Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

Guess she's a 10 if vapid airheads are your thing.

Or if your girlfriend has to be inflated first like the proud boys fan on one of the previous threads that said the same thing.

Personally prefer people with a bit of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Yes but ivanka also exists and she is a straight 10:eek:
    That you Donald?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57570587

So the senate just blocked the voting bill. Personally strongly agree with some of the parts of what I've read of the bill such as making voting day a holiday while disagree a lot with things like 15 days of early voting.
    I am sure that there will be plenty of posts tomorrow that forget that Ireland has a very strictly restricted access to postal voting, no early voting AFAIK and a requirement to produce ID at the the polling station, and yes I am aware of the Republican dodgyness about ID requirements in the past but as a concept the requirement itself isn't flawed.

Anyway the fallout of this will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So the senate just blocked the voting bill. Personally strongly agree with some of the parts of what I've read of the bill such as making voting day a holiday while disagree a lot with things like 15 days of early voting.
    I am sure that there will be plenty of posts tomorrow that forget that Ireland has a very strictly restricted access to postal voting, no early voting AFAIK and a requirement to produce ID at the the polling station, and yes I am aware of the Republican dodgyness about ID requirements in the past but as a concept the requirement itself isn't flawed.

Irish society, and its political structures, is infinitely different American society.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    If you believe that Iran were not cheating on the Iran deal then yes that would be your frame of thought.

Except now there’s no deal to “cheat” and no repercussions if caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,621 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Probably swing back to filibuster discussion. Infrastructure bill could be another direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

Well in case anyone is worried about CNN being too soft on Biden here they are flipping data around the place. Uneven x axis, flipped x axis and the basic topic is fear of crime instead of anything to do with actual crime.

https://twitter.com/EverydayasOrenG/status/1407528216659648513?s=20

Now the hypocritical right wants to cancel a sitting and honorably serving US general and defund the military for the audacity of studying all manner of philosophy, including Critical Race Theory.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/laura-ingraham-goes-off-on-gen-milley-for-teaching-far-left-marxist-racist-ideology-and-suggests-withholding-military-funding/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING NEWS - 'We have a DEAL': Biden announces group of Republicans and Democrats have reached an agreement on a $1.2 TRILLION infrastructure package after making 'compromises at both ends'

Getting **** done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

biko wrote: »

Maybe he just needs his cup of covfefe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Don't keep us in suspense. What's the punchline?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

It's a public speaking device people sometimes use when imparting information to emphasise that it's important. Its sometimes done light heartedly as appears to be the case here, to create the illusion of a secret being told.

It's a public speaking device people sometimes use when imparting information to emphasise that it's important. Its sometimes done light heartedly as appears to be the case here, to create the illusion of a secret being told.

Yep, biko has obviously never been a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,566 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Thanks for the explanation.

What, pray tell, is going on when someone uses phrases like 'Many people say', 'I've heard', 'they're telling me' 'everyone knows', 'People have said' etc?

Why don't they just identify the people who know or have said all these things?

I just had a quick look through this website.

Wow, it's pretty bad even compared to other inaccurate far-right drivel sites. Very classy too.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/townhall-michelle-obama-i_b_177947

Why are you subscribed to such websites biko? Do you not like to read reliable unbiased news outlets like AP and Reuters because they tell you the true facts, i.e. that Biden is doing a tremendous job so far?

In this case it seems more like an old man being weird and not a "device", did you even watch the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I just had a quick look through this website.

Wow, it's pretty bad even compared to other inaccurate far-right drivel sites. Very classy too.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/townhall-michelle-obama-i_b_177947

Why are you subscribed to such websites biko? Do you not like to read reliable unbiased news outlets like AP and Reuters because they tell you the true facts, i.e. that Biden is doing a tremendous job so far?

He posted one a while back from an account that would make Alex Jones blush. I asked him why that kind of stuff gets into his twitter feed but there must have been a crime by a black man in Sweden because he never responded.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

In this case it seems more like an old man being weird and not a "device", did you even watch the video?

Apologies, I thought you were asking a genuine question. I didn't realise this was the level Trump supporters had gotten to.

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

And just like that, biko found a new rung on bottom of the desperation ladder that had not yet been discovered.

We have a POTUS who knows how to make deals again.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/deal-infrastructure-package-president-biden-78473582

$1.2 Trillion infrastructure deal secured by the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Overheal wrote: »
    We have a POTUS who knows how to make deals again.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/deal-infrastructure-package-president-biden-78473582

$1.2 Trillion infrastructure deal secured by the White House.

You mean..... it'll FINALLY be infrastructure week????

He's also in Raleigh encouraging people to get vaccinated. It's a pretty good speech; only the most partisan hack could be offended by.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nothing wrong with that video

Nothing at all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Joe Biden is weird. Always has been. He’s a nutty old man for the last 20 years. It’s part of the reason people like him.

He’s an extremely effective politician though. Without his savvy, Obama would have got feck all through Congress.

But it’s much easier to post edited, context free, snippets of video and laugh at him than actually find some real criticism

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Brian? wrote: »
    Joe Biden is weird. Always has been. He’s a nutty old man for the last 20 years. It’s part of the reason people like him.

He’s an extremely effective politician though. Without his savvy, Obama would have got feck all through Congress.

But it’s much easier to post edited, context free, snippets of video and laugh at him than actually find some real criticism

If another politician mispoke as often as he does and was his age there would be a lot of people questioning it, we just had 4 years of people doing distance psychiatry with Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/opinion/mental-health-professionals-warn-about-trump.html

Here's a bunch of mental health professionals directly violating the rules of their professional body and getting published in arguably one of the best known newspapers in the world.

It's like the Covid-19 lab leak hypothesis situation in reverse, nothing changed about evidence but once it became polically harmless to talk about suddenly the fact checkers,commentariat , and reporters said it was ok to talk about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If another politician mispoke as often as he does and was his age there would be a lot of people questioning it, we just had 4 years of people doing distance psychiatry with Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/opinion/mental-health-professionals-warn-about-trump.html

Here's a bunch of mental health professionals directly violating the rules of their professional body and getting published in arguably one of the best known newspapers in the world.

It's like the Covid-19 lab leak hypothesis situation in reverse, nothing changed about evidence but once it became polically harmless to talk about suddenly the fact checkers,commentariat , and reporters said it was ok to talk about it.

If you compare footage from 20 years ago with today, Biden is a little less energetic now but equally makes as many mistakes. He's been famous for it for as long as I can remember.

I remember his debate with Palin in 08. All the talk was about how he couldn't win the debate but he could lose it with a few mistakes. There was celebration afterwards because he didn't say anything stupid.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

And so far, he's seeming like he's getting on incredibly well with few missteps. So the narrative that certain posters are trying to push isn't exactly fitting. Like compare it to the first 6 months of the previous guy, wasn't exactly known for getting bipartisan deals through etc.

• Advertisement

Joe have been asked about tests for mental abilities before.

When asked by reporter Errol Barnett, he angrily asked Errol if he was a junkie.

Advertisement