Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

It is the right move by the Us government. However the us was never about democracy, diplomacy and human rights. It was about bullying, threatening and meddling to suit it's own needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

What in the world is going on in this woman's head. She is terrible.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1357381715401056256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What is about it that isn't clear to you?
    You do know how vaccines work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Many will be shocked I'm defending jen but what I think she means is vaccinated people will have to wear masks untill everyone is vaccinated as not to infect people who haven't been vaccinated yet.

If she is in fact on the other hand suggesting we have to wear masks forever after vaccination then yes I agree with you that's terrible and doubt many Americans will follow that rule for the rest of their lives.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

More **** posting.

Seriously. You know full well what she means here and you’re only posting out of pure faux-outrage after manipulating the facts.

Run along now until the next fake rage inducing video you find on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Why do you think this is terrible?

To use an example, my sister is a nurse. She is now fully vaccinated. She lives near me, I see her occasionally, we wear masks and distance. The reason being is we don't know if the vaccine prevents her from spreading the virus... So what outrageous thing did Psaki say?

I'd also suspect things like masks in supermarkets will become common in the long term. Similar to Asian countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,205 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are you annoyed she has lasted longer than a Scaramucci?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I believe that she is ex CNN. With the link between the Democrats and that rubbish tv network giving her that role has ensured soft ball questions, favoritism and a lack of criticism from the media.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

To use an example, my sister is a nurse. She is now fully vaccinated. She lives near me, I see her occasionally, we wear masks and distance. The reason being is we don't know if the vaccine prevents her from spreading the virus... So what outrageous thing did Psaki say?

I'd also suspect things like masks in supermarkets will become common in the long term. Similar to Asian countries.

Asking everyone to still wear mask and socially distance also helps prevent people claiming they don't need to wear a mask or socially distance when they haven't had a vaccine yet. Keep everyone in the same boat for a short while longer for the good of all and prevent creating divisions where not needed.

• Advertisement

I believe that she is ex CNN. With the link between the Democrats and that rubbish tv network giving her that role has ensured soft ball questions, favoritism and a lack of criticism from the media.

Can you clarify what exactly ye are outraged by? It seems like you're searching for something to be outraged by and failing miserably.

Conspiracy theories everywhere!

At least Biden doesn't ring up Rachel Maddow and ask her about international relations, al la Trump and Hannity or Carlson.

Competence really is frightening to Trump supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

All this sudden interest in the competence of the Press Secretary...I don't remember similar criticisms from said posters when McEnany was lying through her teeth every day. Trumpers and hypocrisy go hand in hand though so it's not much of a surprise.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Even for you , that's a stretch to say the least.

How does that compare with Kayleigh McEnany?

I mean surely her FAR closer links with Fox News (that rubbish TV Network) ensured she got soft-ball questions and a lack of criticism from the right-wing media?

From 2001, Psaki worked for various Politicians initially in Iowa , then moving to work on the Kerry presidential campaign , then for a Congressman.

From 2008 to 2011 she was in various Press Sec roles in the Obama administration.

She then went to work in the private sector for Global Strategy Group for a short while before returning to the WH in 2012 in various Communications roles until the end of that administration.

In 2017 she began working as a political commentator for CNN.

So , she had 15+ year career in and around Politics as Press Secretary/Spokesperson for a variety of Politicians and/or Government Departments and then based on that extensive experience she got a role as a commentator on CNN.

Unlike say a significant number of Trump appointees who started as ranting right-wing mouthpieces on Fox News and then got jobs in the Trump administration not because of experience or qualifications , but because they said nice things about Trump on TV.

I don't remember similar criticisms from said posters when McEnany was lying through her teeth every day.

Could you post a video of her lying?
    I'm not saying she didn't but would just like to see for myself.
    Thankyou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thankyou

one example, like you actually care. https://www.vox.com/2020/9/23/21451585/kayleigh-mcenany-white-house-press-briefing-lies

Thankyou

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=kayleigh+mcenany+lying

Thankyou I appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can you clarify what exactly ye are outraged by? It seems like you're searching for something to be outraged by and failing miserably.

Guys, you've got it all wrong. You seem to think EXmach is talking about the use of masks etc.

Clearly, they are pointing out the "what is going in this woman head. She is terrible" is obviously because the colour of her top clashes with the background.

I mean, I'm just thankful we can't see her shoes as god only knows what terrible choices she makes in that department.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

I hope you get all the likes you were looking for and more 🙂

I hope you get all the likes you were looking for and more 🙂

If I have educated one Trump supporter how to use the internet effectively, my job here is done.

Good luck and Godspeed...

If I have educated one Trump supporter how to use the internet effectively, my job here is done.

Good luck and Godspeed...

So now Im too dumb to use the internet?
    yesterday I was told I had lost my mind?

I would rather you didn't attack me personally.
    I dont attack your characters in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

All this sudden interest in the competence of the Press Secretary...I don't remember similar criticisms from said posters when McEnany was lying through her teeth every day. Trumpers and hypocrisy go hand in hand though so it's not much of a surprise.

Or when Stephanie Grisham never held a press conference... Laughable.

Well done on taking the daily "I'm a Trump supporter and I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll incorrectly assume that this advice is wrong and post this so I can feel smug and then cover my ears when I realise that that person was in fact right and what I said about this person actually applies to me instead" award.

Whether you can hold that award for the whole day or not, only time will tell.

I'm not trying to attack you here but genuinely, why did you not Google "Kayleigh Mcenany lying" instead of asking someone to Google it for you? It's not like we have these videos bookmarked or something. If you ask someone to link to an example, the way we do it is by Googling it as well. You also would have found your answer in a few seconds rather than waiting a few minutes for someone to reply, and you would have found more examples too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm not trying to attack you here but genuinely, why did you not Google "Kayleigh Mcenany lying" instead of asking someone to Google it for you? It's not like we have these videos bookmarked or something. If you ask someone to link to an example, the way we do it is by Googling it as well. You also would have found your answer in a few seconds rather than waiting a few minutes for someone to reply, and you would have found more examples too.

If someone says that they didn't know that Kayleigh lied, then only two logical conclusions can be drawn. 1. They are lying. 2. They know very little about American politics.

You asked for an example of her lying, presumably because you don't live in a world where people know that she does and did every single time she opened her mouth.

Rather than go and check that yourself, you ask someone else to do it for you.

When they do, you don't acknowledge that Kayleigh was a prolific liar, nor do you acknowledge that the comparison to the current press Secretary is ridiculous.

Avoiding having to type 3 simple words into a search engine as opposed to typing out a longer question on boards is a shining example of the level of effort you contribute to this thread imho.

And you should cut down on the pearl clutching. You'll ruin your necklace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Social distancing and mask wearing are still essential until approx 70% are vaccinated ensuring herd immunity. So another swing and a miss there from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

It is actually hilarious, the straw clutching going on. They don't *really* care about her competence. It is a lame attempt to provoke.

https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1357646352554090497?s=19

After criminal mismanagement of the COVID crisis by the Republicans, Democrats win the election, put a relief package together for those affected and have to use the deciding vote of the VP because Republicans refused to help clean up their own ****ing mess.

Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

I see Joseph is keeping the Yanks in Afghanistan, with absolutely no goal, plan or exit strategy outlined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭randd1

https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1357646352554090497?s=19

After criminal mismanagement of the COVID crisis by the Republicans, Democrats win the election, put a relief package together for those affected and have to use the deciding vote of the VP because Republicans refused to help clean up their own ****ing mess.

Unbelievable.

There was a time when I looked at Republicans and Democrats, and saw two cheeks of the same arse.

But in the last 10 years or so, the Republicans have fast gone downhill as a party. Between the repeated failures of trickle down economics, paranoia, racist rhetoric, conspiracy theory led policies, the complete abandonment of commons sense by most of it's leaders and supporters, and no discernible plan for the future other the own the libtards, they've become a danger to the future of the US through sheer incompetence and stupidity.

The Democrats, for all their numerous faults, have at least some ideology and sense of wanting to govern with decent policy, and are increasingly looking to become a party of social democracy, although they undermine a lot of their good policies with identity politics. But at least they're looking to govern as opposed to rule.

An American with any basic common sense that wants a future for their country should vote Democrat. A Democratic future might look like a social democracy with a heft dose of political correctness, but a Republican one looks like an strong man led idiocracy with a hefty dose racial division.

There clearly has become a worse option in the US, and it's Republican. And I can see a Republican led America destroy utterly itself.

I see Joseph is keeping the Yanks in Afghanistan, with absolutely no goal, plan or exit strategy outlined.

I thought Trump, the most peaceful president ever, pulled them all out and brought them all home?

Are you saying sir, that Trump did no such thing, and that Biden has to figure out a way to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Not that any reply is to be expected as you run off waiting for the next video, but what do you believe, should people wear masks:
    • Never wear masks
    • Until they're vaccinated
    • Until others are vaccinated

*ladlad runs away like a scorned little puppy*

to be fair, you're asking for links that a known liar lied, it would be like asking for proof that water is wet, you're going to subject yourself to that type of response again and again if you ask others to do very basic research for you.

Did you really think that kayleigh wasn't a known liar, or just asking to be facetious? The former would imply that your world view is quite narrow (which can be widened), the latter, that you are mildly trolling people just for kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really don't know much about what's going on in Afghanistan these days but it's probably just a situation where he hasn't got around to having a hard look at it yet as there's so many areas he has to repair.
    I'd imagine covid-19 and social justice reform are taking up a lot of his time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Covid-19 package passed in the Senate 51-50, VP Harris needed to break the tie. Now goes back to the House, where it may become law fairly quickly.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/senate-passes-budget-plan-biden-covid-19-aid-package_n_601d2a6bc5b66c385ef88d3c

Contrast that, say, to Ireland still not, after a year, having fully passed a law to enable the Garda to enforce Covid restrictions. So, remind me how bad the US system of government is? Let alone the farce that was the Mother and Baby homes report where exhumation laws still need passing and might not get done this year. Or how absolutely nothing got done after the greyhound abuse documentary year before last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Igotadose wrote: »
    Covid-19 package passed in the Senate 51-50, VP Harris needed to break the tie. Now goes back to the House, where it may become law fairly quickly.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/senate-passes-budget-plan-biden-covid-19-aid-package_n_601d2a6bc5b66c385ef88d3c

Contrast that, say, to Ireland still not, after a year, having fully passed a law to enable the Garda to enforce Covid restrictions. So, remind me how bad the US system of government is? Let alone the farce that was the Mother and Baby homes report where exhumation laws still need passing and might not get done this year. Or how absolutely nothing got done after the greyhound abuse documentary year before last.

You could also use examples from the US which doesn't show it's governance in a positive light. For our 'eccentric' characters, see their Marjorie Taylor Greene.
    They have people who are ok with kids in schools having to go through metal detectors every morning but when the same metal detectors are put in to congress 1 week after an insurrection in which 5 people were killed, these same people will refuse to walk through the detectors.

Their Federal Government was most recently shut down in 2018/19 for over a month because the President wanted money to build a wall that he promised Mexico would pay for.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You could also use examples from the US which doesn't show it's governance in a positive light. For our 'eccentric' characters, see their Marjorie Taylor Greene.
    They have people who are ok with kids in schools having to go through metal detectors every morning but when the same metal detectors are put in to congress 1 week after an insurrection in which 5 people were killed, these same people will refuse to walk through the detectors.

Their Federal Government was most recently shut down in 2018/19 for over a month because the President wanted money to build a wall that he promised Mexico would pay for.

Indeed , For all their failings is there anyone in Ireland that would for example trade a Healy-Rae for a Marjorie Taylor Greene or a Matt Gaetz??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Indeed , For all their failings is there anyone in Ireland that would for example trade a Healy-Rae for a Marjorie Taylor Greene or a Matt Gaetz??

A Healy-Rae for Madeline? Would depend on what I wanted from them.

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

No.

You're talking about a country that a sizeable portion of its population would be willing to follow blindly the rantings of the three above and fight tooth and nail for the right of an 8 year old to hold military quality weaponry, yet would fight even harder to prevent that same 8 year old being given the right to a free education and healthcare.

We have our problems over here, but quite frankly I'd take our problems over theirs any day.

It really does highlight the foul and significant role that money plays in US politics.

If you can fire people up and make them angry, you get them to contribute to their campaign.

The more money you get, the more of an audience you can have.

The more of an audience you have, the more money you can get.

The idea of money in politics here is bizarre, and rightly so.

If FF/FG/SF or anyone else wrote to me looking for cash for their campaign, I would tell them to go **** themselves.

It really does highlight the foul and significant role that money plays in US politics.

If you can fire people up and make them angry, you get them to contribute to their campaign.

The more money you get, the more of an audience you can have.

The more of an audience you have, the more money you can get.

The idea of money in politics here is bizarre, and rightly so.

If FF/FG/SF or anyone else wrote to me looking for cash for their campaign, I would tell them to go **** themselves.

Not only that , but the fact that they can seemingly spend those "donations" largely as they see fit just further re-enforces the scam/grifting nature of it all.

We talk of gravy trains here , but theirs are truly gravy super tankers.

Thankyou
    Thankyou I appreciate that.
    You asked for an example of her lying, presumably because you don't live in a world where people know that she does and did every single time she opened her mouth.

Rather than go and check that yourself, you ask someone else to do it for you.

When they do, you don't acknowledge that Kayleigh was a prolific liar, nor do you acknowledge that the comparison to the current press Secretary is ridiculous.

Avoiding having to type 3 simple words into a search engine as opposed to typing out a longer question on boards is a shining example of the level of effort you contribute to this thread imho.

And you should cut down on the pearl clutching. You'll ruin your necklace.

As you can see above I asked a poster to link a video he did and I then thanked him for it.

That is all that happened.

Where your outrage lies I'm not sure.

As you can see above I asked a poster to link a video he did and I then thanked him for it.

That is all that happened.

Where your outrage lies I'm not sure.

Before the video, did you know that kayleigh was a serial liar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Harris' tiebreaking vote came in important yesterday, as the Senate passed $1.9tn in covid relief funds. Every single democrat voted for it, and every single republican voted against it.

I'm sure those who were incorrectly claiming Biden has promised $2,600 and that relief efforts are needed during this time will be along any moment to praise the democrats and criticise the republicans over this.

Funny enough though, the 'stop the steal' nonsense is what directly led to this by tipping both senate seats in Georgia to the democrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Dems are moving ahead, removing Greene and opening the Reconciliation door for Covid Relief Bill. The GOP can't decide where they are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Decency has returned.

Every single democrat voted for it, and every single republican voted against it.

Hopefully we get similar numbers in the impeachment trial and put an end to the second ridiculous impeachment allegations by The Democrats and President Trump can ride off into the sunset with his full pension after changing US politics forever.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we get similar numbers in the impeachment trial and put an end to the second ridiculous impeachment allegations by The Democrats and President Trump can ride off into the sunset with his full pension after changing US politics forever.

Okay, cool.

Do you need me to Google anything for you?

Advertisement