Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,426 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

he is making up for the mask that trump refuses to wear. just doing his bit.

Owning the Trumpers and playing 6D chess etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

he is making up for the mask that trump refuses to wear. just doing his bit.

Oh yeah. So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

EddieN75 wrote: »

He has a surgical mask on underneath and a color coded one for his suit.

Stylish guy joe.

Doesn't need fake tan, high heels, a corset and enough hairspray to defy gravity by curling his hair into a monstrosity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

salmocab wrote: »
    Whilst I’m guilty of getting involved I was wondering how the conversation made it to here. I’m sure it started with Biden but it’s quite the tangent.

I blame myself. I said cancel culture doesn’t exist in reply to someone whinging about it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

everlast75 wrote: »

Stylish guy joe.

Doesn't need fake tan, high heels, a corset and enough hairspray to defy gravity by curling his hair into a monstrosity.

Either that or he is wearing two masks because a dose of Covid could easily kill a man of his age. Just being extra careful and fabulously stylish of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

everlast75 wrote: »

Stylish guy joe.

He still looks handsome! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Either that or he is wearing two masks because a dose of Covid could easily kill a man of his age. Just being extra careful and fabulously stylish of course

Except he's vaccinated and his masks are there to prevent transmission, jfc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What’s actually your point here?

Option 1: he’s wearing 2 masks to be extra careful.

Option 2: He didn’t like the look of the surgical mask so he’s wearing one that matches his suit over it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these. Why are you making an issue out of it?

If only cancel culture did exist and we could cancel ridiculous posting.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Brian? wrote: »

Option 2: He didn’t like the look of the surgical mask so he’s wearing one that matches his suit over it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these. Why are you making an issue out of it?

because they have nothing else to criticise him for. It is just desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Giving his wife a dandelion and wearing two masks. Things must be very boring on Parler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Option 3 (aka MAGA 101) : masks show you're a weak cuck. Look at how powerful Trump was by ripping it off at the White House. Biden needs two - lol

Plenty of politicians have gone for the two mask approach, it's more effective in terms of limiting transmission. So basically you're annoyed by him having far more human decency than the previous guy..

Plenty of politicians have gone for the two mask approach, it's more effective in terms of limiting transmission. So basically you're annoyed by him having far more human decency than the previous guy..

I pointed out that the was wearing two masks in a picture.

I pondered why he might be wearing two masks.

I am neither annoyed nor pleased by it.

I pondered why he might be wear

What have you concluded from your pondering?

What have you concluded from your pondering?

Welcome back

I pondered why he might be wearing two masks.

I am neither annoyed nor pleased by it.

It was a pretty poorly informed conclusion since he's fully vaccinated and the fact masks primarily prevent transmission.

It was a pretty poorly informed conclusion since he's fully vaccinated and the fact masks primarily prevent transmission.

There was no definitive conclusion reached. Only a theory

Welcome back

Ehm, I posted in this thread 18 hours ago, but thank you.

So, why do you believe he was wearing two masks?

Ehm, I posted in this thread 18 hours ago, but thank you.

So, why do you believe he was wearing two masks?

To be stylish?

As pointed out by a poster.

To be fashionable.

To be stylish?

As pointed out by a poster.

To be fashionable.

So you won't be giving an honest answer to that question then?

• Advertisement

So you won't be giving an honest answer to that question then?

I'm unsure why someone would wear two masks. It's not something I have come across before. I can't give a definitive answer.

One poster said it's for the purpose of being stylish. Maybe it is

What are your thoughts on it?

I'm unsure why someone would wear two masks. It's not something I have come across before. I can't give a definitive answer.

You still don't understand why someone would wear two masks even though the below has been pointed out to you?

See above.

One poster said it's for the purpose of being stylish. Maybe it is

Here you go.. It's more effective so I imagine it was the primary motivation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/covid-19-double-masking-increases-protection-from-droplets-by-90-cdc-finds-1.4481473?mode=amp

You still don't understand why someone would wear two masks even though the below has been pointed out to you?

See above.

Plenty of politicians?
    I don't know about that.

I prefer the trying to be fashionable theory. More believable

This one.

Plenty of politicians?
    I don't know about that.

I prefer the trying to be fashionable theory. More believable

His chief medical adviser often wears two masks and studies show that is it beneficial. You believe what you want due to confirmation bias.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/well/live/double-masking-covid.amp.html

Pete and his husband wearing two masks too so not exactly unique to Biden..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/well/live/double-masking-covid.amp.html

Pete and his husband wearing two masks too so not exactly unique to Biden..

Both of their masks match their clothes. It's a fashion thing again. Look at the guy on the right. He got one to match his clothes perfectly. Very stylish.
    Unless it's purely coincidental but that's 3 from 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Both of their masks match their clothes. It's a fashion thing again. Look at the guy on the right. He got one to match his clothes perfectly. Very stylish.

What point are you trying to make?

Is it just because you wanted to virtue signal/dogwhistle about mentioning his age when you highlighted it first?

• Advertisement

Unless it's pire

How is it a fashion thing? Why are they wearing the white masks underneath?

Advertisement