Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

duploelabs wrote: »
    You're missing the point. Biko goes looking for headlines to fulfill a preconceived theory and ignores the actual facts contained within their 'proof', that's how critical thinking works!!!

/s

Sur it’s been like that for years.
    Headlines and slogans.
    No substance or engagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

biko wrote: »
    In short
    Generals that endorse Biden = good boys.
    Generals that don't endorse Biden = conspiracy nuts.

Do you believe the election was stolen?

If not, would you place faith in someone starting an opinion that the election was stolen as those generals have?

If so, what evidence would change this belief, show that you can be rational.

Or just continue dumping links and making pithy comments and everyone will know whether you are rational or not.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

biko wrote: »
    In short
    Generals that endorse Biden = good boys.
    Generals that don't endorse Biden = conspiracy nuts.

No issues whatsoever with someone not endorsing/liking Biden or not supporting his policies etc.

That's perfectly normal and healthy in a functioning democracy.

BUT - Anyone that says the election was rigged and that Biden wasn't legitimately elected is by definition a Conspiracy Nut and should be treated with the disdain and contempt that that deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Couldn't of said it better myself.
    The rigid idealogy of left leaning posters in this thread makes discourse impossible sadly. :(

Not a big fan of context are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The rigid idealogy of left leaning posters in this thread makes discourse impossible sadly. :(

We’re all sure you couldn’t have said it better yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

*The refusal to accept facts, enter into bona fides discussion and the reliance upon unsubstantiated accusations makes discourse impossible.

You’ve been asked about your opinions on several points of discussion now, yet won’t/can’t answer.

Just dumping links is not debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,526 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

duploelabs wrote: »
    You're missing the point. Biko goes looking for headlines to fulfill a preconceived theory and ignores the actual facts contained within their 'proof', that's how critical thinking works!!!

/s

Also seems to have missed an election.

Still rambling about Hilary loosing to Trump.

Gotta worry when he learns that
    Trump looses to Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

given that a large proportion of your posts are just dumping links and running away that post is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

In a week where Biden said people should have their benefits cut if they don't take a job and no condemnation of Israel's appalling bombardment of Palestinians, can Irish people please stop saying Biden is left wing.

• Advertisement

In a week where Biden said people should have their benefits cut if they don't take a job and no condemnation of Israel's appalling bombardment of Palestinians, can Irish people please stop saying Biden is left wing.

Who said he was left wing?

nobody claims biden is left wing except Trump supporters and we all know what their opinion is worth.

I doubt anybody thinks Biden is left wing or anything close to it. I’m sure some in America think he is but they have a very blinkered view of what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,595 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think its pretty obvious that you were not aware that 200 generals had endorsed Biden, since you earlier that that 124 was such a large number it just had to be treated seriously.

So one can see that even when presented with facts, instead of accepting them and looking to correct your basis of your opinion, you pull out the 'poor me' card.

On a free and open site where you are free to express your opinions you are lamenting that you are unable to have proper discoure.

Did you even stop for a second to consider that maybe, just maybe, its you that are doing it wrong?

Tbf I'd imagine some would call Cheney "left wing" because she doesnt drink the Trump kool aid.

nobody claims biden is left wing except Trump supporters and we all know what their opinion is worth.

Trump supporters, should be pleased with what Biden is saying. They are probably the people who favour cutting social welfare and supporting Israel.

This is populism for America.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I think its pretty obvious that you were not aware that 200 generals had endorsed Biden, since you earlier that that 124 was such a large number it just had to be treated seriously.

So one can see that even when presented with facts, instead of accepting them and looking to correct your basis of your opinion, you pull out the 'poor me' card.

On a free and open site where you are free to express your opinions you are lamenting that you are unable to have proper discoure.

Did you even stop for a second to consider that maybe, just maybe, its you that are doing it wrong?

59irrp.jpg

Trump supporters, should be pleased with what Biden is saying. They are probably the people who favour cutting social welfare and supporting Israel.

This is populism for America.

who are these people who describe Biden as left wing? I would be grateful if you could clarify who you are referring to. In my experience it is only Trump supporters who do this.

59ireb.jpg

Jaysus that top sentence got shítmixed.

America is such an odd military country, that war criminals (generals) are given so much publicity.

• Advertisement

who are these people who describe Biden as left wing? I would be grateful if you could clarify who you are referring to. In my experience it is only Trump supporters who do this.

Trump supporters. You just answered the question.

They have weirdly adopted American language and incorrectly applied it in Irish forums.

They criticise the Left when Biden isn't left wing.

They have weirdly adopted American language and incorrectly applied it in Irish forums.

who has done that here?

who has done that here?

One page ago, a poster is criticising people on here for being left wing nut jobs.

But they are not left wing at all. Supporters of Biden aren't left wing.

You said Irish people are referring to Biden as left wing. Who are these people exactly? Are you addressing people in this thread? And which posters are you referring to?

One page ago, a poster is criticising people on here for being left wing nut jobs.

But they are not left wing at all. Supports of Biden aren't left wing.

Which post? The only post I can find is in reference to AOC and not Biden. Which post are you referring to?

RopeADope wrote: »
    The funny thing is a lot of people are surprised by Biden's actions. It's like they know nothing about this history and indeed the history of the democratic party.

Yeah, he had said in the past governments should cut social welfare to balance the books.

RopeADope wrote: »
    The funny thing is a lot of people are surprised by Biden's actions.

Yep many Republicans are so surprised as to how good of a job he is doing, which is why his approval rating is higher than Trumps ever was.

Yep many Republicans are so surprised as to how good of a job he is doing, which is why his approval rating is higher than Trumps ever was.

So to hell with social welfare recipients and Arabs in the middle East?

So to hell with social welfare recipients and Arabs in the middle East?

Why are you asking me questions when you are ignoring mine and others? What posts are you referring to? Or are you making stuff up again?

• Advertisement

The left and left wing are very different things.

Advertisement