Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Garth handing out those mask free hugs and kisses, could wipe out 5 ex presidents with that show of affection:)

I'd imagine the ex president and spouses have received their vaccines by now.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

James going down well. Needs to unsuck that lemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,000 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm not looking forward to this, not because of Joe Biden, but years of gombeen nonsense ahead from the likes of Ballina, Irish media, RTE"s Brian o Donavan, exploding in excitement and various Irish politicians falling over themselves to get to Washington for vomit enducing photo ops.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

I can't quite believe the amount of people at this event.

Yes, the new administration have done a great job keeping the numbers down and everyone wearing masks. Watch the numbers of covid cases drop as the population take example from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The first news conference by the Biden Press Secretary is on later tonight. I can confidently predict it will be nothing like the first one 4 years ago when Sean Spicer lied through his teeth about inauguration crowd size!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thought Biden's speech was great. Not quite as great as some of the crying from Trumpers in this thread so far, but that's on a whole other level. Off to therapy with ye, folks. Donald is gone. it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

The best of luck to President Biden, American and the World can only look forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to this, not because of Joe Biden, but years of gombeen nonsense ahead from the likes of Ballina, Irish media, RTE"s Brian o Donavan, exploding in excitement and various Irish politicians falling over themselves to get to Washington for vomit enducing photo ops.
    Whatever keeps that vital American money flowing into the country. Just nod and smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You can't believe anything that is happening today.

But it's happening, Trump is gone and President Biden is in Office.

Lol

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The first news conference by the Biden Press Secretary is on later tonight. I can confidently predict it will be nothing like the first one 4 years ago when Sean Spicer lied through his teeth about inauguration crowd size!
    Yeah but Trumps was bigger :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭caddy16

yop wrote: »
    James going down well. Needs to unsuck that lemon
    Who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Who was on RTE and what was said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I'd say Catriona is glad to get outta that one. She was waiting for James Conor to drop another bomb....his mic was definitely switched off...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Opportunity for some comedy if they say something along the lines of it being the lowest number of attendees at the Capitol for an inauguration ever... Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Wow, RTE round up images at the end of their coverage left out Joe Biden! Predictable? Maybe... they do like a good technical glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

caddy16 wrote: »
    Who is he?

James Connor.
    Republicans overseas or bitter republicans abroad or something .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Disappointed there was no fly by, I always love seeing some fighter jets in formation and I didnt get my fix at the Bray Air Show last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Biden is about as inspiring as a block of cement and is not the man that has the ability to unite America. However, if him being President does good things for Irish American relations then it is a win for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Obama working the stage now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Overheal wrote: »
    A benediction isn't congress making a law establishing a religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Politically in the US it's far easier to be openly gay than openly atheist.

Although we're in no position to give out as when Gilmore was Tanaiste he had to swear a religious oath on a Bible, and Michael D's inauguration was practically a mass without the communion.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biden is about as inspiring as a block of cement and is not the man that has the ability to unite America. However, if him being President does good things for Irish American relations then it is a win for us

What American President, in your life time, have you found inspiring?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gonad wrote: »
    Yes I seen that video of Trump before. Was a strange thing to say I agree. But what’s that got to do with videos of Biden touching and saying creepy things to kids?

Strange that you wouldn’t even acknowledge this

Mod:

Evidently reading the OP isn't your strong point. Don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,738 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Biden saying we did this, we'll do that.
    Big change from his predecessor's I did this, I'll do that, me, me, me, me, me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Must say it was great to see the Capitol with no Trump scum attacking it icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I can confidently predict it will be nothing like the first one 4 years ago when Sean Spicer lied through his teeth about inauguration crowd size!

Just following his boss' example, who's been lying about the size of his erections* his whole adult life! :pac:

* buildings ;)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Dempo1 wrote: »

It's started already. Virgin news in ballina....It will be a right dose listening to his cousin's banging on about him. Wait till the US tourists arrive in ballina, they're in for a shock....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Ill tell you what, if you're a vexillographer in the Washington area you can probably retire this week with all the money you've made:pac:

• Biden is about as inspiring as a block of cement and is not the man that has the ability to unite America. However, if him being President does good things for Irish American relations then it is a win for us

It will be a quieter presidency. He has a capable team who he will listen and trust their advice to make informed decisions.

He won't fire anyone who has a difference of opinion and think he knows better than experts with some God complex. His predecessor viewed differences of opinion as being tlthe same as disloyal.

• Advertisement

• UsBus wrote: »
    It's started already. Virgin news in ballina....It will be a right dose listening to his cousin's banging on about him. Wait till the US tourists arrive in ballina, they're in for a shock....!!

That ****e sickens me! Lad on the news had to just say "I know him personally"

At the same times you have the locals in Doonbeg saying Trump is welcome any time no matter what.

Then in 2016 we had articles all over the papers about Pences roots.

Advertisement