Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

If Trump runs Biden will win.

Trump is too frail, incoherent, racist, rapey and psychotic. It's not ageism, it's just reality.

The Republicans are in trouble. They need a different candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,662 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm not scared of a Trump win though you clearly are.

I don't want to see Trump win but if it's Biden running that's what I think is going to happen.

Unless, of course, some at the top of the DNC go to see Biden with the proverbial whiskey and revolver.

Despite all the evidence that Biden is going to struggle they refuse to entertain the notion of someone else.

I think they are going to regret it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They can't. It's too late and it'd cost them the MAGA loons. In any case, I think they only want to because the rapist is a liability, not because they disagree with or detest him in any way. If enough states actually enforce the fourteenth amendment, he won't be able to run which should always have been the case.

Funny how the lies about "states' rights" were lies all along.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Most of the national polls show either a dead heat or Trump ahead.

When you consider the amount of current corruption allegations, ongoing investigations, criminality and mind bending incompetence of the previous Trump administration that is an appalling indictment of the Democratic Party.

What does it tell you that this man can win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Thing is, they're not stunts. Plenty of constitutional experts have stated this should constitutionally prevent him from running again. Many in the GOP simply have laid the Constitution to the side at this stage. Fyi, the Utah challenge was brought by both Republicans and democrats btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There is a criteria which a Candidate running for president must fulfil.

Trump was very keen to allege Obama was not eligible to run because of that criteria.

Now the criteria doesn't suit him, he and his supporters are screaming persecution.

Typical hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That the Democrats actually care about the rule of law and Republicans don't. That Democrats don't think that a President or Presidential candidate is immune from the law. That Democrats allowed the DOJ to undertake investigations of criminality and have brought those through the correct legal and judicial proceedings as opposed to Trump who in the past few days posted a word association cloud from his supporters which had words like "Dictatorship", "Power" and "Revenge" slap bang in the middle.

"Biden is old" does not balance that out, especially given that Trump is old too. Biden can win for the same reasons he won in 2020.

He's not Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If Trump actually cared about the wellbeing of the country he'd step aside and throw his support behind Haley. We all know it's all about The Donald though so that's never going to happen.

A lot of voters are fed up with the Democrats and might have a thing or two to say about some of that. They were fed up in 2016 and sent the warning then after the Democrats decided a coronation was in order.

The voters didn't want a coronation - instead they gave them a bloody nose.

Some of them may have gone back in 2020 but I wonder have they seen positive changes since then.

The rule of law point is hilarious. You can't be serious?

Also on that point look at all those cities they've destroyed by overseeing lawlessness. Just something to ponder.

Trump appears to be at parity or winning at the moment according to the polls. Voters think first and foremost about their immediate communities where Democrats routinely fail them.

That's one of the reasons why I think Trump will probably win but I think Biden pushes him over the line for me.

Like it or or not Biden is tired and frail. Trump has his cognitive issues but he is undeniably more energetic and aggressive than Biden. Even just thinking of the debates makes me shudder for Biden.

He is not the right man to beat Trump this time. Anyone who thinks he is is suffering the same delusions as the Democrats in 2016 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,437 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its funny that you think Trump would show up for any debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

There is no principle above Trump in the minds of those who support him fully. If it favours him, it is good. If it does not favour him, it is bad.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,497 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seeing "aggressive" as being a positive trait in a politician says enough about people's understanding of politics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Surely MAGA are going to make moves to get Biden removed from the ballet in one of their red states because revenge

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Like their exploratory impeachment to nowhere? Any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How can you not be scared of a Trump win? The very essence of American democracy is at stake.

Trump has already said he will be a dictator. He only speaks about revenge and getting rid of his opponents. He will not accept any result other than he wins. He said it in 2016 and 2020 but in 2020 he proved to what lengths he will actually go to try to overturn the election.

And he is still lying about it.

American is at a cross roads. Either opt for democracy, with it flaws, or throw away democracy and the rule of law by voting for Trump.

Be in no doubt. If Trump were to win, he would see that, rightfully, as an endorsement of his call for dictatorship and allowing certain people to be above the law. American democracy will be finished

They will certainly want to do that, but Trump would be removed from ballots because of law. In what way could the same thing be done to Biden? If there was even a tenuous case to make, you'd think Trump would have been shouting about it from the rooftops, yet he's remarkably silent.

Cases may be brought forward, but they will only serve to muddy the waters, very similar to the 'election fraud' fabrication. Bringing legal cases forward helps promote an air of legitimacy, even though they could be picked apart by any law graduate and thrown out of every level of court with prejudice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Perhaps but their own attempts to indict Biden have so far been a waste of time and resources, with nothing to show for it; so I doubt a pursuit of removing him from ballot cards will be any more successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

As always with MAGA, it's the sizzle not the steak. Of course some of the usual suspect GQP s*holes like Florida and Texas had guys with microphones who were elected say something, but they're just lip-flapping for clicks:

Whether they succeed is irrelevant; it's Trump's GQP - they only lose.

If Trump wins it will be the failure of the Democratic party not the success of Republicans.

It's in the hands of the Democrats.

No, I'm not scared of a Trump presidency. If he's elected one way or another that is the will of the voters. There are many checks and balances. It's not as simple as him saying he's going to be a dictator on day one. You give him too much credit.

We'll have to deal with it if it happens but in that instance put the blame where it belongs - at the feet of the Democrats.

I'd love someone to explain why they think Biden is the right candidate. All I see is "he's not the best...". Change it then? Still time.

I had worried that red states may possibly opt to suspend elections altogether and opt for a state legislature vote on who to send its electors to vote for, but looking into it a little bit more, does something like the Moore vs. Harper case set a legal precedent against this?

The elections clause of the US constitution would seem to be clear that it's a state's right (pending congressional alteration) to chose how it conducts its elections, but there's obviously more to it if and when there is a suspicion of flagrant political bias,

Section 4 Congress

Clause 1 Elections Clause

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Would all Trump's current supporters be able to vote for a woman with Indian immigrant Sikh parents? I think it might be too much for some of them but there has to be a huge element of "It can't be a discriminatory policy if it comes from one of those people" if she has gotten this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh I can tell you what he has over Melania. He'll she has ever said it herself and it's Baron her son

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,525 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, it'll be the GOP's. Whoever takes a course of action is responsible for it, Trumpster tropes notwithstanding.

Biden's been a good president. Even if he wasn't and instead he spent all of his time playing Fortnite, he'd be a better candidate than an actual fascist. That this needs explaining is just depressing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

We are so far from the election though, so you are hedging your bets on a completely unknown election campaign.

Even at that, Trump hasn't really made any campaign promises or any kind of manifesto other than STILL claiming the election was stolen...look how that worked out at the midterms last year.

And the worst thing about Trump, apart from the fact that he would see America burned to the ground before contemplating spending a night in a federal prison, is that he gives his voters the sense that they've thumbed their nose at the establishment without giving them any positive material improvement to their lives whatsoever. Much like Brexit in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The Democrats fault? He is primaried by the GOP, backed by the Congress and senate GOP members and voted fir by the GOP voters.

Using your 'logic' then Biden is actually the fault of the GOP and all your complaints about the DNC should be levelled at Trump and the GOP.

If Trump wins, then the fault lies with all those that supported him, including yourself. Putting your own narrow wants ahead of the very fundamental foundations of the US itself.

While there could be some understanding of people willing to support him in 2016 there is nothing now. The very fact that the only thing you can attack Biden on is his age, whilst at the same time ignoring and excusing Trumps clear cognitive decline and not only that his lies, corruption, rape, stealing top secret documents, attempting to strong arm state leaders to manipulate the vote, but his stated desire to be a dictator and that he, be being POTUS or even running for POTUS is above the law.

That knowing all that you still prepared to support him. That decision is all on you, and everyone else that supports him.

Biden is far from the ideal candidate. But then Obama was ideal and GOP gated him. But Bidens ability is largely irrelevant gven the other option is likely to be Trump. There is mo choice. It might not be what you want, but given the choice between Trump and Biden, if at any point you even consider Trump to be a viable choice then you need to consider what it is you are voting for.

Agree almost completely. No chance Trump's going to end up in a real prison though in a country that crooked. House arrest is much more likely.

Well, yes.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, you're going to make a donation to the Biden campaign?

What a load of gutless nonsense. If Trump wins, it'll be the success of the Republicans. To think otherwise, is stupid and pathetic fake-victim blaming.

• Advertisement

I don't support Trump but I can see him winning.

I'll ask you the same question as I asked the other one - who do you blame for 2016?

Hillary - "I'm with her" - remember all that stuff?

Remember the sheer arrogance of the Democratic party?

The voters gave their opinion of the Democrats then and I have the impression that could happen again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement