Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You offered an opinion, no facts. Why don't you share this opinion with your "best friends" and see how they react.
    I've stated facts. The majority shareholders, Presidents and Chairmen of the two most watched networks in the US are Jewish.
    I've often talked about this stuff with my Jewish friends and there's never been any accusations of being anti-Semitic or even unhappiness from any of them while discussing it.

Brian? wrote:
    Come on man, you can't seriously claim the "Jews control the media" isn't an anti Semitic myth.
    What is anti-Semitic about stating facts?
    I didn't say they were evil or doing anything wrong. I'm simply saying certain people who happen to be Jewish hold a lot of sway in the media and I'd suspect they wouldn't like the US criticising Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    What is anti-Semitic about stating facts?
    I didn't say they were evil or doing anything wrong. I'm simply saying certain people who happen to be Jewish hold a lot of sway in the media and I'd suspect they wouldn't like the US criticising Israel.

Citations for these facts would be great, particularly the 'fact' that you stated that the majority of shareholders are Jewish. Thanks

duploelabs wrote:
    Citations for these facts would be great, particularly the 'fact' that you stated that the majority of shareholders are Jewish. Thanks
    I didn't say majority of shareholders, I said the major shareholder as in one person in each company.
    This is widely known, I've posted the names.
    It's also widely known that NBC and CBS are the two most watched networks in the US.
    Like these aren't some obscure facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I didn't say majority of shareholders, I said the major shareholder as in one person in each company.
    This is widely known, I've posted the names.
    It's also widely known that NBC and CBS are the two most watched networks in the US.
    Like these aren't some obscure facts.

You never cited anything to back up these claims, just because you stated them doesn't make them true in our eyes, so please back up your 'facts' to ensure credibility

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote:
    You never cited anything to back up these claims, just because you stated them doesn't make them true in our eyes, so please back up your 'facts' to ensure credibility
    If you are posting in US politics and claim to know your stuff then you should know all of this stuff.
    If you don't know this stuff then you are a bluffer.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If you are posting in US politics and claim to know your stuff then you should know all of this stuff.
    If you don't know this stuff then you are a bluffer.

And if you make a claim then you are expected to back it up.

Otherwise people will believe you to be posting in bad faith.

Faugheen wrote:
    And if you make a claim then you are expected to back it up.

Otherwise people will believe you to be posting in bad faith.
    Why would I need to back up facts about two democrat supporters? Surely everybody here knows them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Brian? wrote: »
    They don't. That's a myth.

No its not a myth.

Who controls most of Hollywood ?

The statement was
    Don't forget how much control Jewish people have over media.

Its a very fair statement

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why would I need to back up facts about two democrat supporters? Surely everybody here knows them.

You said the Jewish has control over the US media.

I would like that statement backed up in facts.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »

He didnt

Faugheen wrote:
    I would like that statement backed up in facts.
    So you don't know who the main man in NBC is or in CBS despite the fact they are Democrat supporters?
    In other words you know very little about US politics?

Its alarming the amount of people who think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its alarming the amount of people who think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them.

Cut the crap. There’s shifting the burden of proof going on. Someone made a claim and refuses to substantiate it. This is an Irish current affairs forum not a US politics forum, and you still have your own burden of proof. What is said without evidence will be dismissed without evidence.

Suffice to say the US is not going to backtrack now on its support of Israel.

Overheal wrote:
    Cut the crap. There’s shifting the burden of proof going on. Someone made a claim and refuses to substantiate it. This is an Irish current affairs forum not a US politics forum, and you still have your own burden of proof. What is said without evidence will be dismissed without evidence.
    It's not crap though. I've been accused here of being anti-Semitic and if saying things I didn't say.
    He's right about this group in here that firms and attacks posters who don't follow the rules they've set here.

It's not crap though. I've been accused here of being anti-Semitic and if saying things I didn't say.
    He's right about this group in here that firms and attacks posters who don't follow the rules they've set here.
    You were also simply asked for your proof. You haven’t given any.

Either way the CEO of company X doesn’t need to be Jewish to prove Zionism, as was said earlier there is plenty of non Jewish support in the US for Zionism. I fail to see the constructive good of badgering on about Jews in the media or any other sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No its not a myth.

Who controls most of Hollywood ?

Christ, just waiting for the ""Jews control the financial system" one now and we'll have the full house.

Overheal wrote:
    You were also simply asked for your proof. You haven’t given any.

Either way the CEO of company X doesn’t need to be Jewish to prove Zionism, as was said earlier there is plenty of non Jewish support in the US for Zionism. I fail to see the constructive good of badgering on about Jews in the media or any other sector.
    I never mentioned Zionism. Simple loyalty between fellow Jews isn't anything to do with that.
    It's highly likely that a wealthy Jewish American has ties and even business interests that include people who reside in Israel.
    Its not a wild conspiracy theory to suggest they like the US to support Israel.

I'll post all the proof you want as soon as you all post stating that you know very little about US politics.
    If you did know a lot about it I wouldn't have to post proof.

I never mentioned Zionism. Simple loyalty between fellow Jews isn't anything to do with that.
    It's highly likely that a wealthy Jewish American has ties and even business interests that include people who reside in Israel.
    Its not a wild conspiracy theory to suggest they like the US to support Israel.

I'll post all the proof you want as soon as you all post stating that you know very little about US politics.
    If you did know a lot about it I wouldn't have to post proof.

Shifting the burden of proof is a logical fallacy. Proof of statement: https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/logicalfallacies/Shifting-of-the-Burden-of-Proof

Related: Alan Dershowitz slams Bernie Sanders as a self hating jew for criticizing Israel

Proof: https://www.businessinsider.com/alan-dershowitz-bernie-sanders-a-self-hating-jew-israel-palestine-2021-5

Conclusion: it is insufficient to merely imply that being Jewish confers a loyalty to Israel.

Now you try.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's alarming that you've doubled down on the myth by bringing Hollywood into it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

And yet that is precisely and apparently the entire flipping point of arguing that Jews running the media have bad motives.

Pull another.

Overheal wrote:
    Conclusion: it is insufficient to merely imply that being Jewish confers a loyalty to Israel.
    I never said being Jewish confers a loyalty to Israel.
    Another one making things up.

I never said being Jewish confers a loyalty to Israel.
    Another one making things up.

Well then what even is your point? Be so good as to clarify, this is a discussion after all.

What do you have as evidence that the chairman of Viacom only endorse/donates to democrats?

Brian? wrote: »
    It's alarming that you've doubled down on the myth by bringing Hollywood into it.

It really isn't

CNN grills IDF on its lack of evidence to support it's claims

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/can-you-show-us-the-evidence-cnns-stelter-confronts-idf-spokesman-for-proof-hamas-operated-out-of-gaza-building-hit-by-airstrike/

CNN is run by CEO Jeff Zucker, a Jewish American. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker

Seems to illustrate against the arguments being made about the Jewish media.

Overheal wrote:
    Well then what even is your point? Be so good as to clarify, this is a discussion after all.
    You don't have to be loyal to Israel to want the US to support them. If you have friends or business interests there that's a good enough reason.
    I don't see anything wrong with that either.
    We don't live in a perfect world and never will. Look who was potus up to January, look at the pandemic we are dealing with, look at Trump's deceased pal Epstein. There's a lot if horrible people and things out there.
    Simply wanting the country you reside in to support a country where you have friends or business interests isn't a big deal to me.

You don't have to be loyal to Israel to want the US to support them. If you have friends or business interests there that's a good enough reason.
    I don't see anything wrong with that either.
    We don't live in a perfect world and never will. Look who was potus up to January, look at the pandemic we are dealing with, look at Trump's deceased pal Epstein. There's a lot if horrible people and things out there.
    Simply wanting the country you reside in to support a country where you have friends or business interests isn't a big deal to me.

So nebulous conspiracy theory type bs? Arguing that people who are not here to defend themselves are running the media pro-israel because it's profitable?

If so that discussion belongs here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Eagle Eye wrote: »
    How little you know.
    Ted Turner owns CNN.

Does he now. Proof of that please. What percentage share? What is his role on the board of directors?

I saw you quickly deleted that - probably wouldn't have said it in error if you had bothered to check your proof first. Does this mean you don't know about US Politics, going by your prior logic?

• Advertisement

How little you know.
    Ted Turner owns CNN.

And Ted Turner has openly criticized Israel on their policy towards Palestine... Going back to the fact that being Jewish does not mean you support the actions of the state of Israel.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2002/jun/18/terrorismandthemedia.israel

Advertisement