Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe so.
    You don't need to tell me that you will watch the upcoming Trump network. I know you will.
    Would you pay to watch though? A subscription based model

you couldn't pay me to watch anything he is connected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But anyway back to Trump. Not much information about his new upcoming platform , it might be part of a whole media package . TV channel, social media etc.
    I can see Don Jr having his own TV show or discussion segment maybe. Could be some input from Ivanka too. Eric probably not so much

Or it could just be a load of bs, where Trump supporters will be forced to pay for Trump messages and it fails to actually do anything.

Like almost everything Trump announces.

Why are you still taking anything that comes out of Trump as true?

Not only that, but you actually spent the time and energy to actually fantasise about what it might actually mean, rather than wait for him to actually announce something more than a vague idea on a vague timeline.

Humanitarian disaster at the border.

Trolled by Russia.

Told to shut up by China.

Taking credit for an already in place Covid plan.

Trump or someone like him will be a shoe in for the next election.

Even though a lot of this is incorrect, it wouldn't even make sense if it was correct. The "humanitarian disaster at the border" was much worse while Trump was in charge, so why would Trump be a shoe in for that let alone the other things?

Even though a lot of this is incorrect, it wouldn't even make sense if it was correct. The "humanitarian disaster at the border" was much worse while Trump was in charge, so why would Trump be a shoe in for that let alone the other things?

you are assuming that people that would vote for trump care about a humanitarian crisis at the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Or it could just be a load of bs, where Trump supporters will be forced to pay for Trump messages and it fails to actually do anything.

Like almost everything Trump announces.

Why are you still taking anything that comes out of Trump as true?

Not only that, but you actually spent the time and energy to actually fantasise about what it might actually mean, rather than wait for him to actually announce something more than a vague idea on a vague timeline.

Well it could be. You will have to tune in to find out I suppose.

70 million votes in the election will mean there will be no shortage of subscribers to Trump tv. And that's just in America. Globally there could be easily over 100 million interested in watching. This has the potential to be huge. What starts out in America could see sister networks and partnerships for similar content expand to many different countries.

A real shake up and the Trump organisation profiting all the way.

Trump donated his salary to charity every quarter. I don't think that is the case with the new administration.

• Advertisement

70 million votes in the election will mean there will be no shortage of subscribers to Trump tv. And that's just in America. Globally there could be easily over 100 million interested in watching. This has the potential to be huge. What starts out in America could see sister networks and partnerships for similar content expand to many different countries.

The overwhelming majority of those 70 million people voted for Trump purely because he was the Republican candidate. How many of those voters actually give a **** about Trump when he's not trying to intimidate his way into office is yet to be seen.

Trump was legally obliged to take a salary during his presidency so he took the grand total of 1 dollar per year. The rest he donated. The list:

Q1 National Parks Service

Q2 Department of Education

Q3 Health and Human Services

Q4 Department of Transportation

Q1 Department of Veterans Affairs

Q2 Small Business Administration

Q3 National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism

Q4 Department of Homeland Security

Q1 Department of Agriculture

Q2 U.S. Surgeon General’s Office

Q3 Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health

Q4 Department of Health and Human Services

Trump was legally obliged to take a salary during his presidency so he took the grand total of 1 dollar per year. The rest he donated. The list:

how much did he gouge from the Secret Service for accommodation and food at Mar a lago?

how much did he gouge from the Secret Service for accommodation and food at Mar a lago?

Not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Room1o1

The overwhelming majority of those 70 million people voted for Trump purely because he was the Republican candidate. How many of those voters actually give a **** about Trump when he's not trying to intimidate his way into office is yet to be seen.

Same can be said about the democrats just the way it goes. Look at our system I know loads who vote based on the parties rather the the politician there actually voting for. Trump just used the republican party as a platform for himself to get elected he couldn't care if it implodes after him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have you got the list of the personal business interests that profited from his presidency?

"Don’t be fooled — Trump’s “donation” of his salary is a sham."
    Trump broke decades of precedent by refusing to divest from his business interests when he took office. As a result, he still owns and profits from the Trump Organization. And his most recent financial disclosure indicates that his $400,000 salary is peanuts compared to the money he has flowing in.

According to that disclosure, the hotel Trump owns just blocks from the White House brought in nearly $41 million in revenue in 2018, a $400,000 increase from the year before. And beyond income from Trump’s numerous properties, the Trump Organization made more than $20 million in real estate sale revenues in 2018.

Trump has also benefited from reimbursements from Secret Service expenditures at the properties he owns and profits from — properties that he, and therefore the members of the Secret Service who protect him, regularly visit. Last month, the Washington Post reported on records showing nearly $500,000 in such payments — and it’s likely there have been more expenditures where those came from, as the Secret Service has stonewalled efforts from Democratic members of Congress to get a full accounting.

Walter Shaub, senior adviser for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) and the former director of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), told Vox on Wednesday that Trump’s salary “is a drop in the bucket compared to what he brings in by monetizing the presidency or compared to what he costs taxpayers with his frequent trips to promote his own properties. It’s also offset by what Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the privilege of protecting him.”

Alluding to the standard presidential practice of placing assets in a blind trust when taking office, Shaub noted that it would be interesting to compare Trump’s $400,000 annual donations “to what he would have paid an independent trustee to manage his holdings for him and create a true firewall or what he feared he would lose if he had to sell his assets in a hurry.”

“This isn’t altruism,” Shaub added. “This is an investment in public relations as he profits off his high office.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21164477/trump-donates-salary-hhs-coronavirus

Room1o1 wrote: »
    Same can be said about the democrats just the way it goes. Look at our system I know loads who vote based on the parties rather the the politician there actually voting for. Trump just used the republican party as a platform for himself to get elected he couldn't care if it implodes after him.

yeah but nobody has claimed that the 85M that voted for Biden did so out of personal loyalty for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Not that much.

Was it more or less than his donated salary?

Hint: it was many multiples.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Was it more or less than his donated salary?

Hint: it was many multiples.

no, that isn't right. it wasn't many multiples. It was many, many multiples.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump donated his salary to charity every quarter. I don't think that is the case with the new administration.

Or, you could apply even a modicum of critical thinking and wait to see what actually he achieves rather than pronouncing it an amazing achievement before it even starts to take shape.

You have already deemed it a success, despite all evidence suggesting that it will be nothing more than a cash generation exercise aimed at the gullible

What details do you have? When it is happening?
    Who else is involved? How will it be funded?
    Will it be an open platform or merely a new press arm of the Trump organisation?
    What to do expect it to achieve?
    Who is going to moderate it? What security will it have?

None of that, you just heard a story and parrot it as a something great. You don't know anything about it, but it is Trump so therefore great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Room1o1

yeah but nobody has claimed that the 85M that voted for Biden did so out of personal loyalty for him.

Sorry I might have jumped in to reply to your comment without read the whole tread, I'll try watch myself doing that in future. My bad

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Or, you could apply even a modicum of critical thinking and wait to see what actually he achieves rather than pronouncing it an amazing achievement before it even starts to take shape.

You have already deemed it a success, despite all evidence suggesting that it will be nothing more than a cash generation exercise aimed at the gullible

What details do you have? When it is happening?
    Who else is involved? How will it be funded?
    Will it be an open platform or merely a new press arm of the Trump organisation?
    What to do expect it to achieve?
    Who is going to moderate it? What security will it have?

None of that, you just heard a story and parrot it as a something great. You don't know anything about it, but it is Trump so therefore great.

Do you not think it will be a successful venture considering the capital and support that Trump has behind him?

I know you dont like him for your own reasons which is fair enough but would it be totally untrue to say that you might take an interest in it to see what he has to say?

I think the interest is out there for Trump media or tv etc to be popular

Do you not think it will be a successful venture considering the capital and support that Trump has behind him?

I know you dont like him for your own reasons which is fair enough but would it be totally untrue to say that you might take an interest in it to see what he has to say?

I think the interest is out there for Trump media or tv etc to be popular

Like **** we do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We know what he would say..."the election was rigged etc bla bla bla". Nobody with any sense has any interest in listening to any more of that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Like **** we do.

Says the guy in the "What does the future hold for Donald Trump?" thread...

Says the guy in the "What does the future hold for Donald Trump?" thread...

I don't give a **** what he has to say, I do give a **** whether he faces consequences for his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I don't give a **** what he has to say, I do give a **** whether he faces consequences for his actions.

What actions?

Like **** we do.

I find that hard to believe.
    The post counts regarding Trump alone on this site alone show the level of interest in the man.

Media organisations churned out article after article about the Donald and have been doing so for years. Long before his presidency. He became president in his first foray into politics. The new guy is hanging around Washington for years and only won due to a once in a lifetime pandemic.

He talks and people want to know what he said. Like him or loathe him the man is box office. They will be tuning in from Idaho to Islamabad and back again

I find that hard to believe.
    The post counts regarding Trump alone on this site alone show the level of interest in the man.

Media organisations churned out article after article about the Donald and have been doing so for years. Long before his presidency. He became president in his first foray into politics. The new guy is hanging around Washington for years and only won due to a once in a lifetime pandemic.

He talks and people want to know what he said. Like him or loathe him the man is box office. They will be tuning in from Idaho to Islamabad and back again

Post counts in this thread do not indicate that people want to know what he said, post counts indicate that people want justice to be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Post counts in this thread do not indicate that people want to know what he said, post counts indicate that people want justice to be served.

What justice to be served?

What actions?

People have pointed out to you that your last post was nonsense. How about instead of asking questions you know the answer to, you try defending one of your posts for once?

Nobody is buying that. Not even a little bit.

• Advertisement

What justice to be served?

My eyes can only go so far to the back of my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement