Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Suggesting other forum members are cult members because they are republicans is an outlandish claim.

You may not agree with posters political beliefs but you should not mock them as you would not like yours to be.

The Republican party is a cult.

Nearly 70% think the election was stolen ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I'm sure if biko is offended he'll say so or report me to the mods.

That'd be cancel culture in action though, wouldn't it?

Perhaps you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Overheal wrote: »
    Is that what the government polling says? Huh.

Nope, though they would approve I imagine. It was an international poll of 53 countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Here we clearly see cancel culture on a political level.
    You don't even know what Cancel Culture is

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I didn't point it out but it was Russia I was alluding to. I don't trust China either but I don't trust the US either.

You are talking history, in the present day with Putin in charge of Russia they are the biggest threat.

not exactly ancient history. and who knows what the US are up to right now. they prefer to do things covertly via the CIA. Russia are only a threat to those countries around them. the US prefer to spread their wings a lot further than their own borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

not exactly ancient history. and who knows what the US are up to right now. they prefer to do things covertly via the CIA. Russia are only a threat to those countries around them. the US prefer to spread their wings a lot further than their own borders.

Election interference...Solarwinds... Londongrad... You sure about who Russia threatens?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Election interference...Solarwinds... Londongrad... You sure about who Russia threatens?

Ok they've started to spread their wings a little. that doesn't diminish the threat from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brian? wrote: »
    Is Donald Trump a conservative? Serious question, do you actually consider him a conservative? Do you agree or disagree with Facebook’s ban?
    It is impossible to separate the overlap between conservatism and the Republican party because it has most traditionally served as the philosophical inspiration of the party’s members.

I don't agree with Facebook's ban because I don't think FB should be able to control political voices. Nor do I think they should be able to ban Biden.

biko wrote: »
    It is impossible to separate the overlap between conservatism and the Republican party because it has most traditionally served as the philosophical inspiration of the party’s members.

I don't agree with Facebook's ban because I don't think FB should be able to control political voices. Nor do I think they should be able to ban Biden.

so what should they do with somebody who continually breaks the terms and conditions they agreed to when they signed up? are political voices special? are they exempt from the terms and conditions that apply to other users?

What makes a political user different to a normal user? They're both bound by the same rules

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I’m loving the irony of a mod who is more than happy to apply the ban hammer when posters get carried away on the motors forum but who later complains about his cult leader being similarly banned for inciting an insurrection.

Never change biko, never change.
    If you have a problem with the moderation on this site there are clear channels on how to appeal your grievances.

If you don't see the craziness in that the party of the US government is influencing Facebook by publicly saying Trump's ban should be permanent then you should think again.

If you have a problem with the moderation on this site there are clear channels on how to appeal your grievances.

If you don't see the craziness in that the party of the US government is influencing Facebook by publicly saying Trump's ban should be permanent then you should think again.

Are the Democratic Party not free to say what they like? why are you putting restrictions on them saying something that is legal and not breaking any terms and conditions of the platform they placed it on?

They aren't controlling political voices. They are banning people who break their terms of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

To carry your second paragraph to its logical conclusion then politicians should be able to say anything on an online platform? He broke the rules he agreed to, he shouldn’t be above the rules because of who he is. They absolutely should be able to ban Biden if he breaks the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Without a doubt they should be able to ban anyone that is spreading misinformation, it doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

biko relax, I didn't complain about the moderation on the site or your moderation in particular and I've no idea how you made that leap.

Makes a change from companies influencing the ruling Republican Party.

Besides his ban should be permanent, he broke the rules and suffered the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're right, they don't need to make it permanent, maybe just a 10 year ban, orange donny will have passed away long before they need to renew it.

It does however show that actions have consequences, something trump has ran away for all his life.

How often should they review the ban? He's using his new geocities site to post the same lies, bullsh*t and grifting that got him banned from facebook and twitter so why would they bother wasting resources reviewing his account over and over?

I'm looking forward to biko explain how we should have trump reinstated to Facebook, and by their rationale, not someone like Abu Hamza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

This is a very easy and equally disingenuous claim to make because Biden would never get himself banned from Facebook or Twitter.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to biko explain how we should have trump reinstated to Facebook, and by their rationale, not someone like Abu Hamza
    That's fine, start a thread and we'll continue there. This thread is about Joe and the Dems, not Trump and Abu Hamza.

• Advertisement

That's fine, start a thread and we'll continue there. This thread is about Joe and the Dems, not Trump and Abu Hamza.

can you explain why you think Trump should be exempt from the Facebook terms and conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

can you explain why you think Trump should be exempt from the Facebook terms and conditions?

Joe Biden thread!

The constant asking questions about Trump is bordering on psychotic.

Joe Biden thread!

go complain to the trump supporter who brought it up.

Joe Biden thread!

He was brought up by a Trump supporter

Joe Biden thread!

The only time you seem to comment is tell people not to post or to let us know that CNN = bad. Would you like to discuss Biden's policies?

The only time you seem to comment is tell people not to post or to let us know that CNN = bad. Would you like to discuss Biden's policies?

No he’s no interest in American politics as he’s said before.

go complain to the trump supporter who brought it up.

But the questions are like a loud annoying drill.

Why not just say you disagree with it and not keep asking constant questions.

CNN is toxic but this isn't the thread for it.

But the questions are like a loud annoying drill.

Why not just say you disagree with it and not keep asking constant questions.

So why did you quote a Biden supporter who was merely replying to a post about Trump made by a Trump supporter, rather than the Trump supporter who brought it up in the first place?

Faux outrage perhaps?

• Advertisement

CNN is toxic but this isn't the thread for it.

Yes, we know you still think that even though you stopped answering questions about it when we showed you that it's not true.

But thank you for backing up my point that you only make two types of comment.

Advertisement