Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Just to white republicans, not to actual latinos.

Or anyone else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

WhomadeGod wrote: »

The Hispanic community aren't happy? Did you conduct a poll?

What do you think of what he said?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

biko wrote: »
    This person was the physician for Obama, and as you say for Trump.
    Are you saying Obama's and Trump's doctor cannot be trusted? Do you have evidence to the contrary?

You're doing the point here. Ronny is a GOP congressman. He is neither impartial or unbiased.

His status as a doctor is pretty irrelevant

they/them/theirs

Erm, hello, is Latinx racist?

Nope.

I know a Mexica dude he insists he's not Latino though. He says he's Hispanic because his ancestors were Spanish and not native American.

It's a complete minefield

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Just to white republicans, not to actual latinos.

My wife doesn’t think it’s racist. Just stupid. She doesn’t use it; as far as she’s concerned, she’s a proud Latina and sees no reason to “x”ify herself or anyone else. The Wiki article seems to indicate her position is far from a minority.

Our guess it’s a case of anglos attempting to modify a term to simply fit into the construct of a language which does not put genders into the noun.

• Advertisement

My wife doesn’t think it’s racist. Just stupid. She doesn’t use it; as far as she’s concerned, she’s a proud Latina and sees no reason to “x”ify herself or anyone else. The Wiki article seems to indicate her position is far from a minority.

Our guess it’s a case of anglos attempting to modify a term to simply fit into the construct of a language which does not put genders into the noun.

Yeah only 3% of U.S. Hispanics actually use the term.

Still, as you say, it doesn't mean it's an offensive or racist term.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Erm, hello, is Latinx racist?

Only to people who are so, SO, desperate to try an pin anything they can on Boring Biden because "their guy" went down harder than a sack of spuds...even if it makes them look completely ridiculous in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tony EH wrote: »
    Only to people who are so, SO, desperate to try an pin anything they can on Boring Biden because "their guy" went down harder than a sack of spuds...even if it makes them look completely ridiculous in the process.

Nah, simply it's accuse other for what you are guilty of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

At this stage. I think Biden could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and the zealots would still vote for him.

At this stage. I think Biden could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and the zealots would still vote for him.

Care to point to his outrageous behavior? Just seeming like you're perpetually annoyed by anyone who isn't trump.

• Advertisement

Give over. That's a disgraceful attempt.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump in 2016:

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Do you think he could impersonate a disabled person first, or is it straight from nice competent president to shooting someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Did you hear he whispers?
    Dreadful carry on.
    Impeachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Did you hear he whispers?
    Dreadful carry on.
    Impeachment?

I didn't hear that. what did he whisper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

No one knows, couldn’t hear him.

"It's me Austin. It was me all along Austin."

I see Joseph is carrying on the proud American tradition of illegally bombing countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Economy starting to really hum. Productivity gains, job openings and some real wage growth all taking place. Inflation not a problem. Brilliant stewardship by Biden and his team. All comes down to the reopenings due to the vaccine rollout.

https://slate.com/business/2021/06/economy-optimism-inflation-wages-hiring-jobs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I see Joseph is carrying on the proud American tradition of illegally bombing countries.

Bombing countries and unconditional support for Israel are among the few areas in which you'll find bipartisan support. It's shíte all round but not unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    Economy starting to really hum. Productivity gains, job openings and some real wage growth all taking place. Inflation not a problem. Brilliant stewardship by Biden and his team. All comes down to the reopenings due to the vaccine rollout.

https://slate.com/business/2021/06/economy-optimism-inflation-wages-hiring-jobs.html

Thanks Obama

Bombing countries and unconditional support for Israel are among the few areas in which you'll find bipartisan support. It's shíte all round but not unexpected.

But that's a red line for me.

That's absolutely inexcusably and seeing as they've abandoned the constitution on everything else, Biden can literally stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

But that's a red line for me.

That's absolutely inexcusably and seeing as they've abandoned the constitution on everything else, Biden can literally stop it.

What's your solution when US forces are attacked? Do nothing?

And these were, to my knowledge, clean military targets, weapon and drone/drone-control facilities, and they were targeted because they launched attacks from those locations.

Biden complied with AUMF and the War Powers act.

When US forces are attacked where?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The latest airstrikes were on facilities used by Iranian backed militia that conducted drone strikes on American forces on Iraq. What do you think Biden should have done?

Attacked wherever they are. If you want to argue the location matters make the argument. I don't see how it does.

The latest airstrikes were on facilities used by Iranian backed militia that conducted drone strikes on American forces on Iraq. What do you think Biden should have done?

The United States has zero business in Iraq (or Syria).

Unfortunately not all Boardsies agree, and will justify the massacring of innocent people.

• Advertisement

The United States has zero business in Iraq (or Syria).

Our withdrawal from the former is still in the works.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/united-states-iraq-agree-eventual-withdrawal-u-s-combat-troops-n1263364

Advertisement