Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

handling of covid? how do you explain letting covid positive illegal immigrants into the country?

what are these exciting plans?

hate speech...thats a given, what president has?

taking jobs seriously - what does that even mean? by signing an EO that laid off 1000's of people with the stroke of a pen?

You were doing so well up to that point. Hate speech and you can't think of a POTUS that has?come on. Trump loved hate speech.

He even got you thinking that the media is somehow out to get the right? The right had control of everything, still have control of the legislature, but still you deem to be oppressed.

Trump was given an historically free ride in 2016. Everyone was just along for the laugh, there was no serious questions of his policies. Even during his tenure, it was mostly self inflicted. He constantly lied, about things that were always going to come out.

Stormy Daniels for etc. Just admit it and move on. But no, the guy had to lie, and feign outrage. He was torn apart because of his policies, he was always in trouble because he couldn't help but lie and big himself up. He always failed to deliver.

Remember his repeal and replace? That, in any other admin, would have been enough. To admit, after you got the job, that you haven't a rashers about the issue, never mind how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Another incident in the Capitol today instigated by a black Nation of Islam member.
    This comes just over a week after 10 people were killed by a Muslim in Colorado.
    Tensions are on the rise in the US it would seem.

There were hardly any terrorist incidents under Trump but things seem to be returning to normal now that the Democrats are back in.

this thread is slowing because yellows are in abundance

No, the thread is showing becuase, like all media, it the car crash that attacks the crowd. Nobody writes a story about everything being perfectly fine and people are compently doing their jobs.

You really need to go back and revisit the 1st few months of the Trump administration. Covid has somewhat rewritten history as if everything was fine until that Trump arrived without a plan, without a team, without a clue. Even his wife didn't move for 6 months.

His Muslim ban was torn apart by the courts, he gave jobs to his family against all advice, his gave away intelligence secrets, he had no idea how to deal with healthcare, he had no economic plan, he was a complete disaster.

It didn't get any better, but people just got on with things and he became somewhat accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There were hardly any terrorist incidents under Trump but things seem to be returning to normal now that the Democrats are back in.

Yeah apart from the deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history. He was white by the way seeing that you're so keen to mention the colour of the perpetrators.

Another incident in the Capitol today instigated by a black Nation of Islam member.
    This comes just over a week after 10 people were killed by a Muslim in Colorado.

You mean there where hardly any Islamic terrorist attacks. There were plenty of white terror attacks.

We even had a group of right wing militias storm government buildings in Michigan, and then the Capital itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Neither incident has been declared to have been motivated by religious ideology to this point, but, if so, what do you think Biden might have done which

If you think tensions are on the rise after all of the BLM and anti-lockdown protests of last year, then I don't know what to tell you. And of course, purely in numbers, Trumps record of some many fatalities as a consequence of a pandemic which he admitted he downplayed vastly outnumbers terrorist attacks in the history of the United States so there is that to consider.

Not to mention the attacks on asians throughout the last year up to and including 8 people killed at Asian businesses 2 weeks ago. And of course we know the part Trump played in rising tensions towards those communities.

And that is not to even mention the insurrection which resulted in several deaths which Trump himself initiated on the 6th of January. So, taking all this in to account, I'd say it's a safe bet Americans feel safer today with respect to the actions of the President influencing their safety than at any point Trump was in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Terrorists incidents increased 68% in Trump’s first year in charge.

diverse administration...surely the best person for the job is all that matters here?

i will need to look more into the covid relief bill but apparently only a small % is actually geared towards covid relief.

what were the bad actions that have been reversed?

vaccines, i will give him that. puts ireland to shame i think (i've not looked at stats on this).

what appropriate people have taken the lead on specific issues?

this thread is slowing because yellows are in abundance

And yet another reason why we support Biden over the guy he beat by 7 million votes.

If the election was tomorrow, and you had a vote, and the 2 candidates were Biden and Trump, given what you know about both, who would you vote for? And why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Vaccines rollout.

Support cheques. Infrastructure plan. Standing up against Georgias plan to stop voters. Stopping the pipeline. Focus on climate change. Standing behind GFA. Looking to make a deal with Iran.

But let's go with some things that Trump loved talking about. Stock market is doing great. Its not the worst in the world for Covid. His popularity is amazing.

You need nothing more than that. The difference between this admin and the last is night and day.

i dont agree with support cheques. i prob (most likely) dont understand them. but why not a similar thing to ireland. a subsidy to keep you employed rather than just a cheque.

infrastructure plan...thats fine. but what else is there in it aside from infrastructure?

whats the plan to stop voters in georgia?

how is stopping the pipeline a good thing? you cost jobs, you cost CO2 emissions.

how do you reconcile the above with a focus on climate change?

good friday agreement?

the iran thing, i'm not sure about. just know no one in the world should be allowed hold them. but its the entire basis of MAD so maybe everyone should have them? i've not thought about this deeply to be able to give a good answer as to why good/bad.

i dont agree with support cheques. i prob (most likely) dont understand them. but why not a similar thing to ireland. a subsidy to keep you employed rather than just a cheque.

infrastructure plan...thats fine. but what else is there in it aside from infrastructure?

whats the plan to stop voters in georgia?

how is stopping the pipeline a good thing? you cost jobs, you cost CO2 emissions.

how do you reconcile the above with a focus on climate change?

good friday agreement?

the iran thing, i'm not sure about. just know no one in the world should be allowed hold them. but its the entire basis of MAD so maybe everyone should have them? i've not thought about this deeply to be able to give a good answer as to why good/bad.

You don't seem to know much about any of the topics which have been relevant in terms of both US and Irish politics over the last couple of years.

You should run for President, didn't stop the last guy.

Maybe instead of trying to make this thread move faster, you should educate yourself on some of the topics and then you might not only understand why it is not very active, but that why you should maybe support Biden after all.

I mean, it's quite funny that we are often accused of thinking that Trump fans don't know that much, and here you are literally giving us lists of all the things that you don't know

• Advertisement

You were doing so well up to that point. Hate speech and you can't think of a POTUS that has?come on. Trump loved hate speech.

He even got you thinking that the media is somehow out to get the right? The right had control of everything, still have control of the legislature, but still you deem to be oppressed.

Trump was given an historically free ride in 2016. Everyone was just along for the laugh, there was no serious questions of his policies. Even during his tenure, it was mostly self inflicted. He constantly lied, about things that were always going to come out.

Stormy Daniels for etc. Just admit it and move on. But no, the guy had to lie, and feign outrage. He was torn apart because of his policies, he was always in trouble because he couldn't help but lie and big himself up. He always failed to deliver.

Remember his repeal and replace? That, in any other admin, would have been enough. To admit, after you got the job, that you haven't a rashers about the issue, never mind how to fix it.

specifically, what hate speech did trump engage in?

not out to get the right, but massively biased towards the left. surely thats plain as day?

stormy daniels....what about tara reid?

explain repeal and replace if you dont mind, everything behind a paywall.

If you think tensions are on the rise after all of the BLM and anti-lockdown protests of last year, then I don't know what to tell you. And of course, purely in numbers, Trumps record of some many fatalities as a consequence of a pandemic which he admitted he downplayed vastly outnumbers terrorist attacks in the history of the United States so there is that to consider.

The mostly peaceful protests that caused 2bn dollars worth of damage is it ?
    The ones that were condoned by the Democrats and where Democrats bailed arrested perpetrators out to reoffend.

The Democrats stoked tensions all summer long last year, to garner extra turnout among the black population in the election.

I know where you stand on this topic, you have repeately made it clear in the BLM thread.
    And that is not to even mention the insurrection which resulted in several deaths which Trump himself initiated on the 6th of January. So, taking all this in to account, I'd say it's a safe bet Americans feel safer today with respect to the actions of the President influencing their safety than at any point Trump was in the office.

3 people died of natural causes, one was shot by a police officer and the last was falsely reported to have died of being hit to the head by a fire extinguisher.

No, the thread is showing becuase, like all media, it the car crash that attacks the crowd. Nobody writes a story about everything being perfectly fine and people are compently doing their jobs.

You really need to go back and revisit the 1st few months of the Trump administration. Covid has somewhat rewritten history as if everything was fine until that Trump arrived without a plan, without a team, without a clue. Even his wife didn't move for 6 months.

His Muslim ban was torn apart by the courts, he gave jobs to his family against all advice, his gave away intelligence secrets, he had no idea how to deal with healthcare, he had no economic plan, he was a complete disaster.

It didn't get any better, but people just got on with things and he became somewhat accepted.

2 most populous muslim countries in the world - were those countries banned?

maybe this is the case, but did the white house have to publicly criticize any of his family?

who did he give intelligence info to? surely he would have been impeached on the spot for that.

his economic plan was deregulate and cut taxes. a sound plan as far as i'm concerned. i'm no economist, but surely less tax is good. i realise there is a line somewhere there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The mostly peaceful protests that caused 2bn dollars worth of damage is it ?
    The ones that were condoned by the Democrats and where Democrats bailed arrested perpetrators out to reoffend.

The Democrats stoked tensions all summer long last year, to garner extra turnout among the black population in the election.

I know where you stand on this topic, you have repeately made it clear in the BLM thread.

3 people died of natural causes, one was shot by a police officer and the last was falsely reported to have died of being hit to the head by a fire extinguisher.

I’d hardly call being trampled to death natural causes.

And I don’t think the definitive cod of Officer Sicknick has been released.

And yet another reason why we support Biden over the guy he beat by 7 million votes.

If the election was tomorrow, and you had a vote, and the 2 candidates were Biden and Trump, given what you know about both, who would you vote for? And why?

trump hands down.

my biggest concern is the power big tech companies are amassing. there is a reason they are called the 4th estate of politics. they have huge influence and have shown their bias in censoring information.

his immigration policy
    his cutting of corporation tax
    his making america energy independent

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Terrorists incidents increased 68% in Trump’s first year in charge.

i'm not questioning the veracity of your statement, but did the definition of terrorist attack change?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

But going back to the original point of picking the best person for the job, how do you square that with having diversity as the primary factor? The obvious example being that Biden had decided that the VP would be a woman of color.

But going back to the original point of picking the best person for the job, how do you square that with having diversity as the primary factor? The obvious example being that Biden had decided that the VP would be a woman of color.

Its identity politics.
    Virtue signalling.
    Appeal to as wide a spectrum as possible.

I'd respect Biden alot more if he cut back on the identity politics, its divisive and damaging.

trump hands down.

my biggest concern is the power big tech companies are amassing. there is a reason they are called the 4th estate of politics. they have huge influence and have shown their bias in censoring information.

his immigration policy

You admit to not having a clue about almost any matter brought up, yet hands down you vote for Trump?

The Covid response alone is enough to never want Trump anywhere near a position of power again. He presidented over one of the worst catastrophies every it hit the US and never had an iota had to lead the country.

There is more information, more widely available then at any time in history. Trump won in 2016 didn't he? He got 75m votes last year and you would vote for him.

All during a media blackout. So either that bs, or you andcall those people are voting and supporting Trump not on what you know but because someone tells you that there is stuff you don't!

You don't seem to know much about any of the topics which have been relevant in terms of both US and Irish politics over the last couple of years.

You should run for President, didn't stop the last guy.

Maybe instead of trying to make this thread move faster, you should educate yourself on some of the topics and then you might not only understand why it is not very active, but that why you should maybe support Biden after all.

I mean, it's quite funny that we are often accused of thinking that Trump fans don't know that much, and here you are literally giving us lists of all the things that you don't know

only a fool pretends to know everything. educate me and answer the questions maybe?
    that how people operae. don't ridicule.

some of the questions were also directed at your own statements. in fact all questions (with the exception of clarifying good friday agreement) were based upon assertions you made.

• Advertisement

Its identity politics.
    Virtue signalling.

I'd respect Biden alot more if he cut back on the identity politics, its divisive and damaging.

But if he picked a white, Christian man would that be better?

Can you point out why Trump chose Pence?

But if he picked a white, Christian man would that be better?

Of course not. If he announced up front that the VP was going to be a white christian guy it would be the same problem.

Of course not. If he announced up front that the VP was going to be a white christian guy it would be the same problem.

That is pretty much what he did though. It was always going to be because that is what woukd get the most additional voters.

It only becomes an issue when it isn't the white male though. Suddenly it all politics, and woke, and agenda driven.

Hell, Biden was picked for VP for exactly those reasons.

And Palin was picked, well I can only assume that was a dare!

You admit to not having a clue about almost any matter brought up, yet hands down you vote for Trump?

The Covid response alone is enough to never want Trump anywhere near a position of power again. He presidented over one of the worst catastrophies every it hit the US and never had an iota had to lead the country.

There is more information, more widely available then at any time in history. Trump won in 2016 didn't he? He got 75m votes last year and you would vote for him.

All during a media blackout. So either that bs, or you andcall those people are voting and supporting Trump not on what you know but because someone tells you that there is stuff you don't!

very basically, if you make a statement i will ask you to explain that. so everyone is on the same page and there's no room for misunderstanding.

thats a good thing and should be par for the course.

in the post you quoted:

rump hands down.

his immigration policy

where was the question there? i made a few statements...question them if you disagree.

only a fool pretends to know everything. educate me and answer the questions maybe?
    that how people operae. don't ridicule.

some of the questions were also directed at your own statements. in fact all questions (with the exception of clarifying good friday agreement) were based upon assertions you made.

Google is free, go try to find your own information and maybe come back here with opinions rather than questions.

Why should I, or anyone else go to the effort of writing detailed answers for you on such a wide range of topics when you show no inclination to be interested in getting answers.

That is pretty much what he did though. It was always going to be because that is what woukd get the most additional voters.

It only becomes an issue when it isn't the white male though. Suddenly it all politics, and woke, and agenda driven.

Hell, Biden was picked for VP for exactly those reasons.

And Palin was picked, well I can only assume that was a dare!

I don't agree with Trump picking people based on the gender/skin color either. But this conversation was specifically about Biden here, and I referenced the fact that he announced the primary criteria for VP was race and gender.

Google is free, go try to find your own information and maybe come back here with opinions rather than questions.

Why should I, or anyone else go to the effort of writing detailed answers for you on such a wide range of topics when you show no inclination to be interested in getting answers.

your attitude seems to be...i can say whatever i want and you go and find something that disproves that.

(never let these people into power)

if you are making a statement of fact without providing a source (a simple link will do), of course i will question that.

is that not common sense?

Its identity politics.
    Virtue signalling.

Because there is no reason to believe that people from diverse backgrounds are less capable than people from backgrounds which reflect those that have traditionally held power and have been appointed to senior roles.

But the fact that heretofore so few administrations were truly diverse or so few people from diverse backgrounds found themselves in positions of authority is evidence that people were being appointed to roles because of a preference for how they looked/sounded/used a toilet.

You guys cannot grasp this, I know that before I even type it, but Biden picking a diverse administration and VP is not evidence that it is identity politics, it is evidence that that people of diverse backgrounds deserve to be awarded such roles.

Kamala Harris has advanced degrees in finance and law, was elected as District attorney for San Francisco before being elected as attorney general for California before being elected as Senator for California before being elected as Vise President of the United States. And throughout last year, and here again today people have tried to cheapen her achievements by suggesting she was selected only because she was a woman of colour and not because she was a woman of colour who is supremely qualified for the role.

your attitude seems to be...i can say whatever i want and you go and find something that disproves that.

(never let these people into power)

if you are making a statement of fact without providing a source (a simple link will do), of course i will question that.

is that not common sense?

No, it isn't.

By all means counter my statements of fact with evidence to counter them. Just asking meandering vague questions and putting the burden on me to defend my points is not how discussions work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kamala Harris has advanced degrees in finance and law, was elected as District attorney for San Francisco before being elected as attorney general for California before being elected as Senator for California before being elected as Vise President of the United States. And throughout last year, and here again today people have tried to cheapen her achievements by suggesting she was selected only because she was a woman of colour and not because she was a woman of colour who is supremely qualified for the role.

The same people were happy to support a barely educated, politically inexperienced white man though. The irony.

Advertisement