Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So why did you quote a Biden supporter who was merely replying to a post about Trump made by a Trump supporter, rather than the Trump supporter who brought it up in the first place?

Faux outrage perhaps?

More questions.

People say stuff, they have an opinion. You don't agree with it. That's grand. Try to keep things flowing rather sounding psychotic with questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

So why did you quote a Biden supporter who was merely replying to a post about Trump made by a Trump supporter, rather than the Trump supporter who brought it up in the first place?

Faux outrage perhaps?

Jesus Christ is this the level now

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Joe Biden thread!

The constant asking questions about Trump is bordering on psychotic.

Mod

Breach of threadban = week off the forum.

More questions.

People say stuff, they have an opinion. You don't agree with it. That's grand. Try to keep things flowing rather sounding psychotic with questions.

That didn't answer my question.

Edit: Sorry, wrote this after the above forum ban.

EddieN75 wrote: »

Which of Joe Biden's policies would you like to discuss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This is the level you’ve been scratching around at for the last few days, masks and talk of cancel culture is where this is because Biden is doing a competent job and there is both to actually be outraged about so we have people making ridiculous statements trying to suggest things that aren’t there.

Which of Joe Biden's policies would you like to discuss?

Pulling troops from Afghanistan. I don't think it will happen. This isn't the first time we have heard about it either.

Do you think an orderly withdrawal at a meaningful scale will happen?

salmocab wrote: »
    This is the level you’ve been scratching around at for the last few days, masks and talk of cancel culture is where this is because Biden is doing a competent job and there is both to actually be outraged about so we have people making ridiculous statements trying to suggest things that aren’t there.

I was actually the one who posted the link to AP news tracker of Bidens first 100 days and commented that he was doing a solid enough job so far.

Some seem to think you are either pro Joe or pro Donald. I'm neither I wouldn't be a fan of either for different reasons. I don't like the one or the other culture either.

Pulling troops from Afghanistan. I don't think it will happen. This isn't the first time we have heard about it either.

Do you think an orderly withdrawal at a meaningful scale will happen?

Yes. And you've already discussed that. Which policy would you like to move on to next?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But the questions are like a loud annoying drill.

Why not just say you disagree with it and not keep asking constant questions.

if you have a problem with my posts report them.

• Advertisement

Yes. And you've already discussed that. Which policy would you like to move on to next?

Do you not want to discuss Afghanistan?

Do you not want to discuss Afghanistan?

I have already answered your question. What further questions do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Biden backing the campaign to have intellectual property rights for covid vaccines waived is huge. Really puts pressure on others to follow suit. Have to say was i never expecting this, have to doff my cap to the guy.

I have already answered your question. What further questions do you have?

That's the discussion is it? "Yes"

Faux discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I was actually the one who posted the link to AP news tracker of Bidens first 100 days and commented that he was doing a solid enough job so far.

Some seem to think you are either pro Joe or pro Donald. I'm neither I wouldn't be a fan of either for different reasons. I don't like the one or the other culture either.

It’s not a one or the other culture. We very much get your not a fan of Joe but as far as I remember you haven’t actually said why, you were content to post quite a few posts about two masks whilst never actually making a point.

That's the discussion is it? "Yes"

Faux discussion

You asked me a yes/no question, my apologies for answering it in full.

Here are some questions for you to answer if you would like a discussion.

1) What was the goal of sending US troops to Afghanistan and has it been achieved? Why or why not?

2) Do you think Afghanistan would be much more different now if US troops were never deployed there? Why or why not?

3) Do you believe there is any benefit in foreign troops remaining specifically in the most hostile territories? Why or why not?

4) Do you think hostility will increase after US troops are pulled? Why or why not?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Here we clearly see cancel culture on a political level.

No, we see a user being removed for breaching the terms of service.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »
    It is impossible to separate the overlap between conservatism and the Republican party because it has most traditionally served as the philosophical inspiration of the party’s members.

I don't agree with Facebook's ban because I don't think FB should be able to control political voices. Nor do I think they should be able to ban Biden.

Ok, I disagree. Trump is not a conservative and ran as a Republican out of convenience.

"Political voices" seems like a very broad term. Are you ok with Facebook censoring ISIS videos?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

You asked me a yes/no question, my apologies for answering it in full.

Here are some questions for you to answer if you would like a discussion.

1) What was the goal of sending US troops to Afghanistan and has it been achieved? Why or why not?

2) Do you think Afghanistan would be much more different now if US troops were never deployed there? Why or why not?

3) Do you believe there is any benefit in foreign troops remaining specifically in the most hostile territories? Why or why not?

4) Do you think hostility will increase after US troops are pulled? Why or why not?

The first 3 questions have specifically nothing got to do with the Biden presidency

4 Yes hostility will increase. A power vacuum will inevitably be created . No real shock there.

The United States should focus on China and only China

The first 3 questions have specifically nothing got to do with the Biden presidency

4 Yes hostility will increase. A power vacuum will inevitably be created . No real shock there.

The United States should focus on China and only China

Yes they do.

1) Why is Biden pulling troops now if the goal hasn't been achieved?

2) If you think it would be worse, then shouldn't Biden keep the troops in Afghanistan?

3) Should Biden instead pull troops from certain locations and not all of them?

All of my original questions are relevant, so give them a shot if you'd like a discussion.

• Advertisement

Private contractors will remain in Afghanistan.

Yes they do.

1) Why is Biden pulling troops now if the goal hasn't been achieved?

2) If you think it would be worse, then shouldn't Biden keep the troops in Afghanistan?

3) Should Biden instead pull troops from certain locations and not all of them?

All of my original questions are relevant, so give them a shot if you'd like a discussion.

A discussion isn't one party firing 8 questions at the other in the space of 2 comments.
    Non relevant ones too the first 3

A discussion isn't one party firing 8 questions at the other in the space of 2 comments.

I asked you four questions, my other three questions were pointing out why my four questions were relevant and were not to be answered.

But if you don't want to answer the questions because it's too much effort, that's fine. Just don't ask for a discussion in the future if you can't put in the effort yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

But if you don't want to answer the questions because it's too much effort, that's fine. Just don't ask for a discussion in the future if you can't put in the effort yourself.

There is a huge difference between a genuine discussion and someone constantly going off in multiple tangents.
    The Tangent master, whataboutery at its purest.

There is a huge difference between a genuine discussion and someone constantly going off in multiple tangents.
    The Tangent master, whataboutery at its purest.

Thank you for your input. Would you like to discuss Joe Biden's policies? Or do you also take the hotmail.com approach of making comments just to feel superior?

Or do you also take the hotmail.com approach of making comments just to feel superior?

Do you know anyone else who received a holiday or two for the same thing?

I'm happy to have a discussion with you but not in the format that you think is normal. Walls of questions with no right answer or rebuttal.

Do you know anyone else who received a holiday or two for the same thing?

You know of my past? So which rereg are you exactly?

I did not take a holiday, the mods agreed that my bans were not justified.
    I'm happy to have a discussion with you but not in the format that you think is normal. Walls of questions with no right answer or rebuttal.

I asked four questions. You ignored three of them and chose the easiest one to answer. It's evidently you who does not want to put the effort into a discussion. And if they had an objectively right answer, it wouldn't a be discussion. It is not a maths exam, give them a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Either discuss the topic of the thread with users (and discussion goes both ways) or dont post again. Either way, by your posts to date, the thread will be better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,421 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Private contractors will remain in Afghanistan.

Who is profiting off that hustle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

everlast75 wrote: »

That's just you being selective and picking that day. If you pick any other day, you'll see that it's dominated by the librul mainstream media. See today for example, a completely different story.

https://twitter.com/FacebooksTop10/status/1390303129543921671

Advertisement