Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hahaha..

Don't mock that poster. Not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Allow me to define. Thinking about the fact that more black people are jailed and murdered in the US than white people, is it because that's what black people do?
    walshb wrote: »
    Black people commit crime.
    White people commit crime
    All colors of people commit crime.

People commit crime. Such is life.

All people are jailed/dealt with if that is the judiciary’s position..

No, hang on.

What is, in your view, the reason why there is a higher rate of incarceration of black people?

It is accepted that all folk commit crime, but you might explain why you think there are more black people in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

everlast75 wrote: »
    No, hang on.

What is, in your view, the reason why there is a higher rate of incarceration of black people?

It is accepted that all folk commit crime, but you might explain why you think there are more black people in jail.

In addition to @weiss post about about Black men were eight times more likely to be stopped by police than White men and three times more likely to be stopped than Hispanic men. Explain that.

Explain why my 19 year old son, irishy redheaded young man doesn't have to worry much about getting pulled over for nothing while my black neighbor is constantly worried about his son the same age.

Explain why if I go to Walmart and on the way out the security guy at the exit gives me a nice nod and goodbye while a black guy has his bag and receipt checked (no matter if the security guard is black or white).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No, hang on.

Why are there more black people in prison percentage wise compared to white people:

Because percentage wise they are committing more crime and getting caught/convicted for these crimes?

Circa 35 percent prison pop in America are black

Circa 30 percent prison pop is white..

U.S. population is circa 65 percent white and 13/14 percent black.

Now, why do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So, why are you piping in, as a white man, if that's a conversation they need to have amongst themselves?

Because its easier to blame someone else as Critical Race Theory preaches.

It has now swept through the worlds of government and business to such an extent that the Irish and American governments – as well as all major corporations – are having to decide what attitude to take towards it.

Its practitioners believe that their ideas are not just important and vital but totalistic in their interpretation and applicability.
    They can in other words be rolled out everywhere.
    This has been achieved by the claim – which increased in volume year by year – that absolutely everything in life is racist.

These people ensured that rather than race being an increasingly unimportant factor, race became the primary, most important prism through which to look at everything.

In the last year since BLM rose to power, CRT has moved out into the mainstream.

At workplaces across the world, in Governments, in the media, on discussion forums, the offspring of this poisonous ideology is now everywhere.

Bosses and employees in government departments and private companies all over the world have repeatedly told their employees to “educate themselves” on race.

Nonsense like diversity training, unconscious bias training.

Essentially this is the old Marxist faith poured from the class bottle into the race-sex-gender one. Meaning is realised through struggle against those who commit wrong think.

Critical Race Theory was, from the start, an unremitting attack on Western institutions and norms in order to tear them down.

Biden has fully embraced Identity politics and Critical Race Theory.

Do you expect decent white people to sit idly be and be pillored for their so called white privilege and inherent bias ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

No, hang on.

I think there is an inability or an unwillingness to engage meaningfully by certain posters. I wouldn't waste time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,599 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So was all that Martin Luther King stuff I read about just based on him not really understanding things?

Biden is simply stoking up a race war because the minorites will win him the election? Wouldn't the majority, whites not feel under threat from such a tactic?

That the BLM movement is simply an overreaction?

Maybe the whole KKK was simply a few understood kids up to no good?

Or are those posters saying that systematic racism doesn't exist feel that all the racism f the past is now gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do you expect decent white people to sit idly be and be pillored for their so called white privilege and inherent bias ?

Aw the poor downtrodden white man. Let me get my tiny violin for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So was all that Martin Luther King stuff I read about just based on him not really understanding things?

Biden is simply stoking up a race war because the minorites will win him the election? Wouldn't the majority, whites not feel under threat from such a tactic?

That the BLM movement is simply an overreaction?

Maybe the whole KKK was simply a few understood kids up to no good?

Or are those posters saying that systematic racism doesn't exist feel that all the racism f the past is now gone?

one of them said exactly that. once the racist laws were struck from the books systemic racism ceased to exist in the U.S.

one of them said exactly that. once the racist laws were struck from the books racism ceased to exist in the U.S.

Who said “racism” ceased to exist once laws were changed/removed?

It is impossible to remove racism from humans..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

1 in 10 Black men are in prison in US, how is the problem "ignored" ?

Ignored in their own communities. You don't see mass protests or rallys for black people shot by black people in fact it's glorified by certain parts of the rap industry.

Who said “racism” ceased to exist once laws were changed/removed?

It is impossible to remove racism from humans..

i have updated my post.

i have updated my post.

Okey doke..

Firm believer in cooperation and diplomacy and meeting half way..

Best I’ll say here is to say that today things are far far better for all people in the U.S. as regards treatment and living, concerning skin color..

Far more tolerant society, different attitudes and far more intolerance from people to racism.

Laws changed. Nowhere is there any law that discriminates against color.

Systemic racism absolutely existed.

It is on its last legs now. Dying...not near the cancer it was due to the changes I have mentioned..

The way some people are trying to portray it as being so evident and so strong is flat out wrong, and dangerous.

FatherTed wrote: »
    In addition to @weiss post about about Black men were eight times more likely to be stopped by police than White men and three times more likely to be stopped than Hispanic men. Explain that.

Explain why my 19 year old son, irishy redheaded young man doesn't have to worry much about getting pulled over for nothing while my black neighbor is constantly worried about his son the same age.

Explain why if I go to Walmart and on the way out the security guy at the exit gives me a nice nod and goodbye while a black guy has his bag and receipt checked (no matter if the security guard is black or white).

It’s a bit odd to think that whites aren’t pulled over in the US. I was. However to deal with that your society should perhaps change the system to stop all cars being pulled over without probable cause, or a clear violation of the rules of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,599 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Right, Walshb, you accept it was bad, it has gotten better, but that there is still more work to do.

Is that a fair summation of your position?

fvp4 wrote: »
    It’s a bit odd to think that whites aren’t pulled over in the US. I was. However to deal with that your society should perhaps change the system to stop all cars being pulled over without probable cause, or a clear violation of the rules of traffic.

yeah, perhaps you should read a post before responding to it. nobody has suggested that whites don't get pulled over. that is just nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

yeah, perhaps you should read a post before responding to it. nobody has suggested that whites don't get pulled over. that is just nonsense.
    FatherTed wrote: »

This personal account seems to suggest just that.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Right, Walshb, you accept it was bad, it has gotten better, but that there is still more work to do.

Is that a fair summation of your position?

Bad.

Hugely improved.

Always work to be done...racism will forever be among humans.

Racism of all kinds.

Another issue that is with us now, that is quite worrying: the incessant digging and searching for racism and racist angles where they do not exist..

My god, folks now who may say/utter the most innocuous and inoffensive things can see them being hounded, slated and rounded on for displaying racism.

It has gone so OTT. So, racism is now being ridiculously diluted by people, because people now all have platforms and voices, and it’s one big cesspool of aggro.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    This personal account seems to suggest just that.

it really doesn't. maybe try reading it again.

it really doesn't. maybe try reading it again.

It does. Will I read it again and report back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

You probably should, and pay attention to what it actually says and not what you've decided it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think there is an inability or an unwillingness to engage meaningfully by certain posters. I wouldn't waste time.

Pot calling the kettle black, pardon the pun.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    You probably should, and pay attention to what it actually says and not what you've decided it says.

All done ya happy with my first interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Both sides can spend days posting links that support their sides..

Nothing is definitive.

Simple: cops target crime and criminals. Not colors..

End of story...

Why does it always come back to racism/systemic racism just because some statistics show certain colors being more involved day to day with cops?

Nothing is definitive but bla bla bla end of story? Uh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

All done ya happy with my first interpretation.

Just for me then because I must be a bit slow, will you quote where he says whites aren't pulled over in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »
    You actually claimed systemic racism existed today in the form of punishment for crime.

It does not. Penal labour is time limited involuntary servitude and not geared towards one race over another.
    Involuntary servitude is not slavery (that's why both phrases show in the amendment and not just the word slavery).

By the way, it's not "our" criminal justice system ;) You may be in US, but the rest of us are in Ireland.
    Our system banned penal labour 23 years ago. Our neighbour UK banned it in the 50s.
    The US need to catch up. Maybe chat to Kamala about abolishing it altogether?

Biko you’re a bright lad I take it you can parse when I mean “our” and whom I am referring to.

Winky face etc

He kinda did. Not that I care so much because it’s a different country and a totally different system. The sheer mind colonisation re the US is mind boggling.

knock yourself out.

fvp4 wrote: »
    He kinda did. Not that I care so much because it’s a different country and a totally different system. The sheer mind colonisation re the US is mind boggling.

the what now?

• Advertisement

the what now?

The colonisation of the non American mind by American culture, politics and news.

Advertisement