Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Bambi wrote: »
    Is Joe building the wall?

Is someone going to be along to explain why thats completely different to the Bad Orange Man building the wall?

just like the child cages 'he's not doing it out of hate so its better' the most brain damaged answer of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is someone going to be along to explain why thats completely different to the Bad Orange Man building the wall?

is he building the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

just like the child cages 'he's not doing it out of hate so its better' the most brain damaged answer of all time.

The difference has been explained to you multiple times.

Each time, you leave this thread, then come back with the same.

Why is that?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

everlast75 wrote: »
    The difference has been explained to you multiple times.

Each time, you leave this thread, then come back with the same.

Why is that?

Because he's a sh*tposter. That's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

is he building the wall?

Walls, bridges and roads.
    Infrastructure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

is he building the wall?

Unlike some posters in this thread, whos interest in US politics seems to preclude them from posting about anything else, I tend not to pay too much attention to a lot of US politics. However the media is reporting that the President is carrying on with his predecessors controversial wall.

I'd imagine there will soon be a chorus of disapproval from some of the aforementioned posters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Unlike some posters in this thread, whos interest in US politics seems to preclude them from posting about anything else, I tend not to pay too much attention to a lot of US politics. However the media is reporting that the President is carrying on with his predecessors controversial wall.

I'd imagine there will soon be a chorus of disapproval from some of the aforementioned posters :)

So you're pleading ignorance for not knowing about a topic that you want to discuss?
    And you're having a dig at people for discussing things that interest them?

Which position makes most sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Of course he isn't, pull your head out of your hole

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So you're pleading ignorance for not knowing about a topic that you want to discuss?
    And you're having a dig at people for discussing things that interest them?

Which position makes most sense?

I'm not pleading ignorance, pay attention. I'm stating that my interest in this topic is proportional to that of someone who does not live in the US

Presidents Biden intention to carry on with the wall is widely reported in the press now so, like a few others, I look forward to the reaction of posters who's level of interest in the topic is quite intense for people who don't live in the US. Many of them have previously been voiciferous in the opposition to walls and immigration control, it will be interesting to see if they maintain that level of righteous indignation. :)

Is there anything else that you need cleared up?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a matter of time, and once it starts being built again it will be called "repairs".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm not pleading ignorance, pay attention. I'm stating that my interest in this topic is proportional to that of someone who does not live in the US

Presidents Biden intention to carry on with the wall is widely reported in the press now so, like a few others, I look forward to the reaction of posters who's level of interest in the topic is quite intense for people who don't live in the US. Many of them have previously been voiciferous in the opposition to walls and immigration control, it will be interesting to see if they maintain that level of righteous indignation. :)

Is there anything else that you need cleared up?

Controlling immigration is a popular policy in America as it is in most countries.

People just wanted to focus on Trump and had a personal dislike for him. They didn't actually care about the issues or the policies.

They faked an interest in the needs of immigrants.

Controlling immigration is a popular policy in America as it is in most countries.

People just wanted to focus on Trump and had a personal dislike for him. They didn't actually care about the issues or the policies.

They faked an interest in the needs of immigrants.

If the first sentence of your post is true, then the last 2 are false.

The last guy set the agenda for how immigration was discussed with his simple rhetoric of 'Build the wall' coupled with his reference that the people coming were criminals and racists.

If Biden is continuing to build portions of the wall, or whatever (can understand why he would) it shows once more as to just how badly Trump handled it, going so far as to shut down the government in an attempt to get funding for it (Aside from the fact that he had already said that Mexico was going to pay for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If the first sentence of your post is true, then the last 2 are false.

The last guy set the agenda for how immigration was discussed with his simple rhetoric of 'Build the wall' coupled with his reference that the people coming were criminals and racists.

If Biden is continuing to build portions of the wall, or whatever (can understand why he would) it shows once more as to just how badly Trump handled it, going so far as to shut down the government in an attempt to get funding for it (Aside from the fact that he had already said that Mexico was going to pay for it).

There's no doubt Trump heightened existing negative attitudes to Latino immigrants but the policy of stopping as many immigrants coming to America is a cross party policy, that most Americans support.

They just didn't like the way Trump talked about it, but the policy is still pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

There's no doubt Trump heightened existing negative attitudes to Latino immigrants but the policy of stopping as many immigrants coming to America is a cross party policy, that most Americans support.

They just didn't like the way Trump talked about it, but the policy is still pretty much the same.

You’re conflating objectives and policies.

The objective is to reduce the number of illegal immigrants, the policies are how that is done.

Trump’s policies were rightly called out and criticised for being racist and xenophobic and despite all that largely ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

People smugglers. "Pay us $8,000 and we will get you to America".

Illegal immigrant. "That's all we have, why would I part with my life savings"?

People smugglers. "This is why"

Illegal immigrant. "Shut up and take my money"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Good speech and well delivered. Fair play to Joe. Thanks for putting that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Unbelievable

How can people defend that

Unbelievable

How can people defend that

Are you serious?

Do you not understand the context in which that speech was made? That it was made to people who had being awarded citizenship.

Obviously, the people who published it looked to create a narrative with the inclusion of the word 'Bumbling' in the title. There was no bumbling, and it was an entirely appropriate message for those it was directed at.

You are probably like those in the comments of the video who think that it was being made while looking over the border wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Obviously, the people who published it looked to create a narrative with the inclusion of the word 'Bumbling' in the title. .

Ah "The Sun", guess it's an easy way to get clicks from dumb Trumpists.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did you actually listen to his speech before posting that nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Are you serious?

Do you not understand the context in which that speech was made? That it was made to people who had being awarded citizenship.

Obviously, the people who published it looked to create a narrative with the inclusion of the word 'Bumbling' in the title. There was no bumbling, and it was an entirely appropriate message for those it was directed at.

You are probably like those in the comments of the video who think that it was being made while looking over the border wall.
    That bastion of honesty, The Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

So the ATF is now the AFT according to Biden, the gaffes continue, along with referring to VP Harris as the President on more than one occasion according to Joe, but I guess that's not a sign of anything, failed to correct himself to I might add. Just imagine if the orange man said this, it would be breaking news on CNN all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So the ATF is now the AFT according to Biden, the gaffes continue, along with referring to VP Harris as the President on more than one occasion according to Joe, but I guess that's not a sign of anything, failed to correct himself to I might add. Just imagine if the orange man said this, it would be breaking news on CNN all week.

When Joe says something like "Windmills give you cancer" come back to me.

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

everlast75 wrote:

Don't forget the whole disinfectant thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

everlast75 wrote: »

Ffs

Never referred to Mike Pence as the president, try harder

Never referred to Mike Pence as the president, try harder

He was referring to Harris as the President of the Senate which she is..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What do you think it all means? And what should be done about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Things are certainly much quieter theses days in the White House, much less Twitter noise :)

Advertisement