Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

normakelle wrote: »
    https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/supreme-courts-decision-not-hear-elections-cases-could-have-serious
    Why was marcopia election committee fighting tooth and nail to stop a legitimate audit and examination of dominion machines if everything was transparent and above board. Even defying a court order with bullsh##t excuses.

I don't know. Why?

Now, don't tell me what you think, tell me what you can prove.

They defied a court order and nothing was done?

Trump raised millions from his supporters to fight the election results. Would seem awfully remiss of him to miss that.

And why did one of his legal team recently claim in court that she never expected anyone to actually believe his statements? Is she part of the conspiracy? A plant by the Dems to put Trump off the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

normakelle wrote:
    So all right leaning news media tells lies and falsehoods while left leaning media is the virtue of truth. If you believe that then you are part of the problem.

No, go read Rotowire. They just give you the news with no slant.
    Right or left leaning isn't great but far right and left is where you get the fake stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1378525372447293440?s=19

I like the way he speaks slowly, so most of the fox watchers can understand him clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

still waiting for actual evidence of election fraud. do you have any?

https://youtu.be/spxFqUUPuS4
    Dominion machines programmed to switch votes from trump to biden

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

More winning: 916,000 jobs added in March as pandemic eases in the US due to the Biden administrations vigorous activity around vaccinations and the economic stimulus:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/02/916-000-jobs-added-in-march-478912

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, no evidence then.

https://youtu.be/9ur-E2BNy-M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You're just pushing a conspiracy theory you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's great to have a President that understands science and is willing to tackle climate change.

https://amp.ft.com/content/33bcf3fc-bc44-4fe0-b1ff-4ec2dbb4168d?__twitter_impression=true

"This now puts the entire clean energy transition into hyperdrive,” said Paul Bledsoe, strategic adviser at the Progressive Policy Institute, and a former climate adviser in the Clinton White House. “The thing it does, I think for the first time truly ever, is provide utter certainty for business investment in clean energy.”

Biden’s plan would see an infusion of more than $350bn directly into clean energy — driving electric-vehicle infrastructure, reinvigorating the grid and boosting research and development — plus an estimated $400bn extending and expanding tax credits for clean energy generation and storage. It would also set a “clean energy standard” mandating utilities to produce power that is carbon-free by 2035."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Norma, if there was so much voter fraud why did Sydney Powell in her defence against Dominion did she say...
    “No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact,”

The very people pushing the claims don’t believe them and they don’t expect reasonable people to believe them ergo if you believe them they consider you unreasonable.

How do you square that circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

39 views in 4 months :pac:

Billy Mays wrote: »
    39 views in 4 months :pac:

Probably all Norma.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

was it filmed on a 1980s camcorder? where do you find this rubbish?

was it filmed on a 1980s camcorder? where do you find this rubbish?
    I'd imagine on far right sites designed to pander to the brainwashed, less intelligent people of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Because there is no reason to believe that people from diverse backgrounds are less capable than people from backgrounds which reflect those that have traditionally held power and have been appointed to senior roles.

But the fact that heretofore so few administrations were truly diverse or so few people from diverse backgrounds found themselves in positions of authority is evidence that people were being appointed to roles because of a preference for how they looked/sounded/used a toilet.

You guys cannot grasp this, I know that before I even type it, but Biden picking a diverse administration and VP is not evidence that it is identity politics, it is evidence that that people of diverse backgrounds deserve to be awarded such roles.

Kamala Harris has advanced degrees in finance and law, was elected as District attorney for San Francisco before being elected as attorney general for California before being elected as Senator for California before being elected as Vise President of the United States. And throughout last year, and here again today people have tried to cheapen her achievements by suggesting she was selected only because she was a woman of colour and not because she was a woman of colour who is supremely qualified for the role.

The same old rhetoric and disingenuous argument.

Having a woman of colour as Vice President is something that in other circumstances should be celebrated.
    But this is a clear case of tokenism when looked at in a broader context.

Kamala Harris's campaign to run for the Democratic Presidential nomination was a disaster.
    Harris said in 2019 that she “believed” women who accused Biden of offences ranging from inappropriate touching to rape.
    Harris attacked Biden during the primaries for his close partnership in the senate with southern segregationists.

In short, she didn't do anything to endear herself to Biden or demonstrate that she had significant broad support based on her own merits as a candidate.

Harris bucked the trend of a presidential contender picking a running mate who came up runner-up, or at least was a serious contender, in the party’s primary contest.
    The only reason that she was brought back to be VP was because as a woman of colour, Harris kills two birds with one stone by ticking both the gender and race boxes.

Just as Obama’s supporters used triumphalist talk of him being the first Black president to deflect criticism of any of his policies, history is now repeating itself with Harris.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Norma, if there was so much voter fraud why did Sydney Powell in her defence against Dominion did she say...

The very people pushing the claims don’t believe them and they don’t expect reasonable people to believe them ergo if you believe them they consider you unreasonable.

How do you square that circle?

https://uncoverdc.com/2021/03/31/sidney-powells-legal-defense-dominates-dominion/

Again the media takes it completely out of context

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Rather than one liners and a link could you point out what your well researched article/YouTube video is saying in your own words and how it backs up whatever point you are trying to make.

The same old rhetoric and disingenuous argument.

Having a woman of colour as Vice President is something that in other circumstances should be celebrated.
    But this is a clear case of tokenism when looked at in a broader context.

Kamala Harris's campaign to run for the Democratic Presidential nomination was a disaster.
    Harris said in 2019 that she “believed” women who accused Biden of offences ranging from inappropriate touching to rape.
    Harris attacked Biden during the primaries for his close partnership in the senate with southern segregationists.

In short, she didn't do anything to endear herself to Biden or demonstrate that she had significant broad support based on her own merits as a candidate.

Harris bucked the trend of a presidential contender picking a running mate who came up runner-up, or at least was a serious contender, in the party’s primary contest.
    The only reason that she was brought back to be VP was because as a woman of colour, Harris kills two birds with one stone by ticking both the gender and race boxes.

The only reason Pence was picked was because he was white christian male.

Palin was picked to generate a surprise. VPs are always selected for some reason to aid the candidate.

There is nothing different about Harris, except that you seem to have an issue with her being female and colour.

https://www.cnn.om/2021/04/03/politics/what-matters-april-2/index.html

Ya biden is a real winner concerning the chaos at the border. I don't see Jill biden bringing them cookies like she did with the national guard. Obviously not such a good photo op. Big ass men love cookies, little kids not so much

• Advertisement

Ah QAnon followers/believers some of the true mentally challenged.

Ya biden is a real winner concerning the chaos at the border. I don't see Jill biden bringing them cookies like she did with the national guard. Obviously not such a good photo op. Big ass men love cookies, little kids not so much

Have you parked the 'everyone knows fraud' for the time being? Or the Georgia voting law, or media bias?

So whats the new outrage? Something about cookies and Jill Biden.

Jill ain't baking cookies for everyone :pac:

The horror :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it clear if even some of the children are accompanied by their parents or separated?
    As of Wednesday, there were 4,966 children in Customs and Border Protection custody and 13,204 children in Health and Human Services custody, data released by the government shows.

The Biden administration could need at least 34,100 additional beds to keep up with the projected number of unaccompanied kids arriving at the border through September, according to internal government estimates obtained by CNN.

So what's driving these record numbers? And was the Biden administration prepared? What will it take to improve the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-democratic-sheriff-slams-biden-immigration-policy-cost-placing-migrants-county-1580880
    Val Verde County, Texas, Sheriff Joe Frank Martinez said Friday that "criminal aliens" are flooding across the U.S. southern border from Central and South American countries, diminishing the ability of his deputies to help anyone other than Border Patrol.

Speaking with Fox Business Network, the Democratic sheriff warned that immigrants who entered the country illegally are being released back into "law abiding communities," no matter what local law enforcement is doing to increase border apprehensions.

Martinez said three-quarters of his deputies are too busy helping U.S. Border Patrol officers that they are unable to assist the citizens of Val Verde County in Texas.

normakelle wrote:
    Do you realise you are not coming across as very smart?
    Like if you believe all the stuff you are posting then I pity you.
    I think you do believe it rather than it's just an agenda you have.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Do you realise you are not coming across as very smart?
    Like if you believe all the stuff you are posting then I pity you.
    I think you do believe it rather than it's just an agenda you have.

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen and biden is an absolute nightmare. Between his identity policy and race baiting, chaos at the border, his warmongering. His cheat sheet. Avoiding press conferences and then making a mess of it. Poor soul getting knocked down by a gust of wind.

Racism is the buzz word of the year anything the radical left don't agree with is termed racist whether it makes sense or not.

I thought his agenda was to unite the country 🀔 Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

Also in Oakland ca any poc that earns less than 59,000 can apply for a grant of 500 a month to spend on whatever they want for 18 months and as we all know poor white people don't exist. And of course that's not racist.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. So I will leave it there and time will tell how things work out but to date I am far from impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen and biden is an absolute nightmare. Between his identity policy and race baiting, chaos at the border, his warmongering. His cheat sheet. Avoiding press conferences and then making a mess of it. Poor soul getting knocked down by a gust of wind.

Racism is the buzz word of the year anything the radical left don't agree with is termed racist whether it makes sense or not.

I thought his agenda was to unite the country �� Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

Also in Oakland ca any poc that earns less than 59,000 can apply for a grant of 500 a month to spend on whatever they want for 18 months and as we all know poor white people don't exist. And of course that's not racist.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. So I will leave it there and time will tell how things work out but to date I am far from impressed

Where is the actual evidence it was stolen?
    60 plus court cases say otherwise.
    Including the Supreme Court of the USA.

He won because trump was so dreadful.

Yes I genuinely believe the election was stolen

And there's your problem - belief rather than verifiable facts. Not one of the links you dumped contains any real evidence to support your claim. You can believe anything you like but the fact is that Biden won the election and you need to accept reality sooner or later.

• Advertisement

I thought his agenda was to unite the country �� Now putting Asians in the equation but statistics speak for themselves it seems to be black people attacking them. But then black people cannot be racists go figure.

So Biden fixed the election but even the right leaning supreme court didn't even believe it. :pac:

Advertisement