Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    You got through that quick :D

I'm amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    Never was. /meme

His interview with Leah Rimini definitely was. I would even consider it (the interview) a public service given that that sort of information doesn't always trickle down as far as that level of education. I did regret watching it on youtube without private browsing because of what happened to my recommendations but it was definitely educational.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When your the only republican on Boards.ie it's not thanks and likes I post for but I respect your opinion.

lol.
    Don't flatter yourself. No shortage of republicans around these places.

lol.
    Don't flatter yourself. No shortage of republicans around these places.

Tiocfaidh ár Trump.

Tiocfaidh ár Trump.

:D And the other kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

His interview with Leah Rimini definitely was. I would even consider it (the interview) a public service given that that sort of information doesn't always trickle down as far as that level of education. I did regret watching it on youtube without private browsing because of what happened to my recommendations but it was definitely educational.

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

I haven't seen any only biko on this thread and there isn't a single sighting on the Donald Trump thread.

If you are willing to prove me wrong (which you all enjoy so much) and direct me to these Republicans you speak of I would be exremely grateful but I think you will struggle to do so.

You want me to posters by political persuasions? No chance.

Maybe you should just read every post in the context of the topic being discussed and if you agree with the post, thank it or quote it and add to it, or if you disagree with it, quote it and say why it is you disagree with what they said.

If you can't identify the 'likely' persuasion of people once you have spent some time here, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pity you were around 6 months ago. No shortage of people at that point who were talking up Donald which give an indication as to their allegiance. Pity they all stopped posting soon after the election however, although many of them are busy on other areas of the forum. You'll find some of them in discussions on multiculturalism and what seems like the weekly edition of the 'feminists make me so mad' threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You want me to posters by political persuasions? No chance.

Maybe you should just read every post in the context of the topic being discussed and if you agree with the post, thank it or quote it and add to it, or if you disagree with it, quote it and say why it is you disagree with what they said.

If you can't identify the 'likely' persuasion of people once you have spent some time here, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pity you were around 6 months ago. No shortage of people at that point who were talking up Donald which give an indication as to their allegiance. Pity they all stopped posting soon after the election however, although many of them are busy on other areas of the forum. You'll find some of them in discussions on multiculturalism and what seems like the weekly edition of the 'feminists make me so mad' threads.

not forgetting those whose absence is not by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I can spot a bunny boiler at 50 paces, and AOC is spot on about Greene...

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1393245610749448198?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »
    I can spot a bunny boiler at 50 paces, and AOC is spot on about Greene...

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1393245610749448198?s=19

Joking aside, AOC better take common sense security measures when going about her daily business. Nothing too dramatic, but she should never be in public somewhere on her own.

Might sound dramatic, but 4 months ago, the Capitol was overrun with people looking for elected representatives to vent their frustration and you wouldn't have to go too far to find someone keen to brag on Parler that they thought AOC a thing or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A bipartisan deal has been introduced on a commission that will have a similar framework to the 9/11 commission that will investigate the insurrection at the US capitol, it will have subpoena authority. However it must still pass vote.
    A group of House Democrats and Republicans announced Friday that they had struck a deal to establish an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a significant breakthrough after months of partisan standoff over the mandate for such a panel — and whether it should exist at all.

The proposed 10-member commission, which emulates the panel that investigated the causes and lessons of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, would be vested with subpoena authority and charged with studying the events and run-up to Jan. 6 — with a focus on why an estimated 10,000 supporters of former president Donald Trump swarmed the Capitol grounds and, more important, what factors instigated about 800 of them to break inside. Trump’s critics in both political parties view it as a means to bring further public scrutiny to his role in inspiring the violence.

“There has been a growing consensus that the January 6th attack is of a complexity and national significance that what we need [is] an independent commission to investigate,” said Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, announcing that he had reached agreement with the panel’s top Republican, Rep. John Katko (N.Y.). “The creation of this commission is our way of taking responsibility for protecting the U.S. Capitol.”
    In the bipartisan deal announced Friday, five members would be appointed by the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate, while the other five would appointed by their Republican counterparts. In a departure from Pelosi’s earlier proposal, President Biden would not have a say in appointing any commissioners.

The commission would have the power to subpoena witnesses, but not without an agreement between the Democrat-appointed chair and the Republican-appointed vice chair, or a majority vote of the panel. Current government officials, including those holding elective office, would not be allowed to serve on the panel, to maintain its independence.

The commission would be tasked with producing a final report detailing its findings, as well as any recommendations for preventing similar attacks in the future, by the end of this year, giving it only about six months to complete its work — if Congress approves the commission in short. By comparison, the 9/11 Commission took 20 months to publish its findings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/january-6-commission-capitol-attack/2021/05/14/615a4484-b4c5-11eb-a980-a60af976ed44_story.html

That Greene video is headlining on CNN. Cortez saying that Greene is deeply unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yes you are correct.

Unfortunately, there's way too many crazy Qanons/Republicans (same thing these days) around for her not to take precautions.

So much energy to play golf and watch tv. It's also amazing that some people still equate sleeping only a few hours a night to some kind of physical prowess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

These Republicans are very strange people. Sleep deprivation is now a virtue and a sign of strength in their eyes and getting a decent night's sleep is somehow a sign of weakness. Very bizarre beliefs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

eagle eye wrote: »
    If it was anybody else but AOC I'd be up in arms but when it's her I'm not so sure I believe any of it.

I’m sorry, that’s a ridiculous position to take. When as she ever been dishonest?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stick to the topic, which is set out in the OP (and there's a clue in the thread title)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Joking aside, AOC better take common sense security measures when going about her daily business. Nothing too dramatic, but she should never be in public somewhere on her own.

Might sound dramatic, but 4 months ago, the Capitol was overrun with people looking for elected representatives to vent their frustration and you wouldn't have to go too far to find someone keen to brag on Parler that they thought AOC a thing or two.

You can be sure she has a larger than average detail from the capital police. She definitely hasn’t opened a letter in years.

She’s an extremely intelligent woman who would be on a fast track to leadership in any European country. She’ll only ever be a fringe bogeywoman in the US. She’s painted as some sort of wild extremist for relatively moderate opinions.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Overheal wrote: »
    Awfully deluded siege mentality to not note the population of conservative and republican posters on this forum. Delusions of grandeur to act as though you're the lone hero as it were.

Delusions of mediocrity is more likely.

So, remind me. Daily mail articles misrepresenting police behavior with regard to some podcaster has what to do with Joe Biden? Does he run the CHP now as well as the Daily mail?

And, AOC's no more important in the functioning of the USG as she's just a congresswoman, than MTG. Does Biden run them, too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So much energy to play golf and watch tv. It's also amazing that some people still equate sleeping only a few hours a night to some kind of physical prowess.

Well, you know, they rest better if they use a Mypillow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Joe Biden cancels Donald Trump's planned 'Garden of Heroes' featuring statutes of Whitney Houston, RBG, Kobe Bryant and Billy Graham

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brian? wrote:
    You can be sure she has a larger than average detail from the capital police. She definitely hasn’t opened a letter in years.

She’s an extremely intelligent woman who would be on a fast track to leadership in any European country. She’ll only ever be a fringe bogeywoman in the US. She’s painted as some sort of wild extremist for relatively moderate opinions.
    She takes every given opportunity to make others look bad and not just Republicans. Her eyes are firmly fixed on the top prize and she'll do anything to get there. She's not a nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,595 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

She takes every given opportunity to make others look bad and not just Republicans. Her eyes are firmly fixed on the top prize and she'll do anything to get there. She's not a nice person.

Where did you get that she isn't a nice person? I get that she is clearly focused and has her views, but how is that any different than pretty much every politician or successful business person?

SHe doesn't make others look bad; their actions and duplicity make them look bad, she just happens to be willing to call them out on it.

She wants things to get better, she doesn't accept the status quo is working and wants it to change.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

This is a truly bizarre take considering she calls out people who dig holes for themselves.

I honestly don't get the hatred towards AOC. It's genuinely baffling to me considering the actual hateful bastards that are in the House and the Senate.

Faugheen wrote: »
    This is a truly bizarre take considering she calls out people who dig holes for themselves.

I honestly don't get the hatred towards AOC. It's genuinely baffling to me considering the actual hateful bastards that are in the House and the Senate.

It's even more baffling considering she is the perfect representation of the so-called "American dream". The reality is that it's just a meaningless abstract concept and a lot of Americans don't like seeing others do better than themselves.

Faugheen wrote:

Do you think Pelosi, who I absolutely detest btw, is a racist?
    Remember AOC basically calling her that?

Do you think Pelosi, who I absolutely detest btw, is a racist?
    Remember AOC basically calling her that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-pelosi-singling-out/index.html

"Asked if she thinks Pelosi has racial animus or is racist, Ocasio-Cortez said unequivocally, "No, no, absolutely not, absolutely not."

No, she didn't.

"Asked if she thinks Pelosi has racial animus or is racist, Ocasio-Cortez said unequivocally, "No, no, absolutely not, absolutely not."
    She said she's singling out Democratic women of colour.
    What else is she suggesting there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

She makes them look bad?

How? By pointing out their own stupidity and duplicitousness.

She actually comes across as one of the few politicians who actually care about people and their struggles.

Advertisement