Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Water John wrote: »
    Just see your first point and that discredits anything else you write. Nobody mentioned €2K cheques. Won't engage with you further.

skip to 11:49 in this video. joe mentioned it himself.

thats the only way i can find that clip on youtube. all the others are gone :confused:
    he clearly mentioned 2k? maybe i need to go to specsavers. what does he say?
    help me out so i don't make a mistake again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

skip to 11:49 in this video. joe mentioned it himself.

thats the only way i can find that clip on youtube. all the others are gone :confused:
    he clearly mentioned 2k? maybe i need to go to specsavers. what does he say?
    help me out so i don't make a mistake again.

What does 1400 + 600 equal?

Its OK to take your time, nobody wants you getting too confused about this.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I see 1800Ladeen has tagged in yossar1an22 for a go.

Everyone to yossar:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

astrofool wrote: »
    What does 1400 + 600 equal?

Its OK to take your time, nobody wants you getting too confused about this.

He does say "$2000 cheques will go out" so it's reasonable that people might have expected that. I don't think he was trying to fool anyone, but the message hasn't been 100% clear for sure.

Faugheen wrote: »

Everyone to yossar:

giphy.gif

again, lets debate **** on its merits.

He does say "$2000 cheques will go out" so it's reasonable that people might have expected that. I don't think he was trying to fool anyone, but the message hasn't been 100% clear for sure.

what would be 100% clear in your mind? silly people of course. shame on us for misunderstanding.

he says 2000 cheques would go out immediately. now those cheques are not going out.

as a simple person, explain that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Faugheen wrote: »

Everyone to yossar:

giphy.gif

I understand you need your safe space

Water John wrote: »
    Just see your first point and that discredits anything else you write. Nobody mentioned €2K cheques. Won't engage with you further.

what about the other 2 points?

christ, i hope you're not involved in irish politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,203 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We may finally get Infrastructure Week!!!

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1356669690412679170?s=19

If they do pursue large scale infrastructure upgrades that'll create a lot of jobs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »
    We may finally get Infrastructure Week!!!

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1356669690412679170?s=19

Did they even have one?

My last memory is of a certain someone slamming their fists on a table and storming out.

Did they even have one?

Yes, it was right around the time of the Healthcare bill and the tax break for middle class america.

what would be 100% clear in your mind? silly people of course. shame on us for misunderstanding.

he says 2000 cheques would go out immediately. now those cheques are not going out.

as a simple person, explain that.

Many people have not received the $600 stimulus checks yet so they will instead receive $2000 cheques.

The fact that you can only find one mention of $2,000 cheques and yet there are lots of mentions of $1,400 cheques from the same time that that was said demonstrates that you are straw clutching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Good to see some swamp draining right away under President Biden; new SecDef dismisses all the DoD "Advisory board members" due to concerns about a flurry of appointments between November and January. This includes Trumplodytes like Corey "Waah Waah" Lewandowski, once-censured Newt Gingrich and others.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/pentagon-clears-out-advisory-boards-citing-concerns-over-last-minute-n1256550?

what about the other 2 points?

christ, i hope you're not involved in irish politics.

I don't know much about this LeVine person so, unlike you, I will not try to make an argument for my side just by reading the first few lines of an article.

As for Yellen, every single treasury secretary ever has had some form of ties to the financial sector (and such experience is often the reason they are chosen to be treasury sectary). She actually has the least number of ties to Wall Street of any treasury secretary I can personally recall.

She got money from the hedge fund bailing out Melvin, not Melvin themselves. Half of it was given to her in 2019 and the other half in October 2020. The fact that that hedge fund was later related to the Gamestop controversy is not relevant and is just a clickbaity title.

The real crime here is that you wrote $800,000 as $800G. Please never do that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If they do pursue large scale infrastructure upgrades that'll create a lot of jobs..

Almost certain the Republicans will say they can't support spending on infrastructure due to their new found concern for the National Debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

And it's not before time. Their infrastructure is in need of a major overhaul.

I understand you need your safe space

I see your other option was removed :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

4lwbtk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Biden putting children in cages just like Obama.
    (CNN)The Biden administration is opening an overflow facility for unaccompanied migrant children apprehended at the US-Mexico border, the federal agency tasked with the children's care told CNN in a statement.

The Health and Human Services Department will reopen a facility in Carrizo Springs, Texas, that can accommodate about 700 children and can be expanded if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That is very different. Unaccompanied children.

Trump actively separated children from their guardians, and then in many cases lost the paperwork.

Do you think unaccompanied children should be kept with adults?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Any link to there being "cages" at that facility? What should they do? Kick them out to roam the streets and fend for themselves?

The desperation of the Trumpeteers gets worse by the day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

another swing and a miss. trump supporters dont seem to be very good at this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That is very different. Unaccompanied children.

Trump actively separated children from their guardians, and then in many cases lost the paperwork.

Do you think unaccompanied children should be kept with adults?
    For balance purposes they're exactly the same icon14.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The cages bit isn't good obviously, but is Biden also copying the Trump policy of creating the unaccompanied status of the children?

If a minor crosses the border alone is a very different situation than them crossing with their parents, then the parents being separated from the kids and no records kept as to who the kids are especially when they might be too young to even know who they are or who their parents are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Igotadose wrote: »
    Good to see some swamp draining right away under President Biden; new SecDef dismisses all the DoD "Advisory board members" due to concerns about a flurry of appointments between November and January. This includes Trumplodytes like Corey "Waah Waah" Lewandowski, once-censured Newt Gingrich and others.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/pentagon-clears-out-advisory-boards-citing-concerns-over-last-minute-n1256550?

LOL.
    they just hire all the blackrock hedge fund managers and ex obama advisors who spent last 4 years working for lobby groups and think tanks which are hugely funded by the major arms manufactures.

but don't worry the kids of the middle east or USA's next target will be delighted that the drone sent to kill them is piloted by a transgender rather than some redneck.:rolleyes:

swamp indeed.

• Advertisement

According to that article that you did not read, there has been an increase in unaccompanied children crossing the border lately.

Those kids need to go somewhere before they can be placed in safe and supportive homes.

This bothers you but Trump's removing of kids from their parents doesn't I assume?

Any link to there being "cages" at that facility? What should they do? Kick them out to roam the streets and fend for themselves?

The desperation of the Trumpeteers gets worse by the day. :rolleyes:

They are cages according to Democrats like AOC.

Joe Biden lies

stated on September 12, 2019 in a Democratic debate:
    Says the Obama administration "didn't lock people up in cages."

But for Biden to say that Obama’s administration did not put people in cages is inaccurate. Obama and Biden in 2014 saw an influx of children arriving at the border without a parent or guardian, and reporting from 2014 by the Arizona Republic referred to a chain-link enclosure holding children as "cages." A former Homeland Security secretary under the Obama administration in interviews has acknowledged that some have described as "cages" the enclosures used during Obama’s tenure.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/sep/13/joe-biden/fact-checking-biden-use-cages-during-obama-adminis/

Another one for the spreadsheet of embarrassing and failed attempts at a breakdown.

Can we get that sticky going please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

paw patrol wrote: »
    LOL.
    they just hire all the blackrock hedge fund managers and ex obama advisors who spent last 4 years working for lobby groups and think tanks which are hugely funded by the major arms manufactures.

but don't worry the kids of the middle east or USA's next target will be delighted that the drone sent to kill them is piloted by a transgender rather than some redneck.:rolleyes:

swamp indeed.
    Does Biden differ from Trump on policy at all?

What's Biden's stance on selling arms to Saudi Arabia, and supporting their war in Yemen?

According to that article that you did not read, there has been an increase in unaccompanied children crossing the border lately.

Those kids need to go somewhere before they can be placed in safe and supportive homes.

This bothers you but Trump's removing of kids from their parents doesn't I assume?

Obama and Biden removed children from their parents.

Even CNN says so. :confused:

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/democratic-debate-september-2019/h_ca819e341152d783479eb2dc6240c08c

Obama/Biden deported record number of Mexicans and also were in the process of building a barrier with the Mexican border.
    brancaccio: The Obama Administration is putting the finishing touches on a border fence with Mexico that congress approved back in 2006 in a victory for immigration hardliners. Yet the project is making some folks in south Texas very angry, and lots of them think the multi-billion dollar fence won't work. Senior Correspondent Maria Hinojosa and producers Kathleen Hughes and Fae Moore have our report.

https://www.pbs.org/now/shows/527/transcript.html

• Advertisement

Another one for the spreadsheet of embarrassing and failed attempts at a breakdown.

Can we get that sticky going please?

:confused:

Why did the other Democratic candidates in the presidential primary debates claim Biden/Obana administration did it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

:confused:

Why did the other Democratic candidates in the presidential primary debates claim Biden/Obana administration did it? :confused:

do you understand the difference between unaccompanied children and children forcibly removed from their parents and in some cases subsequently lost?

Eh your own article answers that question.
    They occurred in exceptional cases. Examples include those where the parent was being criminally prosecuted for carrying drugs across the border or other serious crimes aside from illegal crossing, those where human trafficking was suspected and those where the authorities could not confirm the connection between the child and the adult.

The separations didn’t happen as a result of a blanket policy, however, as was the case during the Trump administration’s controversial “zero tolerance” policy last year.

Are you trying to suggest that a blanket policy is any way comparable to children being removed from their (possible) parents for their own good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And again, it clearly states that it wasn't done systemically, although it did happen under certain circumstances.

Trump build separation into the system itself, it was actually the plan. It was very different.

You know all of this, why are you trying to push something that even some a basic reading isn't even remotely comparable?

Does Biden differ from Trump on policy at all?

What's Biden's stance on selling arms to Saudi Arabia, and supporting their war in Yemen?

Him and Obama prefer a fence that a wall with Mexico.

brancaccio: The Obama Administration is putting the finishing touches on a border fence with Mexico that congress approved back in 2006 in a victory for immigration hardliners. Yet the project is making some folks in south Texas very angry, and lots of them think the multi-billion dollar fence won't work. Senior Correspondent Maria Hinojosa and producers Kathleen Hughes and Fae Moore have our report.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And again, it clearly states that it wasn't done systemically, although it did happen under certain circumstances.

Trump build separation into the system itself, it was actually the plan. It was very different.

You know all of this, why are you trying to push something that even some a basic reading isn't even remotely comparable?

Trump, Sessions and Miller saw this as a specific tactic to encourage people not to cross the border. Those that did were punished by their kids being taken away.

And then lost.

Biden has now set up a task force to try and reunite kids with their own parents.

Obama used a catch and release which was extremely effective.

Hopefully, the poster will now stop taking headlines for face value and realise that maybe Trump was quite the unadulterated ***** people said he was.

Him and Obama prefer a fence that a wall with Mexico.

From your own article - the fence was approved "by Congress" in "2006"! Obama got in in 2008? So what Obama did was implement a policy established before his time as POTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is the argument here that the Biden/Obama administrations were a fraction as bad as the Trump one?

I know that he's trying to argue that the Biden and Obama ones weren't perfect and therefore something but all that he's highlighting is how awful the Trump admin was.

From your own article - the fence was approved "by Congress" in "2006"! Obama got in in 2008? So what Obama did was implement a policy established before his time as POTUS.

He voted for it in Congress and promised to built it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/kfile-biden-drugs-fence-2006/index.html

(CNN)Joe Biden once spoke about jailing employers who hire "illegals," said sanctuary cities shouldn't be allowed to violate federal law, and argued a fence was needed stop "tons" of drugs coming into the country from "corrupt Mexico."

Then-Sen. Biden's past comments, which he made in the run-up to and during the 2008 presidential race, show an approach to the issue of immigration that could run afoul of the party's more liberal wing as Biden seeks the Democratic nomination to take on President Donald Trump in 2020.

MILWAUKEE — Joe Biden has had a two-word retort to recent questions about his record on civil rights and race: Barack Obama.

But when it comes to Latinos and immigration, Biden is learning that the Obama defense doesn’t do the trick: The former Democratic administration’s mass deportations of 3 million people provoked fear and fury in the community at the time, and the bad taste has lingered even with Donald Trump in the White House.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/biden-immigration-2020-1411691

I reckon he can beat the Obama record.

• Advertisement

He voted for it in Congress and promised to built it.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/kfile-biden-drugs-fence-2006/index.html

(CNN)Joe Biden once spoke about jailing employers who hire "illegals," said sanctuary cities shouldn't be allowed to violate federal law, and argued a fence was needed stop "tons" of drugs coming into the country from "corrupt Mexico."

Then-Sen. Biden's past comments, which he made in the run-up to and during the 2008 presidential race, show an approach to the issue of immigration that could run afoul of the party's more liberal wing as Biden seeks the Democratic nomination to take on President Donald Trump in 2020.

Out of curiosity, do you disagree with Biden's approach here?

I'm also interested to know if landofthetree's issue with Biden is one of policy, or perceived hypocrisy?

MILWAUKEE — Joe Biden has had a two-word retort to recent questions about his record on civil rights and race: Barack Obama.

But when it comes to Latinos and immigration, Biden is learning that the Obama defense doesn’t do the trick: The former Democratic administration’s mass deportations of 3 million people provoked fear and fury in the community at the time, and the bad taste has lingered even with Donald Trump in the White House.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/biden-immigration-2020-1411691

I reckon he can beat the Obama record.

So are you another Trumpist who's just going to spend his time quoting articles and ignore replies to said articles? What is the motivation for us to reply to you if you are just going to ignore our replies?

So are you another Trumpist who's just going to spend his time quoting articles and ignore replies to said articles? What is the motivation for us to reply to you if you are just going to ignore our replies?

That spam won't spam itself.

I am pro open borders.

I am pro free trade.

Racists like the Democrats arent.

North America,Central America and South America should have free movement of people.

I am pro open borders.

I am pro free trade.

Would you align yourself with AOC and Bernie Sanders? Or further left of them?

I am pro open borders.

I am pro free trade.

What does that (incorrect awful final statement) have to do with what I said? Are you going to reply to my last comment or not?

You are of the opinion that immigrant children should never be separated even if there is significant evidence of human trafficking, that the child's life is in danger if they are not separated etc. That such separation should never happen just so that the current administration can say that they never separated children.

Would you like to explain your rationale behind your way of thinking?

astrofool wrote: »
    Would you align yourself with AOC and Bernie Sanders? Or further left of them?

Left wingers like AOC arent pro free trade. :confused:

Then hate it and think Trump didnt go far enough with tariffs.

Then think the poor on less than 1 dollar a week shouldnt get free trade. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am pro open borders.

I am pro free trade.

Ah ok. Does your post history back this up, yeah?

Advertisement