Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

perhaps we should move this thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

How is it a fashion thing? Why are they wearing the white masks underneath?

The white mask is the medical mask. The outer mask is designed to match whatever outfit they are wearing for the day. They must have racks of masks at home to match their clothes choice of that particular day.
    Think of a tie rack but with masks
    It's a fashion thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Man theres an awful bang of desperation here.

EddieN75 wrote: »
    The white mask is the medical mask. The outer mask is designed to match whatever outfit they are wearing for the day. They must have racks of masks at home to match their clothes choice of that particular day.
    Think of a tie rack but with masks
    It's a fashion thing.

And what is a medical mask? And how is it different to a 3-layer fabric mask that you can buy for €5 in any colour you want?

I really hope for your sake that you are trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Plenty of politicians have gone for the two mask approach, it's more effective in terms of limiting transmission. So basically you're annoyed by him having far more human decency than the previous guy..

It's also recommended by the CDC.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    What point are you trying to make?

Is it just because you wanted to virtue signal/dogwhistle about mentioning his age when you highlighted it first?

I hadn't seen anyone wear two masks before. It was then pointed out that some people wear two so the outer one matches their clothes with the inner one being a medical mask.

Other posters have confirmed this by linking another two people doing same.

Thee is no dog whistle about age. When media and medical people say that older people are more vunrable do you scream dog whistle?
    Facts. Not outrage .no need to white knight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I hadn't seen anyone wear two masks before. It was then pointed out that some people wear two so the outer one matches their clothes with the inner one being a medical mask.

Why mention his age then?

Both of their masks match their clothes. It's a fashion thing again. Look at the guy on the right. He got one to match his clothes perfectly. Very stylish.
    Unless it's purely coincidental but that's 3 from 3.

Eh, I already provided you with proof that correctly wearing two masks has a greater efficacy than a single mask. This is the most likely reason they're doing so. If it was fashion, they could just wear the top mask... Pretty sure they can pretty easily get a custom medical grade mask if they want btw.

I'm starting to understand how there are still some people who don't know how to wear a mask correctly.

Eh, I already provided you with proof that correctly wearing two masks has a greater efficacy than a single mask. This is the most likely reason they're doing so. If it was fashion, they could just wear the top mask... Pretty sure they can pretty easily get a custom medical grade mask if they want btw.

Iv already agreed with you.

See my post above: The inner mask is a medical mask, the outer to match their clothes.....

• Advertisement

Thee is no dog whistle about age. When media and medical people say that older people are more vunrable do you scream dog whistle?

You ignored the increased efficacy of wearing two masks that is backed by the CDC. You've basically ignored facts and concluded they're making a fashion statement.

See my post above: The inner mask is a medical mask, the outer to match their clothes.....

You've been provided with plenty of proof that two masks are more effective.... So no, we do not agree and you know that. You're just being pretty silly.

In what way is the outer mask not a "medical mask"? Are you aware of what the second layer of a 3-layer fabric mask is?

I see Hillary and Condoleezza have come out against Biden's planned drawdown in Afghanistan.

Two good enemies to have.

Hopefully Biden actually goes ahead with it and that this isn't all a chapter on cute hoorism.

I see Hillary and Condoleezza have come out against Biden's planned drawdown in Afghanistan.

Hopefully Biden actually goes ahead with it and that this isn't all a chapter on cute hoorism.

It's good to see healthy debate on important policies again.

It's good to see healthy debate on important policies again.

When does it start?

One poster made a comment, crickets since.

The United States won't be withdrawing troops from Afghanistan in any great number. They are duty bound to stay there to prevent the region destabilising. Afghanistan is also a strategically important location.

The last guy talked about withdrawing and was met with disapproval.
    No surprise to see the move again met with disapproval

When does it start?

One poster made a comment, crickets since

So instead of debating the policy, you are asking why there is no debate about the policy? While also ignoring my previous question?

What is your opinion of the policy?

When does it start?

The healthy debate started when Hillary and Condolezza questioned Joe's policy on Afghanistan. It's as if someone recently opened the window and let fresh air in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When does it start?

Go start your own thread on BLM, cancel culture, or a tucker fan thread. I'll give you your first post for free...

So instead of debating the policy, you are asking why there is no debate about the policy? While also ignoring my previous question?

What is your opinion of the policy?

Its on the same comment that you quoted

Its on the same comment that you quoted

The post you subsequently edited?

• Advertisement

The post you subsequently edited?

Well yes. Obviously

Any thoughts on the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Remember last year when the last guy wore a mask that one time and all his supporters lost their minds and said how statesmanly he looked.

Funny how it changes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This one.

Ok, and?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 82,426 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade tries to badger a 6 year old for not giving Trump enough credit

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/brian-kilmeade-roasts-6th-grader-for-saying-biden-is-doing-a-better-job-than-trump-on-covid/

If a teacher acted like this they’d call it brainwashing

Brian? wrote: »
    Ok, and?

I was agreeing with your theory of the mask to match the suit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Susan Rice sulking also like Hilary and Condoleezza another wretched war monger.

If he goes through with it, fair play, but its easy to be skeptical, he's been an interventionist his whole career and sadly one of the few things that is bipartisan in America is forever war.

The Republicans will oppose vigorously despite 50% of their base supporting it:pac: while plenty of soft Dems will join in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My wife has a habit of wearing two. A white N95, more-formfitting one under a colored cloth one. It's not something which everyone does, but it's not unusual to the point of being remarkable either.

Last I heard, CDC recommended wearing two, with the bottom one being disposable.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/27/double-mask-variants-guidance/
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2021/01/28/wearing-two-masks-heres-what-you-should-know-double-masking/4295130001/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,426 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've also seen people wear a cloth mask in front of an N95.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

salmocab wrote: »
    Man theres an awful bang of desperation here.

It's just time wasting. There's nothing about Biden to point out that's truly a negative at present, because he's going about his job in a pretty boring and workmanlike fashion.

So bullshit has be created about wearing masks.

Who gives a crap how many masks he wears, except clowns trying to create some sort of (non) controversy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Advertisement