Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,442 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There was a time when people criticised and hated all politicians.

But when it comes to America, people seem to be so one sided, it just looks irrational.

Complains about being asked about Trump then engages in the same tone of activity.

Cant say I saw much of any time you hated and criticized Trump? To the others question then if this is your hallmark: where are your comments about the dangling of Pardons by Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Overheal wrote: »
    Complains about being asked about Trump then engages in the same tone of activity.

Nope I'm questioning your blind faith.

Cant say I saw much of any time you hated and criticized Trump? To the others question then if this is your hallmark: where are your comments about the dangling of Pardons by Trump?

Oh back to questions about Trump. I'm out.

What blind faith? You haven’t demonstrated any. You should verify you have a leg to stand on.

You have blind hatred for CNN but can't back up why that is with facts and evidence.

• Advertisement

Oh back to questions about Trump. I'm out.

Well Hotmail you just said your expectation is for us to hate and criticize all politicians. Just 2 posts ago or there about. So it should be an easy question for you to stop avoiding?

Running is an option to for those with legs only suited for running - and not standing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's really an insufferable thread whenever you write up something you get a question back about Trump.

Do you realise how silly it looks now at this stage?

I think it's your history that gets that reaction. You spent years ignoring and downplaying Trump's behaviour and questioning people's interests in US politics. Like it or not, you are bound to that standard. Your new found concern for standards isn't credible in light of that history, even if you happen to be correct in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

There was a time when people criticised and hated all politicians.
    There was never a time when this happened.

I think it's your history that gets that reaction. You spent years ignoring and downplaying Trump's behaviour and questioning people's interests in US politics. Like it or not, you are bound to that standard. Your new found concern for standards isn't credible in light of that history, even if you happen to be correct in this instance.

Trump was bad.

Does this clarify matters?

Trump was bad.

Does this clarify matters?

Blood from a stone!

Now you’ll have to explain why that dangling of pardons got so little effort and much consternation from your but Biden calling the family while the jury is securely sequestered has you out in arms.

• Advertisement

Blood from a stone!

Now you’ll have to explain why that dangling of pardons got so little effort and much consternation from your but Biden calling the family while the jury is securely sequestered has you out in arms.

This isn't a Trump thread. I don't want to derail the thread.

Oh, that must be it.

You're aware though that it seems like you cherry pick the few things that you personally feel Biden has done wrong? You never seem to be around to comment when Biden does an objectively good thing. Almost as if you have a confirmation bias to focus on those few things, some might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's really an insufferable thread whenever you write up something you get a question back about Trump.

Do you realise how little people care about folk that sat on their hands, with their mouths shut when *the* most egregious malcontent strutted around and shat all over the constitution and various arms of state, with obstruction of justice being the order of the day, dangling pardons, multiple attempts at bullying judges, tainting jury pools and said **** all?

The same folk who now emerge from under their rocks to crack their knuckles, type as quickly as they can, whilst simultaneously clutching their pearls, regarding any slight issue they perceive to have with the current administration?

Give me a break. It's rank hypocrisy. You can pretend it is otherwise but you're fooling no one.

If you didn't call it then, then you have no credibility trying to call it now.

And by the way, I wouldn't mind if the usual suspects stuck around and debated the issues. Usually however, it's the equivalent of someone walking into a room, letting rip with a 10 second fart, and walking out to let others suffer the presence of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I don't agree with hotmail much but he's right here

I despise Trump and the GOP and think Biden's done a good job since he was sworn in but this constant need to refer to Trump every time someone says anything remotely negative aboit Joe is f*cking boring at this stage

Billy Mays wrote: »

I despise Trump and the GOP and think Biden's done a good job since he was sworn in but this constant need to refer to Trump every time someone says anything remotely negative aboit Joe is f*cking boring at this stage

I'm sure if I did a word search for "Obama" in the Trump threads I'd find no pattern there? "Bush" in the Obama threads? "Clinton" in the Bush threads?

Trying to kick water for flowing down there.

I'm sure if I did a word search for "Obama" in the Trump threads I'd find no pattern there? "Bush" in the Obama threads? "Clinton" in the Bush threads?

Trying to kick water for flowing down there.

Trump with his "lock her up" for 5 ****ing years ringing any bells?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump with his "lock her up" for 5 ****ing years ringing any bells?

"Mr. Trump was opining in his personal capacity..."

I agree to an extent but it's also useful to point out when a user ignored/defended/downplayed actions by Trump that they pretend to be concerned about now. I don't like whataboutery myself and will happily criticise Biden and his administration without referring to Trump but I can understand the temptation to do so when you have posters showing up like pious priests being dismayed all of a sudden at something that is only a fraction of the transgressions committed by the person they spent years backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I agree to an extent but it's also useful to point out when a user ignored/defended/downplayed actions by Trump that they pretend to be concerned about now. I don't like whataboutery myself and will happily criticise Biden and his administration without referring to Trump but I can understand the temptation to do so when you have posters showing up like pious priests being dismayed all of a sudden at something that is only a fraction of the transgressions committed by the person they spent years backing.
    I agree with that but does it have to be pointed out every single time they make a post?

Are people still going to be pointing it out in 3 years time if hotmail says something negative about Biden?

• Advertisement

I agree with that but does it have to be pointed out every single time they make a post?

Are people still going to be pointing it out in 3 years time if hotmail says something negative about Biden?

OP says "dogs are bastards"

You post - "I agree - they are bastards"

OP replies - "no they are not - dogs are great"

Now, are you going to re to ignore the poster's previous position?

No.

This is an oversimplification but it is to make the point.

Poster says nothing for 5 years and then raises an issue when Trump is gone.

It goes to credibility.

It goes to sincerity.

It goes to whether or not it is worthwhile debating with that person.

So, with Trump having been around for 5 long ****ing years only being out of office 3 months, frankly I think it's fair game to point out that some folk had no issue with Trump doing one thing, and Biden allegedly doing something minuscule by comparison.

Anyway, verdict is in.

This might be the shortest scandal in presidential history.

Probably. I would prefer that it not be as an excuse for Biden's missteps but I also see the importance of not letting people wash off their Trump stench as they try to reinvent themselves as people of integrity.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Until they acknowledge some inconsistencies in that it was ok when their guy did it but not ok when this guy does it.

They don't get to become moral, ethical citizens just because their guy isn't in office anymore. They absolutely deserve to have this sh*t called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

On this Trump stuff, it’s very fair to compare stuff that both did as they both are dealing with the same things, especially this early in Biden's tenure, the world hasn’t changed in 3 months so there is definitely plenty of reason to make comparisons. If the comparisons were constantly with Bush or Clinton it would be different but it’s absolutely fair to compare the two.

salmocab wrote: »
    On this Trump stuff, it’s very fair to compare stuff that both did as they both are dealing with the same things, especially this early in Biden's tenure, the world hasn’t changed in 3 months so there is definitely plenty of reason to make comparisons. If the comparisons were constantly with Bush or Clinton it would be different but it’s absolutely fair to compare the two.

And it's literally the same criminal case. Both presidents have opined on it in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And it's literally the same criminal case. Both presidents have opined on it in public.

except biden waited until the jury had been sequestered.

salmocab wrote: »

I wouldn't compare them. It's like comparing a 6 year old sociopath to a first-team team player at Man Utd in terms of football - it's great that he isn't whinging and acting like an ass all the time but the comparison isn't as useful as that with his peers. On the other hand, if someone spent the last 4 years dismissing complaints about the suitability of the six year old, then it's fair to bring that up when they complain about the adult's ability to kick the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Really cringeworthy speech by Biden just now.
    Complete virtue signalling and race baiting.

Very disappointing to see the head of the country saying that there is systemic racism in America.
    He mentioned Georges's legacy and also said that George changed the world.

Its this melodramatic virtue signalling that is destroying the US.
    George Floyd was not a good man, but he didn't deserve what he got, but he is no saint.
    There are 800000 police in the US, the vast majority do a good job, lets not tar them all with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

except biden waited until the jury had been sequestered.

i''m jumping in here but the jury was never sequestered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Take the point about them being sequestered but surely he is adding unnecessary fuel to the fire here.

There is already a tense situation in that state and he was best to allow the courts to do their job.

Mind boggling.

Your mind is fierce easy to boggle these days.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement