Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card arrears

Options
  • 19-01-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi.
    We have 2 young kids, my wife is working, but we are struggling to make ends meet. I am 550 euro in arrears and my credit card is maxed out out. My interest per month is 60 euro, plus the fee is about 25. Thus if I pay back 85 a month I'm just basically paying the monthly interest.
    I am looking to see can I put a stop on my interest and to set up a plan to pay off my credit card. I lost my job at the start of the pandemic and haven't worked since but am on a social welfare payment of 200 a week.
    I rang boi yesterday but the guy said, just get a loan. I mean, wtf!
    Can you point me in the right direction.
    R.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi.
    We have 2 young kids, my wife is working, but we are struggling to make ends meet. I am 550 euro in arrears and my credit card is maxed out out. My interest per month is 60 euro, plus the fee is about 25. Thus if I pay back 85 a month I'm just basically paying the monthly interest.
    I am looking to see can I put a stop on my interest and to set up a plan to pay off my credit card. I lost my job at the start of the pandemic and haven't worked since but am on a social welfare payment of 200 a week.
    I rang boi yesterday but the guy said, just get a loan. I mean, wtf!
    Can you point me in the right direction.
    R.
    Hi rebelprince,

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear of your current situation. We have information on our website for help with arrears here and our dedicated arrears support team can be contacted on 0818200334 9-5 Monday to Friday.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement