Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Selfishness is usually the starting point

It helps if you're not an idiot after that which DT isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 18,437 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Trump is able to give direct answers to simple questions

This lad is on fire today, some of the stuff he is coming out with is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What about Biden egging on Antifa and the mostly peaceful protests that set cities on fire and caused 2 billion dollars worth of damage. The Democrats stoked the flames for BLM and bailed people out of jail who went on to commit murder and other heinous crimes.

Alot more damage and deaths than those marching in Charlottesville.

On top of that pretty much destroying the US reputation on the national stage.

Biden is doing a pretty good job of destroying the US reputation on the national stage himself.

A complete debacle of a withdrawal in Afghanistan, doing his best to start WW3 with Russia over Ukraine, and aiding and abetting mass genocide in Israel, the man has got his hands covered in blood.

Trumps bark is alot worse than his bite, unlike Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Trump recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. As anti Palestinian a gesture as you could get. He definitely wouldn’t have any interest in sparing the Palestinians .

Trump assasinated solemani the Iranian general a move which set Iran back years and increased the totalitarian nature of that regime.

Trump banned travel from Muslim countries.

Trump called half the world shithole countries.

Trump advocated swallowing bleach to combat Covid .

Trump pursued diplomacy with Kim jong un, possibly the biggest diplomatic waste of time in the history of diplomacy.

I could go on to infinity

EDIT: just to add Trump has less than zero interest in this country of ours here either and referred to his doonbeg property as “ small potatoes that he lets his kids play around with” so there is less than zero benefit to Irish interests from a Trump presidency. But of course Irish Trumpists just hand wave that inconvenient fact away.

Trump has a pretty decent sense of humour and hasnt been afraid to laugh at his own expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,407 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So nothing except whataboutery and discredited canards.

The canard about Afghanistan has been discredited about a dozen times already on this thread. Trump screwed it up when he was in charge and left Biden in a no win situation of either abandoning the withdrawal or dealing with the mess Trump left behind. Of course you conveniently suffer amnesia every time this is pointed out to you. The responsibility for Afghanistan is on Trump's watch too.

Your posts in defence of Trump are impervious to facts, reason and evidence. Just rinse and repeat.

And yeah, there'd be no war in Ukraine if Trump was there, just a massacre, as Trump would have sold Ukraine down the river to Putin already. That wouldn't count as blood on his hands though of course, according to your line of argument.

We all know if Trump was in the White House, you'd be cheering him on for the exact same things you accuse Biden of.

Trump did a pretty good job of destroying the US reputation abroad and if returned to power, will attempt to destroy its democracy.

There is no Trump lie you won't repeat here without subjecting it to scrutiny.

Oh and Trump is a rapist, corrupt, and a fraud too - not merely my opinion but that of US courts. Of course, you run way from anyone who raises these points to you and just flat out ignore them. Proof positive you know you can't defend them. Proof positive you know you cannot stand over your argument. So yeah when someone does that in a a discussion they have lost the argument.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This is just another example of his desire to be the centre of attention. Nothing new in that clip to discredit the earlier post about his self centred sense of humour.

The clip with Ali G from about 20 years ago demonstrates fully his defensive sense of humour and the way he clammed up when he realized that Ali G was **** around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Trump's non interventionism was the correct course of action but the MIC and the Deep State are doing everything to prevent him getting in again. Trump was so unpredictable that Putin would never have invaded Ukraine as there was every likelihood of Trump Nuking Moscow two hours later. Biden will go down in history as the worst president that country ever had and Trump will secure victory handily. His track record on the economy and law and order alone is enough. The Average American don't care if the world burns so long as gas and groceries are cheap which they are not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Here he is yucking it up at jokes about him which were not his own idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He did SNL because he was running for President. He had no desire to show how affable he is or how he's willing to laugh at himself, as evident by the following 4 years of b*tching about SNL on Twitter any time they did a sketch about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

News to you clearly, Biden has condemned violent acts at any protest. You can bitch all you want about BLM protests but the reality is they were protesting very real issues. Rather than upset neo Nazis or his supporters trying to overturn a legal result of an election.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2712YI/

In relation to Russia, not Biden's fault however you spin it and Trump would probably want to hand a country to them which is more likely to act as a setup for a world war. The US reputation is far better than it was under Trump.

You support Trump, why lie? Is it because of all his crimes? Do you even accept that he's a rapist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

We're in a thread about Trump, his actions as president are pretty important to discuss. The fact he's a rapist is also pretty relevant to the kind of character that some people feel absolutely fine with being president.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,660 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't support Trump, I have already said that I don't want him running for President next year as he has clearly lost the plot.

I'd also prefer if Biden didnt run but unfortunately its looking like a battle of the Geriatrics and we are going to be subjected to a 10 month circus.

Trump did this, Trump said this, Biden did this, Biden said blah blah on the news every bloody night, no thanks.

Frankly I'd much prefer if there were 2 younger more capable candidates running.

If you gave me Richard Nixon as president right now I’d take the hand off you. He is almost like an innocent altar boy in comparison to modern republicans. Actually a very underrated president. I’d rate him higher than JFK. Hard to believe those presidents exist in the same timeline as Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

"I don't support tump but every time I post here it's in defence of him"

If it walks like a duck...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I just like reading this one part of the US constitution for some particular reason

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If this thread turns into a bunch of people shouting about bookies odds again I hope they all get banned. I can feel it happening as the court cases close in on Trump and the Trumpettes get upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

When aren't the trumpets upset, even if he managed to get elected again something else will be the cause of their life being shít and will need to be complained about.

Same as brexiteers, still complaining about the E.U. and the even bigger fúckwits here pushing for the same. At least it is plainly obvious that they aren't in full possession of their faculties in relation to the latter.

• Advertisement

Very real possibility that this doesn't apply to the President of the United States because he's not an officer, which would beg the question - what IS the President? A bloke who hangs about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Yeah it's very open ended. the USSC could rule either way and would appear correct. The wording is weird, so a previous sitting Senator, if he committed insurrection cannot be re-elected (as they previously swore an oath), but a newly elected Senator, who committed insurrection can be. Or maybe as soon as he swears the oath, then he becomes illegible?

If it is ruled that POTUS is somehow not an officer, then no president can be done for insurrection under this clause, if acting as POTUS at the time, with the argument being that "having previously taken an oath" refers to taking up their most recent position, not at any point in their political career.

Certainly would advance the case of "Unitary Executive Theory", AKA Prez can do what they bloody well like.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your "I dont support Trump but" shtick is very tiresome. Either that or you deliberately have not paid attention to ANYTHING.

Kermit may be technically correct that Trump was not convicted of rape, although he was found civilly liable of being so (by a jury, I remember?), so that would mean, I think, that Trump can be called such without it being slanderous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭amandstu

Don't think he has sued anyone yet.

Maybe there could be a class statement that he is a rapist .

I wonder how many millions of signatures could be amassed and whether that would prompt a counter gathering of signatures to say that

"he is not really a proper rapist but only stuck his finger up the vagina of his victim."

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Ah yes, a bit of groping is alright, if I only stick my fingers in there it's not rape. What a disgusting attitude to have.

I hope to **** you're not in charge of any minors if that's your attitude.

And I know this will never be good enough for the likes of you, but it's good enough for me.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its so strange. Since they don't try to hide their adoration of him why do they suddenly try and row back on supporting him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Now Colorado and Maine have blocked Trump from the primary ballot, while Michigan does not, all based upon their interpretation of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution. There are several other states in the decision process. Ultimately the US Supreme Court will decide. With the politically stacked composition bias of the court, best guess is that they will allow Trump to run in all states, districts, and territories, which contradicts the GOP’s historic position on Federalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It doesn't just contradict their federalist views it contradicts the originalist and literal interpretations of the constitution the current SC bench have relied on for overturning things like roe v wade. If they choose to allow Trump to run they are disagreeing with their own reasoning for multiple prior decisions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement