Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,668 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Now I expect China will take back Taiwan with America's blessing. And we won't hear another word about the genocide of the Uyghars.

Heard much about it for the last 4 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

flazio wrote: »
    Whatever keeps that vital American money flowing into the country. Just nod and smile.

I've heard there's planning in already for the Biden Plaza at the roundabout just outside ballina :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Seanergy wrote: »

Hillarious, poor Katrina Perry, anyone remember tge Odious Trump drooling over her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

CFlat wrote: »
    Ill tell you what, if you're a vexillographer in the Washington area you can probably retire this week with all the money you've made:pac:

Oh, look at me, I’m CFlat and I know big words. La-de-da.

:pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was surprised to see a little bit of balance there from RTE, a little bit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Congratulations Mr President from one good catholic Irishman to another.

All the very best to you and your administration

I have a solution for you - don't watch it. Imagine all the things you could get done with the time you'd save whinging about it.

Seems I'm not alone in my distant for this gombeen nonsense, no whinging here, just a weak stomach and nausea

Oh, look at me, I’m CFlat and I know big words. La-de-da.

:pac: :P

Flag maker. Popular profession in the north east of our island

• Advertisement

Jaysus. Who is the James that she mentions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve been watching since ten to four and you know what I can’t believe I’m saying this but fair play to Mike pence for turning up. Lady gaga did a good anthem which can be over the top at times. I’ve no idea what J-Lo said in Spanish but she gave it welly after it.

I had only said the same about Pence to my missus. No matter what we may think of him it took a decent amount of bottle for him to show up like that. He put himself into an impossible position in fairness but he had the courtesy to be the bigger man in this case.

Flag maker. Popular profession in the north east of our island

I know, I was joking.
    Tippex wrote: »
    I had only said the same about Pence to my missus. No matter what we may think of him it took a decent amount of bottle for him to show up like that. He put himself into an impossible position in fairness but he had the courtesy to be the bigger man in this case.

Pence might be a dope but he’s still statesmanlike.

Some veteran who lives in Limerick. Clearly had limited options.

When all is said n done

Tis great to have an Irish catholic in the White House lads

One of our own !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Beasty wrote: »
    The current Trump v Biden thread is approaching 10k posts. A dedicated thread may be required if there is significant trouble surrounding the inauguration itself.

Going forward we already have a new thread on Trump. This thread is to discuss Biden, not Trump. It's to cover his first 100 days and beyond.

Anyone making references such as "Sleepy Joe" and the like will be threadbanned in addition to possible further sanction. There is no need for any of that sort of stuff - this is to discuss his presidency. His policies. His interactions with Congress, the Senate, State Governors, other Governments. It's not to discuss the likes of Hunter Biden. Keep this thread clean from all that other crap.

But it was okay to call trump everything under the sun for the last 4 years and accuse him of everything on the trump presidency thread ????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I was surprised to see a little bit of balance there from RTE, a little bit...

You're funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

But it was okay to call trump everything under the sun for the last 4 years and accuse him of everything on the trump presidency thread ????????????????
    Why, are there credible links which assert that Biden has dementia?

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    ? An actual insurrection is not a few people it's an army. 1916, now there's an insurrection. A few weirdos in Washington is not an insurrection in my book anyway.

Probably more people took part in the DC 'insurrection' than the rising in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've heard there's planning in already for the Biden Plaza at the roundabout just outside ballina :)

Just so long as he gets rid of the insufferable fellow that hangs around with 4/5 cousin I don't care.

Is Guantanamo Bay still open for business?

Is that the Republicans Abroad lad james conner that was on before election spouting pro Trump shyte ?

As BA would say "I pity the ****."

I am not allowed discuss …

Mimon wrote: »
    You're funny.

I mean, i was surprised they let him on air at all, not surprised she cut him off the twice i heard him talk

jmayo wrote: »
    Just so long as he gets rid of the insufferable fellow that hangs around with 4/5 cousin I don't care.

Is Guantanamo Bay still open for business?

Is that the Republicans Abroad lad james connor that was on before election spouting pro Trump shyte ?

As BA would say "I pity the ****."

Apparently so, on further investigation.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Awh the snowflake Trump supporters are crying because people are saying mean things about their big boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Faugheen wrote: »
    Awh the snowflake Trump supporters are crying because people are saying mean things about their big boy.

As I said earlier, the "**** you feelings" crowd have turned out to be the most delicate of little snowflakes.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

namloc1980 wrote: »
    As I said earlier, the "**** you feelings" crowd have turned out to be the most delicate of little snowflakes.

100%. They cheered and laughed as Trump ‘stuck it to the woke liberals’ and now they’re getting it back in abundance and they can’t handle it.

• Advertisement

I mean, i was surprised they let him on air at all, not surprised she cut him off the twice i heard him talk

RTE already had the heads up not to use this guy.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1323775000642465794

Faugheen wrote: »

Snowflake?
    Rather Unparliamentary language mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

RTE already had the heads up not to use this guy.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1323775000642465794

I think he must have been too near to too many explosions when he was in the Marines.

And to think this lad was in intelligence.
    No wonder they say military intelligence is an oxymoron.

This is one gent I wouldn't consult for nutritional advice unless it was about nuts and fruitcakes.

Has he ever come out and admitted the Capital storming was not the work of antifa ?

Just shows how fooked up RTE is, inviting this lad on when Biden is being sworn in.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »

Not to mention their disregard for democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

When all is said n done

Tis great to have an Irish catholic in the White House lads

He's an American and who cares about the catholic bit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

God this is already boring and he's only a half a day in the job.
    You'd nearly miss the last crazy, glorious basterd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Probably more people took part in the DC 'insurrection' than the rising in Dublin

And the DC coup team had better weapons and comms gear.

humberklog wrote: »

Not as much as the media will miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Heard much about it for the last 4 years?

Yes actually.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/08/politics/us-arms-sale-taiwan/index.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-affirms-taiwans-freedom-and-independence-despite-chinas-sovereignty-claims

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-lifts-self-imposed-restrictions-with-taiwan/ar-BB1cCmoK

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-finalizes-sale-of-66-f-16-fighters-to-taiwan-as-china-tensions-escalate/ar-BB184KJu

https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/taiwan/2020/taiwan-201222-cna02.htm

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/navy-breaks-record-with-its-13th-transit-through-the-taiwan-strait-this-year-1.655831

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcusReports/status/1320838362664706049?s=19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/03/trump-angers-beijing-with-provocative-phone-call-to-taiwan-president

Bernie Sanders stated he would authorize military action if Taiwan was invaded.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-democratic-presidential-candidate-military-intervention-60-minutes-2020-02-23/

Biden on the other hand has been what's called when trying to be positive about it "strategically ambiguous" and has directly said if Taiwan declared independence they shouldn't count on the USA's help

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2001/09/12/102583?fbclid=IwAR3DKi8VXlTA317KUYxZD1vRYVZTkQj-rjIdEhqm1qXKvmoWJkCno0DBPLI
    nThat act, he said, told Taiwan "you are no longer an independent country. You are no longer an independent nation-state. We've agreed that you are going to be part of China and that you will work it out." \nBiden also punctuated his comments with a clear warning: "So don't go declaring independence, because we are not willing to go to war over your unilateral declaration of independence."

Wonder how this will be twisted around into but but Trump bad! Biden great if he thinks if a country that's been defacto independent for 50+ years declares formal independence and China crushes it, that's the right thing to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Watching all of these it's funny how democrats wear masks but then go around hugging each other and taking selfies with Obama.

No idea of social distancing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It’s fair boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I see the MeToo crowd weren't around .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,603 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"Here We Go", great tune.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Was it just me or did J-Lo completely blank Biden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,986 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

murpho999 wrote: »
    Watching all of these it's funny how democrats were masks but then go around hugging each other and taking selfies with Obama.

No idea of social distancing at all.

The ironing is delicious.

• Advertisement

I see the MeToo crowd weren't around .....

Whatever about them, at least the Proud Boys were no where near the Capitol this week. Thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

humberklog wrote: »

He's not meant to be exiting, he is a president.

It’s fair boring

IT's not your average Reality TV Show. Thank God for that.

He’s only arriving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Bannings all over the shop since this thread started :pac: :pac:

7bc34c0b247cde457fe4ea28763c7993.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some southern politician on the BBC suggested this presidency will be quiet, but that people needed quiet.

jmayo wrote: »
    I think he must have been too near to too many explosions when he was in the Marines.

And to think this lad was in intelligence.
    No wonder they say military intelligence is an oxymoron.

This is one gent I wouldn't consult for nutritional advice unless it was about nuts and fruitcakes.

Has he ever come out and admitted the Capital storming was not the work of antifa ?

Just shows how fooked up RTE is, inviting this lad on when Biden is being sworn in.

When you see this lad you’d pine for the days of Seth Tillman ;)

IT's not your average Reality TV Show. Thank God for that.

Somebody throw a pie or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Watched the inauguration ceremony of President Joe Biden and Vice-Predident Kamala Harris and although the ceremony itself was somewhat subdued, given the huge security detail, there was the definite tone of a fresh start, of hope and healing.

The young black girl doing the poem towards the end was brilliant. The highlight of the ceremony for me. :)

Biden and Harris have been handed a sh*tshow left by the Trump administration - 400K + Americans dead from Covid, its international reputation close to tatters, huge unemployment, disastrous decisions made on environmental issues by Trump, racial tensions and a hugely divided nation. The task is immense and seems close to insurmountable. But it has to be tackled head on.

Advertisement