Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

biko wrote: »
    No, do you think your social media consumption is affecting yours?

Well, yes. Twitter is the only one I use and what I follow are mainly news organisations, journalists and academics with a proven track record. It keeps me informed on various topics which of course is going to affect my judgement. Were I to take a bump on the head and switch to hoaxers, conspiracy theorists, contrarians and hyper-partisans, my judgement would be adversely affected. It's a garbage-in, garbage out sort of a deal.

It's good to know that you're unaffected though, unlike all those other consumers of garbage who are completely aware of its effects.

No, do you think your social media consumption is affecting yours?

It's pretty clear it does if you're buying into the kinds of conspiracies you are. Biden comes across as more capable in every aspect than the previous guy. So if you believe he's mentally frail, what does that say about the previous guy? On top of that, eccentric quirks that don't impede his ability is pretty grand. If you come across me on the average day, I regularly make the weirdest jokes and I have a few nervous tics. This doesn't make me mentally incapable. Just the reality is people have quirks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't agree with his politics but that's not an issue here. He is the president and his politics goes during his presidency. That's democracy and how it should be.

He seems frail, the fall on the stairs of the plane didn't help his image at all.
    He comes across as a person that needs minding all the time or he will say or do something weird.
    But that's just my opinion, I am sure others in this thread think his whispering video and other things he's done (the seemingly inappropriate touching of children images) are perfectly normal for the leader of the free world.

Uh huh and what is your romantic opinion of Ronald Reagan, the literal presidential Alzheimer’s patient.

It seems truly bizarre MAGA can invoke Reagan’s name in hero worship while bashing a sharp witted Biden for being too physically old. It’s gas.

Biko he have a great speech in Raleigh last night have you seen it? You seem to equate whispering with frailty but he boomed quite a lot in his speech. Maybe you should check it out to disillusion yourself of your social media consumption’s false narrative.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

F*cking hell, people still using the stairs thing as proof of frailty.

I have fallen arse over tit many times when running up the stairs and I'm in my 30s.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    F*cking hell, people still using the stairs thing as proof of frailty.

I have fallen arse over tit many times when running up the stairs and I'm in my 30s.

Yeah can happen, but don't mention some people's inability to use ramps as others get upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Faugheen wrote: »
    Well, Obama's physician agrees with me.
    Dr. Ronny Jackson says Biden is 'not physically or cognitively fit,' demands cognitive test to determine if he should remain in office
    https://news.yahoo.com/dr-ronny-jackson-says-biden-144900412.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jesus man. Why don’t you debate in your faith? Ronny Jackson got elected for the GOP on the back of writing glowing reports on Trumps health.

It appears you don’t actually want a discussion

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Hispanic Community not entirely happy with a term President Biden used during his speech yesterday.

They are? Sounds more like you are. Who in the hispanic community have you talked to? Do they live in London too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They are? Sounds more like you are. Who in the hispanic community have you talked to? Do they live in London too?

They're in the "no go" areas he alluded to, but hasn't identified

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Just another casual racist term in a history of many for the President not too surprising to be fair.

So, just to be absolutely clear, you're against racism and wouldn't support a candidate who made racist comments?

Just another casual racist term in a history of many for the President not too surprising to be fair.

What term is racist? Latinx? Latinx is a way to refer to Latinas and Latinos with one word. Just because it may or may not be catching on does not mean it is a racist term. It's just another trigger word that seems to easily upset white republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Biden with a racist Hispanic term and now it seems kamala Harris isn't even going to the border.
    What a pair of beauties.

House Republicans (@HouseGOP) Tweeted:
    Vice President Kamala Harris isn't even going to the border.

She's flying into El Paso and going to a Border Patrol facility that's miles from the physical border before flying to Los Angeles for the evening. https://t.co/2VWd0aQSoC https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1408433852578664450?s=20

Do they want her to walk every yard of the 1933 miles before they are going to be satisfied?

What do you think she needs to see in a specific location? And where exactly is that location?

Vice President Kamala Harris isn't even going to the border.

What do you think would be achieved by going to the border? There's nothing there of interest. Do you not want her to check out the facilities of where people are detained?

Do you have anything else you'd like to be fake angry about today?

Ok, let's try again, as a test of where your bull****-o-meter sits, do you believe the reports this doctor wrote for trump?

And again, define who you think is a fit candidate, just so we know the bar you are setting here, we wouldn't want you to argue in bad faith, even if it is the previous incumbent.

And I will point out that this is another link dump and run blinkered tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

astrofool wrote: »
    Ok, let's try again, as a test of where your bull****-o-meter sits, do you believe the reports this doctor wrote for trump?
    This person was the physician for Obama, and as you say for Trump.
    Are you saying Obama's and Trump's doctor cannot be trusted? Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Are you saying Obama's and Trump's doctor cannot be trusted? Do you have evidence to the contrary?

"Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew..."

I take it you've never read this report?

Where was the racism?
    Tbh I’m more shocked you gave an opinion.

Are you guys for real there has been record high illegal immigration at that border since she became vice president and your trying to say there is nothing of interest at the border? :eek:

Yes, there is nothing of interest at the border. What do you think she will find at the border? Would you like to tell us where you would like her to go precisely?

Here. This is a maps program, it allows you see all of the locations in the world. Not only that, but if you drag and drop the little white supremacist in the bottom right, you can also see street imagery at such locations.

Would you like to tell us where you would like her to go using this tool?
    Wasn't trumps doctor also Obamas? Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're quite adept at not reading posts aren't you?

• Advertisement

I'm saying that like many people who were sane before Trump came along, drank the kool aid or realised if they hitched their trailer to trump, they could make some money/advance their career.

Kinda like Ronny saying stupid ****ing stuff lile Trump had incredible genes and would love to see 200 or such utter nonsense.

He's an idiot or a shill, like Rudi, Powell, Jones, Stone, Bannon etc etc etc

And again, once more.

I'm not saying anything, I'm specifically asking if you believe the reports that Dr. Ronny Jackson wrote for trump?

If you're too afraid to answer, just say so, and we can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Are you guys for real there has been record high illegal immigration at that border since she became vice president and your trying to say there is nothing of interest at the border? :eek:

Is English your second language? "immigration at the border" isn't "immigrants crossing the border." Have you got numbers on how many have made it in? More than usual are trying.

There's been a surge of apprehensions at the border. Not, "there's been a record high amount of illegals actually entering the US."

By the way, any thoughts on that number crunching on the economy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Ronny Jackson ffs :pac: :pac:

Dude...

You are not posting in good faith Aristotle and with the mood you seem to be in I am going to place you on ignore list for the weekend.

Unfortunately, it is necessary to be incredibly condescending to you based on your post content, grammar and opinions. My apologies if you feel differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Unfortunately, it is necessary to be incredibly condescending to you based on your post content, grammar and opinions. My apologies if you feel differently.

Oh, anyone requesting something resembling a numerical or factual analysis by WMG will be disappointed. Just another seagull.

Erm, hello, is Latinx racist?

Erm, hello, is Latinx racist?

Just to white republicans, not to actual latinos.

More attacking the poster.

You guys just attack anyone that enters this thread with a different opinion to yours.

If it's an echo chamber you want your welcome to it.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Donny Jnr has a book out you might be interested in....

• Advertisement

Odd feeling you're gonna ignore all the posters that have pointed to how Jackson completely destroyed his reputation years ago..
    More attacking the poster.

You guys just attack anyone that enters this thread with a different opinion to yours.

If it's an echo chamber you want your welcome to it.

This will be my last post in this thread.

You've claimed the term latin-x is racist... Prove it. At worst it's a term there's minor disagreement on and that's about it.

Advertisement