Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

walshb wrote: »
    Fine.

Answer is no...

More confirmation bias. I have not answered your question and you have assumed the answer is the one you want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

More confirmation bias. I have not answered your question and you have assumed the answer is the one you want to hear.

Silly games really.

Why you won’t answer one single query from me is odd..

I won’t discount the articles based off a yes/no to the question..

It comes across to me that a no answer somehow has you feeling on the defensive...and that is not my intention ..

Chat later..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Stopping black people in the course of doing your job is racism?

And just because black people are stopped more as a percentage comparison...

Does black cops stopping black people get factored in with all these systemic stats and figures..?

If black people are more likely to die from homicide, be in jail and be "stopped more as a percentage comparison", who or what is responsible for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Oh, I see. And you have all this data and proof that the ONLY reason for a lot of these stops was the cops saying “black person, must stop/challenge.”

No chance that the cops had any other reason other than color?

So, how is all this clear racism being allowed?

Are the cops breaking the law every time they stop a black persons only because he/she is black? You seem to know this is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OmKetp_F9s&ab_channel=CBCNews%3ATheNational

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more on the subject of systemic racism and racial profiling.

Silly games really.

Why you won’t answer one single query from me is odd..

I won’t discount the articles based off a yes/no to the question..

It comes across to me that a no answer somehow has you feeling on the defensive...and that is not my intention ..

Because you're not going to read the paper regardless of the answer.

And, more importantly, the point you think you are making is not a point at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Oh, I see. And you have all this data and proof that the ONLY reason for a lot of these stops was the cops saying “black person, must stop/challenge.”

No chance that the cops had any other reason other than color?

So, how is all this clear racism being allowed?

Are the cops breaking the law every time they stop a black persons only because he/she is black? You seem to know this is happening.

A lot of strawmen there so I’m not going to reply to to questions on things I never claimed.

If black people are more likely to die from homicide, be in jail and be "stopped more as a percentage comparison", who or what is responsible for this?

I’d say there are several factors to bring about what you describe here..

Smee_Again wrote: »
    A lot of strawmen there so I’m not going to reply to to questions on things I never claimed.

You said stopping people for nothing but their skin color is racism..

I wondered how you knew that this was happening/verified: how you knew that these stops were only performed because of the skin color..

You haven’t shown me why..

Nothing at all to do with strawman..

I’d say there are several factors to bring about what you describe here..

Sure. Care to suggest a few?

Sure. Care to suggest a few?

No.

No idea why you are asking me this..

You name a few..

Am I right that you want to paint a narrative that it’s down to racist cops, systemic police racism?

• Advertisement

You said stopping people for nothing but their skin color is racism..

I wondered how you knew that this was happening/verified: how you knew that these stops were only performed because of the skin color..

You haven’t shown me why..

Nothing at all to do with strawman..

Ah, OK fair enough I did.

Then the answer to that question is yes. That is included in the study and people are stopped based on the colour of their skin.

Ah, OK fair enough I did.

Then the answer to that question is yes. That is included in the study and people are stopped based on the colour of their skin.

Can you share this study, please?

Can you share this study, please?

Already have.

Already have.

To me?

What post number is it?

Ok, post 5813....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Am I right that you want to paint a narrative that it’s down to racist cops, systemic police racism?

https://abc7news.com/oakland-police-opd-racial-profiling-traffic-stops/6414305/

I can do this all day
    Black men were eight times more likely to be stopped by police than White men and three times more likely to be stopped than Hispanic men

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

biko wrote: »
    Has Kamala the border czar even visited the border yet?

The answer is of course no.

Don’t know, think the border with Canada is closed?
    Maybe she doesn’t have time for a photo opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

weisses wrote: »

Black lives only seem to matter when it's white people killing blacks. Black on black crime which a massive problem in America is largely ignored.

Black people need to have an honest conversation with themselves about the ridiculous amount of homicides within their own communities and stop acting like the world owes them a favour.

If black lives matter they have to matter ALL the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Black lives only seem to matter when it's white people killing blacks. Black on black crime which a massive problem in America is largely ignored.

Black people need to have an honest conversation with themselves about the ridiculous amount of homicides within their own communities and stop acting like the world owes them a favour.

So, why are you piping in, as a white man, if that's a conversation they need to have amongst themselves?

Oh... that's right. It's because you feel uncomfortable when white people being racist are called out on it.

Now, why on earth would *you* feel uncomfortable about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

everlast75 wrote: »
    So, why are you piping in, as a white man, if that's a conversation they need to have amongst themselves?

Oh... that's right. It's because you feel uncomfortable when white people being racist are called out on it.

Now, why on earth would *you* feel uncomfortable about that?

All yts are racist everlast, All of them.

No.

No idea why you are asking me this..

You name a few..

So you talk about racism but have no opinion as to why it exists. Okie dokie.

• Advertisement

So you talk about racism but have no opinion as to why it exists. Okie dokie.

I have no idea what you’re talking about..

Your last few posts..

I have no idea what you’re talking about..

Your last few posts..

You don't understand? No problem.

Why does this happen in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

You are right. There is a massive problem of black on black violent crime. It needs to be looked at and fixed. And a lot of that has to come from within the black community.

That does not mean that there is no issue with systemic racism and racial inequality. The fact that black people are over represented in numerous negative statistics around crime, health, education, wealth etc are all contributing factors to the rate at which black men are killing each other.

You don't understand? No problem.

I understand this thread and its discussion:

just not your out of the blue vague question..

Anyway, we’ll move on..

I understand this thread and its discussion:

just not your out of the blue vague question..

Anyway, we’ll move on..

Allow me to define. Thinking about the fact that more black people are jailed and murdered in the US than white people, is it because that's what black people do?

Allow me to define. Thinking about the fact that more black people are jailed and murdered in the US than white people, is it because that's what black people do?

Black people commit crime.
    White people commit crime
    All colors of people commit crime.

People commit crime. Such is life.

All people are jailed/dealt with if that is the judiciary’s position..

Black people commit crime.
    While people commit crime
    All colors of people commit crime.

People commit crime. Such is life.

All people are jailed/dealt with if that is the judiciary’s position..

Oh right. I'd hate to disturb such an eloquently simple understanding of American society, so I'll leave it with you.

Oh right. I'd hate to disturb such an eloquently simple understanding of American society, so I'll leave it with you.

Hahaha..

• Advertisement

Yes. It really is that simple..

You are simply digging too deep. With no need to.

Advertisement