Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

They killed the golden goose.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9374393/CNN-losing-viewers-Trump-left-office-nearly-50-24-54-age-group.html

It was inevitable really .
    CNN basically shot themselves in the foot .

Which is why they're trying to replace him with the likes of Tucker Carlson.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2021/03/16/tucker-carlson-new-trump-fox-news-stelter-pkg-hnk-vpx.cnn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1372742642551906306?s=19

I don't think I'll find a funnier story today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2021/03/16/tucker-carlson-new-trump-fox-news-stelter-pkg-hnk-vpx.cnn

They could try acting like a news network rather than the steaming poo pile operation that they currently have going on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They could try acting like a news network rather than the steaming poo pile operation that they currently have going on

Top debate and insight /s

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is this Fox you're talking about? I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What will the likes of John Oliver talking about now?

🙈🙉🙊

Is this Fox you're talking about? I agree.

No CNN. I was replying to a poster who commented on their dwindling viewer ratings.
    Gutter journalism. Actually I wouldn't even call it journalism. Biased opinion would be more appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No CNN. I was replying to a poster who commented on their dwindling viewer ratings.
    Gutter journalism. Actually I wouldn't even call it journalism. Biased opinion would be more appropriate

All media carries an inherent bias.
    Part of being a competent adult and politically interested and informed person is taking that information and separating the fact from the commentary.
    It's part and parcel of forming an opinion, making sure that one understands both the facts of the matter, and their own interpretive bias as well as the bias of those sharing that info in the 1st place.

What media do you consume that isn't biased?
    Where is this font of unbiased and solely factual news?

banie01 wrote: »
    All media carries an inherent bias.
    Part of being a competent adult and politically interested and informed person is taking that information and separating the fact from the commentary.
    It's part and parcel of forming an opinion, making sure that one understands both the facts of the matter, and their own interpretive bias as well as the bias of those sharing that info in the 1st place.

What media do you consume that isn't biased?
    Where is this font of unbiased and solely factual news?

The associated press, Reuters and a little financial times.

It's actually real news. You would have seen CNN reporting some "breaking news " with a big headline banner about Trump. Jump onto the above mentioned news organisation sites and the same story wouldn't exist or you get the real non hyped up version.

Garbage organisation a d their recent viewing ratings show this.

The associated press, Reuters and a little financial times.

It's actually real news. You would have seen CNN reporting some "breaking news " with a big headline banner about Trump. Jump onto the above mentioned news organisation sites and the same story wouldn't exist or you get the real non hyped up version.

Garbage organisation a d their recent viewing ratings show this.

Car chases and crashes are televised and gain viewership so it stands to reason that when the car crash that is the trump presidency is no longer providing content that the viewership would decline, not just because it fits your Cognative Bias

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Car chases and crashes are televised and gain viewership so it stands to reason that when the car crash that is the trump presidency is no longer providing content that the viewership would decline, not just because it fits your Cognative Bias

Maybe we just consume a different level of current affairs.

You might tune in to watch a car chase while I will look for news about the federal reserve for example.

You might tune in to watch a car chase while I will look for news about the federal reserve for example.

Wow there must have a car crash that went on for a good few months or something that somehow caused you to miss Biden's detailed Covid plan that was detailed on every news channel and that you believed didn't exist.

Wow there must have a car crash that went on for a good few months or something that somehow caused you to miss Biden's detailed Covid plan that was detailed on every news channel and that you believed didn't exist.

I dont watch car crashes on the news. You have misread my post.

Yes. And I've demonstrated that you don't actually watch the news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

while I will look for news about the federal reserve for example.

tenor-4.gif

I was speaking objectively, you should try it sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Really guys...is someone gonna try and defend this crap?

They both said "Left-wing"!!!! :D

What will the likes of John Oliver talking about now?

John Oliver tended to go in depth into loads of different topics even during the Trump administration. So if anything, he has freedom to go back to focusing more on other topics.

Needlessly rude.

Oh put away the pearls, address the points I made, and you'll be conversed with properly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To be fair, this also means you didn't watch the car crash of a presidency that existed before Joe Biden, so you can't really comment on much politics (unless your frame of reference is Obama and Bush?)

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    To be fair, this also means you didn't watch the car crash of a presidency that existed before Joe Biden, so you can't really comment on much politics (unless your frame of reference is Obama and Bush?)

The poster was referring to literal car chases on his chosen news platform.

I dont see how not watching literal car chases and possibly crashes covered by news networks has anything to do with my knowledge of the Trump presidency and the coverage it received.

Two different things.

I dont see how not watching literal car chases and possibly crashes covered by news networks has anything to do with my knowledge of the Trump presidency and the coverage it received.

Two different things.

Well you obviously weren't watch any news about American politics around the time of the 2020 election.

Two different things.

Again I was speaking objectively

I certainly don't personally watch them, the Trump administration lurched from 'car crash' to 'car crash' so the analogy is extremely fitting that once these car crashes ceased with the Biden administration it stood to reason that viewerships would decrease

Again I was speaking objectively

I certainly don't personally watch them, the Trump administration lurched from 'car crash' to 'car crash' so the analogy is extremely fitting that once these car crashes ceased with the Biden administration it stood to reason that viewerships would decrease

Yes an analogy. I understand that but seems to have been blurred along the way as you were posting about news networks covering literal car chases and the sometimes inevitable car crash.

The Trump presidency was the gold rush for CNN. Now that he is gone their figures have dwindled.

All of a sudden focusing on Tucker just proves how the network needs a "bad guy" to report around the clock on. Very poor organisation. They survive on divisive one sided reporting and basically gutter journalism.

They are no addition.

Il stick to Reuters, the associated press and a little of the financial times.

Well you obviously weren't watch any news about American politics around the time of the 2020 election.

Correct. I avoid CNN. All opinion, little fact

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How do you know?

Neither Reuters nor the associated press mentioned that Biden had a Covid plan prepared pre-election is what you're saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Do you watch any Fox News content?

How do you know?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Very poor rating. Very biased with below mixed story accuracy. Avoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Very poor rating. Very biased with below mixed story accuracy. Avoid

From the Wikipedia page on this website:

Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is a website founded in 2015 by editor Dave Van Zandt. The website has been described as an amateur effort to rate news media sources based on factual accuracy and political bias.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement