Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

Faugheen wrote: »
    People who don't think a dog dying is a big deal for a family:

1. have never owned a dog in their lives.
    2. are lying.

It should be pointed out that the tweet in question was also referring to Biden's dead son (essentially saying the good dog/son died in both cases).

Just in case just how horrific a person that guy is isn't clear enough. Someone posted a 3. To your list and I very much agree with them.

Christy42 wrote: »
    It should be pointed out that the tweet in question was also referring to Biden's dead son (essentially saying the good dog/son died in both cases).

Just in case just how horrific a person that guy is isn't clear enough. Someone posted a 3. To your list and I very much agree with them.

Nothing actually political about my addition, just an observation that anyone I've ever known that says sure it was just a dog/cat etc have been some of the biggest c*nts I've ever had to deal with. That particular trait does of course manifest itself in other things that they do and say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Biden just released the last nearly a billion dollars allocated for High Speed Rail in CA.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-administration-restores-929-mln-california-high-speed-rail-2021-06-11/

Although the project is a disaster, it’s not terrible from the Fed’s perspective. They can get their money back next year at California’s expense.
    https://www.enotrans.org/article/why-the-california-bullet-train-project-failed-7-worst-practices/
    “By allowing California to spend the federal money first, the state essentially went into debt to the federal government. As the State Auditor report pointed out, if California can’t complete construction of the Central Valley Segment by December 2022 (the deadline in the latest FRA grant agreement amendment), “it may need to repay $3.5 billion in federal funding, $2.6 billion of which it reports it has already spent.” This is why Governor Newsom made a point of saying yesterday that they had to finish building the Central Valley Segment, even if never connects to anything else, because “I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump.”

As of a couple of months ago, testing is still 6 or 7 years away, it seems unlikely the segment under construction will be completed by the federal deadline. https://www.city-journal.org/high-costs-construction-delays-plague-ca-high-speed-rail?wallit_nosession=1

On the plus side, a $16bn contract was signed this week for a more practical high speed rail link, which connects two cities (Dallas and Houston) instead of a town and an orchard. CA should have put the money into commuter rail, but it’s not glamarous

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Faugheen wrote: »
    People who don't think a dog dying is a big deal for a family:

1. have never owned a dog in their lives.
    2. are lying.

does the POTUS have that luxury?

he has a job to do.

did champ die, or was he put to sleep?

he has a job to do.

Right on cue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Right on cue

like ronnie.

my opinions/thoughts haven't changed in the last number of years.

maybe its just me? speaking to a kid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

like ronnie.

What??

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

like ronnie.

This reads like a text someone sends an ex when they are pissed. I'm sure that you thought you had a point but it's not coming across.

he has a job to do.

Irrelevant, dogs get put down due to illness.. Also there's no indication that the death has disrupted his work. It's like you're choosing to complain about his humanity because the last guy didn't have any..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So in relation to champ dying, who's going to be executed then?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/20/qanon-conspiracy-theories-pizzagate-infowars-storm-is-upon-us-mike-rothschild?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

As Rothschild details, the bulk of Q followers had little history of extremism but they came to see themselves as “patriotic researchers”, uniquely able to distil fragments of truth from the “drops” of fictional coded information. Some proudly described themselves as “autists,” insinuating patterns unavailable to the unenlightened, patterns that allowed them to understand, for example, “that when [CIA chief] James Comey tweeted about the death of his dog Benji in early November 2018, he was really signalling to the world that George HW Bush would be executed two weeks later – because autists know that pictures of dogs sent by prominent deep-state members are actually secret messages announcing an execution”.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    So in relation to champ dying, who's going to be executed then?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/20/qanon-conspiracy-theories-pizzagate-infowars-storm-is-upon-us-mike-rothschild?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

As Rothschild details, the bulk of Q followers had little history of extremism but they came to see themselves as “patriotic researchers”, uniquely able to distil fragments of truth from the “drops” of fictional coded information. Some proudly described themselves as “autists,” insinuating patterns unavailable to the unenlightened, patterns that allowed them to understand, for example, “that when [CIA chief] James Comey tweeted about the death of his dog Benji in early November 2018, he was really signalling to the world that George HW Bush would be executed two weeks later – because autists know that pictures of dogs sent by prominent deep-state members are actually secret messages announcing an execution”.

They're going to whack Obama. You read it here first.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Closet white supremacist Ron Johnson, seen here trying to take a victory lap over the passage of the Juneteenth federal holiday, was fondly remembered by his constituents as being the lone vote against the holiday in last year's Congress.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWaltonMKE/status/1406306518522343426?s=20

The trickle down economist said his opposition to the holiday was purely fiscal in nature, because he didn't see the need to give state and federal employees a day off to spend money.

in Presidential news, Joe Biden will soon be unveiling the WH portrait for President Barrack Obama, a process that was halted under the previous administration. According to the report, Trump's will still go up but an artist has not yet been picked and it's still down to consultation with the former, twice-impeached President: https://www.mediaite.com/biden/biden-to-unveil-barack-obama-portrait-bringing-back-longstanding-white-house-tradition/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Is he ignoring this?

He most definitely is ignoring it.

That poster has absolutely no integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Another shooting in Oakland and again all victims are black men :(
    https://abc7news.com/oakland-lake-merritt-shooting-juneteenth-victim-at/10813254/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

zom wrote: »
    Another shooting in Oakland and again all victims are black men :(
    https://abc7news.com/oakland-lake-merritt-shooting-juneteenth-victim-at/10813254/

Not sure how this relates to the topic of this thread. It might be better suited to another thread, or it's own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Overheal wrote: »
    Closet white supremacist Ron Johnson, seen here trying to take a victory lap over the passage of the Juneteenth federal holiday, was fondly remembered by his constituents as being the lone vote against the holiday in last year's Congress.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWaltonMKE/status/1406306518522343426?s=20

The trickle down economist said his opposition to the holiday was purely fiscal in nature, because he didn't see the need to give state and federal employees a day off to spend money.

in Presidential news, Joe Biden will soon be unveiling the WH portrait for President Barrack Obama, a process that was halted under the previous administration. According to the report, Trump's will still go up but an artist has not yet been picked and it's still down to consultation with the former, twice-impeached President: https://www.mediaite.com/biden/biden-to-unveil-barack-obama-portrait-bringing-back-longstanding-white-house-tradition/

Well it might have been purley fiscal in nature. Throw the far left a bone as they ain't getting any reparations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well it might have been purley fiscal in nature. Throw the far left a bone as they ain't getting any reparations.

So now the 'far left' are people of colour by your reasoning?

duploelabs wrote: »
    So now the 'far left' are people of colour by your reasoning?

Apparently. And why should they get reparations that would destroy the 400 year wealth gap between the races. They worked hard to exploit people for that advantage. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Overheal wrote: »
    Apparently. And why should they get reparations that would destroy the 400 year wealth gap between the races. They worked hard to exploit people for that advantage. :rolleyes:
    It is like 4000 years gap if even not 40000 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,595 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Iran says no to meeting Joe.

Do you think they are wrong to say they don't want to meet POTUS? The last time they met and agreed and deal then the POTUS simply walked in and tore it up, without any plan of what to do next, any reason apart from 'its not fair'.

Would you sit down with someone who had done that to you?

Unfortunately, Trump caused real damage and it doesn't go away simply because Trump is no longer POTUS. The decisions he made have lasting effects and Joe is going to have to work hard to try to restore some of the trust and diplomacy between many countries.

If they meet Biden, agree to a deal, they are probably thinking that Trump, when of course he is reinstated in August, will simply tear it up again.

I am sure they have better things to be doing than wasting their time meeting a POTUS that is only going to be in office for another 2 months.

• Advertisement

Donald Trump was right to pull out 100%.

He was, but he didn't, and now Donald Trump Jr. exists.

And what did Iran do when USA pulled out of deal?

Increase uraniam Enrichment.

A clear indicator of their intentions.
    Iran wants its cake and to eat it at the sane time.
    Donald Trump was right to pull out 100%.

What had they been doing before Trump cancelled the deal. Your post would suggest that even you acknowledge that it was having a positive effect.

But forget what Iran did after Trump pulled the deal. You original post was that Iran were not going to meet with POTUS Biden.

Do you think they should? What do you think Biden can talk about since he is only in the office for 2 more months?

CNN (@CNN) Tweeted:
    Iranian President-elect Ebrahim Raisi ruled out a meeting with President Joe Biden and called on the US to return to the nuclear deal, in his first international news conference since he won Iran's election over the weekend. https://t.co/0g3QRXG1Nj https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1406991603454156802?s=20

Iran says no to meeting Joe.

What do you think of that?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes but ivanka also exists and she is a straight 10:eek:

45 seems to think so....

What are you on about Biden being in office for 2 more months? :confused::confused:

Trump said he would back by August. Don't tell me you have stopped believing in him?

Be careful, you'll get one of those fundraising emails saying that they will tell Donald if you don't support him.

Do you think Biden should meet Iran, and what point is there for Iran since Trump threw out the last deal.

Which you acknowledged yourself was having the desired effect and Trump cancelling it has accelerated Irans push for a nuclear weapon.

I guess I'm just trying to work out what the point of your original post was.

So clearly the Iran deal should never have been abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hunter Biden is selling his art to mystery buyers for inflated prices of upto half a million dollars.
    How is he getting away with this?

Obama ethics chief has the following to say on the matter:

Former President Obama's ethics chief ripped into President Biden's son, Hunter Biden, for selling his art at prices ranging up to half a million dollars to anonymous buyers.

Walter Shaub, the former Office of Government Ethics director under Obama, said that the lucrative arrangement has a "shameful and grifty feeling to it."

"The notion of a president's son capitalizing on that relationship by selling art at obviously inflated prices and keeping the public in the dark about who's funneling money to him has a shameful and grifty feel to it," Shaub told Fox News on Monday.

Shaub also warned that the anonymity granted to Hunter's clients could allow "influence-seekers" to funnel money to the Biden family.

Thankfully Joe not doing this …

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I am not familiar with trump saying he will be back in August?

I am also not familiar with trump fundraising emails?

So can't answer your two loaded questions there I'm afraid.

Do I think Biden should meet Iran? What does it matter Iran don't want to meet him?:)

It's clear Iran want to build nuclear weapons and will do so with or without deals in place.
    They only said recently they will increase uranium enrichment by 60% after an isreali missile attack.

Anyone with a brain warned trump that pulling out of the Iran deal would end with Iran electing a hard liner when at the time they were turning more towards the centre and there was an opportunity for progress.

So I guess trump got what he wanted, a far right person in charge of Iran enriching away. Do you support the latest Iranian president? He shares your views of the world. I'm betting you won't have an answer.

Yes but ivanka also exists and she is a straight 10:eek:

Should have gone to specsavers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Should have gone to specsavers

Guess she's a 10 if vapid airheads are your thing.

Advertisement