Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Should be no mask wearing here in that case

is everybody vaccinated?

Well done on adding 1+1 and getting 11

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Border arrests in April hit their highest level since at least the early 2000s, and they’re up 63% from April 2019 and more than tenfold from April 2020.

The situation at the border just incase anyone forgets.

So Biden is arresting more border immigrants than Trump did.

Thanks for the update!

This is disgusting behavior from the insurrectionist MTG

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1393223398793355264?s=20
    Less than two years before Marjorie Taylor Greene became a member of Congress, she walked the halls of a congressional office building with a few men searching for a new Democratic congresswoman from New York named Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

A deleted video from February 2019 unearthed by CNN shows Greene arriving at Ocasio-Cortez’s office door to find it locked. She, and the men with her, then taunt the congresswoman’s staff through a mail slot and defile her guest book, all while mocking Ocasio-Cortez.

“You need to stop being a baby and stop locking your door and come out and face the American citizens that you serve,” Greene said. “If you want to be a big girl you need to get rid of your diaper and come out and be able to talk to the American citizens instead of just having to use a flap, a little flap, it’s kind of like crazy. Sad.”

One of the men in Greene’s group, Anthony Aguero, was inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 when supporters of former president Donald Trump stormed the building, according to CNN. In the 2019 video, Greene says more conservatives should come to Washington and confront lawmakers.

Greene’s office did not immediately return a request for comment.

In a tweet responding to the video, Ocasio-Cortez said, “The fact that Kevin McCarthy, the House @GOPLeader, stripped Justin Amash of all committee seats for criticizing Trump, but has worked to protect this person from consequences (including pretending he doesn’t see it) tells you this is happening with the support of GOP leadership.”

Former Michigan congressman Amash quit the Republican Party and became an independent during his last term in office.

The video has surfaced days after Greene, now a Republican congresswoman from Georgia with full rein of the Capitol, verbally accosted Ocasio-Cortez outside the House chamber Wednesday and derided her for ignoring Greene’s demand that the two women debate.

Rep. Greene aggressively confronts Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, causing New York congresswoman to raise security concerns

The two incidents with Ocasio-Cortez are also reminiscent of another video of Greene that showed her harassing a teenager outside the Capitol. David Hogg, who became a national gun control advocate after a mass shooting at his high school in Parkland, Fla, was on Capitol Hill to meet with lawmakers.

Democrats have pointed to Greene’s past social media posts and “likes” that endorsed violence against Democratic politicians, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and former president Barack Obama.

Earlier this year, after social media posts surfaced of Greene seemingly endorsing the execution of Democratic politicians, the House voted to strip her of her committee assignments, but did not vote to expel her as some Democrats have demanded.

In the video, Greene talks to the camera as they approach Ocasio-Cortez’s office.

“We’re going to go see, we’re going to visit, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Crazy eyes. Crazy eyes. Nutty. Cortez,” Greene says. She repeatedly refers to the Democrat’s office as a “day care” and jeers at the colorful sticky notes with messages of support that people leave outside Ocasio-Cortez’s office.

“We’re your employers, we’d like to come in and inspect your office,” one of Greene’s friends says through the mail slot.

“You can’t stay in there forever. Can you come out and play?” a man says.

Greene’s ‘verbal assault’ on Ocasio-Cortez underscores growing tensions over safety and security on Capitol Hill

The group eventually gives up, claiming security had warned the office ahead of time that they were coming. Before the video shuts off, Greene says they’re going to visit two other freshman Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), the first Muslim women elected to the House and two members of what is known as the Squad with Ocasio-Cortez.

“Hey, look as a woman I do not want to have to wear a burqa one day,” Greene says. “I want to ask them what they are thinking and why, and ask them what they are thinking and why they’re serving in our American government. They really should go back to the Middle East.”

She also says that she’s bringing a Bible and is planning to ask them to retake their oath of office because they swore in on the Koran.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-aoc-video-house/2021/05/14/2c1a804c-b4b4-11eb-9059-d8176b9e3798_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Your welcome.

The Border Patrol’s 173,460 total encounters in April were up 3% from March, marking the highest level since April 2000.

Thank you for the news.

Do you have any opinions about anything at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Your welcome.

The Border Patrol’s 173,460 total encounters in April were up 3% from March, marking the highest level since April 2000.

*you're

Have you any citation to back up these stats or are you just talking waffle again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Your welcome.

Lot's of people want to go to Joe Biden's America and border patrol will greet and process them.

Are you suggesting the numbers are bad or good? Is there a single original thought behind these posts?

We're substantially behind the US in terms of vaccinations, on top of that it's an incentive for being vaccinated. Also imagine it's a policy that will vary by country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Border arrests in April hit their highest level since at least the early 2000s, and they’re up 63% from April 2019 and more than tenfold from April 2020.

The situation at the border just incase anyone forgets.

In related news, Edwin Poots is set to take charge of the DUP.

RopeADope wrote: »
    Incredible. How come main stream media is ignoring this?

Evidence?

• Advertisement

Indeed.

now there's the question we should be asking.

What's the answer? Are they ignoring it? How did you come across the information?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Out of interest I googled this story and the first link was CNN. Stop talking bollox it’s embarrassing for everyone.

Are they though? I'm willing to bet that if I googled this that I'll get results from pretty much all of the so-called mainstream media.

Admit it. You just saw such comments on your social media and came here to pass one off as your own. It's OK, independent thought isn't for everyone but it's not cool to fake it like that.

Well there's a few minutes of my life I won't get back an article based on an opinion of one individual and whataboutisms.

More importantly to abandon Bipartisanship efforts when the country has never been so divided shows the character of the individual in question and anyone who thinks the same way.

Joe Biden promised efforts of healing and coming together in his inauguration speech, I commend him for doing so as he too realises the importance of America closing the gap on the these rigid idealogies displayed by both parties and their followers.

From Mcconnell before he walked it back a bit.
    100% of my focus is on stopping this new administration.

Bipartisanship is a worthy goal but that requires both parties acting in good faith. It doesn't get anywhere when one party tries and the other acts the bollix.

From Mcconnell before he walked it back a bit.

And that was just the other week, this administration was inaugurated months ago. McConnel admitting that he's undergoing a campaign of obstruction evaporates criticism of the WH for not being bipartisan enough.

Psaki is crushing the job BTW, here she is yet again unpacking a loaded bag of bull**** with regard to a Republican proposal to infringe upon the first amendment rights of universities by leveeing tax penalties on them for teaching nebulously classified topics:
    Q Yes. Senator Tom Cotton says the nation’s wealthiest colleges are indoctrinating young people with what he calls “un-American ideas.” He’s proposing a new tax targeting the largest private endowments. He says it would raise $2 million a year.

I wonder: Does the President believe that our largest — our wealthiest schools are indoctrinating our youth with un-American ideas? And would he support such a tax? Is it a good idea?

MS. PSAKI: Now you’ve intrigued me. What are the un-American ideas that are indoctrinating our youth?

Q The legislation doesn’t lay out the precise —

MS. PSAKI: Oh, he’s not specific about the indoctrination by leaders from universities?

Q Well, he’s been critical, for example, of the 1619 Project. He’s been critical and spoken about critical race theory. He’s — he’s claimed that there’s a liberal bias on campus that targets conservatives — I think would be a way to put it.

MS. PSAKI: What’s he going to do with the money?

Q He wants to use it for programs for — my mind — I’m having a hard time coming up with the word — when you have job training, those sorts of things.

MS. PSAKI: Well, without much detail of where he thinks our youth are being indoctrinated, it sounds very mysterious and dangerous, but — although I don’t think that — I don’t think we would think — we believe that educating the youth and next — the leaders of the — future leaders of the country on systemic racism is indoctrination. That’s actually responsible.

But, I would say, if he’s trying to raise money for something, then our view is there’s lots of ways to do that. We know that a number of corporations hugely benefited financially during the pandemic. They could pay more taxes. We think the highest 1 percent of Americans can pay more taxes. And if he wants to have a conversation about worker training, we’d love to have him over and have that conversation.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/05/13/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-may-13-2021/
    https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-jen-psaki-gleefully-picks-apart-tom-cotton-proposal-targeting-un-american-ideas-like-critical-race-theory-and-1619-project/

But the real winner for her so far was this exchange of unpacking a loaded question that turned into a full blown beatdown:
    Q Thanks, Jen. I have questions on a couple of different topics. First, given the number of former Obama administration officials that are now in this Biden administration and the President’s relatively light schedule, there’s a growing perception that this is really just the third term of President Obama. What do you say to people who say that?

MS. PSAKI: Who were saying that? Who’s saying that?

Q You’ve heard that a lot in the media.

MS. PSAKI: Who in the media?

Q Different people.

MS. PSAKI: Like?

Q Well, there was lots of questions about when you had Japanese Prime Minister Suga here on the one and only, so far, in-person bilateral head-of-state meeting. It was Vice President Kamala Harris who greeted the Prime Minister, and many people found that odd. She’s already taking independent, one-on-one calls with key allies, like Prime Minister Morrison and Justin Trudeau. So I just want to get your reaction to people who question that.

MS. PSAKI: Well, it’s hard to react when I don’t know what people you’re talking about. I will say that the President met with the Prime Minister, as you know, and had a full meeting, a full press conference afterwards, and they even shared a meal.

So — and the President has had dozens of conversations and calls with world leaders, and should be no surprise that the Vice President is also playing an important role engaging with and having discussions with foreign leaders.

Q It — it’s more so than other Vice Presidents have.

MS. PSAKI: How so? I’d love to see the data if you want to give me —

Q Well, sure —

MS. PSAKI: — present that to us.

Q I could provide you with that sometime —

MS. PSAKI: Sure.

Q — and would love to get your reaction on it.

MS. PSAKI: Happy — we’d welcome it.

Q Excellent. And then on the coronavirus: It’s a matter of public record that Dr. Fauci and the NIH funded gain-of-function experimentation, research at the Wuhan Lab of Virology. And given the questions about that lab, why would Dr. Fauci and the U.S. fund that kind of experiments, that kind of research at a Chinese lab?

MS. PSAKI: The — I’m sorry. I can’t hear you super well. What was the beginning part of your comment — of your thing — of your question?

Q I said that the NIH and Dr. Fauci had provided funding to the Wuhan Lab of Virology. That’s the lab in question when we talk about the lab-leak theory. And given that gain-of-function research is dicey, why would the U.S. fund that in China? Why would Dr. Fauci?

MS. PSAKI: I’m happy to send you to the NIH about more specifics of what program they funded and more details of that.

Q Now, I do have one more follow-up on that —

MS. PSAKI: Okay.

Q — because the President hasn’t really weighed in. Dr. Fauci is one of the voices who discredit the lab-leak theory, but now there is more officials in the Biden administration — like the Director of National Intelligence, the CIA Director, and now also the NIH Director — who say that this cannot be ruled out, and there is calls for more investigation into it.

Who does the President agree with — Dr. Fauci or the other officials? Does he think this — it was a lab leak?

MS. PSAKI: Well, the President has said, and I’ve said from here many times, that there needs to be a credible, independent investigation through the World Health Organization, and tha- — one that relies on data, relies on participation from China and other countries that may have information. That’s certainly something everybody has called for, and we look forward to that happening.

Q Why hasn’t the President spoken with President Xi about the origins of the coronavirus yet? He said, just a few weeks ago, he hadn’t yet.

MS. PSAKI: I think we have given a readout of his call. And also that the President believes there should be an independent investigation led by health experts, and one where their data is provided — that’s provided transparently to our medical and science experts here in the United States. And we look forward to reviewing that.

We’re going to have to go on. Go ahead. I’m sorry.

Q If that was a lab leak, will the President be committed to (inaudible) —

MS. PSAKI: I’m sorry, Emerald. I think you’ve had plenty of time today.

Q Just one more.

MS. PSAKI: [to other] Go ahead. Go ahead
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/05/13/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-may-13-2021/

More importantly to abandon Bipartisanship efforts when the country has never been so divided shows the character of the individual in question and anyone who thinks the same way.

lol8Ddh.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Well there's a few minutes of my life I won't get back an article based on an opinion of one individual and whataboutisms.

Joe Biden promised efforts of healing and coming together in his inauguration speech, I commend him for doing so as he too realises the importance of America closing the gap on the these rigid idealogies displayed by both parties and their followers.

Good thing all those Republicans voted on Joe’s rescue plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well at least they have an opinion of their own.

Good thing all those Republicans voted on Joe’s rescue plan.

They've actually been taking credit for it. That's nearly as good as voting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

This just proves the point that both parties in America share similar economic policies.

There is no true centre left party in the States for the public to vote for.

And given that Biden said this a few days ago, I'm not suddenly upset. It's a relevant point for a Biden thread. Stop trying to bully me.

Why is it that when people are proven wrong blah blah blah they cry "Stop bullying me" if you don't like people having counter opinions maybe the internet is not the place for you

A biased person's beliefs on twitter instead of having your own opinion I'm dissapointed Aristotle I held you in higher regard.

You routinely flout offering your own opinion on a number of subjects, and fail to support claims of fact you've presented. I don't believe there is ground for you to admonish someone else in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

They've actually been taking credit for it. That's nearly as good as voting for it.

Not sure how Biden is meant to work with these shameless obstructionists.

Utter hysterics from the GQP

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1393279120860143628?s=20

Archive footage of Jordan preparing to craft the statement:

YoungIndolentIbex-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    This is disgusting behavior from the insurrectionist MTG
    If it was anybody else but AOC I'd be up in arms but when it's her I'm not so sure I believe any of it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If it was anybody else but AOC I'd be up in arms but when it's her I'm not so sure I believe any of it.

It's all been corroborated. As well, you have direct video of one of the altercations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Your dislike of someone is so strong it makes you disbelieve the video of MTG acting inappropriately?

Are you for real?

It's on video. And AOC, whatever about her politics hasn't been known for just making stuff up. The Q-adjacent media and various culture-war pundits spend a lot of energy convincing people that AOC needs to be hated but for the life of me, I can't figure out what she has done to warrant it.

Move to censure GQP republicans on the way

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1393264554113748993?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's on video. And AOC, whatever about her politics hasn't been known for just making stuff up. The Q-adjacent media and various culture-war pundits spend a lot of energy convincing people that AOC needs to be hated but for the life of me, I can't figure out what she has done to warrant it.

Young
    Female
    Latina
    Working Class
    Pro-Immigration
    Pro-Universal Healthcare
    Popular
    Puts GOP stalwarts in their box publicly time and again.

It's no surprise the Republicans spent so heavily in trying to defeat her in NY last year.
    She is going to continue to be targeted by them at every opportunity so they can stop the influence she has in getting anything approaching a progressive message out there.

Advertisement