Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,639 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to this, not because of Joe Biden, but years of gombeen nonsense ahead from the likes of Ballina, Irish media, RTE"s Brian o Donavan, exploding in excitement and various Irish politicians falling over themselves to get to Washington for vomit enducing photo ops.

I have a solution for you - don't watch it. Imagine all the things you could get done with the time you'd save whinging about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Dunno where you heard that. The charges against several of them are specifically for conspiracy, the planning and organising charge. And the woman who was shot was a former Capitol riot response officer.

? An actual insurrection is not a few people it's an army. 1916, now there's an insurrection. A few weirdos in Washington is not an insurrection in my book anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have a solution for you - don't watch it. Imagine all the things you could get done with the time you'd save whinging about it.

Also, other channels are available.

When RTE goes into paddywhackery mode, channel up...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Thought Biden's speech was great. Not quite as great as some of the crying from Trumpers in this thread so far, but that's on a whole other level. Off to therapy with ye, folks. Donald is gone. it's over.

Biden was as boring and uninspiring as Trump was idiotic and infuriating imo. We were truly spoilt with OBamas public speaking ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not looking forward to this, not because of Joe Biden, but years of gombeen nonsense ahead from the likes of Ballina, Irish media, RTE"s Brian o Donavan, exploding in excitement and various Irish politicians falling over themselves to get to Washington for vomit enducing photo ops.

Ireland as whole will be prostrate when the official visit is laid on for later this year. It'll be appalling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

That ****e sickens me! Lad on the news had to just say "I know him personally"

At the same times you have the locals in Doonbeg saying Trump is welcome any time no matter what.

Then in 2016 we had articles all over the papers about Pences roots.

Its less ridiculous for Biden i think, he's very vocal about his Irish roots. It was embarrassing with Obama etc and resembled the British and their "Special Relationship" $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

Good luck with "unining the nation" uncle joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I thought Biden gave a great speech there. Nice to see a bit of normality and competence back in the white house.
    American in general go overboard with the greatest democracy in the world schtick, but I thought Biden got the tone just right in terms of hope with realism.

Loved the fact that Trump didn't get a mention...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If Biden accepts gay marriage, abortion, then he doesn't adhere to Catholic beliefs.

You're stuck in the last century boyo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Biden is about as inspiring as a block of cement and is not the man that has the ability to unite America. However, if him being President does good things for Irish American relations then it is a win for us

Jesus could come to America with Mohammed as his sidekick and he wouldn't unite America. Nobody could do that. But Biden shouldn't be too polarising at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Now I expect China will take back Taiwan with America's blessing. And we won't hear another word about the genocide of the Uyghars.

Heard much about it for the last 4 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,000 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

flazio wrote: »
    Whatever keeps that vital American money flowing into the country. Just nod and smile.

I've heard there's planning in already for the Biden Plaza at the roundabout just outside ballina :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Seanergy wrote: »

Hillarious, poor Katrina Perry, anyone remember tge Odious Trump drooling over her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

CFlat wrote: »
    Ill tell you what, if you're a vexillographer in the Washington area you can probably retire this week with all the money you've made:pac:

Oh, look at me, I’m CFlat and I know big words. La-de-da.

:pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I was surprised to see a little bit of balance there from RTE, a little bit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Congratulations Mr President from one good catholic Irishman to another.

All the very best to you and your administration

Seems I'm not alone in my distant for this gombeen nonsense, no whinging here, just a weak stomach and nausea

Oh, look at me, I’m CFlat and I know big words. La-de-da.

:pac: :P

Flag maker. Popular profession in the north east of our island

• Advertisement

Seanergy wrote: »

Jaysus. Who is the James that she mentions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve been watching since ten to four and you know what I can’t believe I’m saying this but fair play to Mike pence for turning up. Lady gaga did a good anthem which can be over the top at times. I’ve no idea what J-Lo said in Spanish but she gave it welly after it.

I had only said the same about Pence to my missus. No matter what we may think of him it took a decent amount of bottle for him to show up like that. He put himself into an impossible position in fairness but he had the courtesy to be the bigger man in this case.

Flag maker. Popular profession in the north east of our island

I know, I was joking.
    Tippex wrote: »
    I had only said the same about Pence to my missus. No matter what we may think of him it took a decent amount of bottle for him to show up like that. He put himself into an impossible position in fairness but he had the courtesy to be the bigger man in this case.

Pence might be a dope but he’s still statesmanlike.

Some veteran who lives in Limerick. Clearly had limited options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When all is said n done

Tis great to have an Irish catholic in the White House lads

One of our own !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Beasty wrote: »
    The current Trump v Biden thread is approaching 10k posts. A dedicated thread may be required if there is significant trouble surrounding the inauguration itself.

Going forward we already have a new thread on Trump. This thread is to discuss Biden, not Trump. It's to cover his first 100 days and beyond.

Anyone making references such as "Sleepy Joe" and the like will be threadbanned in addition to possible further sanction. There is no need for any of that sort of stuff - this is to discuss his presidency. His policies. His interactions with Congress, the Senate, State Governors, other Governments. It's not to discuss the likes of Hunter Biden. Keep this thread clean from all that other crap.

But it was okay to call trump everything under the sun for the last 4 years and accuse him of everything on the trump presidency thread ????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I was surprised to see a little bit of balance there from RTE, a little bit...

You're funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

But it was okay to call trump everything under the sun for the last 4 years and accuse him of everything on the trump presidency thread ????????????????
    Why, are there credible links which assert that Biden has dementia?

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    ? An actual insurrection is not a few people it's an army. 1916, now there's an insurrection. A few weirdos in Washington is not an insurrection in my book anyway.

Probably more people took part in the DC 'insurrection' than the rising in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I've heard there's planning in already for the Biden Plaza at the roundabout just outside ballina :)

Just so long as he gets rid of the insufferable fellow that hangs around with 4/5 cousin I don't care.

Is Guantanamo Bay still open for business?

Is that the Republicans Abroad lad james conner that was on before election spouting pro Trump shyte ?

As BA would say "I pity the ****."

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement