Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

And she didn't actually compare the two but why let facts get in the way of some good old fake outrage.

Why did she bring it up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not saying you aren't, but I can say that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any evidence of you being a Democrat supporter in your contributions here.
    I've been saying how impressed I am by Biden all through this thread. I've said I was wrong about Biden's health since a few months before his election and said I was wrong about him being a poor candidate since during the counting of votes when he showed real leadership with great speeches.
    As I said I'll admit when I'm wrong.
    But again, I'm not sayin you are not, but can you give examples of Democrat politicians currently active who you respect and think should be leading voices in the party.

You've said you don't like AOC, (to the point of not believing videos of people harassing her), you despise Pelosi, and I'm pretty sure you said Biden was a bad choice for Presidential nominee but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else so given this view of prominent Democrats, I'm curious who tickles your fancy in the party and why.
    Well my favourite person associated with the Democrats but she's not a politician is Michelle Obama. I'm a huge fan of Barrack too.
    Of currently elected Democrats my favourites would include Heinrich, Booker, Bennet, Padilla, Murphy, Bera, Demings, Presley, Trahan, Katherine Clark and I was really taken with Andrew Yang in the Presidential election.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don't see people traffickers throwing kids over the Israeli border.

I see them at the southern border.

Don't know why you're talking about traffickers when AOC's statement had nothing to do with that.

Fight fire with fire basically.
    I don't agree, Biden's biggest challenge is to break down the divide. He's doing a good job so far.
    There's an easy explanation for tiredness and that's working long hours which it appears he is. That's the answer you give if you get asked.
    Like I'm in my early fifties and I'd be tired if I was working the hours and keeping up the schedule Biden is and I'm in good shape and look after myself.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Don't know why you're talking about traffickers when AOC's statement had nothing to do with that.

They're being incarcerated because people are paying smugglers to throw them over the border walls because of false hope like this.

• Advertisement

They're being incarcerated because people are paying smugglers to throw them over the border walls because of false hope like this.

And?

What has that got to do with what AOC said? Why are they still being incarcerated?

Sounds like one of those situations where you don't want the southern border crisis spoken about because it involves filthy foreigner children.

Faugheen wrote: »
    And?

What has that got to do with what AOC said? Why are they still being incarcerated?

Sounds like one of those situations where you don't want the southern border crisis spoken about because it involves filthy foreigner children.

Trying to label as racist now, for your own gratification.

You called them filthy foreigner children, not me.

Have your little circle jerk thread back.

I'm out.

I'm out.

You were never in because you made an issue of AOC talking about how the incarceration of Palestine children was a taboo subject because it would force America to look at it's own problems on the Southern border.

When I asked why it was an issue that she mentioned both of them (perfectly validly, it should be added) you went around in circles and then came out with 'BUT...ER...TRAFFICKERS' and now that I've asked you some simple questions you're throwing your toys out of the pram and leaving.

I'm out.

Seems clear that you don't want to discuss your own points..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm out.

No one cares but the childishness is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Absolutely hilarious, all the drive by posting from butt hurt Trump worshippers. They make a silly statement, can't back it up, it gets refuted, they run away.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    To be fair he is right Faugheen it was you that called them filthy foreigner children not him.

Not your proudest moment.

Ah I see you’re back to bring us your non-existent opinions again.

I'm out.[/quote]
    Well he's certainly not wrong in this post looking at the below.
    Faugheen wrote:
    When I asked why it was an issue that she mentioned both of them (perfectly validly, it should be added) you went around in circles and then came out with 'BUT...ER...TRAFFICKERS' and now that I've asked you some simple questions you're throwing your toys out of the pram and leaving.

Tony EH wrote:
    Absolutely hilarious, all the drive by posting from butt hurt Trump worshippers. They make a silly statement, can't back it up, it gets refuted, they run away.

Seems clear that you don't want to discuss your own points..

Faugheen wrote:
    Ah I see you’re back to bring us your non-existent opinions again.

eagle eye wrote: »

Or maybe, just maybe, people here are pissed off at taking all the time to put forward genuine, decent points of discussion only for our time to be completely wasted by people who aren’t actually interested in arguing their points when they are called out. Every. Single. Time.

If I suspect nonsense is being posted I will call it out to see if the poster actually has anything to back up that nonsense or if they’re just posting in bad faith. On this occasion, it’s as clear a bad-faith posting that you’ll see.

And yet here I am again, wasting my time explaining my actions when nobody else has to explain theirs.

It's a "circle jerk" because the poster has said something and walked off when plenty are happy to discuss his point? Contrasting the Gaza situation to how America treats people at the border is relevant to the discussion. And the US has an absolutely terrible track record on that front.

Faugheen wrote:
    And yet here I am again, wasting my time explaining my actions when nobody else has to explain theirs.
    Well I'm not part of the ganging up on anybody.
    Personally I just ignore most of it or respond that Biden is doing well and point out a few things he's done.
    What a lot of you guys are at seems like ganging up, group bullying and in your eyes you are never ever wrong or ever make a mistake. It's like you are not human.

Well I'm not part of the ganging up on anybody.
    Personally I just ignore most of it or respond that Biden is doing well and point out a few things he's done.
    What a lot of you guys are at seems like ganging up, group bullying and in your eyes you are never ever wrong or ever make a mistake. It's like you are not human.

Excuse me?

The poster made a stupid post and I asked them what the sh*te they were talking about and why it was a problem. I did that myself. I asked them to explain and elaborate and they came out with absolute nonsense. When the going got tough they upped and left with their ball.

Don’t accuse me of ganging up on people when I’m simply asking posters what on earth they are talking about and they refuse to engage.

You are so wrong here it’s unreal. Thankfully I won’t stop calling out sh*tposting for what it is.

Also, why did you ignore the rest of my post explaining why people are getting pissed off? This is exactly what I am talking about. You put something to me and I answered but you decided to completely ignore it anyway. Another waste of f*cking time.

It couldn't be more wrong.

I don't post much in these threads, but I do read them and I, like many, are tired of certain posters who pop in, make a statement or a baseless opinion that's been dragged out of their ass and then chicken out when challenged, running away with an indignant remark, only to turn up again a few pages later with the same type of drivel.

That isn't a discussion and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for any readers who may want to see a lively debate about the current US presidency.

Unfortunately, for one side, there's nothing in their arsenal re: Biden, because, so far, he's been pretty run-of-the-mill and there isn't anything their to point at. So, makeyupy nonsense, non sequiturs and shitposting has to be used instead. But that type of thing is easily dealt with and they have no recourse but stamp their feet when nothing comes of it. Or quietly drop it in the hope that nobody notices just how poor their attempts at an argument has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    This is 100% the truth.
    There is a pack mentality in trying to prove someone wrong not welcoming what so ever.

Maybe there should be 2 seprerate threads one for Democrats and one for republicans as the gap in ideologies has clearly grown too far apart.

It also might encourage more Conservative posters back as the element of a safe space away from bullying with like minded people might be appealing.

Moderators might complain this will create echo chambers but this thread and the Donald trump thread have already become this. Let's be honest here.

You want to be treated with something approaching respect, try posting thoughtful opinions of your own rather than link dumps and vacuous statements limited to phrases like 'this could get interesting'.

People who have been around these threads for an extended period got very tired of most of the posts in support of Trump given that like his own claims of his skill and success while he was in the role, there was usually a distinct lack of evidence in giving a supporting argument.

By all means support him, support the uber-conservative zealots currently running amok in the GOP who have sold their soul for a shot at power but be ready to defend it. There's no requirement to see a comparable amount of posts in favour of Republican or Democrat viewpoints, those who want to discuss and can do so in any sort of reasonable fashion can do so if they wish.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote:
    Also, why did you ignore the rest of my post explaining why people are getting pissed off? This is exactly what I am talking about. You put something to me and I answered but you decided to completely ignore it anyway. Another waste of f*cking time.
    I ignored it because I don't understand how you can get annoyed so easily.
    I just laugh at posts that you quote and get serious about.
    Thing is that one person responding is enough but the same group come in backing each other up all the time.

Tony EH wrote:
    I don't post much in these threads, but I do read them and I, like many, are tired of certain posters who pop in, make a statement or a baseless opinion that's been dragged out of their ass and then chicken out when challenged, running away with an indignant remark, only to turn up again a few pages later with the same type of drivel.
    As long as people are biting they'll be at it. And this group ganging up on them is an easy out.
    It should be left to one person to put them in their place.

I ignored it because I don't understand how you can get annoyed so easily.
    I just laugh at posts that you quote and get serious about.
    Thing is that one person responding is enough but the same group come in backing each other up all the time.

As long as people are biting they'll be at it. And this group ganging up on them is an easy out.

If 3, 4 or 5 people think someone is talking nonsense, are they not allowed to respond?

What a bizarre viewpoint.

If 3, 4 or 5 people think someone is talking nonsense, are they not allowed to respond?

What a bizarre viewpoint.
    If you don't agree then it's bizarre all the time. Amazing
    I'm looking on and it appears like a gang. If you can't see that, well that's bizarre imo.

There is no "group ganging up".

If someone makes a remark, especially when it's a spurious one or one that's made up of whole cloth, they will be challenged on it, or at least countered with an actual point and multiple posters might have various points to make.

It's frankly a good thing that empty rhetoric, lies, deception, and so called opinions based on "just because" are challenged, because that type of posting drags a thread down that might otherwise be interesting.

If you don't agree then it's bizarre all the time. Amazing
    I'm looking on and it appears like a gang. If you can't see that, well that's bizarre imo.

With this rational, the majority of people who took part in discussing whether or not the election was stolen were just ganging up on those who thought it was given the volume of people on side of the argument versus the other.

Scientists are ganging up on anti-vaxers by rubbishing their claims

Do you want people to make sure they 'both sides' the discussion and allow equal response from both sides of the argument? It's not like that will make it look like maybe those making such claims actually have merit in their argument. That definitely won't happen, will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Biden giving Israel a free pass to do what they like. Pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Tyrone212 wrote: »

The US have consistantly supported fascist and apartheid regimes and been on the wrong side of history. I was never going to be any different under Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Business as usual . No different to any other American president

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Business as usual . No different to any other American president

What, exactly, would you have him do?

Support of Israel, no matter what it does, is an American pursuit. It's beyond any President to actually do anything about it. America Inc. has vested interests in the Middle East and no US President is going to risk all in shooting his mouth off.

What would happen if Biden were to criticise Israel for their latest murderous endeavours, is that he'd be branded an "antisemite" by his enemies and then it would be a snowball of slurs until there's enough...ahem..."evidence" to "prove" it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tony EH wrote: »
    What, exactly, would you have him do?

Support of Israel, no matter what it does, is an American pursuit. It's beyond any President to actually do anything about it. America Inc. has vested interests in the Middle East and no US President is going to risk all in shooting his mouth off.

What would happen if Biden were to criticise Israel for their latest murderous endeavours, is that he'd be branded an "antisemite" by his enemies and then it would be a snowball of slurs until there's enough...ahem..."evidence" to "prove" it.

Exactly. Madness for any US president to go against Israel cos of the Israeli vote in the US

Advertisement