Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

randd1 wrote: »
    Candidate 1 - I have an agenda for government that, using a modest tax increase on lower and middle wage earners and a significant rise in tax on high wage earners, aims to provide free healthcare to all, subsidized education, community work programmes for the unemployed, and with further common sense policies that give small businesses more capital and a better chance for survival as well as provide a batter work/life balance for the people.

AND I LIKE TO PLACE MY HANDS ON YOUNG GIRLS AND WOMEN INNAPROPRIATLEY

'Round of Applause amongst crowd'

Candidate 2 - I like Johnny Cash, Nascar, football, guns and I freakin love Jesus! USA forever!!!

'Crazed hysteria amongst crowd'

And you can be sure it'll hit over here as well.

https://streamable.com/imdpm6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

Who knew that having a dog wihen you're US president was so precious to people.

Bomb all you like, but please have a dog.

How do you feel about stopping the support for the bombing in Yemen? Surely that is a good step for this regard.

Bombing seems independent of having a dog given it has grown under every president with or without a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I suppose Trump could've gotten one of those robot dogs...
    But then that would've been fake dog, so...

I'll get me coat.

Well if you've got any Joe Biden scandals that don't amount to conspiracies etc, you're free to post them. If they're bad faith arguments or outright misrepresentations then they're likely to get called out.

I will leave it to you to decide what you think about this video and what kind of a man Joe Biden is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I will leave it to you to decide what you think about this video and what kind of a man Joe Biden is.

This video is probably the most posted video in this thread.

You can do surely better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You just couldn't resist bringing trump into it.

Well yeah. Trump was the most recent POTUS not to have a WH dog.

The poster was making the, valid, point that it is meaningless and seems that the US voters care more about that then US bombing people.

So it is relevant to show an example of a person that didn't do it. But not doing it didn't stop them from courting PR and public opinion.

So it serves a purpose and not something to get worried about. It harmless.

This video is probably the most posted video in this thread.

You can do surely better than that.

Didnt know it was posted before.

And no, no need to do better than that,

Any man that thinks it is appropriate to run your fingers through a pre teen girls hair, smell her hair, put your hand on her waist, or near the front of an under ten year old girls chest has not got a correctly pointing moral compass.

That video says enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Any man that thinks it is appropriate to run your fingers through a pre teen girls hair, smell her hair, put your hand on her waist, or near the front of an under ten year old girls chest has not got a correctly pointing moral compass.

That video says enough.

Okay, thanks for the doctored video. Bye.

That video says enough.

All it says is that you're the kind of guy who watches manipulated, sexually charged videos of old people and children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That video says enough.

As opposed to the last fella in the WH that used to walk into changing rooms unannounced when teenage girls were in a state of undress, but hey we don't talk about that do we

FYI, The first girl in your doctored video is his own granddaughter;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So much for the GOPs desire for media toughness. Marjorie Taylor Greene has reporter ejected for daring to answer a question about her endorsement of democrat-assassination fantasies

https://twitter.com/meredithawrcb/status/1354583053444780032?s=21
    [url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭randd1

I was just referring to the comment about the influence having a dog has on public perception of a president.

Yeah, I got that.

It's not the policy that effects you that doesn't count, it's the personality traits that doesn't affect you that does.

As opposed to the last fella in the WH that used to walk into changing rooms unannounced when teenage girls were in a state of undress, but hey we don't talk about that do we

FYI, The first girl in your doctored video is his own granddaughter;)

Ahh lads, don’t get your back up now.

In regards to the previous president, he was and is a self absorbed narcissistic twat,

Telling me one of the girls is his grand daughter only tells me he doesn’t curtail his creepiness to his own family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ahh lads, don’t get your back up now.

In regards to the previous president, he was and is a self absorbed narcissistic twat,

Telling me one of the girls is his grand daughter only tells me he doesn’t curtail his creepiness to his own family.

Your assumption is based on a doctored video. It displays a severe lack of critical thinking

I watched the video. He is very carefully and obviously placing the kids in front of him for photos. That's it. Nothing creepy at all. If you think that he is going to grope kids in front of the American press and on camera then you are a fool. If you think that doctored video proves that he is 'creepy' then you are a bigger fool.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Your assumption is based on a doctored video. It displays a severe lack of critical thinking

My assumption?

I am looking at a man place his hands on young girls totally inappropriately repeatedly. I assume he doesn't know what is correct and acceptable and likes to put his hand inappropriately on young girls.

Ive seen the 12:15 second version of the video.

The edited version doesn't change anything, and the longer version doesn't make it less pervy.

I watched the video. He is very carefully and obviously placing the kids in front of him for photos. That's it. Nothing creepy at all. If you think that he is going to grope kids in front of the American press and on camera then you are a fool. If you think that doctored video proves that he is 'creepy' then you are a bigger fool.

Let me put it to you,

If you were there for that photo shoot, and Joe Biden started running his fingers through your pre teen daughters hair, and then place his hand on her side just above her hip.

Would you feel OK with it?

Let me put it to you,

If you were there for that photo shoot, and Joe Biden started running his fingers through your pre teen daughters hair, and then place his hand on her side just above her hip.

Yeah actually, I would. He's very used to dealing with children considering he was a single parent for a number of years, has four kids and has grandchildren. Again, if you think he's going to grope a child in front of the American press and on camera, then you are conditioned and deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Let me put it to you,

Yeah actually, I would. He's very used to dealing with children considering he was a single parent for a number of years, has four kids and has grandchildren. Again, if you think he's going to grope a child in front of the American press and on camera, then you are conditioned and deluded.

That'd be a no from me dawg.

• Advertisement

No need to inch towards insults.

I am saying it as it is.

To coordinate children into the correct location for a photo, does not require you to run your fingers through their hair, smell their hair, or put your hands on their hips or shoulders.

It is not appropriate the way he is conducting himself in that footage with young girls.

Overheal wrote: »
    So much for the GOPs desire for media toughness. Marjorie Taylor Greene has reporter ejected for daring to answer a question about her endorsement of democrat-assassination fantasies

https://twitter.com/meredithawrcb/status/1354583053444780032?s=21
    [url]

Video is up now, pretty milquetoast though.

No need to inch towards insults.

I am saying it as it is.

To coordinate children into the correct location for a photo, does not require you to run your fingers through their hair, smell their hair, or put your hands on their hips or shoulders.

It is not appropriate the way he is conducting himself in that footage with young girls.

Did anyone make a complaint? Any social services intervene?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    That'd be a no from me dawg.

Dawg. Jesus.

Some people will jump the gun and claim it demonstrates that he is a pervert, others will jump the gun and claim that it demonstrates that he is instead simply socially inept, whereas the majority (including me) will fall into a middle category and say that he just behaves as if it is still 1970.

While many of those against his politics will say that he is a pervert and the majority who defend him will he say that he is socially inept, the truth is that this video is not enough to claim either of those things, but the confirmation bias of both camps will continue to categorise him as one or the other even though he's most likely neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Dawg. Jesus.

:rolleyes: whoosh !

• Advertisement

Remember when this thread used to be about the Biden Presidency? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Some people will jump the gun and claim it demonstrates that he is a pervert, others will jump the gun and claim that it demonstrates that he is instead simply socially inept, whereas the majority (including me) will fall into a middle category and say that he just behaves as if it is still 1970.

While many of those against his politics will say that he is a pervert and the majority who defend him will he say that he is socially inept, the truth is that this video is not enough to claim either of those things, but the confirmation bias of both camps will continue to categorise him as one or the other even though he's most likely neither.

Thank you for your very grounded and rational offering.

If i was to Pidgeon hole myself in one or other of the categories of politics in the united states i would say Democrats.

However, just because i would say that doesn't mean anyone who is democrat is then out of bounds to be to be picked up on their behavior.

All that said, i dont really see what the 1970's has to do with it, the man has just been elected president of the united states, he should know what is acceptable and what is not, and being that hands on with peoples young daughters was no more acceptable in the 70's than it is today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So, by way of criticism we have "creepy joe" tropes and the fact that he has a rolex watch. Have we had any "sleepy joe" stuff yet? Just waiting for a full house on my bullsh1t bingo card...

If i was to Pidgeon hole myself in one or other of the categories of politics in the united states i would say Democrats.

However, just because i would say that doesn't mean anyone who is democrat is then out of bounds to be to be picked up on their behavior.

All that said, i dont really see what the 1970's has to do with it, the man has just been elected president of the united states, he should know what is acceptable and what is not, and being that hands on with peoples young daughters was no more acceptable in the 70's than it is today.

It actually was quite acceptable back then (and even beyond). If you have a look at videos of politicians interacting with children back then as well as children in similar situations, e.g. children interacting with TV hosts on a show, they are just as "handsy" as Biden is now. And if the parents are also present they are smiling away without any concern.

This is however why "acting as if it's the 70s" should be seen as a middle ground. Even though there is nothing wrong with his moral compass as you claim if that's the case, he should still be able to adapt to the times if he is indeed socially competent rather than inept.

However, neither the case of him "acting like it's the 70s" nor the case of him being socially inept are that important politics wise nor do they really question his integrity or morality. So, in my opinion, it's merely a flaw in his personality and not a valid point to make when trying to criticise him as president or criticise America for voting him president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,994 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are you referring to something he has done since he was elected President, seeing as you said that that is relevant, or do you want to talk about something from years while saying that what was going on years ago, is not important?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Remember when this thread used to be about the Biden Presidency? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

That's a bit rich coming from you given your post #1319 which is so far removed from the Biden Presidency.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    That's a bit rich coming from you given your post #1319 which is so far removed from the Biden Presidency.

A member of the 117th Congress? Who has endorsed assassination of Democrats, the party of Joe Biden? :confused:

A member of the 117th Congress? Who has endorsed assassination of Democrats, the party of Joe Biden? :confused:

And who submitted papers calling for the impeachment of President Biden less than a week in to his term.
    She herself is clamouring to be discussed in relation to Biden.

What I’m concerned about is the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives, who is willing to overlook, ignore, those statements, assigning her to the Education Committee when she has mocked the killing of little children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, when she has mocked the killing of teenagers in a high school at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, what could they be thinking? Or is thinking too generous a word for what they might be doing?

It’s absolutely appalling, and I think that the focus has to be on the Republican leadership of this House of Representatives for the disregard they have for the death of those children.

Not only are they not interested in gun safety and gun violence prevention by passing legislation for background checks legislation, which is overwhelmingly supported in a bipartisan way in the country, but to have someone who would mock, call it a fake event, is just beyond, it’s just beyond any understanding of any regard that the House Republicans would have for the House of Representatives, for the Congress of the United States, and for the heartbreak of the families at Sandy Hook and at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. It’s really beyond the pale. You’re just going to have to ask them why they thought that that raised itself to the level of something appropriate to do in the Congress of the United States.

- Speaker Pelosi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In Biden Presidency news, Biden signs an exec order to reverse the so-called Mexico City policy that Trump expanded, eliminating funding for foreign non-profits that promote or practice abortion. So, that policy is gone, all to the good. In addition, Biden issued an order to the HHS to 'consider' rescinding Trump's restrictions on Title X providers, who provide family planning/breast cancer screening/sex education. Trump's change (no funding if you refer to an abortion provider), meant about 25% of the clinics closed as they lost funding. Hopefully HHS undoes this Trump disaster and moves on. In addition, at least 1 Senator is introducing legislation to remove the Mexico City policy permanently.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/biden-abortion-executive-orders/index.html

It actually was quite acceptable back then .

I would just say, your opening line i wouldnt agree with.

It was accepted back then, that doesn't make it acceptable.

In regards to being a good politician, thats not what we are talking about here.

Phil Hogan got the heave-ho for golf gate, because what he did was not acceptable.

what ever way anyone wants to try and square this, his hands all over the girls in that video is not acceptable from anyone, and someone who holds the highest office in the land of America should be held to a higher account.

Would you think it alright if micheal martin was doing this?

At the time, it was both accepted and acceptable.
    In regards to being a good politician, thats not what we are talking about here.

That's exactly what we're talking about. You're suggesting that these actions make him unsuitable to be president.
    Phil Hogan got the heave-ho for golf gate, because what he did was not acceptable.

That's not in anyway comparable. Phil Hogan went against health restrictions and possibly endangered lives in the process. Biden was as "handsy" as many of his generation are used to being but not as "handsy" as succeeding generations are used to.
    what ever way anyone wants to try and square this, his hands all over the girls in that video is not acceptable from anyone, and someone who holds the highest office in the land of America should be held to a higher account.

In your opinion, his hands were "all over them". To most people, they weren't.

Yes I would. As a counter, do you think you would find it as creepy if those actions were done by a 30 year old woman rather than Biden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

AOC going to town on Treasonous Ted again :pac:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1354848253729234944?s=20

At the time, it was both accepted and acceptable.

No, it is not acceptable
    That's exactly what we're talking about. You're suggesting that these actions make him unsuitable to be president.

My misunderstanding so, the thread title doesn't obviously say we discuss matters pertaining to his political ability, the man has made it be president of America, i dont think his political ability and shrewdness is up for question.
    That's not in anyway comparable. Phil Hogan went against health restrictions and possibly endangered lives in the process. Biden was as "handsy" as many of his generation are used to being but not as "handsy" as succeeding generations are used to.

Ahh hold on a second, where in the world are you pulling this narrative out of that people from the 70's are more used to being 'handsy' as you put it.

Its normal putting your hand on the outside of someones arm as they stand on one side of you as a gesture of kindness for a photo.

Putting your hand on the upper hip of a girl that age is way way bang out of order, not just being 'Handsy'
    In your opinion, his hands were "all over them". To most people, they weren't.

They were on,

Hair
    Shoulders
    Inner arm
    Outer arm
    Waist

Getting around a bit to be fair.
    Yes I would. As a counter, do you think you would find it as creepy if those actions were done by a 30 year old woman rather than Biden?

If the woman didnt know the child yes, but not by the same magnitude as an elderly man.

Anyway, none of us are going to change our view no matter how much we go back and forth.

I find it creepy, Pervy and totally inappropriate.

Anyway, none of us are going to change our view no matter how much we go back and forth.

Thanks, most of us don't care about your faux outrage.

• Advertisement

I would just say, your opening line i wouldnt agree with.

A quick question, has there ever been any complaints made against Biden in relation to this? I mean the "evidence" is there right? Have any of the parents ever made complaints against him? Have any of the kids made complaints later in life?

Thanks, most of us don't care about your faux outrage.

I knew that before i ever typed a single word on here.

No, it is not acceptable

Yes, it is not acceptable, However, it was acceptable.
    My misunderstanding so, the thread title doesn't obviously say we discuss matters pertaining to his political ability, the man has made it be president of America, i dont think his political ability and shrewdness is up for question.

The only reason this thread is active on a daily basis is because people who wanted Trump to win are questioning his political ability to still feel relevant.
    Ahh hold on a second, where in the world are you pulling this narrative out of that people from the 70's are more used to being 'handsy' as you put it.

Thats not normal putting your hand on the outside of someones arm as they stand on one side of you as a gesture of kindness for a photo.

Putting your hand on the upper hip of a girl that age is way way bang out of order, not just being 'Handsy'

If you want I can show you some clips of people from that era being as "handsy" with children on show and no one being bothered by it, including their parents if they're present.
    Hair
    Shoulders
    Inner arm
    Outer arm
    Waist

Getting around a bit to be fair.

And most people will say he was moving her hair back for a better photo, that there's nothing wrong with hands on a child's shoulders for a photo etc., and anything else you deem inappropriate is simply because he is out of touch or socially inept rather than creepy.
    If the woman didnt know the child yes, but not by the same magnitude as an elderly man.

And why do you think that is? What does that tell you? Would you be more inclined to believe that it's because that woman is socially inept rather than creepy?

Welcome to an internet discussion, where everyone is right and no one is wrong.
    I find it creepy, Pervy and totally inappropriate.

But by your own admission, you would be less inclined to feel that way based on that person's age and gender. In what way is that fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As President for the next 4 years, he's unlikely to be left alone in a room with a little girl anyway.

There is no plan for what to do if Biden is removed from office immediately. The Republicans will try to just jump right back in. Removing Joe Biden would be an unstable and stupid move.

Why don't you start your own thread for the Joe Biden faux outrage then? We are trying to talk policy and government in here.

flazio wrote: »
    As President for the next 4 years, he's unlikely to be left alone in a room with a little girl anyway.

There is no plan for what to do if Biden i
    Why would he be removed and why would the Reps try and "jump back in"?

And yet you claim to be not biased.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

flazio wrote: »

There is no plan for what to do if Biden is removed from office immediately. The Republicans will try to just jump right back in. Removing Joe Biden would be an unstable and stupid move.

There's a very clear plan. Kamala Harris would become the President. There would be no question of the Republicans jumping back in.

Don't lose heart. You might get a bit of mileage out of Hunter Biden's laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Zak Hudak (@cbszak) Tweeted:
    A second police officer has committed suicide after responding to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. Officer Jeffrey Smith took his own life, the acting DC MPD chief told the House Appropriations Cmte yesterday, per his prepared remarks https://twitter.com/cbszak/status/1354465078343585798?s=20

Right wing or left wing I think we can all agree this is sad news and shows how bad it must of been during those Capitol riots.

Advertisement