval of anything COVID related is the mother of all insults to those who died due to his wilful negligence in handling the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭banie01

robinph wrote: »

It's like the Alien invasion movies, Independence Day and the like.
    The US is actually the only "real" place on Earth, hence why it's the centre of vaccines and Alien abductions.
    :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised that Don has started tweeting via press release, I am surprised it took him 3 months post twitter ban to figure it out.

If he believes in the vital importance of vaccines?
    Why did he not announce his own vaccination back in January?
    Why did he not have it on camera? In an effort to swing the opinion of US vaccine sceptics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭yagan

I say he's struggling with not being able to see tweets being liked and retweeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Christy42

He's sending out statements now like they're tweets. The absolute state of this, had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a Waterford Whispers piece.

This is beyond sad at this point. How anyone could have believed such a weak man could be a strongman is beyond me. Like a toddler desperate for approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Christy42 wrote: »
    This is beyond sad at this point. How anyone could have believed such a weak man could be a strongman is beyond me. Like a toddler desperate for approval.

A toddler would have far less psychological difficulties.

Is that actually real? What a ****ing man child. His clapping seals should be ashamed of themselves.

I didn't predict the economu would tank under trump, and i don't remember others doing so either.

I do remember people warning that he had a history of mismanagement of money, which was correct. He campaigned on halving the deficit. And where is that exactly? It has increased by an alarming rate. That's despite him being handed a robust economy, once again created by a democrat.

The point is Trump, the *sitting president*, used it as a threat for reelection. He was wrong.

The point also was that he made a habit of these empty threats while president, because he's a damn liar. He wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bite him on his ass.

Not suggesting you did - However there was a fairly widespread angle that Trumps election would cause a market collapse.

You are correct in your other statements though.

My point was more that historically who was President or the state of the actual economy had real measurable impacts on the Stock Market - Back when the S&P 500 etc. was made up of Heavy Industry, Banks and Manufacturing.

Now though , it's mostly tech companies or tech adjacent companies and the relative health of the physical US economy has little to no bearing on the Markets ebbs and flows so electing a new Administration really doesn't seem to matter one way or the other anymore as regards to stock market level.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is that actually real? What a ****ing man child. His clapping seals should be ashamed of themselves.

My question is why? It was clear that Covid-19 response was major negative to his election campaign, and there is a lot to be said that without C19 he probably would have won reelection.

So why continue to pick at the sore? Biden is likely to the be the POTUS that gets America open again, and while Trump can claim that he played a role in it, just like with the economy under Trump, possession is 9/10th's so the person in situ tends to get the plaudits, thus only increasing the negative view of how Trump performed.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    My question is why? It was clear that Covid-19 response was major negative to his election campaign, and there is a lot to be said that without C19 he probably would have won reelection.

So why continue to pick at the sore? Biden is likely to the be the POTUS that gets America open again, and while Trump can claim that he played a role in it, just like with the economy under Trump, possession is 9/10th's so the person in situ tends to get the plaudits, thus only increasing the negative view of how Trump performed.

Because he can't help but double down.

He needs the praise.

He knows his mindless supporters will believe whatever he says.

It doesn't matter. He won't run again. This is also a money grab and he needs to be in the spotlight to remain "relevant".

The best thing the media can do is ignore him. He's already slipping away into obscurity.

It's amazing the amount of lies he manages to put into such a small incoherent piece of text.

Or as a poster here puts it "Truth based on the information I know".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

The utter hypocrite has asked for a mail in ballot for the Florida municipal elections

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

francois wrote: »
    The utter hypocrite has asked for a mail in ballot for the Florida municipal elections

Did he not have one for the presidential election as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's been voting by mail for years, far as I know. Obviously his concern about the validity of that voting system don't extend to his own voting.

You really don't have to scratch far below the surface to discover that Trump is in fact full of utter sh*t. This is yet another example of it.

• Advertisement

There's some steps in front of the voting center isn't there?

That or he couldn't install a Perspex screen to keep him away from the riff raff that fawn over him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement