Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

Nobody is buying that. Not even a little bit.

Well then, you are outright saying that the people who have replied to saying otherwise are liars. And your evidence is what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Well then, you are outright saying that the people who have replied to saying otherwise are liars. And your evidence is what?

Years of posting and Trump related threads. From 2016 elections right up to today. Interest in Trump and all things Donald is there.

Or do we pretend that people only started posting about Trump recently?

Come on man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Going by this thread, it's incredible how popular ex-president DT is. Be it popular to hate or popular to love. As they say, bad attention is better than no attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

People have pointed out to you that your last post was nonsense. How about instead of asking questions you know the answer to, you try defending one of your posts for once?

People have posted silly gifs for thanks, nobody has pointed out that my last post was nonsense.

Years of posting and Trump related threads. From 2016 elections right up to today. Interest in Trump and all things Donald is there.

And how does any of that suggest that people want to hear what he has to say?

If Hillary Clinton started a TV channel I wouldn't give a **** about that either even though I enjoyed her speeches and her opinions and there was many threads about her. So why the **** would I care about what Donald Trump has to say of all people? When I know he's just
    going to tell us how great he is
    ?

• Advertisement

People have posted silly gifs for thanks, nobody has pointed out that my last post was nonsense.

So you missed my reply to it then? Would you like try looking again and then replying to my response? Good lad.

Even though a lot of this is incorrect, it wouldn't even make sense if it was correct. The "humanitarian disaster at the border" was much worse while Trump was in charge, so why would Trump be a shoe in for that let alone the other things?

This reply?

This reply?

No my other one.

Yes of course that one! :confused:

And how does any of that suggest that people want to hear what he has to say?

If Hillary Clinton started a TV channel I wouldn't give a **** about that either even though I enjoyed her speeches and her opinions and there was many threads about her. So why the **** would I care about what Donald Trump has to say of all people? When I know he's just
    going to tell us how great he is
    ?

I think that's called deflection.

Il say it again. Trump is box office. Like him or loathe him they all tune in to hear what he has to say. They post it online , the print it in the media, they talk about it in work and at home.

Box office

No my other one.

Yes of course that one! :confused:

That's just your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Do you not think it will be a successful venture considering the capital and support that Trump has behind him?

I know you dont like him for your own reasons which is fair enough but would it be totally untrue to say that you might take an interest in it to see what he has to say?

I think the interest is out there for Trump media or tv etc to be popular

So you can't answer any of the questions and then resort to the tired "well you hate him is all" rubbish.

The point isn't whether it could be popular. The point is you no know nothing about it apart from the vague statement put out by his advisor and you have bought into it 100% without any question or critical thinking.

Its Trump, it must be destined for greatness. Despite almost everything he does being a disaster and always many rungs below what he initially promises.

I think that's called deflection.

Il say it again. Trump is box office. Like him or loathe him they all tune in to hear what he has to say. They post it online , the print it in the media, they talk about it in work and at home.

Box office

How is that deflection? You responded to people who you know are pro-Biden suggesting that they weren't being honest when they said they would not watch his channel. I've explained why that's not the case.

That's just your opinion.

I literally posted a link to a study. With data. Are you the same guy who didn't understand math and data before? I feel like you must be.

I literally posted a link to a study. With data. Are you the same guy who didn't understand math and data before? I feel like you must be.

I see no link to a study with data?

You are the same guy aren't you? Exactly the same thing happened before. I have to hold your hand and point out everything. Point out you never replied to anyone. Point to my own post. Point out it's not an opinion. And now I have to point to something specific in my own post. There is absolutely no way you are not a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you didnt look very hard. this link is in their post

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/03/15/migrant-apprehensions-at-u-s-mexico-border-are-surging-again/

Look what the Dems where doing then.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This turned out to be staged old rope too. Duping the easily duped

So you asked for us to point to the article just so you could ignore it? And you instead replied by posting some random image with no context?

Aaaaaand... in one ear and out the other.

Edit: And the post is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I find that hard to believe.
    The post counts regarding Trump alone on this site alone show the level of interest in the man.

Media organisations churned out article after article about the Donald and have been doing so for years. Long before his presidency. He became president in his first foray into politics. The new guy is hanging around Washington for years and only won due to a once in a lifetime pandemic.

He talks and people want to know what he said. Like him or loathe him the man is box office. They will be tuning in from Idaho to Islamabad and back again

This is factually incorrect Trump tried to run as president back in 2000 so he did not as you state become president in his first foray into politics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_career_of_Donald_Trump

America looks weak again.

Putin and Xi Jinping dont respect the new administration.

The new president wont take questions from the press and even the press secretary swats away anything uncomfortable.

America needs a strong leader like Trump more than ever

Tippex wrote: »
    This is factually incorrect Trump tried to run as president back in 2000 so he did not as you state become president in his first foray into politics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_career_of_Donald_Trump

"Although he never expanded the campaign beyond the exploratory phase"

A quote from the article.

America looks weak again.

Putin and Xi Jinping dont respect the new administration.

The new president wont take questions from the press and even the press secretary swats away anything uncomfortable.

And yet most Americans believe you are wrong and that America looks much stronger under Biden than Trump.

2bcsBow.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

What is he doing with himself now, does anyone know?

This turned out to be staged old rope too. Duping the easily duped

They replaced the new guy, with the old guy who actually built the cages.

And yet most Americans believe you are wrong and that American looks much stronger under Biden than Trump.

PP_2021.02.24_foreign-policy_00-02.png

America needs to look strong to its rivals. Putin and Xi Jinping dont agree.

America needs to look strong to its rivals. Putin and Xi Jinping dont agree.

Are you honestly saying that America looks weaker to Putin under Biden than Trump? Biden who called him out for what Putin is compared to Trump who would likely kiss Putin's feet if they were presented to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Such a "strong leader" that he was a laughing stock to politicians and diplomats worldwide. You're beyond deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

"Although he never expanded the campaign beyond the exploratory phase"

A quote from the article.

The paragraph for 2000

“In 1999, Trump filed an exploratory committee to seek the nomination of the Reform Party for the 2000 presidential election.[6][7] A July 1999 poll matching him against likely Republican nominee George W. Bush and likely Democratic nominee Al Gore showed Trump with seven percent support.[8] Trump eventually dropped out of the race, but still went on to win the Reform Party primaries in California and Michigan.[7][9] After his run, he left the party due to the involvement of David Duke, Pat Buchanan, and Lenora Fulani.[6] He also considered running for president in 2004.[10] In 2008, he endorsed Republican John McCain for president.[11]”

Stop reading and choosing parts for your narrative,
    The same page which you didn’t link to stated
    “ Although he never expanded the campaign beyond the exploratory phase, Trump made numerous media appearances as a candidate, travelled to campaign events in Florida, California, and Minnesota, and qualified for two presidential primaries. Veteran campaign strategist and longtime Trump aide Roger Stone was hired as director of the exploratory committee.

Internal conflict caused Ventura to exit the Reform Party in February 2000, removing Trump's most vocal proponent. Trump officially ended his campaign on the February 14, 2000 airing of The Today Show on NBC. Although he believed he could still win the Reform Party presidential nomination, he felt the party was too dysfunctional to support his campaign and enable a win in the general election. A poll matching Trump against likely Republican nominee George W. Bush and likely Democratic nominee Al Gore showed Trump with seven percent support. Despite his withdrawal, Trump won both primaries for which he qualified. Paleoconservative commentator Pat Buchanan would go on to win the nomination of the Reform Party.”

So it apparently never went past exploratory phase but he made appearances as a candidate and also won primaries. How could he win primaries if it never got past the exploratory phase?

So clearly 2016 was not his first foray into politics as you stated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement