Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Exactly. Madness for any US president to go against Israel cos of the Israeli vote in the US

Not just the American Jewish vote to be fair.

You have a load of American evangelists who believe Israel will help bring about the end of the world. They don't exactly like Jewish people, and would gladly lynch them given the right opportunity, they just see Israel as a way to bring this about. Hence their support for moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.

They have a strong hold in the GOP, and in short they consist of a bunch of send me money for Jesus grifters and manic depressives who have people with limited cognitive function willing to vote based on their say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Exactly. Madness for any US president to go against Israel cos of the Israeli vote in the US

The number of voting Jews is less than 1% in the US. So their vote isn't that significant.

But American interests in the Middle East are highly significant and it has been since the 50's. Israel acts as the US hard man in the region and the Americans hedge their bets very carefully. While the rest of the world will out Israel on their egregious actions, the US continually offsets that by pretending that everything is ok and they'll make excuses for them at every turn.

Against that, no American President has the power to actually say anything against Israel. There's a higher level of politics involved that transcends any sitting President, which is why we've seen the situation in Palestine deteriorate to such a degree. There's a long term project at play here that goes well beyond the influence of any US President of the past 60 odd years or for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Biden giving Israel a free pass to do what they like. Pretty pathetic.

He's been particularly weak on this. Not even calling for restraint or proportionality by Israel. Basically telling them they can do what they like with impunity. He's useless on this issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    This is 100% the truth.
    There is a pack mentality in trying to prove someone wrong not welcoming what so ever.

Maybe there should be 2 seprerate threads one for Democrats and one for republicans as the gap in ideologies has clearly grown too far apart.

It also might encourage more Conservative posters back as the element of a safe space away from bullying with like minded people might be appealing.

Moderators might complain this will create echo chambers but this thread and the Donald trump thread have already become this. Let's be honest here.

Brilliant.

Let's create 2 echoe chambers because most people don't agree with you.

No one is bullied here, being told you're wrong is not being bullied.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Biden giving Israel a free pass to do what they like. Pretty pathetic.

Absolutely disgraceful.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

You want to be treated with something approaching respect, try posting thoughtful opinions of your own rather than link dumps and vacuous statements limited to phrases like 'this could get interesting'.

People who have been around these threads for an extended period got very tired of most of the posts in support of Trump given that like his own claims of his skill and success while he was in the role, there was usually a distinct lack of evidence in giving a supporting argument.

By all means support him, support the uber-conservative zealots currently running amok in the GOP who have sold their soul for a shot at power but be ready to defend it. There's no requirement to see a comparable amount of posts in favour of Republican or Democrat viewpoints, those who want to discuss and can do so in any sort of reasonable fashion can do so if they wish.

At a guess, 90% of US voters are pro Israel. Some because they're Jewish, some because they are evangelical and want the promised land free of Muslims, some because they're anti muslim and the vast majority because they have absolutely no idea about the real situation.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brian? wrote:
    At a guess, 90% of US voters are pro Israel. Some because they're Jewish, some because they are evangelical and want the promised land free of Muslims, some because they're anti muslim and the vast majority because they have absolutely no idea about the real situation.
    Don't forget how much control Jewish people have over media.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »

More dogwhistles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Jewish/Israel lobbying influence in the US is huge.
    It has its tentacles in everywhere.

Jews are one of the major source of funds for the Democratic candidates, and they contributed some 50 per cent of the funds for President Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign.

Biden isnt going to rock the boat, as Bishop Desmond Tutu once said "The Israeli government is placed on a pedestal in the United States and to criticise it is to be dubbed anti-Semitic.

The Jewish/Israel lobbying influence in the US is huge.
    It has its tentacles in everywhere.

Jews are one of the major source of funds for the Democratic candidates, and they contributed some 50 per cent of the funds for President Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign.

Biden isnt going to rock the boat, as Bishop Desmond Tutu once said "The Israeli government is placed on a pedestal in the United States and to criticise it is to be dubbed anti-Semitic.

Any citation for those 'facts'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The mask slipped a bit here eagle eye.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Smee_Again wrote: »

Careful now, if more than one person replies then it’s a ‘ganging up’.

Didn't realise Murdoch is Jewish

They don't. That's a myth.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    They don't. That's a myth.

Quite a commonly held one with certain people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://antisemitism.adl.org/?_ga=2.68313937.1725800619.1595293683-580709452.1595293683

Some light reading for you.

Smee_Again wrote:
    What mask?
    Who owns NBC, who owns CBS?
    I'm not criticising Biden. I'm just saying straight out that there are very powerful Jews who own the most watched news media in the US and I'm quite sure they don't want any criticism of Israel.
    When I moved to the US in the mid-nineties the most evil man on the planet was Yasser Arafat according to news media there despite him sharing the Nobel Peace prize with Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin that year.

What mask?
    Who owns NBC, who owns CBS?
    I'm not criticising Biden. I'm just saying straight out that there are very powerful Jews who own the most watched news media in the US and I'm quite sure they don't want any criticism of Israel.
    When I moved to the US in the mid-nineties the most evil man on the planet was Yasser Arafat according to news media there despite him sharing the Nobel Peace prize with Shimon Peres and Yitzhak Rabin that year.

Both CBS and NBC are owned by massive conglomerates which are public companies. Neither are owned by a person.

NBC is own by Comcast and CBS by Viacom. Neither were founded or are run by Jewish people.

This "Jews control the media" narrative has been rehashed over the decades and was never true. It's one skip over two the "Jews control the money" narrative peddled by the Nazis, who blamed Jewish financiers for the poor state of the German economy.

I honestly thought you were better informed than this.

they/them/theirs

Some light reading for you.
    You know nothing about me and posting that shows it very clearly.

Brian? wrote:
    Both CBS and NBC are owned by massive conglomerates which are public companies. Neither are owned by a person.
    Brian Roberts is Jewish.
    Sumner Redstone was Jewish.

• Advertisement

Brian Roberts is Jewish.
    Sumner Redstone was Jewish.

Are you sure? If they are, I apologise.

But it still remains true that neither own those channels, they're PLCs.

they/them/theirs

You know nothing about me and posting that shows it very clearly.

You're pushing an antisemitic myth, what kind of response do you expect?

You're pushing an antisemitic myth, what kind of response do you expect from people?

I'm not pushing anti anything. I'm staying facts.
    You are probably a Twitterattii type that jumps to accuse at every given opportunity.
    FFS some of my best friends are Jewish. I've attended their kid's Bar Mitzvah's.

You are probably a Twitterattii type that jumps to accuse at every given opportunity.
    FFS some of my best friends are Jewish. I've attended their kid's Bar Mitzvah's.

Some of my best friends alive and then therefore I'm not a serial killer (a serial killers defence)

You should be aware of the fact then that by being Jewish, doesn't by default make a person a Zionist. And yes, going on about the Jews owning the media is an anti semitic trope. As already pointed out, the most powerful in news media is not Jewish...

duploelabs wrote:
    Some of my best friends alive and then therefore I'm not a serial killer (a serial killers defence)
    That's just stupid, again something is expect from Twitter nit from an intelligent person.

Come on man, you can't seriously claim the "Jews control the media" isn't an anti Semitic myth.

they/them/theirs

That's just stupid, again something is expect from Twitter nit from an intelligent person.

Saying some friends of yours are black and therefore you can't be racist as a trope often tilted out and cannot be hid behind

You should be aware of the fact then that by being Jewish, doesn't by default make a person a Zionist. And yes, going on about the Jews owning the media is an anti semitic trope. As already pointed out, the most powerful in news media is not Jewish...
    The Chairmen and majority owners of Viacom and Comcast are both Jewish, that's a fact.
    NBC and CBS are the most watched networks in the US, that's also a fact.
    From my own personal experience of friends who are Jewish, there's a common respect for each other, a loyalty of sorts. It's very understandable considering the rough times they've had in their history.

• Advertisement

You offered an opinion, no facts. Why don't you share this opinion with your "best friends" and see how they react.

Advertisement