Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yesterday The First Lady stood in front of a flag that was inspired by and resembled Nazi imagery:

Jill-Biden-scaled.jpg
    feg

101-Objects-Voice-Chavez-Jacket-28-631.jpg
    bjfb

Given the outrage directed toward the Trump campaign, the media showed little to no interest in the imagery displayed behind Biden. There was outrage surrounding the design of a t-shirt that had the eagle's head turned in the same direction as The Reichsadle. USA Today did a "fact-check" and originally concluded that Trump campaign’s use of an eagle was “similar” to Nazi imagery; “The claims that a Trump campaign T-shirt uses a symbol similar to a Nazi eagle is TRUE, based on our research.”, but of course it was amended much later stating; “This story has been updated to reflect further reporting and analysis. The rating has been changed to inconclusive.” Trump would have been hung drawn and quartered for doing the same thing. Yet the mainstream media are nowhere to be seen. It's the shameless double standards.

Biden is simply pandering here on a level that is cringeworthy.

https://twitter.com/akoseff/status/1377388159160311809

We’ve hit desperation level I see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yep. Trump supports actual neo-Nazis, fine. Jill Biden stands in front of a flag with an eagle on it and the Trumpsters go mad.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yep. Trump supports actual neo-Nazis, fine. Jill Biden stands in front of a flag with an eagle on it and the Trumpsters go mad.

They’ve got nothing else.

That was hit a couple of months ago

I wonder if 1800_Ladladlad thinks everyone in Yemen is a Nazi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The flag in question was actually the United Farm Workers (UFW) union flag. The UFW, which was founded in 1962, is the country’s first permanent agricultural labor union.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2021/04/01/jill-biden-and-melania-trump-trending-is-a-mirror-of-our-national-divide/

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

lol United Farm Workers probably need to rethink that design and color palette combination.

lol United Farm Workers probably need to rethink that design and color palette combination.

Why?

The flag, which was designed by Chávez's cousin in 1962, when Chávez and Dolores Huerta founded the National Farmworkers Union, the predecessor of the United Farm Workers union. The Aztec eagle symbol on the flag was meant to be a sign of courage for the farm workers. The historic Forty Acres property, where Biden gave her speech from, serves as the headquarters for the UFW.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Why?

The flag, which was designed by Chávez's cousin in 1962, when Chávez and Dolores Huerta founded the National Farmworkers Union, the predecessor of the United Farm Workers union. The Aztec eagle symbol on the flag was meant to be a sign of courage for the farm workers. The historic Forty Acres property, where Biden gave her speech from, serves as the headquarters for the UFW.

Doesn't bother me personally but it's easy to see the resemblance to certain other imagery. Anyway I won't harp on about it, my comment was partially in jest.

REPORTER: How much credit are you taking for today's [jobs] numbers?

BIDEN: I'm giving credit to the American people

How bizarre.

• Advertisement

Major emergency response outside the U.S. Capitol amid ongoing incident, reports of injuries

?

BREAKING: At least 1 person down outside the U.S. Capitol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Car seems to have crashed into barriers at the Capitol, 2 people taken away on stretchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

here's some more detail. seems like the driver drove into a permanent barrier. they also allude to potential bomb, but thats prob just media sensationalising things.

wait and see i guess. hopefully the 2 people are alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have a ball. Do you think he would like to bounce it?
    I wonder if 1800_Ladladlad thinks everyone in Yemen is a Nazi?
    So, the whole purpose of this post is to point out that this flag must be Nazi-related because it uses red, black and white? That is what you have decided to be angry about today?

MOD

Enough with the personal attacking of other posters.

Threadbanned

is anyone following the matt gaetz thing?

not really related to biden but in the same realm. apparently under investigation for the last year for (something) with under age people. after the story broke he then says he (his family) is being extorted for 25m to make the investigation go away and a sting operation was in place to get the people extorting him.

he accused this person live on air and asked for the authorities to release the audio. its all pretty odd.

anyway, back to biden and odd ..hunter's thing with the gun and beau's widow throwing a gun away. whats the story there?

i dunno, the US is mad

this thread has been quite slow moving recently and i think it might be a good idea for people to say why they support biden.

i have given a few examples of why i dont, if anyone wants to share why they do.

a catch, you cant say 'because trump'.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

this thread has been quite slow moving recently and i think it might be a good idea for people to say why they support biden.

i have given a few examples of why i dont, if anyone wants to share why they do.

you don't get to decide what people can and cannot say.

Handling of covid
    Pretty exciting plans that are reminiscent of the new deal
    Not engaging in hate speech and takes job seriously

Lots more, he's actually turning out to be a far more interesting presidency than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

How about you tell us where you criticised Trump about the thing you're gonna criticise biden for?

That sounds fair.

It shows you're bona fida concerned about the issue, rather than portraying fake outrage.

Well, tbf, many Trump supporters used the excuse that they only voted for Trump because HC was such a terrible candidate.

So, it is perfectly reasonable to select Biden over Trump when choice is one or other.

As for actually supporting Biden, I for one don't support him as such. But it is very obvious, even at that early stage, that he has great ideas, is doing a great job, and is the type of thinking, considered and professional leader that both the US and the world in general needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Because he is Presidential.
    Because is is an experienced politician.
    Because he won the election.
    Because he has picked a diverse administration.
    Because he gives a positive, realistic message on topical issues.
    Because he put together a relief bill which is helping most of Americans.
    Because he is not selfishly motivated.
    Because he immediately started to correct bad actions which had been taken by the previous President.
    Because he has overachieved in getting vaccines administered and immediately set a new ambitious target.
    Because he behaves like a head of state motivated by what is best for the people in that state.
    Because he lets the appropriate people take the lead on specific issues.
    Because he has done more positive things in 70 days, than some Presidents do in 1,460 days.
    Because this thread being quite slow moving is evident of just how well he is doing.

everlast75 wrote: »
    How about you tell us where you criticised Trump about the thing you're gonna criticise biden for?

That sounds fair.

It shows you're bona fida concerned about the issue, rather than portraying fake outrage.

i've criticised trump plenty in the election thread and probably this thread as well.

my main gripe is the power media and big tech now command. and that is all geared towards 1 side.

for example, biden slipping on the steps (i didnt think it was a big deal really), but the fact instagram stopped people posting it.
    twitter with the story on hunter biden censoring it.

like, the media command huge power and its now been concentrated into (mainly) social media all with left leaning biases.

so why dont like biden, cos he supports all that and other policies which i don't agree with

Protecting the environment.

Fin.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts deleted, some by posters who really should know better

Never discuss moderation in-thread. If you do wish to discuss it, PM a mod

Do not respond to this post in thread

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Well, tbf, many Trump supporters used the excuse that they only voted for Trump because HC was such a terrible candidate.

So, it is perfectly reasonable to select Biden over Trump when choice is one or other.

As for actually supporting Biden, I for one don't support him as such. But it is very obvious, even at that early stage, that he has great ideas, is doing a great job, and is the type of thinking, considered and professional leader that both the US and the world in general needs.

which is prob true, and the same re biden and trump.

great ideas and doing a great job...can you give some examples?

Handling of covid
    Pretty exciting plans that are reminiscent of the new deal
    Not engaging in hate speech and takes job seriously

Lots more, he's actually turning out to be a far more interesting presidency than I expected.

handling of covid? how do you explain letting covid positive illegal immigrants into the country?

what are these exciting plans?

hate speech...thats a given, what president has?

taking jobs seriously - what does that even mean? by signing an EO that laid off 1000's of people with the stroke of a pen?

which is prob true, and the same re biden and trump.

great ideas and doing a great job...can you give some examples?

Vaccines rollout.

Support cheques. Infrastructure plan. Standing up against Georgias plan to stop voters. Stopping the pipeline. Focus on climate change. Standing behind GFA. Looking to make a deal with Iran.

But let's go with some things that Trump loved talking about. Stock market is doing great. Its not the worst in the world for Covid. His popularity is amazing.

You need nothing more than that. The difference between this admin and the last is night and day.

• Advertisement

Because he is Presidential.
    Because is is an experienced politician.
    Because he won the election.
    Because he has picked a diverse administration.
    Because he gives a positive, realistic message on topical issues.
    Because he put together a relief bill which is helping most of Americans.
    Because he is not selfishly motivated.
    Because he immediately started to correct bad actions which had been taken by the previous President.
    Because he has overachieved in getting vaccines administered and immediately set a new ambitious target.
    Because he behaves like a head of state motivated by what is best for the people in that state.
    Because he lets the appropriate people take the lead on specific issues.
    Because he has done more positive things in 70 days, than some Presidents do in 1,460 days.
    Because this thread being quite slow moving is evident of just how well he is doing.

diverse administration...surely the best person for the job is all that matters here?

i will need to look more into the covid relief bill but apparently only a small % is actually geared towards covid relief.

what were the bad actions that have been reversed?

vaccines, i will give him that. puts ireland to shame i think (i've not looked at stats on this).

what appropriate people have taken the lead on specific issues?

this thread is slowing because yellows are in abundance

Advertisement