Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Hhhhh wrote: »
    I think it was silly but not racist. I also disagree it is at all like justifying the Holocaust. Where does he justify the what happened to the Native Americans? It was a dumb thing to say but it's just as likely, if not more, that he spoke out of turn and as a result of ignorance then due to him being a racist, and it has been blown out of all proportion like often happens these days, particularly in America.

He justifies it by completely dismissing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    A majority of Americans say they view "cancel culture" as a threat to their freedom, according to a new Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll survey released exclusively to The Hill on Monday.

Sixty-four percent of respondents said that there is "a growing cancel culture" that is a threat to their freedom, while 36 percent said they did not view it as a threat to their freedom.

Additionally, the poll found that 36 percent of Americans said cancel culture is a "big problem," while 32 percent called it a "moderate problem." Another 20 percent said it was a "small problem" and 13 percent said it is "not a problem."

The findings come amid the growing societal debate over cancel culture, which is defined by Merriam-Webster as "the practice or tendency of engaging in mass canceling as a way of expressing disapproval and exerting social pressure."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/545387-64-percent-say-they-view-cancel-culture-as-a-threat-to-their-freedom-poll?amp

A harvard poll finds 64% of Americans somewhat concerned about camel culture.

Despite many here in this thread even denying its existence it is very much a thing that many of millions of people are very concerned about.

It’s always happened they are only worried because it has a catchy name. People have always been in trouble in work or wherever due to things they say or do. The phrase is just a snappy thing that conservatives are pushing to try and make out they are victims of some new phenomena.

People fear but can’t tell you what it is.

Just what those using it want.

Hhhhh wrote: »
    Indeed, and no problem.

I respectively disagree, but see no reason to take this on farther.

You introduced the point...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,240 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He downplayed a genocide and claimed that the group who were killed off had no culture. It's very much the savages versus civilizing at work. Which is very much so a form of racism.
    Did he talk about what happened to them? I didn't see any quotes attributed to him about any of that.
    It is this just you putting stuff in there to make it look.lime something it's not?

• Advertisement

Do you think Trump's efforts to boycott multiple businesses was cancel culture?
    Why are you trying to bring me into the cancel culture argument?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did he talk about what happened to them? I didn't see any quotes attributed to him about any of that.
    It is this just you putting stuff in there to make it look.lime something it's not?
    He referred to them having no culture as if it was a sign of the strength of the US. So whatever way you read it, he was trying to downplay native American culture and imply the US brought civilization to the land.

I was responding to another poster....

He didn’t at all

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Why do you always describe the ethnicity of your friends?

Smee_Again wrote:
    Why do you always describe the ethnicity of your friends?
    I just seen this now. I only describe it when it's important.
    I never think about colour, religion or anything else unless I'm reminded of it which I was in the incident I described.

• Advertisement

I just seen this now. I only describe it when it's important.
    I never think about colour, religion or anything else unless I'm reminded of it which I was in the incident I described.

And always to back up your claim that you’re definitely not racist.
    Sure look, I have a [insert ethnicity here] friend and here is a totally true story.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back on topic. There is a separate thread for Trump

Smee_Again wrote:
    And always to back up your claim that you’re definitely not racist.
    There was never any accusation of me being a racist to the best if my knowledge. I was just giving an example of racism.
    I don't agree that what was said was a racist comment.

That's my last comment on the matter.

If you want to insult it accuse me of something then take it to pm or better still meet me in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There was never any accusation of me being a racist to the best if my knowledge. I was just giving an example of racism.
    I don't agree that what was said was a racist comment.

That's my last comment on the matter.

If you want to insult it accuse me of something then take it to pm or better still meet me in person.

ffs.

What are your, 15?

ffs.

What are your, 15?
    It took me a while to figure out what this was about.
    It points to what I was talking about earlier, seeing things that aren't there.

Like when you said someone was dragging you into the debate on cancel culture?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It took you a while to figure out that calling someone out to meet you in person makes you sound like a 15 year old? Really?

It took you a while to figure out that calling someone out to meet you in person makes you sound like a 15 year old? Really?
    I wasn't calling them out. This is what I'm getting at. You are seeing things that isn't there.

Go to pm or meet me in person is not calling somebody out.

I wasn't calling them out. This is what I'm getting at. You are seeing things that isn't there.

suggesting you meet in person is calling them out.

Why did you want to meet? Between previous PMs you've sent me, and another time you wanted to meet up I'm starting to think you have a bit of a crush on me.

• Advertisement

suggesting you meet in person is calling them out.
    That's in your mind, a mind that spends too much time on Twitter I'd guess.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Why did you want to meet? Between previous PMs you've sent me, and another time you wanted to meet up I'm starting to think you have a bit of a crush on me.

I find it funny how you can't just post without some sort of snarky comment.

PM or meet in person, we can talk privately then with no audience. I think we could understand each other better.

PM or meet in person, we can talk privately then with no audience. I think we could understand each other better.

Jesus wept you made a snarky comment in the post right before this one. You accuse others of seeing things that aren’t there yet did exactly that yesterday. Are you not big on self awareness?

That's in your mind, a mind that spends too much time on Twitter I'd guess.

your lack of self-awareness is unreal.

your lack of self-awareness is unreal.
    I wasn't being snarky with you, I was being honest. I suspect you spend a lot of time on Twitter and have developed this reading problem that's prevalent there as in seeing things in a sentence that aren't there.
    I'm very self-aware and confident.
    I see there's multiple quotes of all my posts and you all thanking each other's posts and you guys are not self-aware enough to realise that you are coming across as bullies. And this is happening all the time in this thread.

I wasn't being snarky with you, I was being honest. I suspect you spend a lot of time on Twitter and have developed this reading problem that's prevalent there as in seeing things in a sentence that aren't there.

No, it was definitely a snark. You know nothing about me. Nothing. all I can see in your reply is projection. Very trumpian.

I'm very self-aware and confident.
    I see there's multiple quotes of all my posts and you all thanking each other's posts and you guys are not self-aware enough to realise that you are coming across as bullies. And this is happening all the time in this thread.

this bully nonsense again?

Says you have a reading problem
    and then calls you a bully. This would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.

No, it was definitely a snark. You know nothing about me. Nothing. all I can see in your reply is projection. Very trumpian.
    It's not a snark, you accused me if calling somebody out when I didn't. There was nothing in or about my list that suggested that. You see this stuff on Twitter all the time so I said I'd guess you spend too much time on there.
    this bully nonsense again?
    It's true and it's very evident all through this thread and the Presidential election threads.
    That comment shows how lacking in self-awareness you are.

It's not a snark, you accused me if calling somebody out when I didn't. There was nothing in or about my list that suggested that. You see this stuff on Twitter all the time so I said I'd guess you spend too much time on there.

It's true and it's very evident all through this thread and the Presidential election threads.
    That comment shows how lacking in self-awareness you are.

people disagreeing with you is not bullying. People saying you are a terrible person is not bullying.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The following posters are now threadbanned, as none of you appear capable of discussing the topic - you all seem too obsessed with each other

salmocab
    eagle eye
    ohnonotgmail

Advertisement