Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Thread is as dead as the dodo. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thread is as dead as the dodo. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the man.

Politics should never be sensational, I'm glad he's getting sh!t done and not making headlines for saying stupid cr@p. Makes a refreshing change

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Politics should never be sensational, I'm glad he's getting sh!t done and not making headlines for saying stupid cr@p. Makes a refreshing change

Poor Trumpsters are desperate for drama, they don't seem to understand that politics is supposed to be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Poor Trumpsters are desperate for drama, they don't seem to understand that politics is supposed to be boring.

Thing is they conflate viewership with efficacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

duploelabs wrote: »

Headlines are full of him saying stupid crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Would that be on those "alternative" news tweets? Those tend to be out of context partial sentences with dodgy editing.

Anyway, I don't think that saying stupid crap is the ground that you want to compete on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1405216963190824960?s=19

Quite enjoyed this slip of the tongue :) Easy enough to confuse two sociopaths to be fair to him.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Did anyone see what happened between Biden and Collins?

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1405223618741559299?s=21

For me Collins completely misquoted him, and that’s what set Biden off. His last condescending line was out of order which he rightfully should have and did apologise for.

Interesting to see how the Trump-lovers try to paint CNN has partisan now mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've just deleted 40 posts of pointless back and forth off topic bickering. Can we please get back on topic folks, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaktainPicard

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1405216963190824960?s=19

Quite enjoyed this slip of the tongue :) Easy enough to confuse two sociopaths to be fair to him.

Pathethic the excuses,

:D:D
    babbling on nonsensically with obvious signs of dementia.
    He is admitting he has handlers that only allow him talk to certain journalists.
    The long long pauses and mumbling and veering off to barely related topics when asked a question ... but sure, I must be a "Trumpist" :rolleyes:

His wife is dragging him around not allowing him to talk either, he has the look of a confused old man that doesn't know where he is , it's pathetic the excuses the media are making for him - it doesn't make you pro Trump to see the guy is obviously suffering serious cognitive decline.

Even CNN panelist was questioning why is this guy so protected from the press, and never has any tough questions to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pathethic the excuses,

:D:D
    babbling on nonsensically with obvious signs of dementia.
    He is admitting he has handlers that only allow him talk to certain journalists.
    The long long pauses and mumbling and veering off to barely related topics when asked a question ... but sure, I must be a "Trumpist" :rolleyes:

His wife is dragging him around not allowing him to talk either, he has the look of a confused old man that doesn't know where he is , it's pathetic the excuses the media are making for him - it doesn't make you pro Trump to see the guy is obviously suffering serious cognitive decline.

Even CNN panelist was questioning why is this guy so protected from the press, and never has any tough questions to answer.

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 82,417 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Did anyone else see this absolute Putin-grilling?

This lady has brass

• Registered Users Posts: 82,417 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Holy ****, I wasn't expecting so much bipartisanship in one week.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/17/1007363054/congress-is-poised-to-take-back-some-of-its-war-powers-from-the-president

The House has passed a law to rescind the 2002 Authorized Use of Military force, aka AUMF, aka the 'declaration of war' on Terrorism.

I cannot understate how significant this will be if or indeed when the Senate passes it, if it has Republican support, which it appears to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,872 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Overheal wrote: »
    This right here gave me waves of emotional relief, that we once again have a POTUS with neurotypical human thoughts and feelings, such as remorse, and humility.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/biden-apologizes-for-heated-spat-with-cnns-kaitlan-collins-i-shouldnt-have-been-such-a-wise-guy/

This afternoon, Biden snapped at CNN's Kaitlyn Collins for suggesting with her question that he had some degree of "confidence" in Putin changing his ways. “I’m not confident he’ll change his behavior. Where the hell — When did I say I was confident?” adding that she was “in the wrong business.”

by the time he got back on the ground though Biden had been humbled:

“I owe my last questioner an apology,” he said. “I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy with the last answer I gave.”

“Look, to be a good reporter, you’ve gotta be negative. You’ve gotta have a negative view of life, it seems to me, I apologize for having been short before.”

was that really his apology?

i should have realised, yer one is in the press and they have a negative view of life?

thats pure insulting to all in the press.

the original incident, that was just him snapping cos he wasn't spoon fed an answer. maybe he was frustrated that he cant actually give an unscripted answer so this was his chance to do so?

Overheal wrote: »
    Holy ****, I wasn't expecting so much bipartisanship in one week.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/17/1007363054/congress-is-poised-to-take-back-some-of-its-war-powers-from-the-president

The House has passed a law to rescind the 2002 Authorized Use of Military force, aka AUMF, aka the 'declaration of war' on Terrorism.

I cannot understate how significant this will be if or indeed when the Senate passes it, if it has Republican support, which it appears to have.

seems like the dems dont trust biden with this power. i know some of them already tried to take the nuke codes off him.

that was a facetious answer. will read the article!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i should have realised, yer one is in the press and they have a negative view of life?

the original incident, that was just him snapping cos he wasn't spoon fed an answer. maybe he was frustrated that he cant actually give an unscripted answer so this was his chance to do so?

He turned back to the press to answer a question he could have easily ignored while walking into a building because he wasn't spoonfed an answer? Can you explain the mechanics of that in detail because it seems a bizarre viewpoint that is at odds with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Person, woman, man, camera, tv

astrofool wrote: »
    He turned back to the press to answer a question he could have easily ignored while walking into a building because he wasn't spoonfed an answer? Can you explain the mechanics of that in detail because it seems a bizarre viewpoint that is at odds with reality.

as i said, maybe he was frustrated that every question he gets is from a preselected group and in a particular order.

biden does it every so often and they strike me as similar to the outbursts of a petulant child against the people who he will get in trouble from.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Person, woman, man, camera, tv

as i said? maybe i'm missing something

as i said, maybe he was frustrated that every question he gets is from a preselected group and in a particular order.

biden does it every so often and they strike me as similar to the outbursts of a petulant child against the people who he will get in trouble from.

So, in your reality, Biden is walking into a building with the press shouting questions, then suddenly gets frustrated that his other questions are preselected and in order and stops walking to the building, walks back to the press and gives an answer to a question.

That in your mind is what actually happened here?

• Advertisement

So, in your reality, Biden is walking into a building with the press shouting questions, then suddenly gets frustrated that his other questions are preselected and in order and stops walking to the building, walks back to the press and gives an answer to a question.

That in your mind is what actually happened here?

people need to learn the definition of maybe. i am speculating.

whats your explanation?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

whats your explanation?

Watch the f*cking video, for a start.

whats your explanation?

I'm just fascinated that a human, capable of thought and speculation, can watch those events and come up with that explanation.

It's cuckoo bananas by the way.

But fascinating.

I'm just fascinated that a human, capable of thought and speculation, can watch those events and come up with that explanation.

It's cuckoo bananas by the way.

But fascinating.

the human mind is something else!

why do you think the POTUS snapped (surely we can take that for granted given he apologised) at a journalist for asking a reasonable question?

the human mind is something else!

why do you think the POTUS snapped (surely we can take that for granted given he apologised) at a journalist for asking a reasonable question?

What's the simplest logical explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

whats your explanation?

I don't know. He should be in good form. After all...

https://twitter.com/JohnCollins_KP/status/1405502819378008065?s=19

What's the simplest logical explanation?

i've thought about this for a few mins, and have come up with a few others explanations as to why the POTUS would snap at a reporter (basically asking myself why the POTUS would snap at a reporter for asking a reasonable question):

he was tired
    he was going into a high stakes summit and was on edge
    didnt like the reporter
    didnt like the question
    the heat
    drunk

i think my speculation in prior post is the occam's razor.

and if i'm way off track, what do you think is the simplest logical explanation?

i've thought about this for a few mins, and have come up with a few others explanations as to why the POTUS would snap at a reporter (basically asking myself why the POTUS would snap at a reporter for asking a reasonable question):

he was tired
    he was going into a high stakes summit and was on edge
    didnt like the reporter
    didnt like the question
    the heat
    drunk

i think my speculation in prior post is the occam's razor.

and if i'm way off track, what do you think is the simplest logical explanation?

The very simplest explanation is that he was frustrated at his words being misquoted by the press, got angry and later apologises.

This was also reported in multiple news reports from both left and right channels. You either have an agenda on this and keep trying to push some senile joe narrative, or you truly believe what you wrote and have to accept that you're not very good at reading situations.

I mean all your alternates are even more bizarre than your first try, drunk? Really? You think the president of the United States being drunk is another explanation for why he called out a reporters question? How does that confer any credibility on your future opinions?

The very simplest explanation is that he was frustrated at his words being misquoted by the press, got angry and later apologises.

This was also reported in multiple news reports from both left and right channels. You either have an agenda on this and keep trying to push some senile joe narrative, or you truly believe what you wrote and have to accept that you're not very good at reading situations.

I mean all your alternates are even more bizarre than your first try, drunk? Really? You think the president of the United States being drunk is another explanation for why he called out a reporters question? How does that confer any credibility on your future opinions?

so we're all on the same page, what was the original quote that has been misquoted?

i dislike him for 1 main thing...pandering to cancel culture/woke/whatever its called.

birthing people?

the alternatives were simply that, alternatives. not what i think, but possible explanations of him snapping at a reporter.

• Advertisement

so we're all on the same page, what was the original quote that has been misquoted?

i dislike him for 1 main thing...pandering to cancel culture/woke/whatever its called.

birthing people?

the alternatives were simply that, alternatives. not what i think, but possible explanations of him snapping at a reporter.

Not his lies about a public option? carrying on Trump's border policy? inaction on climate change?

You know, actual meaningful policy positions.

Advertisement