Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

normakelle wrote: »

Ah QAnon followers/believers some of the true mentally challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

https://www.cnn.om/2021/04/03/politics/what-matters-april-2/index.html

Ya biden is a real winner concerning the chaos at the border. I don't see Jill biden bringing them cookies like she did with the national guard. Obviously not such a good photo op. Big ass men love cookies, little kids not so much

Have you parked the 'everyone knows fraud' for the time being? Or the Georgia voting law, or media bias?

So whats the new outrage? Something about cookies and Jill Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jill ain't baking cookies for everyone :pac:

The horror :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.cnn.om/2021/04/03/politics/what-matters-april-2/index.html

Ya biden is a real winner concerning the chaos at the border. I don't see Jill biden bringing them cookies like she did with the national guard. Obviously not such a good photo op. Big ass men love cookies, little kids not so much
    Is it clear if even some of the children are accompanied by their parents or separated?
    As of Wednesday, there were 4,966 children in Customs and Border Protection custody and 13,204 children in Health and Human Services custody, data released by the government shows.

The Biden administration could need at least 34,100 additional beds to keep up with the projected number of unaccompanied kids arriving at the border through September, according to internal government estimates obtained by CNN.

So what's driving these record numbers? And was the Biden administration prepared? What will it take to improve the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-democratic-sheriff-slams-biden-immigration-policy-cost-placing-migrants-county-1580880
    Val Verde County, Texas, Sheriff Joe Frank Martinez said Friday that "criminal aliens" are flooding across the U.S. southern border from Central and South American countries, diminishing the ability of his deputies to help anyone other than Border Patrol.

Speaking with Fox Business Network, the Democratic sheriff warned that immigrants who entered the country illegally are being released back into "law abiding communities," no matter what local law enforcement is doing to increase border apprehensions.

Martinez said three-quarters of his deputies are too busy helping U.S. Border Patrol officers that they are unable to assist the citizens of Val Verde County in Texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

normakelle wrote:
    Do you realise you are not coming across as very smart?
    Like if you believe all the stuff you are posting then I pity you.
    I think you do believe it rather than it's just an agenda you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Do you realise you are not coming across as very smart?
    Like if you believe all the stuff you are posting then I pity you.
    I think you do believe it rather than it's just an agenda you have.

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen and biden is an absolute nightmare. Between his identity policy and race baiting, chaos at the border, his warmongering. His cheat sheet. Avoiding press conferences and then making a mess of it. Poor soul getting knocked down by a gust of wind.

Racism is the buzz word of the year anything the radical left don't agree with is termed racist whether it makes sense or not.

I thought his agenda was to unite the country 🀔 Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

Also in Oakland ca any poc that earns less than 59,000 can apply for a grant of 500 a month to spend on whatever they want for 18 months and as we all know poor white people don't exist. And of course that's not racist.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. So I will leave it there and time will tell how things work out but to date I am far from impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen and biden is an absolute nightmare. Between his identity policy and race baiting, chaos at the border, his warmongering. His cheat sheet. Avoiding press conferences and then making a mess of it. Poor soul getting knocked down by a gust of wind.

Racism is the buzz word of the year anything the radical left don't agree with is termed racist whether it makes sense or not.

I thought his agenda was to unite the country �� Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

Also in Oakland ca any poc that earns less than 59,000 can apply for a grant of 500 a month to spend on whatever they want for 18 months and as we all know poor white people don't exist. And of course that's not racist.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. So I will leave it there and time will tell how things work out but to date I am far from impressed

Where is the actual evidence it was stolen?
    60 plus court cases say otherwise.
    Including the Supreme Court of the USA.

He won because trump was so dreadful.

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen

And there's your problem - belief rather than verifiable facts. Not one of the links you dumped contains any real evidence to support your claim. You can believe anything you like but the fact is that Biden won the election and you need to accept reality sooner or later.

• Advertisement

I thought his agenda was to unite the country �� Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

So Biden fixed the election but even the right leaning supreme court didn't even believe it. :pac:

I'll refrain from quoting the poster but I think Joe has more annoyed certain types of people. Was there this amount of strange accounts cropping up pre November? :pac:

I'll refrain from quoting the poster but I think Joe has more annoyed certain types of people. Was there this amount of strange accounts cropping up pre November? :pac:

So far today, we've gone from Jill not baking enough cookies to Joe wanting genocide in the Middle East. Strange indeed :pac:

So far today, we've gone from Jill not baking enough cookies to Joe wanting genocide in the Middle East. Strange indeed :pac:
    Plus standing in front of a flag and Major being a rescue dog. :pac:

A psychiatrist would have a field day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

St Jerome wrote: »
    Really? Is he that much of a hero to you? He's a doddery auld bollocks at the end of the day.

If you hate Trump fine, but fcuk knows this Biden kunt is a joker.

Toodle pip old bean.

• Advertisement

Jill Biden wore fishnets.

Big scandal, believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Big scandal, believe me.

No hope compared to Frank:

tim-curry1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Big scandal, believe me.

Wait until Joe wears a tan suit

Wait until Joe wears a tan suit

Or orders a burger with mustard.

To be fair that is pretty gross

• Advertisement

To be fair that is pretty gross

Mustard on anything is gross IMO.
    However, it’s not newsworthy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

igCorcaigh wrote: »

The greatest capitalist country in the world wants to do away with free-market competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I can imagine what people would be saying if Trump had a dog that went around biting people.

They'd be saying things like "Dog mimics its owner!", "There's no bad dogs, only bad owners", "Trump probably abused the dog as a puppy!"

Hitler had the same type of dog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Hitler had a rescue dog?

I wouldn't be making the Hitler comparison tbh, it would paint Trump in a bad light. Hitler was very fond of his dog whereas Trump just hates them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The greatest capitalist country in the world wants to do away with free-market competition?

Its the most hostile move to Ireland and other countries one could make economically. Hopefully corporations can fully re-locate their tax base outside the US to show Biden he can't win on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen

Whilst you are entitled to believe that, it is 100% factually incorrect. Whether you are suffering some form of delusion or you just want it to be true means absolutely nothing in the scheme of things. The election wasn't stolen and you need to get past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Or rocket lettuce, for the love of God not rocket lettuce!!

I also wouldn't take the global corporate tax rate stuff seriously at all - it only takes a few nations to ignore it (which will inevitably happen) and it would crumble. Added to that, the most obvious reason it would never pass is the question "who gets to decide this global corporate tax rate?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Or rocket lettuce, for the love of God not rocket lettuce!!

Ot but the yanks call it arugula

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Has the $15 minimum wage from the campaign just been wholly abandoned or whats the story with it? I remember seeing Biden ads on youtube promising it but haven't seen it mentioned in a while and I thought with Dems in control they could pass stuff like this in no time.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Oh I know, it just becomes even more ridiculous when you point out the fancy snob eating bleedin' rocket and all of the 89c it costs for a bag in Aldi! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

duploelabs wrote: »

Is *that* what you call arugula.

Mustard on hot dogs works fantastic. Honey/mustard/rosemary is an excellent glaze for lamb, especially the outstanding lamb available in Ireland.

I'm sure Major would appreciate them.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Is *that* what you call arugula.

Mustard on hot dogs works fantastic. Honey/mustard/rosemary is an excellent glaze for lamb, especially the outstanding lamb available in Ireland.

I'm sure Major would appreciate them.

No, I'm an Irish chef, we call it Rocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I have a ball. Do you think he would like to bounce it?
    I wonder if 1800_Ladladlad thinks everyone in Yemen is a Nazi?
    So, the whole purpose of this post is to point out that this flag must be Nazi-related because it uses red, black and white? That is what you have decided to be angry about today?

MOD

Enough with the personal attacking of other posters.

Threadbanned

Lifted after discussion with poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Build the Wall Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Has the $15 minimum wage from the campaign just been wholly abandoned or whats the story with it? I remember seeing Biden ads on youtube promising it but haven't seen it mentioned in a while and I thought with Dems in control they could pass stuff like this in no time.

Few of the high profile moderates in the party seemed cautious so think it's gone out the window. Seems to be more focus in infrastructure these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Mustard on anything is gross IMO.
    However, it’s not newsworthy.

Burn in hell!!!
    Sorry that was a bit harsh.

You are wrong. And your punishment for being so wrong is that you will have to listen to a coke fuelled, ranting and raving Donnie Jr for 48 hours.

Maybe hell isn't so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Build the Wall Joe

Is Joe building the wall?

Is someone going to be along to explain why thats completely different to the Bad Orange Man building the wall?

Bambi wrote: »

Is someone going to be along to explain why thats completely different to the Bad Orange Man building the wall?

just like the child cages 'he's not doing it out of hate so its better' the most brain damaged answer of all time.

is he building the wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

just like the child cages 'he's not doing it out of hate so its better' the most brain damaged answer of all time.

The difference has been explained to you multiple times.

Each time, you leave this thread, then come back with the same.

Why is that?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

everlast75 wrote: »
    The difference has been explained to you multiple times.

Each time, you leave this thread, then come back with the same.

Why is that?

Because he's a sh*tposter. That's why.

is he building the wall?

Walls, bridges and roads.
    Infrastructure!

• Advertisement

is he building the wall?

Unlike some posters in this thread, whos interest in US politics seems to preclude them from posting about anything else, I tend not to pay too much attention to a lot of US politics. However the media is reporting that the President is carrying on with his predecessors controversial wall.

I'd imagine there will soon be a chorus of disapproval from some of the aforementioned posters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Unlike some posters in this thread, whos interest in US politics seems to preclude them from posting about anything else, I tend not to pay too much attention to a lot of US politics. However the media is reporting that the President is carrying on with his predecessors controversial wall.

I'd imagine there will soon be a chorus of disapproval from some of the aforementioned posters :)

So you're pleading ignorance for not knowing about a topic that you want to discuss?
    And you're having a dig at people for discussing things that interest them?

Which position makes most sense?

Of course he isn't, pull your head out of your hole

So you're pleading ignorance for not knowing about a topic that you want to discuss?
    And you're having a dig at people for discussing things that interest them?

Which position makes most sense?

I'm not pleading ignorance, pay attention. I'm stating that my interest in this topic is proportional to that of someone who does not live in the US

Presidents Biden intention to carry on with the wall is widely reported in the press now so, like a few others, I look forward to the reaction of posters who's level of interest in the topic is quite intense for people who don't live in the US. Many of them have previously been voiciferous in the opposition to walls and immigration control, it will be interesting to see if they maintain that level of righteous indignation. :)

Is there anything else that you need cleared up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement