Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I see someone is organising a good old fashioned word off. By gar it’s been awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

salmocab wrote: »
    I see someone is organising a good old fashioned word off. By gar it’s been awhile.

Presumably we would be playing by street rules?

Presumably we would be playing by street rules?

Absolutely, no pinching, no eye contact and first to tell their mammy loses

• Registered Users Posts: 38,243 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

you really don't
    I do, the difference is my broad mind compared the narrow one you possess.

Smee_Again wrote:
    This is bizarre, you've picked a strange hill to die on here.
    Nobody is dying here.
    Smee_Again wrote:
    As ohno said words have meanings, particularly on online platforms where its harder to convey tone etc.
    Again this comes down to a narrow mind. A lot of people post as they talk, you have to accept that.
    Smee_Again wrote:
    Anyway, this is way OT so I'll leave it there.
    I'll do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

eagle eye wrote: »

A mind so broad that knowledge passes right through it.

Smee_Again wrote:
    A mind so broad that knowledge passes right through it.
    Now you are insulting me.
    Are you willing to challenge me and put 1000 euro on the line, in person with an independent person calling the words and moderating it?

Are you willing to challenge me and put 1000 euro on the line, in person with an independent person calling the words and moderating it?

Eh, your own post was insulting..

That depends, will it be moderated or censored?

and you complain about others insulting you. hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/biden-s-early-foreign-policy-strikingly-in-tune-with-trump-1.4557136

Irish times so far unimpressed with Bidens foreign policy.

(For some reason the article before sharing was pay walled but when clicking the link it can be read)

EddieN75 wrote: »

And what is your own opinion and why?

What about your opinion?

What about your opinion?

I agree with the article
    Biden is keeping more trump era policies than he is removing.

What is your opinion

and you complain about others insulting you. hypocrite.
    Is the truth an insult? It's been clear for a long time that you aren't able to think outside the box you live in. If anybody disagrees with you it's a war.
    I'd recommend going for walks, they are great for relaxing the mind.

I agree with the article

What is your opinion

So you've read the title of the article. Well done.

What parts of the article do you agree with, and what parts do you disagree with?

Is the truth an insult? It's been clear for a long time that you aren't able to think outside the box you live in. If anybody disagrees with you it's a war.
    I'd recommend going for walks, they are great for relaxing the mind.

condescending as well as insulting.

EddieN75 wrote:
    Irish times so far unimpressed with Bidens foreign policy.
    Not even four months in office and dealing with a pandemic and they are attacking foreign policy.
    He's got a pandemic and a major divide in his country to deal with. You gotta fix your own house first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I agree with the article

What is your opinion

Wow - was it really so long ago that Trumpites were wringing their hands at the vast amount of executive orders Biden was making which undid Trump's policies?

But.. now, he isn't undoing them?

It is hard to keep up.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Wow - was it really so long ago that Trumpites were wringing their hands at the vast amount of executive orders Biden was making which undid Trump's policies?

Well that wasn't that poster of course, he's "new".

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

But.. now, he isn't undoing them?

It is hard to keep up.

I highly doubt that the Irish times are "Trumpites". They published the article.

The author laid out the comparison of policies and came to the conclusion

I highly doubt that the Irish times are "Trumpites". They published the article.

The author laid out the comparison of policies and came to the conclusion

Here is a nice summary of Biden's foreign policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy_of_the_Joe_Biden_administration#:~:text=The%20foreign%20policy%20of%20the,challenges%20from%20Russia%20and%20China.

Explain to why you think it is so similar to Trump's policy and what you believe he should do differently. Rather than link dumping.

I agree with the article

What is your opinion

I think Biden is doing okay with foreign policy, he’s barely in the door though and I’d be slow to judge him on what he hasn’t done yet. He scored an own goal on the refugee numbers but also was man enough to change it. Happy they are back in the Paris accord but it’s easier to sign up than do something so that would have to be judged in the future

I think Biden is doing okay with foreign policy, he’s barely in the door though and I’d be slow to judge him on what he hasn’t done yet. He scored an own goal on the refugee numbers but also was man enough to change it. Happy they are back in the Paris accord but it’s easier to sign up than do something so that would have to be judged in the future

Fair call. Out of everything he has or hasn't done immediately rejoining the Paris accord sent out a definitive message that the Us is back on board as a global team player.

Too soon to judge the other policies. Pandemic is all time consuming right now. Understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Eagle Eye and ohnonotgmail - get back on topic and stop bickering or you will lose your posting privileges in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I don't know why he's getting credit for pulling troops out of Afghanistan, it was Trump who made that deal.

I don't know why he's getting credit for pulling troops out of Afghanistan, it was Trump who made that deal.

Simple, he actually has a plan to do it. Trump made the statement but never actually planned for the withdrawal, I don't think he even informed the Pentagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why didn’t he do it so?
    4 years!

Do you think there would have been a full withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan on May 1st if Trump was still president?

• Advertisement

Why didn’t he do it so?
    4 years!

He had a plan, he’d have shown it in two weeks time.

Advertisement