Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The mistake was ever having a situation where he was interacting with his brother in a professional sense. I saw some incidents when he did so at the start of Covid and they were slagging each other over visiting their mother and I thought then that wasn't something CNN should be allowing happen.

Those staged interviews between the brothers were cringeworthy.

Democrats and CNN held Cuomo up as a shining light against Trump.

He was even awarded an Emmy in recognition of "his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic and his masterful use of TV to inform and calm people around the world"

The Academy members were entranced by Cuomo’s daily press briefings, 111 of them, each one a TV show “with characters, plot lines, and stories of success and failure,” according to Bruce Paisner, president and CEO of the International Academy.

In case the viewing public was confused about why a politician was receiving an Emmy award, the Academy showed a video of celebrity New Yorkers fawning over the governor’s ”New York tough” management of the pandemic.

“New York was suffering, we were the epicenter, we were all in a crisis, in a panic,” said Rosie Perez, “and every single day you came on the airwaves and you offered your strength, your leadership, and your direction and your caring and your heart.“

“In the darkest days of the pandemic, your daily briefings ‘Live from New York’ gave us hope, gave us clarity, gave us truth,” said Billy Crystal, “and gave us something that we were not getting from Washington. Leadership.”

Rober De Niro De Niro expressed his admiration for Cuomo, saying: “He’s doing what a president should do.” He added: “I could see [a President Cuomo]. I am for Biden, and want everything to go well for Biden, but at least we have a person who is very capable, a very capable backup, if you will … he’s doing a great job, he’s doing what any president should do.”

De Niro said he'd love to play Cuomo in a film.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Those staged interviews between the brothers were cringeworthy.

Democrats and CNN held Cuomo up as a shining light against Trump.

He was even awarded an Emmy in recognition of "his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic and his masterful use of TV to inform and calm people around the world"

The Academy members were entranced by Cuomo’s daily press briefings, 111 of them, each one a TV show “with characters, plot lines, and stories of success and failure,” according to Bruce Paisner, president and CEO of the International Academy.

In case the viewing public was confused about why a politician was receiving an Emmy award, the Academy showed a video of celebrity New Yorkers fawning over the governor’s ”New York tough” management of the pandemic.

“New York was suffering, we were the epicenter, we were all in a crisis, in a panic,” said Rosie Perez, “and every single day you came on the airwaves and you offered your strength, your leadership, and your direction and your caring and your heart.“

“In the darkest days of the pandemic, your daily briefings ‘Live from New York’ gave us hope, gave us clarity, gave us truth,” said Billy Crystal, “and gave us something that we were not getting from Washington. Leadership.”

Rober De Niro De Niro expressed his admiration for Cuomo, saying: “He’s doing what a president should do.” He added: “I could see [a President Cuomo]. I am for Biden, and want everything to go well for Biden, but at least we have a person who is very capable, a very capable backup, if you will … he’s doing a great job, he’s doing what any president should do.”

De Niro said he'd love to play Cuomo in a film.:D

I'll take your word for it.
    I don't pay as much attention to the goings on in TV circles or Liberal commentators as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I don't pay as much attention to the goings on in TV circles or Liberal commentators as you do.

I'm sure you dont...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mostly accurate though, maybe one side of a story, but fairly accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

WhomadeGod wrote:
    I don't believe you.

I don't believe that you don't believe Tell me how.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't believe that you don't believe Tell me how.

I believe you.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    I don't believe you.

I don't care.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Overheal wrote: »
    I believe you.

#believeallposters

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I think Biden is getting ready to get raked over the coals over KeystoneXL vs. Nord Stream 2 thing.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-jen-psaki-fends-off-peter-doocys-questions-with-questions-of-her-own/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

Another example of cancel culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Hhhhh wrote: »
    Another example of cancel culture.

Why do you say that?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Because only those looking to be outraged would be so outraged by his comments, and they certainly aren't essentially a sackable offence. Were they silly? Yes. Ignorant? Yes. Racist? I don't quite see how.

His suggesting that there is little Native American culture in America now isn't exactly incorrect either.

I'd genuinely hate to live in America. You've Santorum saying something stupid, and then ofcourse it gets blown out of all proportion:
    Televising someone with [Santorum’s] views on Native American genocide is fundamentally no different than putting an outright Nazi on television to justify the Holocaust,” said Fawn Sharp, the group’s president, in a statement from last month. “Any mainstream media organization should fire him or face a boycott from more than 500 Tribal Nations and our allies from across the country and worldwide.”

I mean give us a break. Complete hyperbole, and ofcourse CNN give in to the pressure exerted by a tiny minority of people (and no I don't mean Native Americans themselves).

Source is the Guardian.

Why do you think there’s no or very little Native American culture in the US?

If you can figure that out then you might understand a little better why his comments were so outrageous.

Why do you think there’s no or very little Native American culture in the US?

If you can figure that out then you might understand a little better why his comments were so outrageous.

I understand why. His comments were silly, not outreagous. Again, the response to them is complete hyperbole, like always in America.

I understand why. His comments were silly, not outreagous. Again, the response to them is complete hyperbole, like always in America.

I’m not sure that you do.

But that’s fine, CNN and it’s anchors were smart enough to see his comments for that they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

People have always lost jobs due to things they do or say, in or out of work. Calling it cancel culture is just an agenda.

salmocab wrote: »
    People have always lost jobs due to things they do or say, in or out of work. Calling it cancel culture is just an agenda.

And a great way of avoiding addressing the content of what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you think that saying there's nothing in North America before the Europeans landed (or words to that affect) is not racist, then you really need to look in to the reasons why you're wrong

Smee_Again wrote:
    But that’s fine, CNN and it’s anchors were smart enough to see his comments for that they were.
    What were they?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote:
    If you think that saying there's nothing in North America before the Europeans landed (or words to that affect) is not racist, then you really need to look in to the reasons why you're wrong
    I thought he said there was no history, no organisation.
    It was an opinion on history from the comments I seen.
    There did seem to be a suggestion that native Indians are a lesser people though which is racist.

What were they?

“We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here,” Santorum told students during remarks at a Young America’s Foundation event. “I mean, yes, we have Native Americans, but candidly, there isn’t much Native American culture in American culture.”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_60a92fa6e4b0313547978140

I’m not sure that you do.

Well you can be sure that I am. As I said, cancel culture once again exhibited by progressives rears it's ugly head. The days of this being a phenomenon of the religious right are long gone. Tis a pity what left wing politics has rurned into over there, and I hope it's seeping into Irish politics stops.

Democratic posters deny that cancel culture exists.

Yet keep posting examples of cancel culture :)

Can you describe 'cancel culture' in your own words?

I'm just trying to understand the split between the supposed ingrained belief amongst conservatives on the importance of Law and Order and the frustration they then express when anyone conservative is held accountable for their own words and actions.

Well you can be sure that I am. As I said, cancel culture once again exhibited by progressives rears it's ugly head. The days of this being a phenomenon of the religious right are long gone. Tis a pity what left wing politics has rurned into over there, and I hope it's seeping into Irish politics stops.

Explain what is cancel culture

That's an opinion on history, what is wrong with that?

He literally said there's nothing there before the Europeans landed. Do you agree with this statement?

duploelabs wrote:
    “We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here,†Santorum told students during remarks at a Young America’s Foundation event. “I mean, yes, we have Native Americans, but candidly, there isn’t much Native American culture in American culture.â€

That's an opinion on history and population, what is wrong with that?
    Native Americans make up only 1.6% of the population of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Democratic posters deny that cancel culture exists.

Yet keep posting examples of cancel culture :)

Would you say Liz Cheney was cancelled?
    It’s a phrase used to label decisions people don’t agree with. People have always lost their jobs for giving different opinions the only difference is now people label it when it suits.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Explain what is cancel culture

No. I'm not your teacher. If you what to pretend it doesn't exist well then you are free to. If you don't know what it is then do some basic research.

• Advertisement

No. I'm not your teacher. If you what to pretend it doesn't exist well then you are free to. If you don't know what it is then do some basic research.

Oh 'do your own research' line is really not a firm method of definition as it leads to a bias-led conclusion, that's why I asked you what you define as Cancel Culture

Advertisement