Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-climate-iran-nuclear-immigration-de7b288aa2b4315b5b7fe38559a6e666?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

This morning's inbox delivered AP newsletter has their "Biden Tracker" segment attached. The team are monitoring Bidens first 100 days action Vs his election promises.
    He is doing very well on some fronts such as climate but not so well on others such as immigration.

Day 97: Tracking Biden's 100-day promises
    AP journalists track actions President Joe Biden said he would take in his first 100 days.

24 promises kept of 61 promises
    CLIMATE
    4 / 7 promises kept
    ECONOMY/TAXES
    4 / 5
    GOVERNMENT
    3 / 4
    GUN CONTROL
    0 / 4
    HEALTH
    5 / 8
    HOUSING
    1 / 3
    IMMIGRATION
    7 / 17
    INEQUALITY
    0 / 12
    NATIONAL SECURITY
    0 / 1

I would advise clicking the link as my copy paste doesn't do it justice or the progress made. It also contains much information and inside details of what was promised, the action so far and the further announced details if any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jaysus he's doing very well if he's already knocked out a third of his election promises in the first 100 days.

Not at all perfection itself - still waiting on that promised loan forgiveness - but a good running start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He actually ranted that "next thing you know , we'll all be drinking plant based beer".....

Really really don't ever want to drink whatever animal based beer Kudlow drinks.

Well if I'm to be a pedant, most beers aren't vegan as they contain isinglass which is derived from fish stomachs and is used to clarify the beer, Guinness only stopped using it recently

Overheal wrote: »
    Jaysus he's doing very well if he's already knocked out a third of his election promises in the first 100 days.

Not at all perfection itself - still waiting on that promised loan forgiveness - but a good running start.

Many of those that are not complete are under progress though so better again.
    That's why I stressed about actually going in through the link to get the full picture.
    Solid enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Igotadose wrote: »
    My favorite idiot, Larry Kudlow, chimed in that Americans would all have to become vegetarians or some such.

perhaps Kudlow mistook meat for " marching powder " :pac:

he is indeed an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well if I'm to be a pedant, most beers aren't vegan as they contain isinglass which is derived from fish stomachs and is used to clarify the beer, Guinness only stopped using it recently

Irish moss derives from seaweed. Popular in beer making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386746809431830536

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386756976789671939

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386792203306115076

You'd kinda miss the tweets about TV ratings and loser journalists all the same wouldn't you? Would you fcuk!!!

An Alaska state lawmaker threw a tantrum over mask compliance at an Alaska Airlines check-in. It went viral.

Subsequently the lawmaker was banned from further travel with the airline. Incidentally, they’re the only airline serving her region, which now disadvantages her with a 20-hour car and ferry commute- because of the consequences of her own actions.

Before you blame this on Joe Biden and the January executive order enforcing mask compliance in airports and on airlines, it’s important to note that earlier this spring the lawmaker was sanctioned at the state house for “abdication of duty” among other things for continue to spread Covid misinformation and refusing to wear a mask at the state house, so her freedom of movement there was already limited.

https://gizmodo.com/alaska-state-senator-now-has-20-hour-commute-after-refu-1846766838

The lawmaker claims that by acknowledging the viral incident involving a public official that it ‘violated the constitution’ by using its first amendment rights to acknowledge publicly that the incident happened and that they would be banning her for her behavior in the altercation. :rolleyes: she said acknowledging that she was there and she was banned was a violation of her privacy or some such bs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

EddieN75 wrote: »
    https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-climate-iran-nuclear-immigration-de7b288aa2b4315b5b7fe38559a6e666?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

This morning's inbox delivered AP newsletter has their "Biden Tracker" segment attached. The team are monitoring Bidens first 100 days action Vs his election promises.
    He is doing very well on some fronts such as climate but not so well on others such as immigration.

Day 97: Tracking Biden's 100-day promises
    AP journalists track actions President Joe Biden said he would take in his first 100 days.

24 promises kept of 61 promises
    CLIMATE
    4 / 7 promises kept
    ECONOMY/TAXES
    4 / 5
    GOVERNMENT
    3 / 4
    GUN CONTROL
    0 / 4
    HEALTH
    5 / 8
    HOUSING
    1 / 3
    IMMIGRATION
    7 / 17
    INEQUALITY
    0 / 12
    NATIONAL SECURITY
    0 / 1

I would advise clicking the link as my copy paste doesn't do it justice or the progress made. It also contains much information and inside details of what was promised, the action so far and the further announced details if any.

There was also a comparison around the number of "falsehoods and misstatements" in the first 100 days compared to Trump.

WaPo listed Biden with 67 things that were viewed as either false or misstatements in his first 100 days.

In his 1st 100 days , Trump had 511.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    There was also a comparison around the number of "falsehoods and misstatements" in the first 100 days compared to Trump.

WaPo listed Biden with 67 things that were viewed as either false or misstatements in his first 100 days.

In his 1st 100 days , Trump had 511.

Which news organisation ran that story or kept that count?

• Advertisement

Which news organisation ran that story or kept that count?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/biden-fact-checker-100-days/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386746809431830536

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386756976789671939

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1386792203306115076

You'd kinda miss the tweets about TV ratings and loser journalists all the same wouldn't you? Would you fcuk!!!

Handy bit of work for, one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1387151328145776645?s=19

Meanwhile, in the least surprising news ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

New: The reporter who wrote the false New York Post story about the Harris book tweets that she has resigned from the paper after having been “ordered to write” the inaccurate article.

Along with the new fake burgergate, they are getting fairly desperate.

New: The reporter who wrote the false New York Post story about the Harris book tweets that she has resigned from the paper after having been “ordered to write” the inaccurate article.

Yes, I was just about to post about this as well.

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/just-in-ny-post-reporter-who-wrote-false-story-on-kamala-harris-books-resigns-says-she-was-ordered-to-write-it/

On the one hand, you wouldn't doubt the NYP has told reporters to write tabloid trash. On the other, the author still wrote it and demonstrated a certain comfortability with presenting false and misleading information. And now both of these untrustworthy entities are in a she said, they said position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shocked that all the Trump fans here that were so quick to jump on CNN over alleged anti-Trump propaganda aren't outraged over this. I'm sure they'll be along any second now to condemn it...

Shocked that all the Trump fans here that were so quick to jump on CNN over alleged anti-Trump propaganda aren't outraged over this. I'm sure they'll be along any second now to condemn it...

Would like to hear their thoughts on this when they arrive to comment on the above.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1386753022236188675

https://youtu.be/HtViCKO8QIE

Biden calls out Nazi fags in recent gaffe. Funny enough but a solid message nonetheless

https://youtu.be/HtViCKO8QIE

Biden calls out Nazi fags in recent gaffe. Funny enough but a solid message nonetheless

What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anyone else looking forward to a few frosty plant-based beers this Bank Holiday weekend?

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to a few frosty plant-based beers this Bank Holiday weekend?

I’m having a meat based beer instead.
    Screw you libtard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

I’m having a meat based beer instead.
    Screw you libtard!

Don't forget to roll coal all the way down to the liquor store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I’ll be having meat based beers and plant based burgers.

Unless you're eating 4lbs of red meat a day then you're a soyboy libtard cuck

Unless you're eating 4lbs of red meat a day then you're a soyboy libtard cuck

200 grams of red meat 3 times a week is probably around the recommended amount as part of a healthy and varied diet.

If one was having a BBQ every day one wouldn't be long for this world I would imagine.

Meat sweats would be the least of the worries

200 grams of red meat 3 times a week is probably around the recommended amount as part of a healthy and varied diet.

If one was having a BBQ every day one wouldn't be long for this world I would imagine.

Meat sweats would be the least of the worries

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1385991099299377159?s=19

I must check the share price of "beyond meat"after that announcement.

Regardless of how much meat Trump jr did or didn't eat he is a goon. A sliver spoon up the arse yuppy type who would walk over people he considers below him just for a dollar.
    The world would be a better place without this type of individual.

I wouldn't agree with Biden meat plan either if that was the case.
    Posted by Fox and retreated by Trump jr I would safely say it is exaggerated or a lie.
    How much does 200 grams three times per week add up to over a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Regardless of how much meat Trump jr did or didn't eat he is a goon. A sliver spoon up the arse yuppy type who would walk over people he considers below him just for a dollar.

Posted by Fox and retreated by Trump jr I would safely say it is exaggerated or a lie.

Just to be absolutely clear there is no Biden meat plan, it’s a figment of Fox News collective imagination.

salmocab wrote: »
    Just to be absolutely clear there is no Biden meat plan, it’s a figment of Fox News collective imagination.

My 600 grams per week adds up to very roughly 1000 ounces per year. Slightly higher than Bidens 4 ounce limit.
    Edit it's 4 lbs not ounces so 62.5 lbs

Of course it's a figment of fox. Americans are surely stockpiling meat as we speak

• Advertisement

Trigger warning!
    That silver spoon is to help clear a fecal impaction from his rectum as a result of eating so much red meat to own the libs.
    Have some respect.

More laudable progress by the Biden DOJ today: Ahmaud Arbery's muderers have been charged with federal hatecrimes.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/federal-hate-crimes-and-attempted-kidnapping-charges-filed-against-men-accused-of-murdering-ahmaud-arbery/?fbclid=IwAR2HiV9uxKm0nCNoHnU1p7nlSPjZpnawe3FgfFgyhJUL5JAMZ4ODH493Pqg
    The three men charged at the state level with allegedly murdering Ahmaud Arbery, 25, had their legal exposure compound on Wednesday, with federal prosecutors indicting them with hate crimes, attempt kidnapping and other offenses.

Father and son defendants Gregory McMichael and Travis McMichael, along with their accused accomplice William “Roddie” Bryan, Jr., were first arrested last May in Georgia, one of four states without a hate crime law.

The federal government stepped in to fill in that gap on Wednesday afternoon.

The indictment accuses the three men of interfering with Arbery’s rights “because of Arbery’s race and color.”

On Feb. 23, 2020, Arbery was running on a public street in the Satilla Shores neighborhood of Brunswick, Georgia, when the McMichaels armed themselves with firearms, got into a truck, and chased him, prosecutors say.

In the attempted kidnapping charge, prosecutors say: “Specifically, the three defendants chased Arbery through the neighborhood, using their trucks-and in the case of the McMichaels, firearms-in an attempt to restrain Arbery, restrict his free movement, corral and detain him against his will, and prevent his escape.”

The federal indictment has five counts. No trial date has been set in the state case.

Arbery’s mother Wanda Cooper sued the three men, Glynn County, police and others exactly one year after he was shot and killed in a federal complaint narrating her son’s death.

“An avid runner, Ahmaud frequently jogged around his neighborhood and surroundings areas in Brunswick, Georgia, including Satilla Shores,” Cooper’s attorneys wrote in their complaint, before describing what made that day different. “That day three armed white men, Defendants Gregory McMichael, Travis McMicheael, and William Bryan — entrusted by local law enforcement to respond to recent trespasses in the area, and armed with a Police-Department-issued revolver and a 12-gauge shotgun — hunted Ahmaud down in their trucks. Based on a ‘gut feeling’ that Ahmaud was responsible for prior thefts in the neighborhood, these Defendants shot Ahmaud three times at close range with their shotgun and killed him. As Ahmaud lay bleeding out on the pavement, Defendant Travis McMichael stood above him and said, ‘****ing N*****.’”

The original lawsuit uses the N-word without redaction.

An attorney for Cooper did not immediately respond to an email about the federal charges.

Neither did attorneys for the McMichaels.

This is a developing story.

'no racism in America' etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    More laudable progress by the Biden DOJ today: Ahmaud Arbery's muderers have been charged with federal hatecrimes.
    Are they also charged with regular counts of murder and manslaughter.
    The hate crimes could be very hard to prove. Just standing over somebody using the N word isn't enough. That can easily get thrown out before it gets to a jury if it is contested.
    There's three defendants, only one used that term from what I've read in the article you linked. If they are tried together then the other two's defense can argue that including that is prejudicial to their clients.

Seems like “sleepy joe” rattled a Republicans earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TrangiaCoffee

Yet another measure covered in the Great Reset plan, but hey, conspiracy theory I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TrangiaCoffee

salmocab wrote: »

It's no figment. It's part of an active plan, but its not Biden idea.

• Advertisement

It's no figment. It's part of an active plan, but its not Biden idea.

"He's going to control how much meat you can eat," Kevin McCarthy

From a few hours ago.

Yet another measure covered in the Great Reset plan, but hey, conspiracy theory I guess.

No it's not, the red meat reduction hoohah was completely concocted. You just need to read a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

No it's not, the red meat reduction hoohah was completely concocted. You just need to read a few pages back

The account is "new" so it might not have had the chance ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Bingo. Dont post in this thread again

The U.S. economy grew at a 6.4% annual rate in the first quarter, expanding a consumer-led rebound from the pandemic.

Joey destroyed the economy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The only one who was sleepy was Ted Cruz and that was just trying to draw attention to himself.
    Biden address might not be gripping in terms of eloquence but from what I've read, those who heard the Gettysburg address said similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Water John wrote: »
    The only one who was sleepy was Ted Cruz and that was just trying to draw attention to himself.
    Biden address might not be gripping in terms of eloquence but from what I've read, those who heard the Gettysburg address said similar.

almost as if content is more important than twitter likes.

Water John wrote: »

“It looks like Ted Cruz’s eyes are connected to his states power grid.” - Trevor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this thread is as slow as joe.

maybe thats good thing...nothing to talk about, cant be doing much wrong.

who was the least transparent president prior to JB in terms of fielding questions from the media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

who was the least transparent president prior to JB in terms of fielding questions from the media?

You mean as sleepy ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Biden has already done more for the US and the World than the previous incumbent did in his four years. In fact, if he sat on his hands for four years, he'd be a better president. This kind of shallow nitpicking is pathetic. Vague insinuations and silly straw man arguments. No wonder the thread has gone quiet and lacks any kind of meaningful debate. Them there Trumpists, they got nothing to offer.

The least transparent president was the last guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Biden has already done more for the US and the World than the previous incumbent did in his four years. In fact, if he sat on his hands for four years, he'd be a better president. This kind of shallow nitpicking is pathetic. Vague insinuations and silly straw man arguments. No wonder the thread has gone quiet and lacks any kind of meaningful debate. Them there Trumpists, they got nothing to offer.
    He's done more in.the short time he's been in office than any US President during my 51 years on this planet.
    Comparing him only to the worst potus in history isn't doing him justice.

You holding up ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Hang in there buddy. Chin up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement